Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:55:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Trent tells Finck "F*ck you"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trent tells Finck "F*ck you"  (Read 30401 times)
Warren
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2005, 08:41:54 AM »

The core of Guns N'Roses is Axl+Slash. Read to a 1993 Axl's interview, he agrees with that : Axl+Slash=GN'R.

The other members had their part (specially Izzy, of course), but the band could continue without them.
But, without Slash or without Axl (of course) it is impossible to make GN'R, as everyone can see.

Concerning Finck's contribution : some concerts like RIR and 2002 disaster tour. That's it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 08:43:58 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
estranged.1098
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2005, 08:59:35 AM »

I can see why Trent Reznor would be pissed off.  He got ditched for Axl Rose of all people.  I really like Finck but it seems to me that he's a sellout.  Without Reznor, Finck would be nothing.

Money is apparently worth more than his passion for music.  Everybody's got a price I guess (getting paid to do nothing is a sweet deal).  But if he's really committed to GNR and saw something in Axl, then more power to him.

It'll be interesting to see how this whole thing will play out.  I think all the members could be doing something better than hanging out with Axl... except Dizzy and Tommy.. they're lifers.

You don't know Robin Finck, so don't judge him.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2005, 09:28:57 AM »

I can see why Trent Reznor would be pissed off.  He got ditched for Axl Rose of all people.  I really like Finck but it seems to me that he's a sellout.  Without Reznor, Finck would be nothing.

Money is apparently worth more than his passion for music.  Everybody's got a price I guess (getting paid to do nothing is a sweet deal).  But if he's really committed to GNR and saw something in Axl, then more power to him.

It'll be interesting to see how this whole thing will play out.  I think all the members could be doing something better than hanging out with Axl... except Dizzy and Tommy.. they're lifers.

Agreed, estranged.

With all due respect, Nick, you have absolutely no idea what Robin Finck's motivations are for joining, and staying loyal to GN'R.  Therefore, you have no basis for saying that "money is worth more than his passion for music."

Ali
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2005, 09:36:20 AM »

I can see why Trent Reznor would be pissed off.? He got ditched for Axl Rose of all people.? I really like Finck but it seems to me that he's a sellout.? Without Reznor, Finck would be nothing.

Money is apparently worth more than his passion for music.? Everybody's got a price I guess (getting paid to do nothing is a sweet deal).? But if he's really committed to GNR and saw something in Axl, then more power to him.

It'll be interesting to see how this whole thing will play out.? I think all the members could be doing something better than hanging out with Axl... except Dizzy and Tommy.. they're lifers.

Agreed, estranged.

With all due respect, Nick, you have absolutely no idea what Robin Finck's motivations are for joining, and staying loyal to GN'R.? Therefore, you have no basis for saying that "money is worth more than his passion for music."

Ali
I don't think any of us can be sure of Finck's motivations - but I do know that if I had the choice of being paid peanuts to tour with an egotistical, childish old  cokehead like Trent, or getting paid more to sit at home waiting to tour with an egotistical, childish old neurotic like Axl AND occasionally contribute to the band, I'd have to go with door #2.

Regardless, does anyone trust Trent Reznor's judgment of musicians? He is, let's not forget, employing ex-Mansonite Twiggy Ramirez. 
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2005, 09:48:01 AM »

Regardless, does anyone trust Trent Reznor's judgment of musicians? He is, let's not forget, employing ex-Mansonite Twiggy Ramirez.?

No problem with Trent's judgement here, Twiggy was a heavy contributor to the brilliant Manson who's services have been highly sought after since his departure.  Other notable players have done time with Reznor include Richard Patrick and Chris Vrenna and obviously Robin Finck.

The only judgement in question here is yours.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2005, 09:58:22 AM »

Regardless, does anyone trust Trent Reznor's judgment of musicians? He is, let's not forget, employing ex-Mansonite Twiggy Ramirez.?

No problem with Trent's judgement here, Twiggy was a heavy contributor to the brilliant Manson who's services have been highly sought after since his departure.? Other notable players have done time with Reznor include Richard Patrick and Chris Vrenna and obviously Robin Finck.

The only judgement in question here is yours.
Well absolutely, you're welcome to question my judgment, I don't have a string of hit albums behind me. But, I have heard much of Jordy's(sp?) work and I think he's a pretty poor bass player, all things considered. But that's not my point, my point would be that of all the things said about him, I've never heard anyone claim that Jordy was a serious, dedicated musician. As such, I have to doubt the accuracy of Reznor's own judgment in condemning Robin for what Trent percieves to be some form of "selling out" while at the same time employing a bassist known for everything other than his ability as a musician. ?
nick
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2005, 10:55:21 AM »

I can see why Trent Reznor would be pissed off.? He got ditched for Axl Rose of all people.? I really like Finck but it seems to me that he's a sellout.? Without Reznor, Finck would be nothing.

Money is apparently worth more than his passion for music.? Everybody's got a price I guess (getting paid to do nothing is a sweet deal).? But if he's really committed to GNR and saw something in Axl, then more power to him.

It'll be interesting to see how this whole thing will play out.? I think all the members could be doing something better than hanging out with Axl... except Dizzy and Tommy.. they're lifers.

Agreed, estranged.

With all due respect, Nick, you have absolutely no idea what Robin Finck's motivations are for joining, and staying loyal to GN'R.? Therefore, you have no basis for saying that "money is worth more than his passion for music."

Ali

Don't get me wrong... I'm speculating at this point (aren't we all).? Of course I don't know what his motives are and that's why I say more power to him is he saw something in Axl that he perhaps didn't see in Reznor.? Maybe saying he's a sellout was a little harsh... its not like we were there.

I hesitate to say he's loyal to GNR.? Let's not forget that he left NIN for GNR, quit GNR for NIN then came back to GNR.? Maybe there's something is both bands that he dislikes but overall, Axl was a better choice.? We'll never know.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2005, 11:49:30 AM »

Anyway, who really gives a fuck about Finck's (an employee) motivations ?
This guy is like a bug in a computer !

He will never be accepted as GN'R member.

And nugnr will never be accepted as Guns N'Roses.

That's your opinion. I happen to think "nugnr" is still Guns N Roses. It sounds liek Guns N Roses and looks like Guns N Roses, so hey I guess it must be Guns N Roses.  ok
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2005, 12:51:46 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have read that Finck left NIN because of the on stage physical abuse from Reznor.  Robin would be rocking onstage and then boom! out of nowhere he's hit with a microphone in the face.  Apparently, he couldn't take it anymore so he leaves one abusive singer for another.  I can't speak for his motivations or loyalties but I can speculate that he is a glutton for punishment.
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2005, 01:25:57 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have read that Finck left NIN because of the on stage physical abuse from Reznor.? Robin would be rocking onstage and then boom! out of nowhere he's hit with a microphone in the face.? Apparently, he couldn't take it anymore so he leaves one abusive singer for another.? I can't speak for his motivations or loyalties but I can speculate that he is a glutton for punishment.
I seem to remember reading exactly that when Robin originally left NIN. Then again, it's the same story attributed to various members of Marilyn Manson on their way out the door too. Whether it's accurate or not I don't know, but what I do know is that Trent's "spontanious" gear-wrecking outbursts are planned according to which pieces of equipment the techs have spares for. That alone would get on my nerves after about two shows. I'm amazed that anyone tours with Reznor a second time. Perhaps his experiences touring with NIN will have prepared Finck for life on the road with Axl? At the very least, Reznor's outburst in that interview will give Robin a taste of the bitter recriminations due if he should ever leave GNR Tongue
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2005, 01:44:25 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have read that Finck left NIN because of the on stage physical abuse from Reznor.  Robin would be rocking onstage and then boom! out of nowhere he's hit with a microphone in the face.  Apparently, he couldn't take it anymore so he leaves one abusive singer for another.  I can't speak for his motivations or loyalties but I can speculate that he is a glutton for punishment.

Ive never ever seen Axl hit anyone in the band onstage with a mic on purpose.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2005, 01:54:39 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have read that Finck left NIN because of the on stage physical abuse from Reznor. 
*corrects you because you are wrong*
I never remember reading anything like that.  Reznor's days of uh, Physical abuse were long gone around last tour he did with Finck. Things during Fragility were pretty calm overall.
..And uh..we are talking about Finck here goddamnit!Someone who started his career as performing artist by "playing" a chainsaw, sucked  Manson's dick onstage somewhere along the way..he is TEH physical abuse himself goddamnit.
I'd be very suprised to hear  he wasn't entirely cool with Reznor's usual  not-entirely-heterosexual-male-agressive-hug during Sin's guitar solo yes

Finck left because he was offered a  change to actually be a part of a studio team of a huge band and make massive piles  of cash along the way.Simple as that.

He certainly isn't  the luckiest guitarist in the world though..yo-yoing between 2 perfectionist controlfreak band dictators..poor Finck. I bet he misses the straightforward Chainsaw player days by now.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 01:59:25 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2005, 01:58:23 PM »

Jesus this got lame (well it was lame to begin with but anyway).

I take it none of you have seen NIN live right? Man it gets crazy. Trent gets psycho and does slam into the band, and it kicks ass. This isn't a safe show and as a long time GNR fan and one who has dug every GNR show I have ever seen, I appreciate that dirty,  dangerous rock show. Its not lame moshers, its the music and the musicians that bind and penetrate the audience. Trent is a master performer, in a completely different way that Axl is. If Finck couldnt take it, he was in the wrong band, and is a big pussy. NIN live gets crazy.

So he joined GNR because he wanted to feel nice and safe? Lol, that really what you want to believe? How fucking gay.

(and yea, the Fragile tour was definitely not as chaotic as previous.)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 02:01:03 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2005, 02:24:45 PM »

"I've never seen Axl hit anyone in the band onstage with a mic" 

I never said that Axl did this, read a bit more carefully next time.

I think that it was Reznor who went down on Manson onstage and not Finck.  Reznor's parents were in the audience too!!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2005, 02:31:29 PM »

No, I heard that it was Reznors dad, who sucked on twiggy's cock, as twiggy sucked on Finck, who sucked on Reznors dick, while Manson got sucked by Chris Vrenna, who let Steven Adler suck on his dick for some coke.

...now get the fuck off this nonsense (you know, now that's its been cleared up).

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2005, 02:31:37 PM »

I think that it was Reznor who went down on Manson onstage and not Finck.  Reznor's parents were in the audience too!!
Yep, this thread has turned into some sort of freaky tribute to misinfo and tabloid press.
But yeah, let's keep discussing on Manson  blowjobs because it is important.
No, it was not Reznor.It was Finck.
Hmm..or was it Manson  that sucked Finck's dick?
But yeah, blowjobs, yay!

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
HK-47
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2005, 02:45:33 PM »

From an interview with the NIN touring band:

"Mr. Manson has been very vocal in retelling the story of one particular incident from the NIN / Manson tour - when Manson allegedly gave Robin Finck a blow job onstage in Florida.

"Oh, Manson's quite a sensationalist", Robin sighs, the mildest hint of colour reddening his pallid complexion. "I wouldn't believe everything he says."

"But Manson does suck men's dicks", smiles Danny Lohner, as he enters the room and slumps down on the sofa beside me. "He's gay."

You think so?

"Oh, yeah", he grins. "He would say something terrible about us, so we should make up something first as a preemptive strike."

-------------------------------------------

So there you go. In a shocking turn of events it seems that not everything in Manson's autobiography was true. I'm sure you're all shocked and disheartened.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2005, 03:16:11 PM »

No, I heard that it was Reznors dad, who sucked on twiggy's cock, as twiggy sucked on Finck, who sucked on Reznors dick, while Manson got sucked by Chris Vrenna, who let Steven Adler suck on his dick for some coke.

...now get the fuck off this nonsense (you know, now that's its been cleared up).

GnR is now, and has been for a long, long time, nothing but nonsense.? And words. Empty, hollow, meaningless words.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2005, 07:48:13 PM »

But that's not my point, my point would be that of all the things said about him, I've never heard anyone claim that Jordy was a serious, dedicated musician.

I've never heard anything contrary to Geordie being anything but the consumate professional.? His employment w/Manson, Maynard and now Reznor would lead me to believe he's quite talented.? By the way, I've never heard anyone "claim that Robin was a serious, dedicated musician."? Much to the contrary according to Reznor.

As such, I have to doubt the accuracy of Reznor's own judgment in condemning Robin for what Trent percieves to be some form of "selling out" while at the same time employing a bassist known for everything other than his ability as a musician. ?

Robin could be characterized the same way as you perceive Geordie, except Geordie has been a vital part and contributor to a major act such as Manson while Robin has never been a creative force in any
of his professional relationships.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2005, 08:39:16 PM »

I think Robin thinks like all good musicians. When his rock n roll days are done and he cant tour no more what is he suppose to show his kids?  I think he has enough talent that he wants to create and be part of something so he has a legacy.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: