Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:19:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR and Time Travel
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR and Time Travel  (Read 2648 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: May 05, 2005, 05:44:41 PM »

If you could go back in time and relive only one year, and it had to be a year with a GNR release, which year would you pick? AFD in 1987, Lies in 1988, UYI in 1991, or Spaghetti in 1993?        I think I would pick 1987. I was 12 years old and in 7th grade. I became a hardcore fan immediately. The first time I heard Welcome to the Jungle I went to the mall and bought AFD. I was also the first kid at my junior high school to wear GNR shirts to school. The other kids couldn't believe my parents would buy me GNR stuff. That was one of the great things about my parents. They didn't try to censor my young musical tastes.

Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 06:01:03 PM »

That is quite a tough question I'd like go to 86 when GN'R were just starting to see how this band truely evolved!

EEEERRRR Little boy
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 06:03:49 PM »

Clearly any GNR fan with access to time travel would choose to use it to go into the future, for that appears to be the only way anyone will ever hear Chinese Democracy.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 06:38:25 PM »

Clearly any GNR fan with access to time travel would choose to use it to go into the future, for that appears to be the only way anyone will ever hear Chinese Democracy.

Good point, I was gonna say the 91, because u had Use Ur Illusion coming out, but fuck man u got me beat  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 12:32:32 PM »

If I had to choose the year of a release date, I would definatly take my delorian back to 1987. Although, If I could chose a random year, I would probably try for 1986 and catch alot of the LA Area club shows.

Elrothiel
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 12:46:42 PM »

First, I'd go forward into the future to get a super fast cloning device, then I'd go back to the 80s, clone Axl, and take the real Axl back to this time to meet himself. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that 80s!Axl would slap 2005!Axl and tell him he's being fickle, and to release ChiDem. Then, I'd take 80s!Axl to the future when ChiDem is released so he can listen to it. Then take him back to the 80s, where he can say to the guys "Look, if I ever say anything to hurt you guys or go insane in a few years, don't leave the band, OK? EVEN if I fire you."
Then, I make another clone and I take Real!Axl back to 2005 so he can teach me to sing properly, and kill all the stupid Lostprophets-like bands and make 2005 KICK ASS!
Oh, and I'd go way forward in time to when they have a cure for cancer and AIDS and take it back to 1994 and save Bill Hicks so that he can become the greatest comedian of all time.... and I'd do all these random little adventures with Axl as my sidekick.

A little crazy, but isn't that the most sensible thing to do if you've got a time machine!!!!???

Oh, and in one of these adventures I'd take Axl to meet 2005!Slash and get him to say "Dude, what happened to the SOLOS!!!??? THE SOLOS!!! WHERE ARE THEY!!!??? If ya wanna make VR rock, fire Weiland, and Kushner, have TWO drummers - have Steven play, put loads more solos in, make Izzy your rhythm guitarist, and ME your lead singer!"

That'll be great... man, my imagination is running overtime... all part and parcel of being an art student methinks... Cheesy
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 03:32:03 PM »

I`d go back to `92 to catch GNR when they were at the top of their game.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
wadey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 03:40:29 PM »

straight back to 86'........to the troubadour etc etc....the future will get here eventually but the past is gone forever  ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 03:42:46 PM »

i'd go and see them at the roxy in '86. Mainly AFD with one or two covers and a couple of ruff Illusions songs.

Rough, raw and nasty, just the way it should be.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 08:19:20 PM »

If I could go back in time, Id go to  1993 when I was living in Argentina...  gnr PLAYED there and many commited suicide so i love that time... I was 8 i wish i was 19 then... anyway they  rocked the  house...
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 08:57:23 PM »

Definitly back to see the 3 nights they played at the Marquee in London as the first shows outside of the US.

Scree

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 10:27:21 PM »

i was born in 89, so i never was around for all those great times.  no

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
AxlRocks
Headliner

I WILL MEET AXL!!!

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005, 11:26:05 PM »

1. I think I would go back to about 83 with a high quality camera and record all the Rapid Fire concerts.
2. Then I would hang out with, stalk the band members watch them break up.
3. Then I would follow Axl around untill he started HR with Izzy.
4. Then I'd film all the concerts, and record all the stuff they played in the studio. Hollywood Girls, Rockin' Rose, all that stuff they we don't have yet.
5. Then film EVERY GN'R concert and record every demo.
6. I would release every thing I recorded to the GN'R community.
7. Then I'd get some kind of technology to make me invisible so I could follow Axl around his house (NO BATHROOM! *Pukes* Girls are probabaly like, drool hihi) and make sure he was recording CD.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2005, 01:00:15 AM »

Uncle Rico showed this isn't possible  hihi

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Dust N Rose
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2005, 07:48:39 AM »

Probably 1992. I was in first grade then. There were many cool things during that period (not only gn'r dominance) to do or to see. Surprisingly, many things I discover these days seem they were at their zenith during 87-93 period.
I will write a topic about that someday.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2005, 12:04:13 PM »

1. I think I would go back to about 83 with a high quality camera and record all the Rapid Fire concerts.
4. Then I'd film all the concerts, and record all the stuff they played in the studio. Hollywood Girls, Rockin' Rose, all that stuff they we don't have yet.
7. Then I'd get some kind of technology to make me invisible so I could follow Axl around his house (NO BATHROOM! *Pukes* Girls are probabaly like, drool hihi) and make sure he was recording CD.

From the footage you could create the GNR version of Some kind of Monster  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2005, 05:41:28 PM »

I would go to 86 to watch the roxy show and then travel to Wembley to watch Queen then I killed myself  beer

No man can be my equal
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2005, 01:58:52 PM »

I saw them in '88 and 4 times in the 90's and the '88 show was raw and awesome!  ok

I would like to have seen them in clubs in '86 and '87 - I always wished that I had heard about them sooner.

Why don't you just....
AxlRocks
Headliner

I WILL MEET AXL!!!

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2005, 03:19:06 PM »

From the footage you could create the GNR version of Some kind of Monster? hihi

Yeah, or a documentry called Life of Axl Rose! Hell, I could back to 62' and start filming everything he ever did! hihi
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2005, 04:06:20 PM »

I would travel back to December 5, 2002 during the last few minutes of Paradise City just to stand in awe at the return of Axl and GnR. Then i would sneak backstage and have a heart to heart with the bandmembers first, save the redhead for last. Id say Robin, Richard, Brain, Tommy, and Chris, I have seen and lived the future and trust me it isnt good. Tomorrow night your tour that you have worked so hard on and had a blast on will be no more. I know it is impossible to reverse the future so I just want u to know that even in May of 2005 Chinese D is not out, but despite that all you guys fucking rock and will always have a great fanbase who value both you and your contributions to Cd, that is why I ask you stay loyal to Axl through thick and thin. Id then go down the hall to the chicken coop and have a friendly chat with Buckethead. Id say dude, following year your gunna walk out on GnR and the aftermath aint guna be pretty. I know you love to tour and work constantly bud but please stick it out because Axl will accomodate your solo ventures, and just because theres no one on your calibur to replace you when you walk. To the redheads room I go..."Axl, I just wanted you to know I enjoyed your "soon" premonition at the Vmas because I have seen and lived the future and know that halfway through '05 we'll still be awaiting you. Just know that Ive loved and treasured all your music and will stay devoted to you and Guns N' Roses because you know where you are? your in the Time Travel baby!! your gunna die!! Grin

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: