Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:25:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If one of the ex-members wanted to come back to the GN'R?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If one of the ex-members wanted to come back to the GN'R?  (Read 17876 times)
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2005, 11:38:48 AM »

From the way Tommy has described the matter, Axl seems to just forget about the person completely.
He considers the person of no existence, no more bothers and that's that.

Somehow I doubt that. I think it's hard to "forget" about a person who you feel has betrayed you. Just because you don't talk to them or mention them anymore doesn't mean you have forgotten them. The pain of the betrayal and the grudge are still there. And Axl's numerous onstage rants about his family, ex-members, ex-collaborators and what not are a total proof of the fact that he has a hard time getting over those issues IMO.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2005, 12:40:15 PM »

I would be completely in favour of any of the original GnR members returning to the band. Although I like the new band, and can't imagine Axl making a CD below standard; the original band are the reason I am a GnR fan, and most likely the reason the people who bash the old band and constantly insist the new band is much better became fans too. And IMO Axl playing with Gilby in 2000, and talking to Izzy a while back, seems to show, Axl does not hold grudges on the level people have the impression he holds them. So, in the unlikely event that the original members would return, I would support it 100%
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2005, 01:53:57 PM »

Somehow I doubt that. I think it's hard to "forget" about a person who you feel has betrayed you. Just because you don't talk to them or mention them anymore doesn't mean you have forgotten them. The pain of the betrayal and the grudge are still there. And Axl's numerous onstage rants about his family, ex-members, ex-collaborators and what not are a total proof of the fact that he has a hard time getting over those issues IMO.

And if he found that totally waste of time?
He may have learnt from experience (unlike me) and never minds the bollocks. JMO.

Besides, providing He's still in touch with his family, they are not "The deads" for him.
mike_giuliana
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2005, 02:09:39 PM »

for me visually the new guys have done nothing for me.. As gnr players they did a handfull of shows in a brief period of time ,so by any means they are all replacabale without having to think twice.. Not like most of us have this bond that has formed from years of enjoying their gnr work and seeing them live.. Maybe some have grown to like them by watching the same bootlegs six thousand times over and over..

As far as the real world knows there is no Nu Gnr ,there's really No Gnr, so getting any old member back is a definite plus;.. I am not goign searching for robin's NIN work when I hate NIN's, not going to follow primus to hear brain, not going to go get replacement cd's to hear a bass player.. I should be able to know these guys by playing with axl in the present, not fishing for shows from 2000-2002.. Great to hear axl, but anyone else is out the door in a flash for the real gnr..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2005, 02:39:56 PM »

Mike,
As far as I know, No band makes magnificent albums more than several unless at some point it manages to change the musical direction revolutionarily. With the new direction all the members should be of one accord. Apparently the old GN?R members weren't.

how is discussing replacing a present member insulting? The guys we're talking about are ORIGINAL members, the guys who recorded one of the best debuts of all time, if anything is insulting its calling any of the new guys GNR
Yes, it is.

Then your idols abandoned the band and are in anther band now. It was before '97 and now is 2005, mind you.
You close your eyes to this fact callously and open your bad mouth against the hearties who dared hop on the ship to prop up the captain in the dumps. Maybe they felt his goals and wanted to share in them with him.
A Friend in need is a friend indeed.

for me....Nu..... real.....

Call the band whatever you like but it doesn't change the fact that the current band is the only GN'R existing.
This is the real GN'R in 2005.
The Real fan is who at any rate, gives support to the band, no matter what other band or musicians outside the band he/she likes or dislikes. You're the fake fan if you don't.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 02:41:48 PM by ppbebe » Logged
madagas
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2005, 02:51:37 PM »

PPBEBE is quite a sassy lassy today-full of vinegar. hihi These discussions should all be banned or moved to dead horse. Of course, then the gnr board would have no active topics.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2005, 02:58:21 PM »

PPBEBE is quite a sassy lassy today-full of vinegar. hihi These discussions should all be banned or moved to dead horse.
Yay, viva pickles! I already said that at page one. hihi
mike_giuliana
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2005, 03:05:13 PM »

Call the band whatever you like but it doesn't change the fact that the current band is the only GN'R existing.
The Real fan is who at any rate, gives support to the band, no matter what other band or musicians outside the band he/she likes or dislikes. You're the fake fan if you don't.

Fake fan that's a good one.. Right now gnr doesn't exist ,even the fake one you love isn't around, hasn't been in over two years..
SO the real fan is someone who just supports axl and basically says fuck anyone else.. The group broke up this is just some novelty act.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2005, 03:06:50 PM »

Hey ppbebe how ya doing? I like your post here, I couldnt have written what ya put any better! Things are very quite at the moment in the guns world unfortunately and there are way to many moaning fuckers making stupid comments so its nice to see comments like this that are sensible! Heres to a big 2005 for Guns n Roses!!!

mike_giuliana
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2005, 03:11:43 PM »

Hey ppbebe how ya doing? I like your post here, I couldnt have written what ya put any better! Things are very quite at the moment in the guns world unfortunately and there are way to many moaning fuckers making stupid comments so its nice to see comments like this that are sensible! Heres to a big 2005 for Guns n Roses!!!

axl has been saying cd is coming out since 1999, it's 2005, who's acting reasonable. Us nut jobs that stayed loyal to the real band not some pick n choose gnr.. Maybe when someone else leaves we can join beer It will only be gnr if the band ever reunites..
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2005, 03:16:42 PM »

Fake fan that's a good one.. Right now gnr doesn't exist ,even the fake one you love isn't around, hasn't been in over two years..
SO the real fan is someone who just supports axl and basically says fuck anyone else.. The group broke up this is just some novelty act.

This is where the problems begin with some so called fans like you Mike! I loved the original band as much as the next person, but shit happened and they broke up. The band have now evolved and its a new guns as we know that that I am looking forward to hearing new material from. Why cant you move on and enjoy what is about to happen instead of making stupid fucking comments liek the above one! Are you the same Mike Giuliana who had like 1500 posts on here once and now have reapeared with just a few? If you are its a shame cos you used to post some pretty mature and sensible threads, but now this!! Why?

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2005, 03:24:37 PM »

enjoy what is about to happen??
What is about to happen?
The new line up hasn't shown signs of life since a failed tour in 2002. how can anyone hold the new lineup in such high regard without having to prove themselves??
mike_giuliana
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2005, 03:30:31 PM »

This is where the problems begin with some so called fans like you Mike! I loved the original band as much as the next person, but shit happened and they broke up. The band have now evolved and its a new guns as we know that that I am looking forward to hearing new material from. Why cant you move on and enjoy what is about to happen instead of making stupid fucking comments liek the above one! Are you the same Mike Giuliana who had like 1500 posts on here once and now have reapeared with just a few? If you are its a shame cos you used to post some pretty mature and sensible threads, but now this!! Why?

Of course it;s the same person.. What is so rediculous about not feeling this is gnr ,adn that the name should have been shelved till the actuall band gnr formed.. Also who ever said I am not looking forward to hearing the album?  But some of you just act like it's definetly going to happen.

The title was if one of the ex members wanted to come back so this deals with the past.. What gnr fan wouldn't want the actual band over some replacement players.. 

Maybe because time has passed you will just accept anything as long as it's called gnr.. Whatever axl calls gnr you will do the same..

New band, new sound(?), so how about a new name to go along with it..

Just because some people convince themselves anything with axl is gnr doesn't mean everyone feels the same or lives in the past.. It's about there is only one gnr.. Now that doesn't mean I Don't support axl, it just means I don't agree with the name and the ideas I have to just like whatever guys he threw in there..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2005, 03:31:40 PM »

how can anyone hold the new lineup in such high regard

THE MUSIC ok

Yo! estranged33
good shout, mate (as usual)!!! Cheesy
mike_giuliana
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2005, 03:33:07 PM »

how can anyone hold the new lineup in such high regard

THE MUSIC ok

Yo! estranged33
good shout, mate (as usual)!!! Cheesy

Yeah they did some great slash duff izzy covers on the instruments..
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2005, 03:36:45 PM »

enjoy what is about to happen??
What is about to happen?
The new line up hasn't shown signs of life since a failed tour in 2002. how can anyone hold the new lineup in such high regard without having to prove themselves??

Enjoy Chinese Democracy coming out this years thats what! I hold the line up in such high regard because I am positive! I like the few new songs I have heard so far and I believe in the new line up and I have always believed in Axl and what he does! Thats all really!!! Its gotta be better than being negative and moaning about the band all the time, cos I wont be the one crawling back with my dick in my hands when the album comes out having to be positive all of a sudden after moaning fro so long! I dont me you personally Coma I just mean Negative fans in general!

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2005, 03:39:19 PM »

Huh have no idea. What song precisely?
mike_giuliana
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2005, 03:47:10 PM »

Huh have no idea. What song precisely?
I was joking saying the great music was just covers done by the new band of stuff the old guys already did.. I know you mean the new music I was joking.. It just hasn't blown me away yet, and the songs they did in 2001-2002 isn't still on my mind.. SOme songs you hear you just say that's cool but years later you aren't still listening ot them.. Basically me with any of the new boots and oh my god since 1999,,
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2005, 12:55:39 AM »

It may not have been asked explicitly, but when Axl says things like getting back with the old members would be akin to being sentenced to jail for life (I'm paraphrasing), I think his intentions and feelings on this issue are absolutely clear.

That was some years ago.

Hopefully, things may have changed since then...  yes

GNR forever !!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2005, 02:10:39 AM »

It may not have been asked explicitly, but when Axl says things like getting back with the old members would be akin to being sentenced to jail for life (I'm paraphrasing), I think his intentions and feelings on this issue are absolutely clear.

That was some years ago.

Hopefully, things may have changed since then...? yes

Lets not forget that he badmouthed Izzy on several occasions on the UYI world tour, and then invited him back (albeit temporarily) when Gilby broke his wrist.

I would like to think that Axl is capable of forgiving and forgetting, it is not healthy to hold grudges and I would hope that is something Axl has learned from experience.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: