Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:34:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Trent tells Finck "F*ck you"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trent tells Finck "F*ck you"  (Read 30427 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2005, 01:49:02 PM »

If you listen to IRS or the live bootlegs of the new songs (Blues, Maddy), Finck`s influence is unmistakable, 3/4 of the guitar work is from him.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
madagas
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2005, 02:03:39 PM »

I was just talking about official releases-which there aren't any. I have heard all that and his influence is there. But, a few live bootlegs does not make a career.? Undecided
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 02:14:03 PM by madagas » Logged
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2005, 02:36:12 PM »

Fuck, I am picking up With Teeth when I break for lunch in an hour. I can't Fucking WAIT!!!

I can't stress the dual disc version of it enough. If you got the album or going to get it...get the Dual Disc. The album was recorded in 5.1 and that is the way the album is meant to be heard. Not the downsampled CD of it.

I can't believe With Teeth actually came out before Chinese Democracy. Its actually very fucking sad. There was NO WAY With Teeth should have come before it!

Here is something to chew on. You know how influenced Axl is by NIN. Wouldn't it be great when Axl hears "With Teeth" blasting out is sweet fucking Digital Theater Settup, and comes to the realization that the quality of the audio is so much better then Chinese Democracy, that he realizes he has to rerecord it.

Wouldn't that be funny? ...

...god help us  Cry
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 02:38:01 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2005, 03:05:53 PM »

1. How does anyone know what Robin has brought to Gnr? He really didn't even contribute much to Oh My God. 2. In the time span the new band has been together, Reznor released The Fragile, toured extensively, released a live album and dvd, and now has a new album and tour. If Reznor is a recluse then Rose has just simply disappeared altogether. Gnr has been completely inactive for going on 3 years! 3. Robin probably could have done this new NIN tour and then had time to get back with Gnr before Chinese is released. There is absolutely no indication that Axl is planning on doing anything in the near future. 4. It is obvious Finck stayed with Gnr because of money. Trent is just calling it like he sees it. All the work Finck has done or not done for Axl may never even see the light of day. It is a sad thought but it is certainly a possibility. ps I'm a little aggravated by all this right now. Just came back from buying With Teeth and am slightly jealous of fans whose favorite artists actually release records. rant

How is it obvious that Finck has stayed with GN'R for money?  Where have you ever read that being said by someone other than Reznor?

I'm sorry, but I see that as nothing more than a cynical view of the motivations behind Finck's loyalty with no basis whatsoever in fact.  When Robin wrote on his website "i'm chomping at the bit to get out and really shake things up with gnr and look forward to the release of the new album and ultimately to tour and to tour" and that he was disappointed by Guns withdrawal from Rio-Lisbon, that shows that he has an emotional investment in the band and it isn't just about the money.

Ali
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2005, 03:32:42 PM »

Ditto to Ali n GnRFL Cheesy

Just came back from buying With Teeth and am slightly jealous of fans whose favorite artists actually release records. rant
You mean you don't like NIN  but you bought it? hihi
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 03:37:16 PM »

I was just talking about official releases-which there aren't any. I have heard all that and his influence is there. But, a few live bootlegs does not make a career.  Undecided
It's still more than he did in NIN...

Saying he's only looking for money is quite unfair. You're judgin a guy without even know him or have any real proof that he's only in Guns N' Roses to make money. It's obvious that Trent is upset with Robin and he wouldn't say bad things if he didn't miss him. He is hurt and just wanted to hurt Robin.

madagas
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 03:41:38 PM »

"To Tour and to Tour"-shows you Robin is living in a dream world! If you think Axl is capable of pulling off an extended tour, then more power to you. I don't think he is remotely mentally stable enough to do it. Just my opinion. Ali, I actually feel sorry for Robin....and Tommy especially. Axl may have given them money, but he hasn't given them the one thing I bet they want more than anything, a release date for Chinese. ?no
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2005, 03:43:39 PM »

Here is something to chew on. You know how influenced Axl is by NIN. Wouldn't it be great when Axl hears "With Teeth" blasting out is sweet fucking Digital Theater Settup, and comes to the realization that the quality of the audio is so much better then Chinese Democracy, that he realizes he has to rerecord it.

Wouldn't that be funny? ...

...god help us  Cry

How do you know hes not doing that anyway? Wink

With Axl anything is possible, he might even release the album in Cassette version only! ok

Dont know anything about either party in thid argument, so cant really comment, interesting to read all the same!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2005, 03:58:47 PM »

It's obvious that Trent is upset with Robin and he wouldn't say bad things if he didn't miss him. He is hurt and just wanted to hurt Robin.
And the rival in love...... hihi

I feel a bit sorry to Trent to heat that.
Hey, I like with teeth a lot so don't be so jealous of da pimp dad.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2005, 04:49:21 PM »

"To Tour and to Tour"-shows you Robin is living in a dream world! If you think Axl is capable of pulling off an extended tour, then more power to you. I don't think he is remotely mentally stable enough to do it. Just my opinion. Ali, I actually feel sorry for Robin....and Tommy especially. Axl may have given them money, but he hasn't given them the one thing I bet they want more than anything, a release date for Chinese.  no

Axl may or may not be mentally stable enough to pull off an extended tour, I'm not sure.  The only thing I am sure of is that I don't know the man personally, therefore I'm not comfortable commenting on his mental health. 

If Tommy and Robin say that they like playing live with Guns and they like the music they've worked on, then I'll take them at their word and leave it at that.  We all can speculate until the end of time how much of their loyalty to Guns is for the band and music, and how much is because of the money.  But, you'll never know for sure unless you live in their heads.  I'd rather just take them at their word  ok

Ali
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2005, 05:07:01 PM »

Fuck, I am picking up With Teeth when I break for lunch in an hour. I can't Fucking WAIT!!!

I picked "With Teeth" up today as well, fantastic first listen.  Definitely has a sense of urgency about it, very focused. 

Would have loved to see Robin tour with Trent on this one.  Oh well, maybe he'll be busy elsewhere. hihi

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2005, 06:02:14 PM »

Damn, I understand u have a falling out with someone and dont play with them anymore. But come on, to call someone out in the press after all this time, and then air some bogus story like Finck being paid to hang out with Axl really makes Reznor look like a punk ass  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
estranged.1098
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2005, 11:06:53 PM »

"To Tour and to Tour"-shows you Robin is living in a dream world! If you think Axl is capable of pulling off an extended tour, then more power to you. I don't think he is remotely mentally stable enough to do it. Just my opinion. Ali, I actually feel sorry for Robin....and Tommy especially. Axl may have given them money, but he hasn't given them the one thing I bet they want more than anything, a release date for Chinese.  no

Robin and Tommy are in a much better position to know what goes on than you are, my friend.
Warren
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2005, 04:31:53 AM »

If you listen to IRS or the live bootlegs of the new songs (Blues, Maddy), Finck`s influence is unmistakable, 3/4 of the guitar work is from him.

Are you serious when you talk about "Finck's influence" ? I'm laughing, really. rofl

Finck didn't participate in NIN albums, what kind of influence could he have ?
From a musical and artistic point of view, Finck is less than zero.

And someone must have a serious problem in his head if he lets Slash go just to hire Mr Robin Finck ! nervous

So, I would say like Trent Reznor (though his album sucks) : "Finck, fuck you !"
madagas
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2005, 08:13:28 AM »

Estranged, the facts speak for themselves. NOTHING has gone on in almost 3 years. What planet do you live on? I realize they know what is happening, but please tell me what is happening? No release date, no tour, nothing. If you think they can put together a tour by the end of the year, you have lost it. The members are all over the globe until mid September. They probably haven't even played some of the material on the album in 4-5 years! It is going to take a whole lot of work just to figure out how to play their songs! Listen, I think the album will be great-no doubt. But, please understand that I have very little faith in ANYTHING that is said by bandmembers, Merck, Axl, or anyone else. EVERYTHING they have predicted has not come to fruition. Again, the facts and reality speaks for itself.
Warren
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2005, 08:21:05 AM »

Estranged, the facts speak for themselves. NOTHING has gone on in almost 3 years. What planet do you live on? I realize they know what is happening, but please tell me what is happening? No release date, no tour, nothing. If you think they can put together a tour by the end of the year, you have lost it. The members are all over the globe until mid September. They probably haven't even played some of the material on the album in 4-5 years! It is going to take a whole lot of work just to figure out how to play their songs! Listen, I think the album will be great-no doubt. But, please understand that I have very little faith in ANYTHING that is said by bandmembers, Merck, Axl, or anyone else. EVERYTHING they have predicted has not come to fruition. Again, the facts and reality speaks for itself.

I do agree with you, except for one thing : I am not sure the album will be that great... Tongue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2005, 08:24:30 AM »

I do agree with you, except for one thing : I am not sure the album will be that great... Tongue

Yeah, don't expect another Snakepit album......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Warren
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2005, 08:30:00 AM »

Yeah, don't expect another Snakepit album......

/jarmo

If you don't like Slash's solo albums that's not my problem.
But there is one thing for sure : Slash's contribution to Guns N'Roses has been HUGE ! I don't think anyone could say the same about Finck & Co.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 08:35:50 AM by Pepe Da Rosa » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2005, 08:35:21 AM »

But there is one thing for sure : Slash's ccontribution to Guns N'Roses has been HUGE !

And?

So was Izzy's contribution. And Duff's..... And even Steven had a part in it.

Oh, and that lead singer had a tiny part.

I don't think anyone could say the same about Finck & Co.

So you know how much he has contributed since he joined?

How did you find it out?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nick
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2005, 08:35:58 AM »

I can see why Trent Reznor would be pissed off. ?He got ditched for Axl Rose of all people. ?I really like Finck but it seems to me that he's a sellout. ?Without Reznor, Finck would be nothing.

Money is apparently worth more than his passion for music. ?Everybody's got a price I guess (getting paid to do nothing is a sweet deal). ?But if he's really committed to GNR and saw something in Axl, then more power to him.

It'll be interesting to see how this whole thing will play out. ?I think all the members could be doing something better than hanging out with Axl... except Dizzy and Tommy.. they're lifers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: