Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 07:30:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Music styles we want in CD
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Music styles we want in CD  (Read 4559 times)
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2005, 11:07:32 AM »

I hope it kicks everyone in the balls.  You can tell that those wanting a Classic Appetite style GN'R album are probably in for a shock and may aswell find another band to listen too. 

Because this is a new line up and they have everything to prove.  I hope it takes us on some of the journey Axl has been on -  In the sense that it does touch on the various styles he must have toyed with since UYI's.  I personally have chosen not to listen to IRS so i don't know how that sounds. But i love most of the songs we have heard live so far - except for Silkworms the rest are great imo.
It has alot to live up too though.  I think if you have a good wide taste in music, then i think we are in for a hell of a ride. 

But sadly it remains all speculation,  2002 was the year he should have got something out. The excitment was there.  Any news that comes now is taken with a huge amount of salt and doubt.  And year after year nothing happens. But i really hope we hear it soon.   

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2005, 08:51:37 PM »

Honestly Guys, I would love Latin sounds to be in the New album... they sound fuckin amazing to me... or even something like Locomotive...  a song that you can dance with

LATIN RYTHMNS
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2005, 10:47:24 AM »

Just the Gn'R style rock and Piano stuff please Lips Sealed
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2005, 02:10:47 PM »

My gut feeling is that Chinese Democracy will eventually get out there, do ok sales wise, maybe have a moderately successful single, and then become a bit of a cult classic.

I really think we will be getting somewhat of a "cult classic." Which I think would rock.  However, if it isn't massively successful, you can expect Axl to chill at his mansion for another decade.      crying

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2005, 06:53:03 PM »

AGAIN, I want LATIN MUSIC Smiley  beer  peace  love  Grin Cool Undecided Tongue
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2005, 08:18:40 AM »

I just want Guns n fukin Roses thank u very much.

What's so civil about war anyway?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2005, 08:56:51 AM »

Honestly Guys, I would love Latin sounds to be in the New album... they sound fuckin amazing to me... or even something like Locomotive...  a song that you can dance with

LATIN RYTHMNS
the RIR version of Oh My God has wicked rhythm.

Also IRS has a touch of soul music/jazz.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2005, 07:03:03 PM »

LATIN RHYTHMNS....  peace
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2005, 07:06:32 PM »

LATIN RHYTHMNS....  peace
Such as?

Tango? Macarena? Undecided
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2005, 07:18:11 PM »

I'm looking forward to something acoustic. Even if its just Axl playing the guitar and singing.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2005, 09:23:20 PM »

IF u mix AFD with UYI's mixed with classic Zepplin/Pink Floyd with the NIN's type textures with Axl's vocals and lyrics that would be the greatest record ever made

after hearing NIN's With Teeth

If the music is anything like that with Axl singing, it will be one of the most beautiful,amazing records ever to come out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2005, 05:03:11 PM »

i just want to hear gnr. that means a rock mix of a lot of different styles.
i think axl is doing right soundwise. the new songs are just amazing and i hope they`ll put the new kohd version (las vegas 2001) as a b-side on a single, because i think it`s really the best version of that song out there.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2005, 05:11:47 PM »

put these groups in a blender.

Rose tattoo

Killing joke

Primal scream

radiohead.

release 4 albums with each one having one of these bands as a dominant influence....Voila,

IMO AFD had a similar mix...this is just a mix that would work nowadays. In addition these are also probably the best live acts Ive ever seen, GNR excepted.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Dust N Rose
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2005, 05:47:39 PM »

Everything that we've heard is a good foretaste for the album.
Except Rhiad and Beduins. Awful song in my opinion. I can stand Silkworms better than this one.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2005, 06:59:02 PM »

It would be great if it was some kick ass rock beer

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2005, 07:02:24 PM »

brilliant and incisive reply.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
jgfnsr
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2005, 07:28:02 PM »

I am going to venture a guess that we are going to get a very layered and album, the kind of album that goes great with a nice pair of headphones. It's going to sound like GnR, but with many, many more layers and colors and bits weaved in and out. Simple yet complex. Where previously we would have had an army of Slash overdubs we are probably going to hear other instruments (keyboards, maybe some other odd stringed instruments, samples, subtle loops, strings), which will take the guitar-oriented GnR sound and tilt it a bit. The guitars will probably be in the forefront (some of the people who have worked on the album have said it will be more rock than people think), but with all these added spices to make you say 'its GnR....buts its different'. It will be an archeology dig of an album, you will have a lot of digging and a lot of layers to take in. This is purely my speculation of course, but I say this based on what I already know of Rose's writing (Estranged, November Rain, Breakdown, all of which were more complex and layered than the typical Slah riff-rocker).

As for it's success....I just don't see it on the charts. It's going to go over a lot of people's heads when and if it finally gets out there (people that can't let go of the old band not giving it a chance, and the fact that the majority of the record buying public just doesn't have a sophisticated enough ear to really appreciate anything that takes time to get). My gut feeling is that Chinese Democracy will eventually get out there, do ok sales wise, maybe have a moderately successful single, and then become a bit of a cult classic. And years later people will come around and go 'you know what? this is a really great album that never got the props it deserved....'. It will be the equivalent of Led Zeppelin's 'Presence', which sold horribly at the time but in hindsight is recognized as one of their best albums.

Of course, I could be wrong about the whole thing.? hihi

Nah, I think you're right on the money.  ok
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2005, 07:55:04 PM »

brilliant and incisive reply.

You want me to say it should sound like AFD or old GNR or it should sound more industrial and he should add more sampling to his music.  I answered the question what I would like to hear on CD. 

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2005, 08:52:45 PM »

Everything that we've heard is a good foretaste for the album.
Except Rhiad and Beduins. Awful song in my opinion. I can stand Silkworms better than this one.
I like Rhiad. I've only heard one poor recording of it (from vegas, I think?) but I thought it had a ton of potential. Silkworms, on the other hand, sounds to me like The Prodigy on a really bad day. I can't get into that one at all.
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2005, 08:44:49 AM »

i 'd love CD to sound like "AFD on steroids"(i believe josh freese said that). songs like the blues are ok but i think it has been a really long time since we had our asses kicked properly

just my 0.02

homo homini lupus...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: