Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:33:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)  (Read 51368 times)
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2005, 05:35:25 PM »

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was looking for a reliable source!

youre welcome...the info sounds quite credible...if you read the book, let us know how good it is lol

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2005, 05:40:21 PM »

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was looking for a reliable source!

youre welcome...the info sounds quite credible...if you read the book, let us know how good it is lol
down here is difficult to get those books, the few u find are fucking expensive Sad

Always two there are, a master and an aprentice...

Gunner Temple
Jenny's Dream of Axl Rose
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #182 on: June 23, 2005, 05:37:16 AM »

I checked the DVD and videos - Luke's lightsaber is blue (with the exception of the several second shot on the Falcon in the DVD releases)

I'm gonna have to assume ur version is defective or maybe the contrast/brightness of ur tv is off slightly?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #183 on: June 23, 2005, 12:13:41 PM »

I checked the DVD and videos - Luke's lightsaber is blue (with the exception of the several second shot on the Falcon in the DVD releases)

I'm gonna have to assume ur version is defective or maybe the contrast/brightness of ur tv is off slightly?
no, my copy is a straight copy done myself from the original DVD from Blockbuster.
I didn't forgot to make the screens, it's just that episode 3 finished downloading and I HAD to watch it again Grin I promise tonight I'll post my screenshots.

Gunner Temple
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #184 on: June 23, 2005, 04:20:59 PM »

the lightsabre colour, well you both could be right, some people see some colours of the spectrum slightly differently depending on the cones on the retina and the signals perceived by the brain.

i remember seeing either a green or blue lightsabre right throughout the film, on the falcon its definitely green in my eyes and when obi wan shows it to luke for the first time it looks green to me also

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #185 on: June 23, 2005, 04:31:24 PM »

the lightsabre colour, well you both could be right, some people see some colours of the spectrum slightly differently depending on the cones on the retina and the signals perceived by the brain.

i remember seeing either a green or blue lightsabre right throughout the film, on the falcon its definitely green in my eyes and when obi wan shows it to luke for the first time it looks green to me also
god damnit - do we need a poll on this?

Geroge Lucas backs my side of the story hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2005, 04:42:16 PM »

so your videos arent overplayed like you thought jenny's were? if they were overplayed then of course by your reasoning they would have faded/poor colour...which means how can you use your video as evidence?

of course you never considered your version was defective did you? Tongue

Q is a master of logic

(Winston Churchill)"
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2005, 04:45:03 PM »

so your videos arent overplayed like you thought jenny's were? if they were overplayed then of course by your reasoning they would have faded/poor colour...which means how can you use your video as evidence?

of course you never considered your version was defective did you? Tongue

Q is a master of logic

I have the videos and 2 copies of the dvd - they all show blue - i don't think all three are likely to be wrong. Plus they are supposed to be blue. Plus no one else has claimed otherwise.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #188 on: June 24, 2005, 01:52:18 AM »

Izzy, my friend, you were right, I checked ANH again and indeed the LS was blue, not green. For a split of a second it was green, but just that. Smiley

Gunner Temple
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2005, 03:48:12 PM »

I was going to bring this up when the movie first came out but I forgot about it............

Has anyone else noted that Anakin/Vader never wins a saber fight in any of the movies
Episode 1: to young, no saber battles
Episode 2: Loses to Count Dooku
Episode 3: Beats Dooku but only because Dooku is under orders not to kill Anakin by Palpatine(from the novel). He makes a sneak attack on Mace. Loses to Obi-Won
Episode 4: Only beats Obi-Won when Kenobi intentionally drops his guard
Episode 5: Cant finish off Luke despite Luke not being fully trained
Episode 6: Loses to Luke

I dont read any of the extended universe novels, but going just by the movies Anakin/Vader wasnt tha great of a warrior. Strong with the "force" yes, but not much of a fighter when faced against an opponent of comparable skill.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #190 on: June 28, 2005, 04:06:44 PM »

I was going to bring this up when the movie first came out but I forgot about it............

Has anyone else noted that Anakin/Vader never wins a saber fight in any of the movies
Episode 1: to young, no saber battles
Episode 2: Loses to Count Dooku
Episode 3: Beats Dooku but only because Dooku is under orders not to kill Anakin by Palpatine(from the novel). He makes a sneak attack on Mace. Loses to Obi-Won
Episode 4: Only beats Obi-Won when Kenobi intentionally drops his guard
Episode 5: Cant finish off Luke despite Luke not being fully trained
Episode 6: Loses to Luke

I dont read any of the extended universe novels, but going just by the movies Anakin/Vader wasnt tha great of a warrior. Strong with the "force" yes, but not much of a fighter when faced against an opponent of comparable skill.

Lol - i think he beat Dooku, but hell, if the book says so Smiley

I suppose thats a bit of mystery to the films - was Anakin really ever the chosen one? U can use ur points for the 'against' argument.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #191 on: June 28, 2005, 04:08:52 PM »

Izzy, my friend, you were right, I checked ANH again and indeed the LS was blue, not green. For a split of a second it was green, but just that. Smiley

Smiley

U had me worried i was colour blind! Glad its all settled

It does go green very briefly on the Falcon, i never noticed on the video release but its very evident on the dvd - ah remastering, in this case going badly wrong!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #192 on: June 28, 2005, 04:31:29 PM »

I suppose thats a bit of mystery to the films - was Anakin really ever the chosen one? U can use ur points for the 'against' argument.

There was a scene filmed that was cut, right after the emperor tells Anakin to kill Dooku, Dooku turns to the emperor and says "You promised I'd be spared" It was cut when Lucas decided it wuld raise too much suspicion in Anakin too early in the movie. The novel made it very clear that Dooku was not going all out against Anakin because the Emperor wanted Anakin alive.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #193 on: June 28, 2005, 05:34:07 PM »

There was a scene filmed that was cut, right after the emperor tells Anakin to kill Dooku, Dooku turns to the emperor and says "You promised I'd be spared" It was cut when Lucas decided it wuld raise too much suspicion in Anakin too early in the movie. The novel made it very clear that Dooku was not going all out against Anakin because the Emperor wanted Anakin alive.

Sounds about right

I still don't understand why Palpatine was 'kidnapped' seemed an incredibly risky way to achieve nothing.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2005, 05:50:29 PM »

I still don't understand why Palpatine was 'kidnapped' seemed an incredibly risky way to achieve nothing.....

It was described as palpatines plan to stage his kidnapping inorder to lure Anakin and Obi-Won back from what ever assignment they were on for the Clone Wars. It was ultimately Palpatines plan to eliminate Dooku and open a spot to lure Anakin as his new apprentice. Thats why Dooku was told to take it easy on Anakin and that Palpatine would use his control over Anakin to spare him.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2005, 06:40:09 PM »

Smiley

U had me worried i was colour blind! Glad its all settled

It does go green very briefly on the Falcon, i never noticed on the video release but its very evident on the dvd - ah remastering, in this case going badly wrong!

hehehe...i couldnt resist teasing you Tongue ....  especially since you said we agreed on most things...

(Winston Churchill)"
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2005, 06:43:55 PM »

well he killed all those trainee jedi children...does that not count? lol

(Winston Churchill)"
hyperionmax2003
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #197 on: June 29, 2005, 08:38:51 PM »

well he killed all those trainee jedi children...does that not count? lol

"I must have killed like, 200 kids.  But my dickhead lieutenant comes up to me and says,  " Stern, those are little kids, that counts as one person." "
            - Howard Stern "Private Parts"
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2005, 05:39:26 AM »

It was described as palpatines plan to stage his kidnapping inorder to lure Anakin and Obi-Won back from what ever assignment they were on for the Clone Wars. It was ultimately Palpatines plan to eliminate Dooku and open a spot to lure Anakin as his new apprentice. Thats why Dooku was told to take it easy on Anakin and that Palpatine would use his control over Anakin to spare him.

Yeah - but under closer inspection that falls to bits

There is a line in which Anakin says if this hadn't happened he would never have got back from the Outer Rim - and yet they can travel there and back in a day, so its not as if he was really that far away....I always thought it was weird they could travel from one side of the galaxy in hours.....

Getting your entire fleet trashed just to meet up with Anakin just doesn't make sense...

Not that i'm saying ur explanation is wrong - it isn't, i'm just hoping someone thinks of a better one

hehehe...i couldnt resist teasing you? ....? especially since you said we agreed on most things...

Why u.....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 06:17:06 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
MikeB
« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2005, 04:26:28 AM »

I saw the movie, it fucking rocked! But I forget a few parts already. Before Obi-Wan fought Darth Vader, didn't someone tell him that Anakin joined the Dark Side in order to know he had to fight him?? Didn't Obi-Wan tell Padme that Anakin joined the dark side but she refused to believe him? When the fuck is this movie coming out on DVD/VHS? Angry
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: