Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:19:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If one of the ex-members wanted to come back to the GN'R?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If one of the ex-members wanted to come back to the GN'R?  (Read 17873 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2005, 02:14:10 AM »

I would like to think that Axl is capable of forgiving and forgetting, it is not healthy to hold grudges and I would hope that is something Axl has learned from experience.

what about the ex-members, its not like there not out n' about speakin' shit about Axl either ya know!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2005, 02:26:55 AM »

I would like to think that Axl is capable of forgiving and forgetting, it is not healthy to hold grudges and I would hope that is something Axl has learned from experience.

what about the ex-members, its not like there not out n' about speakin' shit about Axl either ya know!!

you could say that (although I dont think theyve 'talked shit', rather stated there side of the story) although I havent heard them say anything totally ruling out a reunion or reconciliation. Certainly they havent used analogies pertaining to being held prisoner.

Sure, theyve sounded doubtful, but I imagine theyd consider it and be willing to move on. Infact, I cant recall hearing any bitterness when you hear past members (excluding Axl) talk about GNR

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2005, 02:30:56 AM »

listen

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2005, 02:40:09 AM »

listen

to what?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2005, 04:49:22 AM »

Lets not forget that he badmouthed Izzy on several occasions on the UYI world tour, and then invited him back (albeit temporarily) when Gilby broke his wrist.

....and badmouthed him yet again as soon as he was out the door  hihi

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2005, 05:06:59 AM »

It may not have been asked explicitly, but when Axl says things like getting back with the old members would be akin to being sentenced to jail for life (I'm paraphrasing), I think his intentions and feelings on this issue are absolutely clear.

That was some years ago.

Hopefully, things may have changed since then...  yes

Lets not forget that he badmouthed Izzy on several occasions on the UYI world tour, and then invited him back (albeit temporarily) when Gilby broke his wrist.

That was a decade+ ago.  things must have changed since then...

Experience tells you never again to waste your fucking time a sec with those who fucked you up once.
At twice it's your fault, that they take advantage of you........ as in Spanish sayings.

That's not a grudge. Far from it! It's wisdom that is always better than silver or gold (/money). ok
Warren
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2005, 08:11:17 AM »

Axl's dream of "being GN'R" wasn't a dream : it was a utopia.

Some people here definitely lost the sense of reality. Tongue

Axl bought the name, all right. But that does not mean he is able to make GN'R without Slash and Izzy.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 08:18:44 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2005, 08:17:24 AM »

Yes, it's 2005. Not 1987.

Those five guys aren't what they were in 1987. So your reunion wouldn't be the same. You'll never have another Ritz 1988 no matter how much you wish for it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Warren
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2005, 08:27:55 AM »

Yes, it's 2005. Not 1987.

Those five guys aren't what they were in 1987. So your reunion wouldn't be the same. You'll never have another Ritz 1988 no matter how much you wish for it.

/jarmo

I know it wouldn't the same than in 1988 ! EVEN IF GN'R HAD NOT SPLIT, IT WOULD NOT BE THE SAME !

1965' Rolling Stones aren't the same than 2005 Rolling Stones either. But nobody calls them the New Rolling Stones, OK ? And nugnr ain't coming through the door either no matter how much you wish it.

If the people supporting nugnr on this forum were true Axl's fans, wouldn't have they realized since a long time that the new band doesn't work, and what happened in 2002 would happen again if nugnr started a tour or released an album ?
It would be such a ridiculous flop that it would probably mean the end of Axl's career as a singer.

I'm a GN'R fan since 1990 and I thought the people who are supporting nugnr were Axl's fans. I don't see it like that anymore... These guys must be Stinson's or Finck's fans ! Because they would drive Axl to a total failure if he listened to them.
That's why I feel as a greater Axl's fan than many people who are constantly posting "Axl I love you" and despising a reunion.

Nevertheless, a reunion is the ONLY way (if you think that an album would bring more people to the concerts, you are fooling yourself) to bring Guns N'Roses back to life. People would attend the concerts and a new album with Slash, Duff and Izzy would not only be welcome by everybody, it would be a great EVENT. Except if you are a Stinson's or Finck's fan, of course. Some people here should grow up, and be realistic.

PS : Remember that Duff said (not a long time ago) that if Axl called him, he would always be there for him 'cause Axl will always be his brother.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 08:34:22 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2005, 08:33:30 AM »

1965' Rolling Stones aren't the same than 2005 Rolling Stones either. But nobody calls them the New Rolling Stones, OK ?

That really helps your argument. It was touch and go until you added that part, but now you have a rock-solid foundation from which to promote your views. Oh, wait . . . .
Warren
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2005, 08:47:01 AM »

nugnr is like thinking you can go walking to the moon just because you've got brand new moon-boots. yes

Buying the name and hiring 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 1364 musicians ain't enough...

HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2005, 08:55:07 AM »

Buying the name and hiring 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 1364 musicians ain't enough...

Nothing could possibly be "enough" to satisfy those pining for the old band. If you're determined that no line-up other than the AFD or Illusions albums GNR is worthy of the name then nothing else could possibly satiate you. So, since we've established that, why not give the hyperbole a rest? We understand your stance on the subject, it's very clear. You don't need to post it in every reply you make to every thread, really. Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's, and equally invalid, so just chill. 
Warren
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2005, 09:04:53 AM »

Nothing could possibly be "enough" to satisfy those pining for the old band. If you're determined that no line-up other than the AFD or Illusions albums GNR is worthy of the name then nothing else could possibly satiate you. So, since we've established that, why not give the hyperbole a rest? We understand your stance on the subject, it's very clear. You don't need to post it in every reply you make to every thread, really. Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's, and equally invalid, so just chill.?

I've never said that the AFD or Illusions were the only line-up worthy. I'm saying that Slash has to be in Guns N'Roses if Axl wants bring this to life !

Thank you very much indeed for giving me the right to express myself. Just like you are doing. So just chill.
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2005, 09:07:33 AM »

Nothing could possibly be "enough" to satisfy those pining for the old band. If you're determined that no line-up other than the AFD or Illusions albums GNR is worthy of the name then nothing else could possibly satiate you.

I think nu-GNR after 5 years in the shadows need to 'step up' deliver top notch songs via CD, play some great gigs around the world and win people over one-by-one before these whisperings will go away. Chastising people for wanting the old band back is unfair when you compare the quality and quantity of the output from each entity. Legendary stamp on music history versus nothing is a no brainer really.
peace,
Intercourse.
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2005, 09:09:42 AM »

Nothing could possibly be "enough" to satisfy those pining for the old band. If you're determined that no line-up other than the AFD or Illusions albums GNR is worthy of the name then nothing else could possibly satiate you. So, since we've established that, why not give the hyperbole a rest? We understand your stance on the subject, it's very clear. You don't need to post it in every reply you make to every thread, really. Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's, and equally invalid, so just chill.?

I've never said that the AFD or Illusions were the only line-up worthy. I'm saying that Slash has to be in Guns N'Roses if he wants bring this to life !

Thank you very much indeed for giving me the right to express myself. Just like you are doing. So just chill.

I think you slightly missed my point, so I'll simplify; Posting the same thing over and over is really boring. Really, really boring. Really, really, really boring. Please try not to say the same thing in every post you make in every thread, because it's really boring. Really, really boring. Really, really, really boring.

Oh, and Slash has a new band now. The best way to show your support for him would be to support his current efforts. I'm sure he'd appreciate that.
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2005, 09:11:36 AM »

Nothing could possibly be "enough" to satisfy those pining for the old band. If you're determined that no line-up other than the AFD or Illusions albums GNR is worthy of the name then nothing else could possibly satiate you.

I think nu-GNR after 5 years in the shadows need to 'step up' deliver top notch songs via CD, play some great gigs around the world and win people over one-by-one before these whisperings will go away. Chastising people for wanting the old band back is unfair when you compare the quality and quantity of the output from each entity. Legendary stamp on music history versus nothing is a no brainer really.
peace,
Intercourse.
I wasn't chastising anyone for wanting the old band back, I think it's a valid (if completely illusory) desire, even if I don't share it.
Warren
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2005, 09:22:29 AM »

I've been reading pretty funny things through the time : "Chin Dem will be the best record ever", "Axl's the best", "Chin Dem will be great", "Axl is GN'R", "Chin Dem is coming out in November", "Finck is better than Slash", "Chin Dem is coming in March", "Axl sings better than ever", "Oh My God is such a great song", "Chin Dem is coming out in October", "Axl's the best", "Chin Dem will be great", "nugnr is better than GN'R", "Axl's the best", "Reunion sucks", "Axl's the best", "Chin Dem is coming out in November", "Finck is better than Slash".

But I'm sure you don't share these very very very exciting opinions, do you HK-47 ? rofl
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 09:46:03 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2005, 09:22:57 AM »

I wasn't chastising anyone for wanting the old band back, I think it's a valid (if completely illusory) desire, even if I don't share it.

I agree HK, it probably won't happen. I often wonder though if Axl, re-joined the world again, got CD out of his system, got married, had a couple of kids, i.e  got other more important and fundamental  things to focus his energies on to give him a sense of balance...then maybe then you might see dialogue at least.....the anger has to fade at some stage. I always thought Madagascar was alluding to that growing feeling of forgiveness in Axl, still the song is laced with accusations that he has been 'brought down' by them so I suppose we are a long way from the bright end of the tunnel yet...i.e what you're saying is correct!!
peace,
Intercourse.
Warren
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2005, 09:28:58 AM »

I agree HK, it probably won't happen. I often wonder though if Axl, re-joined the world again, got CD out of his system, got married, had a couple of kids, i.e? got other more important and fundamental? things to focus his energies on to give him a sense of balance...then maybe then you might see dialogue at least.....the anger has to fade at some stage. I always thought Madagascar was alluding to that growing feeling of forgiveness in Axl, still the song is laced with accusations that he has been 'brought down' by them so I suppose we are a long way from the bright end of the tunnel yet...i.e what you're saying is correct!!
peace,
Intercourse.

nugnr "probably" won't happen either rofl
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 09:31:12 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2005, 09:31:23 AM »

I agree HK, it probably won't happen. I often wonder though if Axl, re-joined the world again, got CD out of his system, got married, had a couple of kids, i.e? got other more important and fundamental? things to focus his energies on to give him a sense of balance...then maybe then you might see dialogue at least.....the anger has to fade at some stage. I always thought Madagascar was alluding to that growing feeling of forgiveness in Axl, still the song is laced with accusations that he has been 'brought down' by them so I suppose we are a long way from the bright end of the tunnel yet...i.e what you're saying is correct!!
peace,
Intercourse.

I would hope that a little success with the new band would be the impetus for Axl to allow himself some breathing room, and get some distance from the break-up of the old band. If that were the case, I'd expect him to mellow out a little. But we don't really know what went on between all of those guys, or what Axl's innermost thoughts on the issue are. It would just be nice to get to a stage where he and the other previous GNR members can lay the rivalry/animosity to rest and get on with their post-GNR careers - perhaps then the fan rivalries would cool down a touch too.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: