Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:20:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Are Axl Rose fans embarrassing?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are Axl Rose fans embarrassing?  (Read 6014 times)
RichardNixon
« on: May 09, 2005, 10:35:50 AM »

If you look at those Michael Jackson fans, it's like "oh, look at those wackos." Is it the same with the hard-core Axl supporters. I'm not talking about GN'R fans in general, I'm talking about, well, you know...I guess I'm one of them...I can't seem to help it. It's like an addiction. Maybe we should start a support group..AA, Axl Anonymous.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 10:40:50 AM »

I don't think that's anything typical for Micheal Jackson or Axl fans.

There's always fans that don't see their idols as people but as some superhumans who never do anything wrong.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 10:43:06 AM »

No.

Like Axl, we his fans have no shame. ?Tongue

If other people find us "embarrassing" ... oh fuckin' well to them.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
RichardNixon
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 10:44:12 AM »

There's always fans that don't see their idols as people but as some superhumans who never do anything wrong.

/jarmo

When I was in jr. high school, I saw Axl that way. It's hard to shake it off. I guess we all need heros.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 10:56:07 AM »

no offense to you at all RichardNixon, but that is the type of thing that not only creeps me out, but also baffles me.  Looking up to a guy is one thing, but its a whole other thing to look to him as a god.  I am sure over time now that you have grown up these feelings have subsided a good deal. 

Does anyone remember lolly from gnronline?  good old karen who is still in jail I suppose.  She was the epitome of a scary fan. 
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 11:00:38 AM »

I suppose it depends on who these people are embarrassing.  If some of the Axl maniacs out there wish to make fools of themselves, then go for it.  I get a good laugh out of these folks, like the Axl vs. Jesus guy, what a joke.  I would speculate that these people have nothing going on in their lives so they live through Axl, not that he has much going on either!!
RichardNixon
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 11:13:08 AM »

no offense to you at all RichardNixon, but that is the type of thing that not only creeps me out, but also baffles me.? Looking up to a guy is one thing, but its a whole other thing to look to him as a god.? I am sure over time now that you have grown up these feelings have subsided a good deal.?

Does anyone remember lolly from gnronline?? good old karen who is still in jail I suppose.? She was the epitome of a scary fan.?

It's like, when your a kid, you idolize a rockstar, and as an adult, even if you recognizee it's irrational, you still feel emotional about those people you looked up to.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 11:21:08 AM »

as weird as i am, i don't think i need AA anonymous because i went to 1 concert in my whole life and the band would NEVER find me on their way.

I'm not " wacko" but am probably emotionally needy like many here and GNR were and are still probably my virtual nanny.. hihi hihi

Wink

Nothing to say
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 11:24:01 AM »

I am only speaking about the over obsessed fans not GNR fans in general.  I am a fan but I look at the world realistically, not some Axl driven fantasy.
mike_giuliana
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 02:00:33 PM »

/jarmo

When I was in jr. high school, I saw Axl that way. It's hard to shake it off. I guess we all need heros.
Iwas the same way too.. Much different when you grow up though..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 02:10:59 PM »

I get a good laugh out of these folks, like the Axl vs. Jesus guy, what a joke. 
rofl rofl rofl

Well I think I'm not an Axl fan.
I'm kinda scared of the idol worshippers since Take That....

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 02:34:31 PM »

If I were you guys I wouldn't pile on the crazy Axl Rose fans, because they are in fact crazy. You are lible to wake up tomorrow with your tires slashed and "Fuck the old band" painted on the hood of your car.

to get serious.... there are some people that take the 'Axl love' to a dangerous level.
Elrothiel
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2005, 02:42:56 PM »

I think that although some fans ARE embarrassing because they go crazy every time Axl's name is mentioned, most fans are mature enough to realize that being like that is not only embarrassing for Gn'R fans in general, but also embarrassing to the other Axl fans who aren't so insane. Reason: Being insane just makes other people think "Jeez, why are all Axl fans like that?!"
I admit that at times, I can go a little mad, but its not a crime to do that once in a while, everyone does, just not all the time!
I am a bit freaked out by certain idol worshippers though... some people just go OTT. Luckily I don't. At least I don't think so.
Come what may, I'm an Axl fan through and through, say what you will. ?beer But, just to clear one thing up, I ADORE the old band and I'd give anything to see them all back together again, although I'm interested in what the new band has to offer. I'm a little pissed off that so many people think that all Axl fans hate the old band and just want the new band's stuff. For fuck's sake! If the old band wasn't around, then Axl Rose wouldn't be working with a new band, and forget Velvet Revolver.
If you wanna thank anyone for the old band... actually, its probably Axl's parents. As shit as they were, if they weren't the way they were, Gn'R may never have existed because the redhead from Indiana wouldn't have moved to the city until a later date, therefore not getting there in time for Gn'R... if you get what I'm saying...
jeez, I'm knackered. Understand, when I'm knackered, I do not shut up unless I force myself to, I mean look, I'm still typing, and I can't stop. I just keep thinking of more things to say, so I gotta go before I bore y'all!

: ok:Elly ok
mike_giuliana
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2005, 02:44:32 PM »

If I were you guys I wouldn't pile on the crazy Axl Rose fans, because they are in fact crazy. You are lible to wake up tomorrow with your tires slashed and "Fuck the old band" painted on the hood of your car.

to get serious.... there are some people that take the 'Axl love' to a dangerous level.

There's no doubt there are some extreme people online.. No one will ever say hey axl is just taking forever to release the album, they are convinced it's always someone elses fault.. Some people do get to that borderline obsessed stalker type metallity
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2005, 02:51:11 PM »

I'm kinda scared of the idol worshippers since Take That....   

rofl  rofl  rofl

so who was/is ur fav member in gnr? new /old what-the-fuck-ever  Cheesy

Hmm I like Axl Brain Robin... and I liked Bucket...Basically I love the band as a whole. love
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2005, 04:51:44 PM »

I thought this part of the forum was for the Axl Anonymous group...! hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2005, 05:23:20 PM »

I used to be one of thoses embarassing Axlites, I would make every and any excuse for the reasons as to why Axl hasn't put out CD anything else that would need defending.   But my therapy is each and every year that goes by that he doesn't release CD and disappears with no info at all from him or his managment, except for vague statements.  Don't get me wrong, I still love Axl but not to the point of delusion.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2005, 01:47:49 PM »

Fuck no! rant
Everyone has idols, and everyone goes a little bit radio ga-ga over them. peace
I have absolutley no shame in being an Axl fan. ok

What's so civil about war anyway?
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2005, 01:53:45 PM »

When AFD came out, I played it everywhere I went.  I think I was making people crazy with it.  hihi

I actually ran into someone that I haven't seen in 15 years and she said "Every time I think of you, I think of GNR because you always played that one album over and over."  Tongue

Why don't you just....
Elrothiel
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2005, 02:16:54 PM »

I actually ran into someone that I haven't seen in 15 years and she said "Every time I think of you, I think of GNR because you always played that one album over and over." Tongue
Hehe, my college friends say to me that whenever they see something Gn'R related anywhere, they think of me because I'm the one obsessed with Gn'R! hihi
They say that if I could have been at the Troubadour when they played their first show, I would have lept onstage to do unmentionable things to Axl... rofl Thing is, so would a lot of girls! He was so fucking sexy back in the day! Why the hell did he get botox and braids and extra pounds???!!! He was PERFECT the way he was! He's still awesome, but...... *sniffle* where did the young sexy Axl go???!!

(random thing from today) My friend from college told me that her mom's met Sid Vicious! AWESOME!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: