Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:11:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Music styles we want in CD
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Music styles we want in CD  (Read 4561 times)
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: May 05, 2005, 02:11:50 PM »

I just listened Led Zeppelin Physical Graffity and With Teeth of NIN and i thought what happen if PG album sounds like NIN. If Axl mixes this styles in new album the result will be one really heavy kick in the balls of critics. Honestly i don`t want new album in old style - yes it`s sounds hot today but i think we need new inspiration - inspiration for the new bands in next 10 years.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 02:30:36 PM »

Nobody has mastered the polka-metal yet.  I think that Axl is working on his accordian skills and some yodeling too.

At this point of the game, I am beginning to think that Axl has recorded the ultimate "altenative rock" album........silence, the lack of music, music's true alternative!!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 02:34:31 PM »

Classical

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 02:34:36 PM »

Trip Hop.

DJ Shadow is one of my favorite artists. His song Fixed Income sounds so much like New Gnr its not even funny.

You know what, I want it to be so far out..dance beats, piano, strings, drum loops, distorted guitar, synths, gimme the works.

He can only write "Nightrain" esque songs with Slash. If you dont have Slash, dont make a Slash record. I want it to be challenging, raise questions, push the music envelope, epic, huge, massive..difficult, no compromising.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 02:39:21 PM »

I want CD it to sound LIKE i.r.s, maddy, blues and Chrinese democracy.
I cant wait to hear Axls raspy voice again!!!  peace
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 02:44:38 PM »

I would like it to sound like it might justify the amount of time that went into it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 02:50:34 PM »

If Axl mixes this styles in new album the result will be one really heavy kick in the balls of critics.
That's exactly how OMG and IRS sound like to me and I love both.

I wouldn't say NIN.  lets go back to the root now. NIN didn't invent the sound from zero.

I just fed up with a serious of NIN obsessed talks.

Thanks god you started this thread. ok
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 03:58:26 PM »

I'm hoping for something like Oh My God, Madagascar, and Rhiad to the nth degree - Those songs are vastly different from eachother and a totally beyond anything the old GNR would ever attempt - Essentially, as was stated above, and album that gives the critics a kick in the balls and provide an interesting mix of styles.

No more weak-ass halfhearted rockers like "Back Off Bitch" or overlong repetitive wank-fests like "Locomotive" - I want an album with really unique tunes and Axl's classic vocals (with new tricks he's got, of course) to reign it all in.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 04:36:58 PM »

I am just hoping for the best album  possible from GN'R!

EEEERRRR Little boy
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 05:25:08 PM »

I'm hoping theres lot of songs in the grinding hard rock vein of the title track , Chinese Democracy. I really like that song alot. And also , it has heavy guitars but theres some trippy keyboard/organ parts mixed in there.  ok

Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 06:16:08 PM »

Whatever he comes out with, Im positive it will set the standard for not js rock but music in general, I mean thats why Im so happy about Velvet Revolver, cause theres no more hard rock bands, ppl are either fixated on faggy emo punk where 30 yr old men sing like pre-pubescent boys, or black magic metal where morons who cant sing and have nothing to say vent there frustrations of falling off their skateboards when they were 12 in a record thats a constant barrage of practically vomitting on the mic, heavy ham-fisted drumming (with no sense of rythm),and noisy guitar feedback, Its crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean there was a quote in the movie almost famous that Lester Bangs said in the seventies that is still relavent today.

90 percent of the crap that passes for music these days.....SILENCE IS MORE COMPELLING!!!!
 peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 06:22:14 PM »

what happened to pure 100% stadium rock......just like the old days
the new stuff is great but you can't beat good old stadium rock!  ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 06:30:05 PM »

For this album to be a mega success like everyone wants it to be, its gonna have to have one killer pop song,at least. Like 'Vertigo' from U2. It can have rockers, ballads, etc., but to get a wide variey of people to buy it, its gotta have a really mainstream hit. None of the songs we've heard so far fall into that category. If the first single doesn't go Top 10, CD dies a quick death. It will sell millions in its first week no matter what, but if Axl wants CD to have some staying power, its gotta have a 'Vertigo' type song as its first single.

welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 06:32:02 PM »

I mean thats why Im so happy about Velvet Revolver, cause theres no more hard rock bands,

While I agree with the majority of your statements. I cant stand Velvet Revolver because there isnt anything exciting about them, basic slash riffs, mediocre vocals, they didnt risk anything, the songs are bland, dull, montonous and lack everything that made GNR and STP great bands.

Its cock rock, and cock rock is for 13year old boys. I am hoping to God that Chinese Democracy doesnt sound anything like Contraband..good Lord please dont sound anything like it.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2005, 08:05:05 PM »

all exept heavy-metal/indus/goth of other silly music like that you know...
I just want a Classic-Rock record, a mix between appetite and the illusions with some modern touch.  I'd like to hear harmonica/electro-accoustic/accoustic guitars also.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 08:19:48 PM »

I'm also hoping there is a couple of acoustic tracks on CD.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 08:31:09 PM »

I want CD it to sound LIKE i.r.s, maddy, blues and Chrinese democracy.
I cant wait to hear Axls raspy voice again!!!? peace

I'm all with odd1. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 10:51:55 PM »

I'm hoping for something like Oh My God, Madagascar, and Rhiad to the nth degree - Those songs are vastly different from eachother and a totally beyond anything the old GNR would ever attempt - Essentially, as was stated above, and album that gives the critics a kick in the balls and provide an interesting mix of styles.

No more weak-ass halfhearted rockers like "Back Off Bitch" or overlong repetitive wank-fests like "Locomotive" - I want an album with really unique tunes and Axl's classic vocals (with new tricks he's got, of course) to reign it all in.

Huh Huh Huh
I think most GNR fans would disagree. Back off Bitch (which dates  to the pre-Appetite days) an Locomotive are great songs.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 04:56:40 AM »

i like guns n roses style "classical rnr style"

but classical rnr isn't same in 1970 and 2005.

I have never seen so many tree
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 10:05:14 AM »

I am going to venture a guess that we are going to get a very layered and album, the kind of album that goes great with a nice pair of headphones. It's going to sound like GnR, but with many, many more layers and colors and bits weaved in and out. Simple yet complex. Where previously we would have had an army of Slash overdubs we are probably going to hear other instruments (keyboards, maybe some other odd stringed instruments, samples, subtle loops, strings), which will take the guitar-oriented GnR sound and tilt it a bit. The guitars will probably be in the forefront (some of the people who have worked on the album have said it will be more rock than people think), but with all these added spices to make you say 'its GnR....buts its different'. It will be an archeology dig of an album, you will have a lot of digging and a lot of layers to take in. This is purely my speculation of course, but I say this based on what I already know of Rose's writing (Estranged, November Rain, Breakdown, all of which were more complex and layered than the typical Slah riff-rocker).

As for it's success....I just don't see it on the charts. It's going to go over a lot of people's heads when and if it finally gets out there (people that can't let go of the old band not giving it a chance, and the fact that the majority of the record buying public just doesn't have a sophisticated enough ear to really appreciate anything that takes time to get). My gut feeling is that Chinese Democracy will eventually get out there, do ok sales wise, maybe have a moderately successful single, and then become a bit of a cult classic. And years later people will come around and go 'you know what? this is a really great album that never got the props it deserved....'. It will be the equivalent of Led Zeppelin's 'Presence', which sold horribly at the time but in hindsight is recognized as one of their best albums.

Of course, I could be wrong about the whole thing.  hihi
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: