Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:56:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)  (Read 51455 times)
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2005, 04:49:27 PM »

my brother read them, ill ask him wat he thought. ok

Did annikan remind anyone else of Brad Pitt a little?

peace
Cubb

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2005, 05:11:49 PM »

Has anyone else read these curious post-Jedi books, what did u think? I'm afraid Death Stars shaped like lightsabres proved too much for me

i read the timothy zahn book Heir to the Empire...i must agree it was dire reading...probably the worst book i have ever read...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2005, 06:01:59 PM »

peace
Cubb

Yes, especially the part where he left Padme to go hook up with Angelina Jolie Wink

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2005, 07:27:43 AM »

i almost  Cry  in it. its teribly sad. this is the onli star wars movie that emotionally gript me. its the best star wars eva

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2005, 08:18:12 AM »

peace
Cubb

Yes, especially the part where he left Padme to go hook up with Angelina Jolie Wink

rofl

Genuis

i read the timothy zahn book Heir to the Empire...i must agree it was dire reading...probably the worst book i have ever read...

Yeah - a Star Wars book without any kind of 'war', though i must say Zahn's books where probably the best of the ones i read - though that hardly says much for the others...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2005, 02:46:02 PM »

peace
Cubb

rofl hihi

no but seriously, just the way he was speakin reminded me so much of brad pitt, did no one else see that?
 peace

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
MCT
« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2005, 03:08:28 PM »

no but seriously, just the way he was speakin reminded me so much of brad pitt, did no one else see that?
 peace

That scene where he greets Padme after crash landing the ship, well I heard a big "RIP!"...

...cause he ripped a page outta Pitt's acting book.

So yes, I noticed it as well.
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2005, 04:13:29 PM »

Thankyou! I knew someone else must have noticed it!
 peace

Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2005, 01:17:23 AM »

I'm jumping a little late on this one... WARNING - SPOILERS

Seen it 2 times, and oh boy... I have no words to describe such a excellent movie (IMHO). Absolutelly fantastic. For me is the best of all 6 (yes, for ME, you don't have to agree so don't damn me Grin)

Hayden's acting is awesome (and also fuck... he's hot, but that's abother story...)

Let's start some debate here....

Point 1: one missing thing, who the fuck is Syfo Dias (the Jedi that ordered the clones)?? There's no mention on him, meaning we don't know who he is. My theory: Count Dooku using another Jedi name after he (Dooku) left the order.

Some high points

* The final scene is brilliant: that image of the death star being build made my blood freeze - absolutelly great

*Anakin talking with Palpatine after killing Windu, crying, kneelled, saying "Yes, my master" - Oh god - no words for that

* Anakin killing the padawans -? Shocked - Didn't thought he would dare

* Ani Vs Obi - "I HATE YOU!!" - MEMORABLE

* Obi: "You were the chosen one! - his face showing pain and deception speaks for itself

* Anakin entering the Jedi temple followed by the clones - makes you wanna join the Sith - it's impressive and top class

* Jedi's dying, specially Aylaa Secura - froze me seeing her fall and being dead and the clones continue shooting. Mundi's (the one with long face) surprised face - makes you sad

* Dooku's face when Palpatine tells Anakin "Kill him", like saying "WTF??!! I'm your apprentice!"

* Palapatine telling anakin the story of his master and the midiclorians - what a twisted fucker! he easily bought him!

* Anakin's face - half sad, half angry, thinking what to do - Hayden proved to be an excellent actor and that he deserved the role of Vader.

* First Vader breath: magnificent!!!! peace ok

ok, this went long, but what can you expect from a SW fan?? Grin
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 12:12:55 PM by Darth Jenny » Logged

Always two there are, a master and an aprentice...

Gunner Temple
Jenny's Dream of Axl Rose
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2005, 12:53:01 PM »

Point 1: one missing thing, who the fuck is Syfo Dias (the Jedi that ordered the clones)?? There's no mention on him, meaning we don't know who he is. My theory: Count Dooku using another Jedi name after he (Dooku) left the order.

Indeed

I though that but it can't be - Yoda knew of Dooku and a master Syfo Dias (conversation between Obi wan on Genosis and Yoda in the council) - so they have to be different people

Is it possible Darth Maul was Syfo Dias? Maybe that was makeup he was wearing or had been disfigured and thus wasn't recognised by Qui quon?

It is somewhat confusing - Lucas loves to leave holes in his work

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2005, 01:11:54 PM »

Indeed

I though that but it can't be - Yoda knew of Dooku and a master Syfo Dias (conversation between Obi wan on Genosis and Yoda in the council) - so they have to be different people

Is it possible Darth Maul was Syfo Dias? Maybe that was makeup he was wearing or had been disfigured and thus wasn't recognised by Qui quon?

what I mean is that Dooku posed as Syfo Dias -
Remmeber that Tawn We (kamino cloner) said to Obi "Tell your master Syfo Dias that we are on schedule", and later on Obi asks Jango when Syfo contacted him and Jango replies "I don't know anyone called like that (or so). I was hired by someone called Tyranus (Sith name of Dooku)

Syfo Dias was a Jedi that died around the time of Qui Gon's death or earlier (Remember Obi saying "I had the impression master Syfo Dias died before" (or sth similar).

Extra: about errors: I don't care about the "errors" - I have an explanation for all of the except 1 (not mentioned in this thread before)

When Obi gives Luke the lightsaber, he says "Your father wanted you to have it" - we all know that is not true, my explanation would be that Obi lied to Luke not to hurt him (u know... dude, your dad is a bad ass called Vader - no way he could tell him that, so he chose to lie). The inexplicable error is:

EP3: Obi Vs Ani, both have BLUE Lightsabers. After Ani is defeated Obi picks Ani's LS and walks away... 20 years later we see Obi giving Luke anakin's lightsaber and is *mistery music* GREEN.

ps: love a SW debate Cheesy Grin

Gunner Temple
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2005, 01:16:15 PM »

EP3: Obi Vs Ani, both have BLUE Lightsabers. After Ani is defeated Obi picks Ani's LS and walks away... 20 years later we see Obi giving Luke anakin's lightsaber and is *mistery music* GREEN.

Its only green for 1 second when activated on the Falcon - its blue the rest of the time Smiley Its just an error when they coloured them in (they were just glass poles and then in post production they added colour - thats why Vader's lightsaber is seen as white in the video release after he kills Obi Wan)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2005, 01:36:22 PM »

Its only green for 1 second when activated on the Falcon - its blue the rest of the time Smiley Its just an error when they coloured them in (they were just glass poles and then in post production they added colour - thats why Vader's lightsaber is seen as white in the video release after he kills Obi Wan)

but I mean when Obi gives Luke the LS in the Larrrs' farm (remmeber Luke examinating it)

Gunner Temple
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2005, 04:03:30 PM »

but I mean when Obi gives Luke the LS in the Larrrs' farm (remmeber Luke examinating it)

No, thats blue, maybe u have a dud version - too much watching! Its a very very pale blue in those scenes, virtually white

It does go green briefly while on the Falcon but its blue the rest of the time.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2005, 04:27:01 PM »

No, thats blue, maybe u have a dud version - too much watching! Its a very very pale blue in those scenes, virtually white

i have the remastered version, and the scene has a green LS - I'll make a screenshot later and post it Wink

Gunner Temple
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »

i have the remastered version, and the scene has a green LS - I'll make a screenshot later and post it Wink

Okay, if i have time i'll slap on the DVD - the bit in Obi Wan's hut right? 'Your father wanted u to have this' - i'll check it out, but i have now watched the film so many times (in the last month alone!) - i notice these things, i'll be astounded if i've missed it.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2005, 04:53:24 PM »

Okay, if i have time i'll slap on the DVD - the bit in Obi Wan's hut right? 'Your father wanted u to have this' - i'll check it out, but i have now watched the film so many times (in the last month alone!) - i notice these things, i'll be astounded if i've missed it.

exactly that scene - I have the sets of DVDs that in ep 6 has Hayden's image instead of the original dude

Gunner Temple
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #177 on: June 22, 2005, 04:55:38 PM »

exactly that scene - I have the sets of DVDs that in ep 6 has Hayden's image instead of the original dude

I don't know about the edited to death DVDs, but the original VHS tape has a blue lightsaber when Luke first receives it on Tatooine.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #178 on: June 22, 2005, 05:18:37 PM »

Indeed

the first post explains much about sifo-dyas...interesting read much of it coming from the book Labyrinth of Evil...the source was George Lucas himself

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=general_star_wars&message.id=45115

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2005, 05:21:36 PM »

Indeed

the first post explains much about sifo-dyas...interesting read much of it coming from the book Labyrinth of Evil...the source was George Lucas himself

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=general_star_wars&message.id=45115

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was looking for a reliable source!

Gunner Temple
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: