Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:17:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR, an underrated band between the GNR fans?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR, an underrated band between the GNR fans?  (Read 11138 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« on: May 04, 2005, 11:48:18 AM »

Hi guys, I dont know if you have ever talked about this before, but I want to tell everybody that VR kickes ass... their music is so fuckem great and everybody complained when they realeased the album... even I did .... so guys what you think? is VR an underrated band?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 11:50:14 AM »

Hi guys, I dont know if you have ever talked about this before, but I want to tell everybody that VR kickes ass... their music is so fuckem great and everybody complained when they realeased the album... even I did .... so guys what you think? is VR an underrated band?

Overrated seems more like it to me.  peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 01:09:14 PM »

is VR an underrated band?

Not at all.

If you want to talk about underrated things among Gn'R fans, compare "Contraband" to "Village Gorilla Head". One of them is underrated....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 01:34:56 PM »

Not at all.

If you want to talk about underrated things among Gn'R fans, compare "Contraband" to "Village Gorilla Head". One of them is underrated....

/jarmo

That is very true. Village Gorilla Head is an awesome album. Definately one of the best released in 2004.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 09:39:21 AM »

I don't think they are underrated. They seem to get plenty of respect and credit...

nyd
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 12:52:52 PM »

Not at all.

/jarmo

Excellent post!  beer VGH will be playing at mine for a long time to come - it's right there with "All Shook Down"  Wink
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 01:27:16 PM »

i think they are very under rated. That is because either axl isnt in them or they didnt sound like GNR/STP.

I think they are great and its good to get a album from some original GNR band members.....unlike axl who still hasnt released "his" album.

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 01:41:12 PM »

Maybe the "GNR only" fans underrate them but not the general music listening public or the industry.

Way too much success to be characterized that way.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
RichardNixon
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 11:22:50 PM »

I say they're underrated, but that's a good thing--If that makes sence. I want them to be popular, but not overexposed. Still when you think that piece of shit Linkin Park and Britiny Spears has sold 35 million albums worldwide, that's kinda sad.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 07:23:28 AM »

VR? Too early to tell.

Fuck 'Em All.
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 04:11:04 PM »

Over rated. When people give a rating of 9 or 10 to all the songs; what does it tell you? With that point clear; I hope their next album is better because they have the talent to do it.  peace
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 07:11:50 PM »

Its cool to see that people support VR cause I think its a great band after all... and I hope to get a new VR as soon as its posible...
mike_giuliana
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2005, 12:38:56 PM »

I think they are underrated in the mainstream. I believe if they were younger doing songs like slither ftps and dlt it would get more recognition.. No doubt their past fame helped them get in the door, but the long run is all on them..
As for the gnr fans I believe certain people are on the fence witht eh breakup and support axl over the ex mates so some won't give it a fair shake.. Some may not like scott from his stp days, or some hate because it's not axl.. SOme don't like it and that's cool too, everyone is entitled to their own opinions..

When I look at outwide reviews I feel it can be underrated because scott gets the drug thing in his face, or supergroup or comparing the band to their old work... Very hard to live up to anything sucess wise in the gnr era, and stp has a lot of sucess as well..

Two groups I really loved that formed one so that's why I have a lot of interest myself..

[/Insert Quote
Over rated. When people give a rating of 9 or 10 to all the songs; what does it tell you? With that point clear; I hope their next album is better because they have the talent to do it.
Being we all are gnr fans n vr fans we all tend to exaggerate.. Unless the poll is a 1-10 on the songs itself from the album not compared to all time best songs.. Now 1-10 on freebird stairway to heaven seeing a ten would be a shock and wrong, but seeing a ten as the best song on the album is different..

I hate to sidetrack but I have seen stellar reviews for IRS (just for the 32 second mess alone) and people were declaring best song in ages, instant classic, people started saying round 2, cd starts now, I have it on my itunes playing for the 500-1,000th time so as an entire community the overdramatics is out of this world and also overrated..
AxlStaleyWeiland
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2005, 11:29:17 PM »

its underrated by the newGNR fans, but I attribute that to ignorance and denial. BTW fuck tommy stinson and his record, Ill take duff fucking Mckagen and his loaded record over that piece of shit any day

its a miracle how long we can stay in a world our minds created in a world thats full of SHIT
Dust N Rose
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2005, 02:04:56 AM »

That is because either axl isnt in them or they didnt sound like GNR/STP.

That's why they are not that adorable from the gn'r fans.

I think Scot is the reason what they haven't been better. Mediocre singer in my opinion. They have a good position in the charts though even with Scot. Maybe because of the modern ( a little boring ) sound they have.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2005, 01:35:23 PM »

its underrated by the newGNR fans, but I attribute that to ignorance and denial. BTW fuck tommy stinson and his record, Ill take duff fucking Mckagen and his loaded record over that piece of shit any day

excuse me? Village Gorilla Head is a million times better the Loaded or any other Duff solo album.  ok
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2005, 01:41:27 PM »

I havent listened to T. Stinson sVILLAGE GORILLA HEAD, but I think Duffs work is cool too... and... maybe you are right... but Duff is still duff ... dont forget it.. Smiley
mike_giuliana
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2005, 01:58:50 PM »

it's called a group effort, just because slash is the lead player and is a great player doesn't mean the band or the albums need to be centered around him.. A solo doesn't have to be long to be good.. He did that in snakepit already, he did that in gnr already, he has done many guest spots doing solos.. I value your polished opinion, but I feel different..

AxlStaleyWeiland
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2005, 08:48:23 PM »

excuse me? Village Gorilla Head is a million times better the Loaded or any other Duff solo album.? ok
I guess we'll agree to disagree, Im just way more into Duffs dirtier punk style than to Tommy Stinson creative cuteness

its a miracle how long we can stay in a world our minds created in a world thats full of SHIT
mike_giuliana
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2005, 07:00:58 AM »

I am not sayin that it has to be fast, or long or anything else... If he has decided as an artist to change musical direction thats something which is he is own fuckin biz and not mine, but for me as a fan/listener/guitarsolos-junkie,I feel stung out. the guy could make u go in other dimensions with his guitar, he aint just another guitar player!! dunno dude, the way his is playin the guitar will always reserve a special place into my heart, as for me music is vital , but shit , one way or another i just feel stung out :/? ?\Slash 'em all/? Tongue

Well not many people duplicate the stuff they once created.. Everything in gnr was great... Now that he's out of gnr we tend to be much tougher critics.. I think vr is just some guys with interests in jamming touring and having fun.. I don't think they are interested in chaning the wheel, just making some solid but not groundbreaking rock fans can enjoy.. I admire them for just throwing togheter soemthing in a year, getting someone who has had a lot of substance abuse problems and making a go at it..
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: