Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:42:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Almost, Not Really GN'R Related
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Almost, Not Really GN'R Related  (Read 1815 times)
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« on: May 04, 2005, 02:54:26 AM »

I watched a movie called "The Manson Family" tonight. Insanely weird. Anyway, at the end of the movie, there's a group of kids standing around, one's wearing a Charlie Don't Surf Tshirt. They ask him what it says, so he shows them. They ask him what it means, "He's locked up. Before he surfed. Now Charlie Don't Surg anymore" Another person there is wearing a Kill Your Idols Tshirt, same as Axl wore. Anyway, these kids ended up killing the dude wearing the Charlie shirt.

Thought it was very interesting that in a movie about Manson, kids would be wearing two of the same shirts as Axl wore.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Elrothiel
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 01:16:17 PM »

Kewl, I wanna see that movie!
on a side note, my boyfriend has a black t-shirt with Charlie's face on it, its almost the same as Axl's, only it doesn't have the white square around it so it just looks like Charlie's face is coming out of the shirt. Its a kewl shirt. Smiley
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 01:23:24 PM »

They ask him what it means, "He's locked up. Before he surfed. Now Charlie Don't Surg anymore"

It's actually a quote from Appocalypse Now, Charlie=Viet Cong  they literaly meant the Viet Cong don't surf.........
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 02:19:28 PM »

They ask him what it means, "He's locked up. Before he surfed. Now Charlie Don't Surg anymore"

It's actually a quote from Appocalypse Now, Charlie=Viet Cong? they literaly meant the Viet Cong don't surf.........

but what does it mean on the shirt tho, why does it say Charlie don't surf? I don't think it's there in reference to apocalypse now, it must have another meaning....

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 06:36:28 PM »

I still dont see any shirt having to do with charles manson cool.  Axl did it for shock value i figure i couldnt see a reason for anyone else wearing it

Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 08:06:50 PM »

I also have a Charlie Don't Surf shirt, basically the same as your bf's, by the sounds of it.

Charlie Don't Surf in reference to Charlie means, as far as I remember, that Charlie wasn't some typical Calfornian surfer dude. He was special, so Charlie Don't Surf.  Yes, it is a line from Apocolypse Now, but people sort of took as their own for Charlie.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Elrothiel
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 02:27:54 PM »

I also have a Charlie Don't Surf shirt, basically the same as your bf's, by the sounds of it.

Charlie Don't Surf in reference to Charlie means, as far as I remember, that Charlie wasn't some typical Calfornian surfer dude. He was special, so Charlie Don't Surf. Yes, it is a line from Apocolypse Now, but people sort of took as their own for Charlie.
Kewl. He saw it on Ebay one day and thought "Oooh! Awesome t-shirt! Gotta have!" and he bought it. Its fucking huge! Tan is skinny though... I guess there weren't any smaller sizes at the time. LOL! He looks kewl in it though.

And I'm ashamed to admit this, but I ain't nevah seen Apocalypse Now... *puts it on list of movies to watch*.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: