Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:31:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If one of the ex-members wanted to come back to the GN'R?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If one of the ex-members wanted to come back to the GN'R?  (Read 17973 times)
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2005, 05:51:15 PM »

as I'm concerned I prefer to live in the present.
good for you, I like to live in the present as well

Realistically, this is never gonna happen however strongly you wish it would, so no need to think about it all the time.
Okay, there's your point of view but don't tell us what to think

Besides, I've already stated that I think reunions are lame

fuck the original lame line-up

I'd ?rather have no GN'R than a reunited GN'R (let the flaming begin !)

You're a moderator and you are already tripping with this thread. read the topic. this is not old vs. new thread or really a straight a head reunion topic. 
mrsaxlrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2005, 05:57:41 PM »

I think there is always the possibility of a reunion. ?The problem is going to come down to Axl. ?Slash has always said he was willing to come back if Axl would call, and I think Izzy would come back given that he and Axl go way back. ?And while Axl would not have to necessarily admit he was wrong, he can't be the dictator that he was back then. ?As he gets older, I would hope that he would get wiser and realize that Guns N' Roses is nothing without the Guns. ?We have the Rose, but we need the guns!!

Yes, dammit, I WILL be Mrs. Axl Rose someday soon....
John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2005, 05:57:58 PM »

John Daniels
the topic may not but the replies are likely to kill a poor horse.

yeah, maybe you're right. expecially when we even have a moderator going on with reunion and new vs. old thing. I was looking a little bit something else with these questions of mine but perhaps I was little too much close to dead horse.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2005, 06:08:15 PM »

John Daniels

Pandora's post you quoted  is a reply to Walapino post not for your topic.

Anyways If you were talking about the time after all  the Chinese things finish, say in 14 yrs time, I'd say "maybe".
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2005, 06:47:52 PM »

as I'm concerned I prefer to live in the present.
good for you, I like to live in the present as well

Realistically, this is never gonna happen however strongly you wish it would, so no need to think about it all the time.
Okay, there's your point of view but don't tell us what to think

Man, excuse me but you're completely out of it. I'm not telling you what to think. I'm just slightly tired of reading the upteenth fantasy thread about some former members coming back, which will then cause other people to complain it's not happening. This kind of thread is absolutely pointless. And yes, as a moderator I feel all the more strongly about it.

Besides, I've already stated that I think reunions are lame

fuck the original lame line-up

Did I say that? Stop putting words in my mouth please.

I'd  rather have no GN'R than a reunited GN'R (let the flaming begin !)

You're a moderator and you are already tripping with this thread. read the topic. this is not old vs. new thread or really a straight a head reunion topic. 

When did I say the new line-up was better than the old one? Oh that's right, I never said that. Once again your imagination seems to be running in overclock. I'm just saying I'm against reunions and would rather have nothing than a reunited band. Reunited band, does that have nothing to do with the topic?

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2005, 08:10:54 PM »

If one of them want to come back I wish its Steven... he'd look amazing in Brain's place...
mike_giuliana
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2005, 12:27:57 PM »

If you are a real gnr fan how could you not want to see the actual band that made it big.. The more original members the better.. It's like wanting to see a KISS cover badn over the actual band..
mike_giuliana
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2005, 05:54:57 PM »

^hey you.. It means if you followed gnr through their hey day you would want the real band rather then the fake one.. Any band that seperates gets shit for keeping it going and always has great reunion concerts... New gnr can tour, then real gnr can tour and we'd see which one more people are interested in.. You can act whatever way, but any person I know that enjoyed them back then could care less about this version of gnr but would love to hear old gnr any day.. ok Nothing wrong with supporting axl, I just have no interest in the people in the band itself..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2005, 06:15:02 PM »

but any person I know that enjoyed them back then could care less about this version of gnr but would love to hear old gnr any day..

Funny since I know many people who liked the band back in the 80s and still can enjoy the new band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2005, 01:04:25 AM »

I want to hear Chinese Democracy, after that either way is fine with me, but first i gotta hear this album as is.

I dont want a reunion for the money

if they sincerely wanna get back together thats great but nothing just for the money.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2005, 01:38:08 AM »

It would be the biggest reunion tour in history if the five originals got back together.? ?Would be awesome to see.

Welcome to the Jungle Baby
Warren
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2005, 04:19:20 AM »

We all know that Slash, Duff, Izzy quit the band and Steven was fired because of the Everly case and drug issues.

But situation is this. What if some one of these original guys would want to come back to the GN'R camp. Let's play, like if VR would brake down (because of Scott and his problems..you know what I'm meaning) and Slash and Duff were thinking that the chemistry between the old guys is/was so good, so why to waste it, music is what counts, right?..so let's get a contact to the red hair and figure out if he's got his shit together and willing to negotiate..you know, more age you get, more softer you get and I think this goes with Axl as well. What are the chances this to happen if VR would brake down?

We all know that Steven is out, no speculations there. But most important thing is where does Izzy stay here? You know, that GN'R was as much Izzy's project and dream as it was Axl's. The thing is that Izzy couldn't handle the pressures. But that doesn't mean that he didn't love the GN'R band and being in that band, it was his dream to come true when he left Indiana as it was Axl's when he followed Izzy to LA.

Okay, we know that VR is going very strong and they have showed to every one how much they have heart in that project and how strong band they are but how is it going to be with Izzy?? Does Izzy still do a motor bike travels to the hills as he did in the early 90's and was it 2000? Has he done it again? Is he talking with Axl? Does he want to get back to the band now that Buckethead is out? Does he want to make songs with Axl? Izzy and Axl goes long way back in the future and I think Axl has always a soft spot for Izzy. Isn't it Izzy who has talked with Axl since the band broke down..

You remember that Axl has always said that they choose to walk away but what if a one or another would walk back and say that he wants to come back to his real band would Axl let him come back?

Feel free to share point of views and remember that these are only speculations. My personal point of view is that anything can happen if people are able to talk things through. Slash and Duff are different case but Izzy is really the question mark. It really could happen, could it?? confused? Smiley? ?

I really hope it will happen. That would be HUGE. Cheesy

When I look at the new band, I don't see Guns N'Roses, it's just something else.
Axl kept the name but it's not Guns N'Roses anymore.

Axl must convince Slash and Izzy to come back. That would bring Guns N'Roses to life.
Let's be realistic : nugnr is in a deep coma... For me this band is over.
mike_giuliana
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2005, 04:50:30 AM »

but any person I know that enjoyed them back then could care less about this version of gnr but would love to hear old gnr any day..

Funny since I know many people who liked the band back in the 80s and still can enjoy the new band.

/jarmo

no one said you couldn't enjoy the new band, I just would take the old members back in a heart beat over keeping hte new guys.. For me as a gnr fan I'd rather just see gnr.. beer I know there are many axl only fans so to them a gnr without any oringal members is all good, but I liked the entire group. To me like every great guitar rock band there was a 1-2 punch, tyler perry, jagger richard, page plant, etc.. The you have axl slash, to me you need them at least to seem like gnr..
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2005, 06:23:28 AM »

Well music history tells us that it's not a case of if but when.  Sabbath with Ozzy people said that would never happen again - now they can't stay away, Page & Plant, Cream, hell even the remainder of The Beatles got back for a jam eventually. 

It wont be untill CD has come out and we see the results of that.  But i hope they do it before they all get too old.  The 20th Anniversary of Appetite's release is shockingly not too far away.  I'd put some money on that being a key moment.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2005, 07:26:42 AM »

Some people here, even moderators, prefer no Guns N'Roses at all than Guns N'Roses with Slash, Izzy & Co. rofl
Amazing ! And ridiculous.

Are those people GN'R fans or just Axl's fans ? Undecided

I find it amazing and ridiculous that so many "fans" seem to wish that GNR had been preserved in amber back in 1987. I fail to see what would be achieved by a reunion or old members returning to the new line-up, other than placating the nostaligia-crazed moaners. In fact, I think a GNR reunion would be an embarassment like all other reunions; a group of middle-aged men getting back together to play songs that they wrote half a lifetime ago. For people who still pine for the original band members there's already a huge array of live bootlegs/videos, as well as the original albums and official dvds, and the memories of live shows they attended back in the day; is that not enough? The truth is that if Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven got back together with Axl to tour, the band would be a shadow of its former self anyway, it's been well over a decade since those guys played together, they're different people now than they were then, and they're steadily advancing in years. Does anyone imagine that the original GNR in 2005 would play with the intensity and energy that they had in the late 80's? That a group of middle-aged millionairres who've been in and out of rehab numerous times are going to put on a show as wild as a bunch of drug-crazed kids?

I've been a GNR fan since I was nine years old. I grew up loving that version of the band but I don't sit around hoping that they get back together so that I can relive my childhood because, like the original GNR, it's over now. Myself, the world, and the members of the old GNR have all moved on and that's a good thing. And regardless of who is in the band now, or what the next album is like, the original band will always exist for our enjoyment on AFD, Lies, Illusions. There's no need to hope and wish and pine for the band to get back together, they're still right there on the albums, available 24/7 for your listening pleasure.

Meanwhile, there's a whole new GNR with a new album on the way to look forward to, if you're interested. I have a feeling though that those who want GNR circa-1987 are going to be at least disappointed, if not musically disenfranchised, by CD.
John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2005, 07:27:41 AM »

My intension was not to provoke any discussion on new and old line up. Which one is better etc. I was just curious about the situation if one or two old members who quit the band would want to come back. Would Axl say welcome/let's talk or just be "you walked away, don't want to hear anything from you never again". I think that this question has not been asked from Rose.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2005, 07:29:21 AM »

I just would take the old members back in a heart beat over keeping hte new guys..

You'd take a reunion inspired by money and greed over a band that don't want to take the easy way to make some money?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2005, 09:05:29 AM »

I think that this question has not been asked from Rose.

It may not have been asked explicitly, but when Axl says things like getting back with the old members would be akin to being sentenced to jail for life (I'm paraphrasing), I think his intentions and feelings on this issue are absolutely clear.

Some people here, even moderators, prefer no Guns N'Roses at all than Guns N'Roses with Slash, Izzy & Co. rofl
Amazing ! And ridiculous.

That's because we're not GN'R fans at all. Has nobody told you that all of us mods are actually Phil Collins fans who happen to spend their free time on this board?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 09:07:38 AM by Pandora » Logged

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2005, 10:05:59 AM »

I think that this question has not been asked from Rose.

It may not have been asked explicitly, but when Axl says things like getting back with the old members would be akin to being sentenced to jail for life (I'm paraphrasing), I think his intentions and feelings on this issue are absolutely clear.

Perhaps you have a point there. Didn't remember that line from Axl. But then again, don't remember who said it (Duff?) but it went something like; Rose is a person that has very strict view how the things should be and who's a friend and who's not to the point when he just decides to think otherwise.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2005, 11:53:15 AM »

I find it amazing and ridiculous that so many "fans" seem to wish that GNR had been preserved in amber back in 1987. I fail to see what would be achieved by a reunion or old members returning to the new line-up, other than placating the nostaligia-crazed moaners. In fact, I think a GNR reunion would be an embarassment like all other reunions; a group of middle-aged men getting back together to play songs that they wrote half a lifetime ago. For people who still pine for the original band members there's already a huge array of live bootlegs/videos, as well as the original albums and official dvds, and the memories of live shows they attended back in the day; is that not enough? The truth is that if Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven got back together with Axl to tour, the band would be a shadow of its former self anyway, it's been well over a decade since those guys played together, they're different people now than they were then, and they're steadily advancing in years. Does anyone imagine that the original GNR in 2005 would play with the intensity and energy that they had in the late 80's? That a group of middle-aged millionairres who've been in and out of rehab numerous times are going to put on a show as wild as a bunch of drug-crazed kids?

Meanwhile, there's a whole new GNR with a new album on the way to look forward to, if you're interested. I have a feeling though that those who want GNR circa-1987 are going to be at least disappointed, if not musically disenfranchised, by CD.
HK-47. I totally agree. I'm glad they didn't take that path. Instead they choose their respective challenging courses.
Until they are too old to challenge, reunion is sissy.
The musical chemistry wouldn't be there.
Seemingly in GNR it was once burned out in the early '90th.

No.
In idol worshippers minds things might seem that way but music fans hear the music first then see the band and the musicians.
As a music fan I want to hear more songs like Riyadh, Chinese Democracy, oh my god, and IRS.

There are new chemistry in GN'R and the fans of it.

Is it so hard for you to accept the fact that there are Robin, Brain, Chris, Tommy, Richard, Dizzy and was Bucket(missing) in GN'R?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: