Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:25:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)  (Read 51494 times)
badapple81
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2005, 04:45:36 AM »

saw ROTS twice, loved it. It's my second favorite in the series, right behind ESB. As for there being things that don't make sence, like when in Ep.5 Obi Wan says "He was our last hope," when he was there when Luck and Lei were born, remember that Lucas kind of made up the storyas he went along. He made the first 3 movies 20-27 years ago...

Actually yeah I tend to agree, as Obi Wan would have known that Luke WASN'T the last hope, because he would have seen Leia in the recording/message she put in R2D2. I can't remember, did he recognise her in the recording?

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2005, 07:07:35 AM »

saw ROTS twice, loved it. It's my second favorite in the series, right behind ESB. As for there being things that don't make sence, like when in Ep.5 Obi Wan says "He was our last hope," when he was there when Luck and Lei were born, remember that Lucas kind of made up the storyas he went along. He made the first 3 movies 20-27 years ago...

Yes, we understand why there are errors. It's still inexcusable, these are major features of the original three and one wonders if he's watched them recently....

Just saw the movie and it was awesome, but there was two things that made me wonder?

In episode 6, before Luke heads out to meet Vader he asks Leia if she remembers her mother and she does but Padm? died right after giving birth so theres no way Leia could remember her.

This has been raised a lot in this thread - and originally by me, stop stealing my ideas rant

Sadly the answer is that she just remembers albeit she was 30 seconds old - i suppose she is a potential jedi....its possible

In episode 5, as Luke is leaving Dagobah the ghost of Obi-Wan go's next to Yoda and says "He is our only hope" or something and Yoda answers "No, there's another" or something so this makes one believe that Obi-Wan didn't know about Leia.

I suppose the only concievable answer is one of 2 possibilities

Obi wan is sexist and doesn't believe in female jedi's.....

or

He just doesn't know/realise Leia has the force, perhaps because her attunement to the force is so limited he couldn't sense her 'prescence' - after all Vader couldn't either from a meter away Smiley
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 07:17:26 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2005, 08:16:21 AM »

In episode 5, as Luke is leaving Dagobah the ghost of Obi-Wan go's next to Yoda and says "He is our only hope" or something and Yoda answers "No, there's another" or something so this makes one believe that Obi-Wan didn't know about Leia.

I suppose the only concievable answer is one of 2 possibilities

Obi wan is sexist and doesn't believe in female jedi's.....

or

He just doesn't know/realise Leia has the force, perhaps because her attunement to the force is so limited he couldn't sense her 'prescence' - after all Vader couldn't either from a meter away Smiley

Also remember this scene was filmed at a time when Lucas was planning on 9 movies, Yoda could have been refering to someone that we wouldnt be seeing until those episodes. Just a thought. This notion that Lucas had all these movies already planned out in 1975 is totally false. I have a book that shows some of the early drafts of episode 4-6 and there was some serious changes made. In one draft Princess Leia was nowhere in the movie at all. In some drafts it was Anakin Starkiller looking for his father. There was no master plan 30 years ago is all I'm saying.

Besides word has it that Lucas might make some serious changes to Episode 4-6 after he does the 3-D treatment to them.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2005, 09:15:12 AM »

Besides word has it that Lucas might make some serious changes to Episode 4-6 after he does the 3-D treatment to them.

I heard about that, the original three are sooo good but they could do with an overhall - the special editions and DVD's haven't gone nearly far enough, they have just fiddled with the edges. I really want that last space battle in ROTJ redone - just looks increddibly dated and limited with whats come later.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2005, 09:25:33 AM »

I dont know if we heard the same thing but from what I am hearing, Lucas is toying with the idea of completely recasting and refilming 4-6. This of course hasnt been confirmed but it comes from someone whos sister works at ILM, so who knows. The 3-D thing was confirmed by Lucas though.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2005, 09:30:14 AM »

I dont know if we heard the same thing but from what I am hearing, Lucas is toying with the idea of completely recasting and refilming 4-6. This of course hasnt been confirmed but it comes from someone whos sister works at ILM, so who knows. The 3-D thing was confirmed by Lucas though.

I heard about the full 3-d thing - and for all 6!

But redoing the original three - no way! That's not going to happen and i will happily place a bet on that. That's absurd from any angle - esp from the point of view of 20th Century Fox who would have to bankroll this - why would they want films they already have, done again? It wouldn't be profitable

Lucas has said he wants to move on from Star Wars (after a series and the 3-d thing) if he wanted to make three Star Wars films even his warped logic would drag him towards ep. 7,8,9

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2005, 10:47:01 AM »

I heard about the full 3-d thing - and for all 6!

But redoing the original three - no way! That's not going to happen and i will happily place a bet on that. That's absurd from any angle - esp from the point of view of 20th Century Fox who would have to bankroll this - why would they want films they already have, done again? It wouldn't be profitable

Lucas has said he wants to move on from Star Wars (after a series and the 3-d thing) if he wanted to make three Star Wars films even his warped logic would drag him towards ep. 7,8,9

I agree it makes no sense but Hollywood is not built on logic. Remakes are very popular nowadays since alot of people cant seem to come up with original ideas anymore.

I'm not sure what role 20th century fox plays in the producing the films anymore, as Lucas finances all of the filming himself.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2005, 11:09:52 AM »

I'm not sure what role 20th century fox plays in the producing the films anymore, as Lucas finances all of the filming himself.

He does?

A remake could not work - the films were a success not because of the sets or effects but because of the characters in these environments - without Harrison Ford's Han Solo and Antony Daneils incredibly gay C-3PO and all the others it wouldn't work, can u see Darth Vader without James Earl Jones's voice being anything more than embarassing?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2005, 01:40:06 PM »

Yeah, he has his own production company, does he not...

On the 'remakes'....Not a chance.

Can you imagine a single part of what Darth does, says or how he acts being changed without being anything more than embarassing? Noooooooooooooo way........................ Embarrassed

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2005, 03:20:04 PM »

Ok, I've seen it twice now.

The last hour and a half is amazing... the only thing that sucks about this movie is when people are talking.

"Its because I'm so in love with you"
"No, its because I'm so in love with you!"

"NOooooooooo!"

Hard to sit through, but towards the end it seems to work.  The lava battle was everything anyone could hope for.  I'm glad they mentioned Qui-Gonn and the "trick to immortality", but there wasn't much of an explanation... has anyone read the novel? maybe there is more on that topic?  The final scene is great with Luke being held in front of the twin suns.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2005, 05:52:28 PM »

http://unitedstatesofno.ytmnd.com/

This been posted before? Not to my knowledge.

Ahh hehehe.

I wonder if that "nooooo" will ever get cool, if I see it enough times....

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2005, 05:53:35 PM »

yea i thought the last scene was brilliant, a bit sad though what with yoda goin in2 exile an all.

i hope to god that they dnt make remakes of the original 3! it would be so stupid anwrong!why ruin sumthin classical?!

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2005, 11:10:57 AM »

Yesterday I saw Phantom menace I have to say That in the 3 original part there's no trace of Qui-Gon Jin Yet he trained Obi Wan, In Episode 5 Obi Wan ask yoda that he was the same when he was traine by him, If Im not mistaken this means that yoda trained Obi-Wan, or am I wrong??  Huh

No man can be my equal
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2005, 08:01:30 PM »

I still don't get what was so wrong with the scream at the end, he turned to the darkside only to save Padme and then he is told he killed her, he isnt all the way dark yet so how else would he react? He Lost everything!

that scream signified his complete change to the dark side. nothing at all gay about it.

Some of you are putting too much reality into this movie.

Is it realistic that Leia could remember her mother having only been born for some seconds before she died?

In real life NO but this is a futuristic fictional movie.

Fuck it, if they can replace all of Anakin's limbs, If they can fly in space and shoot at each other then why the fuck not?

Maybe they can remember stuff at an earlier age in that time period.

It would be the equivolent of saying, "How could they save Anakin's life after having his limbs chopped off and burnt to hell" but "they still haven't figured out how to deliver children without having death at pregnancy"

If you try you can make any fictional movie seem ridiculous, best thing is to not overanalyze and try to make 100 percent sense of everything.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #134 on: May 27, 2005, 08:59:01 PM »

Leia SAYS in Ep.6 when asked what she remembers: "Just feelings really, images" -- I'm not positive what Luke says after this, but is it not possible that when he says "I never knew my mother, I never met her" that he knows what "feelings" and "images" Leia is talking about because he had them to?

As for the "NO"... its not so much that Anakin is upset that Padme is dead.... just that the scream was terrible.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2005, 12:09:37 AM »

So the actual person doing the scream or the fact its in there?

Maybe Leia had a stronger connection, maybe she has some deeper type of power than Luke had, hell I dont know, Im just saying, there are probably a whole lot of things if u really dissected that wouldnt add up but overall considering he had to tie everything in over 25 years later, I think he didnt a great job all things considered.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2005, 06:39:29 AM »

Yesterday I saw Phantom menace I have to say That in the 3 original part there's no trace of Qui-Gon Jin Yet he trained Obi Wan, In Episode 5 Obi Wan ask yoda that he was the same when he was traine by him, If Im not mistaken this means that yoda trained Obi-Wan, or am I wrong??? Huh

Obi wan was trained by Yoda when he was a youngling and by Qui qon when he was a padwan

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2005, 06:40:49 AM »

As for the "NO"... its not so much that Anakin is upset that Padme is dead.... just that the scream was terrible.

Indeed - terrible acting

As for the whole Leia remembering thing - the only exp is that its a careless error and u just got to leave it at that, Lucas fucked up.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2005, 07:06:26 AM »

most of the inconsistencies that exist in the movies can be explained when you realise that there may be more to the story than you know...Leia could have been the weaker of the twins as she was the second born for instance, when it comes to twins, often there is a stronger and a weaker twin...

Leia obviously could not know her mother but she may have been shown images or visuals of her when she was young...therefore she could have known her in this respect

I dont understand why people are laughing at Vaders scream at the end of the film...he just found out he lost his true love along with his child (or children as it turned out to be) and being burnt to a crisp and betrayed by Obi-Wan...to me it was the dark side completely taking hold of him

The film was brilliant, everything I thought it could be...especially the ending...it was a nice touch with Luke's uncle looking into the sky at tatooines setting suns mimicking Luke doing the exact same thing in Episode 4, I identified with that image of Luke and is my favourite scene in all the movies...must be the scotsman in me Smiley

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2005, 09:53:30 AM »

Why keep trying to understand why Leia still remembers her mother, she remember her step mother not Padme, she was raised by Senator Organa

No man can be my equal
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: