Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:24:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)  (Read 51493 times)
usurper
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2005, 03:54:12 PM »

I saw it last night, the theater was packed!!! There was only 3 seats left, the other shows were sold out...

Was a good movie, explained everything you ever guessed about the movie
usurper
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2005, 03:58:15 PM »

Check this out, pretty damn funny:? www.storewars.org

Fucking hell, somebody had to be bored
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2005, 04:14:01 PM »

I saw it last night, the theater was packed!!! There was only 3 seats left, the other shows were sold out...

No it doesn't eg. Leia remembers her mother as being beautifual and sad - impressive for someone 30 seconds old!  + Obi Wan mentions in Empire that Luke was their last hope to which Yoda tells him there is another - but he already knew that being present at the birth nervous It doesn't explain why the Death Star took 20 years to build but the second one took no more than 2 to get 50% done.....

It was a great film but don't fool yourself into thinking it was done perfectly.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2005, 07:43:10 PM »

I'm sorry, but that was def. the best Star Warsmovie of them all.  George Lucas did a fine job and all these litttle so called"mistakes"are small compared to the excellence of the movie.  George- good job  beer
badapple81
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2005, 08:53:30 PM »

One thing which really wasn't resolved, or maybe it was.. is how C-3PO and R2-D2 ended up with Princess Leia at the beginning of Episode 4?

Is it assumed they went with Leia and the guy who said he and his wife would adopt her? I guess it must be.

confused

At the end of the film they are given by Bail Organa to Captain Antillies who is the captain of the ship they are aboard at the end of Ep.3 and at the beginning of Ep.4 - how do i know? -? there is an entire scene about it

Well we didn't all watch it two or three or however many times you saw it, did we smart arse.

Plus, how can I possible multi task between watching, eating AND drinking!? Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 08:56:24 PM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2005, 10:16:38 PM »

Here is how I look at it.

I try to judge movies based on what is on the screen, sure there are some inconsistencies but this movie isnt a true story.

so what she was 30 seconds old, Anakin was born from an immaculate conception so if you try to make the movie realistic, of course there are some holes. I just enjoyed it for what it was.

Skywalker is Anakin's last name correct? Why would they give Luke his evil father's last name? Ive never been sure so correct me if Im wrong.

I dont remember much about the original movies so it kicked major ass for me.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GnRNightrain
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2005, 11:45:33 PM »

Skywalker is Anakin's last name correct? Why would they give Luke his evil father's last name? Ive never been sure so correct me if Im wrong.

Especially since they would most likely be looking for Anakin's children.  Even if they thought they were dead, having the same last name isnt very smart if they want to stay hidden.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2005, 02:15:35 AM »

Especially since they would most likely be looking for Anakin's children. Even if they thought they were dead, having the same last name isnt very smart if they want to stay hidden.
I guess a Galaxy is a small thing right? Roll Eyes

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
badapple81
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2005, 03:57:13 AM »

Well in their terms yes! If you can travel between planets in minutes or hours then that would be the equivalent of us travelling between countries  Tongue
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2005, 04:29:55 AM »

It was good but the ending was gay. I'm sorry but Darth Vaders no at the end was soooooo lame and it ruined the movie totally. Like James Earl Jones must have been like your fucking me Lucas your fucking me! The No at the end was soooooooooooo bad! Soooooooooo bad!

Fuck All Y'all
badapple81
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2005, 05:34:21 AM »

It was good but the ending was gay. I'm sorry but Darth Vaders no at the end was soooooo lame and it ruined the movie totally. Like James Earl Jones must have been like your fucking me Lucas your fucking me! The No at the end was soooooooooooo bad! Soooooooooo bad!

It was a little out of place to see Vadar (Vadar in the mask etc.) do that I agree.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2005, 07:27:13 AM »

One thing which really wasn't resolved, or maybe it was.. is how C-3PO and R2-D2 ended up with Princess Leia at the beginning of Episode 4?

Is it assumed they went with Leia and the guy who said he and his wife would adopt her? I guess it must be.

confused

At the end of the film they are given by Bail Organa to Captain Antillies who is the captain of the ship they are aboard at the end of Ep.3 and at the beginning of Ep.4 - how do i know? -? there is an entire scene about it

Well we didn't all watch it two or three or however many times you saw it, did we smart arse.

I don't think it required multi viewings just to listen to what they said....

Excellent point D - i had never thought of that, but i suppose the exp is that there are millions of skywalkers in the galaxy -   bigger problem is why they would have given Luke to Anakin's half brother who's location Anakin is fully aware of, and they then give Leia to one of Palpatine's oldest political rivals - ur just asking for trouble!

Well in their terms yes! If you can travel between planets in minutes or hours then that would be the equivalent of us travelling between countries

It is some what dubious they can get to the Outer Rim from the capital in a day....

It was most out of character - Lucas does have a strange idea about how his characters would act...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2005, 07:39:08 AM »

Ep. 3 just broke the opening week record by...well some way, its already taken $158.5m in America and beat Spiderman's opening weekend takings, the previous record.

Ep.3 took DOUBLE in its opening weekend than Ep.1 did!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2005, 12:11:02 PM »

No it doesn't eg. Leia remembers her mother as being beautifual and sad - impressive for someone 30 seconds old!? + Obi Wan mentions in Empire that Luke was their last hope to which Yoda tells him there is another - but he already knew that being present at the birth nervous It doesn't explain why the Death Star took 20 years to build but the second one took no more than 2 to get 50% done.....

It was a great film but don't fool yourself into thinking it was done perfectly.

Leia remembers her stepmother, remember when she said that she didn't know luke is her brother.
Obi Wan knows about the twins but he didnt had hope for leia, but Yoda did. Also remember that obi wan told luke that leia is his sister.

Excellent point D - i had never thought of that, but i suppose the exp is that there are millions of skywalkers in the galaxy - bigger problem is why they would have given Luke to Anakin's half brother who's location Anakin is fully aware of, and they then give Leia to one of Palpatine's oldest political rivals - ur just asking for trouble!

Remember that Vader doesnt know that amidala gave birth to the children, thats why at the end of the movie she died and she was burried like she was pregnant  ok

No man can be my equal
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2005, 12:36:42 PM »

D, G Lucas explained hmself and his political views and what he'd put in star wars and why in the Cannes Festival a few days ago.

I'm sorry to say you have insulted people who knew better and just ridiculed yourself ( a little bit only) ...

FUCK IT

I saw it last night and loved it and cried and cried and cried and i don't care about script irrationalities, i had waited too long and you know what ?

30 years of my life have gone by. With star Wars last night. I feel old.

Nothing to say
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2005, 03:19:22 PM »

I didnt know that, but it is still stupid in my opinion to boycott a film for comments that werent that controversial.

Fuck it, Bush really said that, so I dont see the big deal.

I find it messed up that people will try to boycott and ruin anything.

Its not like he called Bush a psychotic dickhead in the movie, and what he said  actually fit the script.

i had no problems with Darth Vader's scream, U gotta remember that he got darker and darker as days went on, he was torn for the last half of the movie, cause he didnt want to turn but yet he thought it was the only way to save padme.

So at the end of the movie he still has feelings for her and loved her, so how would u react if your wife and lover died and u thought u killed her?

of course u would scream and that led to him 100 percent being on the darkside.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2005, 03:37:07 PM »

i had no problems with Darth Vader's scream, U gotta remember that he got darker and darker as days went on, he was torn for the last half of the movie, cause he didnt want to turn but yet he thought it was the only way to save padme.

So at the end of the movie he still has feelings for her and loved her, so how would u react if your wife and lover died and u thought u killed her?

i agree, it seemed out of character, but only because wer used to the really dark,evil vader. he's only jus changd to vader and at that point realises that there is no turnin back because the person that he done all this for is dead an there is now nothin left 4 him

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2005, 03:40:34 PM »

Take this quiz for a laugh:? ?
http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz/starwars_quiz.asp

I am Boba Fett

What I think finally pushed him completely to the dark side was seeing Obi Wan Standing on the platform to Padmes ship on Mustafar. He thinks the women that he just killed all these people in order to save, had betrayed him. Up until that point he wasnt completely gone, remember the scene after he wiped out everything that was moving on Mustafar, he was out on the platform crying over what he had done.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2005, 04:44:05 PM »

I'm Anakin and apparently obsessed with power, i don't know what to say.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2005, 06:01:21 PM »

Just saw it like 5 hours ago.
It was fucking AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked
Anakin was so fine b4 he got all screwed at the end.
Obi One is class. It really is probably the best one, except for the whole " Luke, I am your father...." part in number 5.
Its the bes movie i've seen in a long time. yes
R2D2 and C3PO rule ass.

Yoda rocks.
If u haven't seen it, i strongly recommend u do. Go. Now. What u waiting for? It's Brilliant ok

What's so civil about war anyway?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: