Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:36:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If one of the ex-members wanted to come back to the GN'R?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If one of the ex-members wanted to come back to the GN'R?  (Read 17858 times)
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« on: May 06, 2005, 12:50:30 PM »

We all know that Slash, Duff, Izzy quit the band and Steven was fired because of the Everly case and drug issues.

But situation is this. What if some one of these original guys would want to come back to the GN'R camp. Let's play, like if VR would brake down (because of Scott and his problems..you know what I'm meaning) and Slash and Duff were thinking that the chemistry between the old guys is/was so good, so why to waste it, music is what counts, right?..so let's get a contact to the red hair and figure out if he's got his shit together and willing to negotiate..you know, more age you get, more softer you get and I think this goes with Axl as well. What are the chances this to happen if VR would brake down?

We all know that Steven is out, no speculations there. But most important thing is where does Izzy stay here? You know, that GN'R was as much Izzy's project and dream as it was Axl's. The thing is that Izzy couldn't handle the pressures. But that doesn't mean that he didn't love the GN'R band and being in that band, it was his dream to come true when he left Indiana as it was Axl's when he followed Izzy to LA.

Okay, we know that VR is going very strong and they have showed to every one how much they have heart in that project and how strong band they are but how is it going to be with Izzy?? Does Izzy still do a motor bike travels to the hills as he did in the early 90's and was it 2000? Has he done it again? Is he talking with Axl? Does he want to get back to the band now that Buckethead is out? Does he want to make songs with Axl? Izzy and Axl goes long way back in the future and I think Axl has always a soft spot for Izzy. Isn't it Izzy who has talked with Axl since the band broke down..

You remember that Axl has always said that they choose to walk away but what if a one or another would walk back and say that he wants to come back to his real band would Axl let him come back?

Feel free to share point of views and remember that these are only speculations. My personal point of view is that anything can happen if people are able to talk things through. Slash and Duff are different case but Izzy is really the question mark. It really could happen, could it?  confused  Smiley? ?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 12:55:09 PM by John Daniels » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 01:20:25 PM »

I would love to see one of the former members come back into the fold.
I think that if Axl could dial down the ego and Izzy decided that he wanted to take a crack at writing with Axl, then you would probably see Slash and Duff start to head back.

I know this thread will just fire up the old vs. new debate, but I can't think of anything better than getting the core of Guns N' Roses back together. If CD has to wait longer, or even get scrapped and the old band starts a new album from scratch I'll wait. To me that is the ultimate dream...... I was just hoping for CD to hold me over until the reunion anyway.
5thofwhiskey
Rocker

Estranged............The Guns n' Roses Story

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »

I say bring em all back

Izzy
Slash
Duff
Steven

Ya ya blah blah "watch old DVD's if you want the old band back" blah blah.............

Has this new band put out anything?

I will go with the old lineup until they can release something and show me what they got. Sure the new lineup has promise and they showed us they can play live. But can they create new material? Axl has done nothing to make himself the lovable one. No one knows the rest of the band. What the hell do you people think is going to sell this CD? The name Guns N' Roses is about it. Even if the material is good it could get buried by radio and the dislike for Axl. That is reality.

Greatest Hits sold because of the name and the old music. period.

The 2002 tour started out good because of the name until most found out that it was only Axl.

I am confident Axl can deliver by himself. My worry is that most won't care and even if it is good they will say it sucks just to do so.

One thing is for sure given the success of the Motley tour.  Guns N' Roses original lineup would be even bigger.

Take this as a honest answer. Nobody is a bigger fan of Axl than me.

We can not lie to ourselves. The original lineup might be why we wait.

AXL NEED HIS "GOOD COPS".....................the new guys can and will never work as that.

by the way let's start with Izzy first

-5th
madagas
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 01:24:17 PM »

Izzy.....Izzy and Tommy are cut right out of the same cloth.  peace
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 01:27:24 PM »

5th I completlt agree with everything except the 2002 tour comment...... The tour started like shit. The three best selling shows were 2 of the last three (Boston and New York) and the Philly show that didn't happen.

But over all I agree.
John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 01:30:03 PM »

I would love to see one of the former members come back into the fold.
I think that if Axl could dial down the ego and Izzy decided that he wanted to take a crack at writing with Axl, then you would probably see Slash and Duff start to head back.

good theory

I know this thread will just fire up the old vs. new debate

please remember that this isn't the topic of this thread
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 01:36:30 PM »

[

I know what your intention is, but it will fire up that debate........ very soon someone will post the obligitory "F' the old band I want CD, the new band is more talented anyway"
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 01:39:31 PM »

We all know that Steven is out, no speculations there.

This is probably true, although he is the only ex-member that says he still has love for Axl Undecided

Axl would probably view the ex-members coming back as a step backwards. How would getting some or all of them back justify what he's been attempting to do for the past ten years? It would , for all intents and purposes, be seen as a failure, that he could'nt do it alone (er, sorry, with the help of his current band).

I don't think he'd be willing to admit he has failed.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 01:41:56 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 01:52:15 PM »

I want Izzy Back!!!

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 02:07:06 PM »

I don't think he'd be willing to admit he has failed.

this is only a game but I think this is old Axl. If Izzy would come and say the certain things everything could happen. And Axl is Axl but do you think that he is going to be the same in his 50's as he was in his 30's. You get softer and you learn and relize things and see them in a new way. These things will happen but does it have any effect? that is yet to see.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 02:17:43 PM »

[

I know what your intention is, but it will fire up that debate........ very soon someone will post the obligitory "F' the old band I want CD, the new band is more talented anyway"

I won't say that yet but I hope this thread moved to the deadhorse.
nick
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 02:21:54 PM »

It would be awesome seeing the old GNR back together but it will NEVER happen. ?Period.

Axl admitting that he couldn't move forward without the backbone of GNR... not gonna happen.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005, 03:09:28 PM »

Izzy will never never never come back to GNR without Slash and Duff at the least.

When VR initially formed you had Izzy, Slash, DUff and Matt writing what each referred to as the "best instrumental GNR record to date."

Why in God's blue hell would anyone think Izzy would abandon his other friends which he has kept up great relations with to come back to Axl on his own?

Only a retard would even consider that possibility.

It should say something that the 4 of them are still all friends and occassionally play together and have written together, and that one former member has no desire to be involved. I find it curious that out of the 5 members, that 4 get along and 1 hates all of them, yet the 4 others are always considered to be the problem. Something just doesn't seem write about that equation. Huh
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 03:26:54 PM »

Hey, it`s another reunion thread!

I maybe could see Izzy, or even Gilby possibly ( since GNR is short a guitarist ), but to bring back Duff, for example, Tommy would have to be booted and he is the most important member of the new band. I think the bad feelings run too deep for Slash or even Duff to possibly think about coming back. Also creatively they are no longer on the same page as Axl. And I don`t think VR are calling it quits anytime soon.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 03:53:40 PM »

What are the chances this to happen if VR would brake down?

IMO, they are exactly 0.0000%. Axl will never ever do that. I find it amazing that some people still hang on to this hope after all those years.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 04:03:49 PM »

No way...it just wouldnt feel right...if one came in then i'd want the rest back in. Keep it the way it is and see what happens.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2005, 04:13:52 PM »

What are the chances this to happen if VR would brake down?

IMO, they are exactly 0.0000%. Axl will never ever do that. I find it amazing that some people still hang on to this hope after all those years.

I understand your point but how can anyone stop hanging to that super dream when:

1) New Band hasnt released anything yet so you cant really compare it and realize "ok this new band rocks I can handle not having Slash,Izzy and Duff back"

2) How can you not want the originals back when they created the music we all love and the reason we are GNR Fans in the first place.

3)GNR was always a band effort, not like other bands where there is like 1 or maybe 2 creative forces... GNR was an equal creative force that made it so cool. So you became esceptical as to how good only 1 member will fair carrying the GNR banner alone.

Its just my opinion I really cant see why people not want the old guys back, my GNR cd collection has Slash and Duff name on all of them and Izzy on all the original material.  peace
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2005, 04:38:33 PM »

I understand your point but how can anyone stop hanging to that super dream when:

1) New Band hasnt released anything yet so you cant really compare it and realize "ok this new band rocks I can handle not having Slash,Izzy and Duff back"

2) How can you not want the originals back when they created the music we all love and the reason we are GNR Fans in the first place.

3)GNR was always a band effort, not like other bands where there is like 1 or maybe 2 creative forces... GNR was an equal creative force that made it so cool. So you became esceptical as to how good only 1 member will fair carrying the GNR banner alone.

Its just my opinion I really cant see why people not want the old guys back, my GNR cd collection has Slash and Duff name on all of them and Izzy on all the original material.  peace

I see what you mean, but as far as I'm concerned I prefer to live in the present. Realistically, this is never gonna happen however strongly you wish it would, so no need to think about it all the time. You're only in for more disappointment.
Besides, I've already stated that I think reunions are lame, so the current situation doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I'd rather have no GN'R than a reunited GN'R (let the flaming begin !)

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
John Daniels
VIP

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 05:07:37 PM »

[

I won't say that yet but I hope this thread moved to the deadhorse.

read the thread again and say if this thread is really a dead horse. I'm not talking here old vs. new or anything that..I'm talking about chances, the change of seasons etc. Izzy having still some kind of friendship  with Axl, Axl phoning to Izzy back in late 90's to compose some songs with him etc. and so on. Don't judge. this is a game, perhaps it doesn't happen, who cares. just a harmless point of views.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 05:30:53 PM »

John Daniels
the topic may not but the replies are likely to kill a poor horse.

Basically I think wishing replacing a present member is quite insulting.
It's not like discussing their skill or performance or just showing your preference for the old members.

I'm talking about chances
Then slim to nun. Tongue

Besides, I've already stated that I think reunions are lame, so the current situation doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I'd rather have no GN'R than a reunited GN'R (let the flaming begin !)

My sentiments exactly. Pandora
I love the new band, the new songs and the new chemistry. It's unpredictable yet seems limitless.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 05:35:18 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: