Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 06:50:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR live actually sounded better in 1991 than 1992
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR live actually sounded better in 1991 than 1992  (Read 11147 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2005, 07:47:18 AM »

It was slashs idea for the horns and back up singers not Axls.

I've seen you post this for a while now but have never seen any documentation of this being the case.? Not that I don't believe you, I've just never had any proof of it being indeed factual.

Any quotes from Slash on the matter?

I have always posted the quote by slash, yet you always seem to forget that. I dont have time to post it right now since im off to work but when I get home ill post it once again.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2005, 08:09:57 AM »

Just my three pennies to the first poster:

Your a dick with nothing better to do then moaning and complaining like most of the others do on this board. There was nothing wrong with the little back-up thingy's. In fact, it was pretty interesting and cool to me. Too bad you didn't like it........wait.......I'm sure you liked it but as in refering to my first sentence.....you got nothing better to do then dragging old cows from the ditch.

Enjoy jerking off to Traci and Roberta posters from the old days

What the fuck is your problem buddy? The guy was just stating his opinion, I don't prefer all that extra crap i.e Backup singers, Teedy Andreais and crap like that but in the end we got used to them, well until the band scrapped them anyway

I've got no problem, neither with him or anyone. I've got problems with the mentallity these days. I've seen this discussion over and over again. In the end......who cares? The old days were fun, but I'm focussing on the new Gn'R and looking forward to discussions which are relevant these days rather then the past. But that's a personal thing.

Like I said in the post after I made the insult: "I appologize for the language. But I meaned what I said about all the people complaining these days, taken in context. Guess some frustration or some sort. Indeed that last line wasn't neccecary, but it was meaned sarcasticly. However, I'll keep it to myself next time or will reply in a civil way."

Smiley

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2005, 09:38:57 AM »

I have always posted the quote by slash, yet you always seem to forget that. I dont have time to post it right now since im off to work but when I get home ill post it once again.

I actually went through a few hundred of your recent posts and couldn't find anything on the subject so I took the liberty of asking.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2005, 10:42:45 AM »

I read somewhere that the backup singers and horns were Slash's idea too.

Whatever the case,
I thought that was a horrible idea.
It's too bad that THEY have to be on the only official release from that tour.

I really liked the '93 sound of the band. With the acoustic section of the set.

But 91 was cool too... The shows setlist varied from night to night.

I find it really sad that Guns pretty much played the exact same show for most of the UYI tour.
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2005, 03:03:24 PM »

I find it really sad that Guns pretty much played the exact same show for most of the UYI tour.

They most certainly did not. None of the five concert recordings I've seen from the UYI tour have EXACTLY the same setlist. YCBM and Dont Cry weren't even played at Noblesville 1991, whereas Right Next Door To Hell wasn't played in Tokyo 92, Paris 92 or Chicago 92. Coma was played in Chicago but none of the others...I could go on for hours..

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2005, 04:14:01 PM »

For some reason, I think it may have been Slash's idea to have all the back-up musicians on the UYI tour. I think Axl mentions it on a GnR past, present, future thing on MTV after they aired the Paris show? Slash then says how fun it is having an entourage on the road with them and taking over hotels. This is what p[ops in my head anyways. I'll watch it later & see for sure.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2005, 06:16:40 PM »

I've seen this discussion over and over again. In the end......who cares? The old days were fun, but I'm focussing on the new Gn'R and looking forward to discussions which are relevant these days rather then the past.

This section is called Dead Horse. Y'know? Roll Eyes

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2005, 06:35:56 PM »

I cant find the quote but every gnr fan knows it was Slashs idea. He said it in some interview and it has been proven on this board before.  You can  believe what ever  you want, if I find the quote ill post it, but it was in an interview from 92 or so.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2005, 06:41:22 PM »

The setlists were the best in 1991. The shows were the most epic in 1992. The shows were the most aggressive in 1993.

The setlists got really dull in late 1993, when they were back in Europe and then in South America.

Easy, Brownstone, Live and Let Die, Double Talkin, Welcome to the Jungle, Attitude, Yesterdays, Your Crazy, You Aint the First, Used to Love Her, Patience, Knockin on Heavens Door, November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Dead Horse, Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City

That was the setlist for like 80% of 1993.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2005, 08:29:12 PM »

I cant find the quote but every gnr fan knows it was Slashs idea.

I've been a GNR fan since I saw them open for The Cult in '87 and I've never heard that until you brought it up eons ago.

if I find the quote ill post it, but it was in an interview from 92 or so.

Until then....

I digress..
No matter who's idea it was, it was fucking stupid.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2005, 02:28:18 AM »

I agree. The horn section was stupid as were the back up singers. So glad they got rid of them in 1993.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2005, 02:43:44 AM »

I've seen this discussion over and over again. In the end......who cares? The old days were fun, but I'm focussing on the new Gn'R and looking forward to discussions which are relevant these days rather then the past.

This section is called Dead Horse. Y'know? Roll Eyes

This topic was originally started and moved to here from the Guns N' Roses section. Y'know? That's why I was so harsh on it at first.  Roll Eyes

Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2005, 02:49:07 AM »

This topic was originally started and moved to here from the Guns N' Roses section. Y'know? That's why I was so harsh on it at first.? Roll Eyes

Well, that was my bad, since I'm the topic starter. I wasn't sure where to post this. You're an immature moron for insulting me because of that.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 02:59:07 AM by Koskenkorvasieni » Logged

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2005, 04:45:24 AM »

This topic was originally started and moved to here from the Guns N' Roses section. Y'know? That's why I was so harsh on it at first.? Roll Eyes

Well, that was my bad, since I'm the topic starter. I wasn't sure where to post this. You're an immature moron for insulting me because of that.

I already appologized for that, haven't you readed it? If you have, you might get over it. If so, I could stay away from this section of the board. We'd all be very happy bunnies.

Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2005, 06:49:26 AM »

I already appologized for that, haven't you readed it? If you have, you might get over it. If so, I could stay away from this section of the board. We'd all be very happy bunnies.

Okay, apology accepted. Let's get back on topic.

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2005, 09:49:58 AM »

Aren't the backup singers required for November Rain? and the horns, strings, trumpets and crap for Bad Obsession? So what's the problem?

Fuck 'Em All.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2005, 09:54:53 AM »

Aren't the backup singers required for November Rain? and the horns, strings, trumpets and crap for Bad Obsession? So what's the problem?

Good point, but sadly enough they were also present during songs which didn't really require them at all..

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2005, 11:41:13 AM »

No since the keyboard could do the same job for Nov Rain like it did before they got them and on the CD tour.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2005, 06:45:16 PM »

the horn section was great. and I prefer big stadium shows too.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2005, 04:34:55 PM »

Nesquick, who is that woman you say is hot? The pic is small so I cant really tell. Is it Posh Spice?

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: