Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:32:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)  (Read 51503 times)
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2005, 12:13:32 PM »

Why keep trying to understand why Leia still remembers her mother, she remember her step mother not Padme, she was raised by Senator Organa

not according to what was said in return of the jedi and on starwars.com

LUKE: Leia... do you remember your mother? Your real mother?
LEIA: Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.
LUKE: What do you remember?
LEIA: Just...images, really. Feelings.

she remembers Padme, her real mother

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2005, 01:40:01 PM »

She remembers feelings.. Images

Fuck why not?

We see babies as of how we are but maybe she has a certain gift that would allow her to remember feelings and images.

The whole movie requires a suspense of disbelief so I dont see why it can't be done with that as well.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2005, 03:36:04 PM »

Why keep trying to understand why Leia still remembers her mother, she remember her step mother not Padme, she was raised by Senator Organa

Do u even watch the films?

Luke asks if she remembers her real mother and she says yes

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2005, 03:41:19 PM »

She remembers feelings.. Images

Fuck why not?

We see babies as of how we are but maybe she has a certain gift that would allow her to remember feelings and images.

The whole movie requires a suspense of disbelief so I dont see why it can't be done with that as well.

That's a commendable attitude, but sometimes a mistake is a mistake, there is no way she could remember her mother, Lucas just cut corners to fit his new story - what was said in ROTJ proved inconvenient to Lucas so he just skipped over it assuming we were to stupid to notice.

After all in order to incorporate waht was said in Jedi Padame would have had to live for atleast 5-6 years after the birth which just makes problems for the story, Lucas could have resolved it with a little better planning but i suppose when u write three films and make just the one glaring error, that is faily comendable.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »

I dont understand why people are laughing at Vaders scream at the end of the film...he just found out he lost his true love along with his child (or children as it turned out to be) and being burnt to a crisp and betrayed by Obi-Wan...to me it was the dark side completely taking hold of him

Its the acting not the scream itself - a better acted, slightly more subtle scream would have worked fantastically, but the hideously over blown 'NOOOOOOOOO' just brings out sniggers - its just weak voice acting

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2005, 04:15:18 PM »

Do u even watch the films?

Of course I did, but do I keep the whole script in my Head?, fuck no!! Maybe if I buy the movies then I will understand what you are saying so Im going to do that.
Anyway is a movie base on science fiction you expect anything real?? you think that jedi's exist or something? you think that someone, who's not jesus oviously, was born without a father?
Well When I watch the whole 6 movies very closely I will make more post, for now My apollogies for saying what I want  Grin

No man can be my equal
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2005, 04:26:37 PM »

That's a commendable attitude, but sometimes a mistake is a mistake, there is no way she could remember her mother, Lucas just cut corners to fit his new story - what was said in ROTJ proved inconvenient to Lucas so he just skipped over it assuming we were to stupid to notice.

After all in order to incorporate waht was said in Jedi Padame would have had to live for atleast 5-6 years after the birth which just makes problems for the story, Lucas could have resolved it with a little better planning but i suppose when u write three films and make just the one glaring error, that is faily comendable.

maybe youre just tooo hard to please Tongue

where you see a glaring error, i dont see it as an error at all...you assume that in the Star Wars universe the children dont remember anything from childhood, you assume they are human...they arent human...a long time ago in a galaxy far far away remember...nobody has jedi powers on earth as i recall so do you see that as an error too?

when it comes to science fiction you have to suspend your beliefs...you are placing people outwith the normal perimeter of society and putting the characters into places unnatural...science fiction gives you a chance to extend the limits of experience and to look at events and people from a different perspective without normal prejudices...you have made the mistake of prejudging Leia to be human...open your mind and see science fiction for what it is, a new perspective

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2005, 04:37:19 PM »

I dont understand why people are laughing at Vaders scream at the end of the film...he just found out he lost his true love along with his child (or children as it turned out to be) and being burnt to a crisp and betrayed by Obi-Wan...to me it was the dark side completely taking hold of him

Its the acting not the scream itself - a better acted, slightly more subtle scream would have worked fantastically, but the hideously over blown 'NOOOOOOOOO' just brings out sniggers - its just weak voice acting

so thats the extent of your complaint? weak acting...plenty of weak acting (and cheesy dialogue) in all 6 star wars films...thats a part of its appeal imo...but Revenge of the Sith is the best acted film of all Star Wars films...Hayden and Ewan were excellent

(Winston Churchill)"
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2005, 06:48:04 PM »

...a long time ago in a galaxy far far away remember...nobody has jedi powers on earth as i recall so do you see that as an error too?

Now, I'm not one for 'lol' posts....

...And if anybody posts one I'll kick their ass.

But I'm above the law, and that ^ deserved one.? yes

But maybe that's just the geek in me.

Back on the real subject, I still haven't seen it a second time round. Haven't had time. So, what's it been like second viewing? I can only imagine it as being even better...Seriously.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 06:56:52 PM by used illusions [ aapc ] » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2005, 08:03:26 PM »

LUKE: Leia... do you remember your mother? Your real mother?
LEIA: Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.
LUKE: What do you remember?
LEIA: Just...images, really. Feelings.

It seems to me like the "images" and "feelings" could easily just be seeing Padme right after she was born.  Leia doesn't say that she remembers Padme teaching her how to ride a bike or anything.  Considering they are a Jedi family, why is this out of the question?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2005, 01:52:29 AM »

Here are the books that pick up after ROTJ.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2005, 03:04:11 AM »

Those books are well after ROTJ from what I can remember... the first authorized books that continued the series were a trilogy written by Timothy Zahn.  I think they were even bestsellers when they were released.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2005, 06:17:00 AM »

Those books are well after ROTJ from what I can remember... the first authorized books that continued the series were a trilogy written by Timothy Zahn.? I think they were even bestsellers when they were released.

I've read most of them

To say they are awful is the biggest understatement u can make. Avoid them with every fibre of your being.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2005, 06:18:57 AM »

maybe youre just tooo hard to please Tongue

where you see a glaring error, i dont see it as an error at all...you assume that in the Star Wars universe the children dont remember anything from childhood, you assume they are human...they arent human...a long time ago in a galaxy far far away remember...nobody has jedi powers on earth as i recall so do you see that as an error too?

when it comes to science fiction you have to suspend your beliefs...you are placing people outwith the normal perimeter of society and putting the characters into places unnatural...science fiction gives you a chance to extend the limits of experience and to look at events and people from a different perspective without normal prejudices...you have made the mistake of prejudging Leia to be human...open your mind and see science fiction for what it is, a new perspective

By your logic anything can be dismissed in ANY film by claiming 'oh its not real' - i can use that to defend anything in any film and yet clearly there are careless mistakes which undermine the films.

Yes i had worked out its not real - i was criticising it on its own grounds for things it failed to do in the universe it created.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2005, 11:05:29 AM »

Well, not really...

See, you can't do that with films that are supposadly set in our world. You can't make excuses for 'mistakes' in them. Such an example is the neo-realist films of the 40's, as well as any "serious" release you'd care to mention.

Then, you have films set in our world, but not really 'our' world. A version of our world where things are slightly...different. And rules can be bent; on purpose mind, by the director. Such an example is Kill Bill.

Lastly, there are films not set in our world at all. Yet, while there are still rules, these can be bent to no end...bent full circle, in fact. Such an example is Star Wars....

But, even with that asside, the notion that Leia remembers images of her mother from after her birth is not foreign to me at all. It is well documented that some people (claim to) remember being born...Some even being in the womb...Whether you believe them or not, however...

I think, while George altered the story, being that in his head originally Leia had been a lot older when her mother died, he realised that with this change, it still made sense. More of an alteration that fits, than a mistake.

It's not like in ROTJ Leia said was born a boy and then...urm....Ahem. Well. It's not a glaring error, anyway.

But guys, we're starting to sound like fanboys now.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2005, 02:23:09 PM »

...a long time ago in a galaxy far far away remember...nobody has jedi powers on earth as i recall so do you see that as an error too?

Now, I'm not one for 'lol' posts....

...And if anybody posts one I'll kick their ass.

But I'm above the law, and that ^ deserved one.  yes

thanks for laughing...how much do i owe you? ...apart from that female wookie we discussed...

(Winston Churchill)"
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2005, 03:16:47 PM »

Those books are well after ROTJ from what I can remember... the first authorized books that continued the series were a trilogy written by Timothy Zahn.  I think they were even bestsellers when they were released.

I've read most of them

To say they are awful is the biggest understatement u can make. Avoid them with every fibre of your being.
I find it hard to believe you've read all 90 of the Star Wars books!! Roll Eyes

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2005, 03:31:37 PM »

Those books are well after ROTJ from what I can remember... the first authorized books that continued the series were a trilogy written by Timothy Zahn.? I think they were even bestsellers when they were released.

I've read most of them

Retard

I've read most of them - not all of them - hence why i said MOST, not all, i've read scores of them, i own scores of them, all the major ones ive read, some of them several times - half of them where so forgetable i can remember little more than the title and the feeling of dread remembering that gives me

Before the internet i read loads - and sadly rather than read good books i read Star Wars books

They are all dire - except the Dark Empire comics/book, they kick ass and would have made a fantasic parts 7,8,9

They all miss what Star Wars was about - bad acting and mistakes Cheesy - they are also badly written - 10 pages to describe a tree - this is sci-fi not Charles Dickens

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2005, 04:09:05 PM »

I've read most of them

Retard

Screw you!!!

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2005, 04:11:06 PM »

I've read most of them

Retard

Screw you!!!

Well done Cheesy

Next time maybe u'd like to add something or better yet respond to what's been said not what u'd like to read?

Has anyone else read these curious post-Jedi books, what did u think? I'm afraid Death Stars shaped like lightsabres proved too much for me

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: