Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:47:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Izzy on the illusion tour
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy on the illusion tour  (Read 10919 times)
benny
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: April 28, 2005, 09:20:04 PM »

I was surprised to learn that when Gilby was injured back on the Illusion tour for a short time, Izzy filled in for a few shows.
How did he agree to come back after leaving in bad circumstances? Surely their was tension between him and Axl especially with all the shit Axl used to say about Izzy before duble taking jive at each show. How did those shows with Izzy go?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 09:34:35 PM »

Axl called him and asked. They paid him and so he agreed to play.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 09:42:34 PM »

I always thought that Izzy left in good terms... Axl use to talk with some anger about him but I think that was because he feels a little hurt for his departure, considering they were together since the begining...

//JK
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 10:40:18 PM »

If my memory serves , the anti-izzy rants before DTJ didnt start until after Izzy did those shows and then left again.

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 10:52:33 PM »

there's a radio interview with slash and axl (rockline??) where they both speak very poorly of izzy and the few shows that he filled in, pertty unfairly in my opinion - but what do i know? i guess izzy was still smacked out his eyeballs at the time. it took him a year or two to get clean after he left.
Crowebar
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 01:41:25 AM »

I remember reading a long time ago, that Izzy was paid 2 MILLION dollars, to do those two shows. nervous

You can shoot up a helluva lot of heroin, with 2 MILLION dollars. ok
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 01:53:35 AM »

I?m not sure, but i think he did 5 shows or something like that

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 02:40:16 AM »

I remember reading that GN'R did not only pay him generously, Izzy also set some conditions. GN'R where supposed to go up on time at each show. And extensive rants by Axl where forbidden... Allthough the fans got what they wanted, I must have been pretty hard for Axl to swallow... After that he propably tried to catch up, ranting about Izzy.
Crowebar
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 02:52:24 AM »

I remember reading that GN'R did not only pay him generously, Izzy also set some conditions. GN'R where supposed to go up on time at each show. And extensive rants by Axl where forbidden... Allthough the fans got what they wanted, I must have been pretty hard for Axl to swallow... After that he propably tried to catch up, ranting about Izzy.

Axl is a bit of a spoiled-rotten little Bia-Tch-Boy for sure.

Speaking from a music fan's perspective, I'd rather just hear the band play some kickass shit, as opposed to hearing Axl, or anyone else go off on a fucking rant.

I pay hard-earned dollars to go see a live show.

Motley Crue kicked some serious ass up here in Toronto!!!!!  yes ok peace smoking beer Shocked
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 03:26:17 AM »

Yeh two of those shows were the Milton Keynes gigs in 1993. I was so chuffed cos Izzy was playing. I had not seen GnR play before when he was playing. I had only ever seen them when Gilby had joined! Whilst it was cool I never really thought Izzy was too in to it. I know he that kind of cool, chilled out style anyway but he never really looked to in to it! But fuck I may be wrong, I was only 17 and pissed as a parrott! That was the night when I was fortunate enough to meet Axl and Duff afterwards albeit for a few seconds!!!

Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 03:04:12 PM »

i guess izzy was still smacked out his eyeballs at the time. it took him a year or two to get clean after he left.
nah, he was clean and had been for a while, that's one of the reasons he left the band was his conscious objection to the  drug and alcohol abuse one one side and Axls controlling personality on the other.
Izzy got clean shortly after he nearly went to jail for pissing on a plane while drunk. He was ordered to be sober by the court, submit urine weekly or be jailed.
peace,
Intercourse.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 05:53:58 PM »

I found this very interesting to when i found out a few months ago..Wouldnt mind seeing a dvd of it

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2005, 09:11:46 PM »

I really think that Izzy wouldve made a great addition to either Velvet Revolver or the New Guns. I mean I like fink but he butchers Slash's fuckin solos. And who the fuck is Dave Kushner?...

But wait, I remember someone saying that Izzy tried to Jam with the members of VR and they js werent into it or something.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2005, 09:18:50 PM »

why exactly did Izzy leave. i've heard different reasons from different people.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2005, 09:30:57 PM »

why exactly did Izzy leave. i've heard different reasons from different people.

Check the Ex-Gunner section, it was explained there a few days ago.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
joeyramone
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2005, 10:44:10 PM »

I really think that Izzy wouldve made a great addition to either Velvet Revolver or the New Guns.
Yeah but that would make them literally GnR (early Illusions era) minus Axl lol
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2005, 12:15:52 AM »

I wish people would just admit that Izzy was the brains behind the band. Admitting that doesn't mean you hate Axl. Axl was the voice, Izzy was the brains. Deal with it!!

gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2005, 03:16:23 AM »

i think that gilby broke a finger,abd then axl called izzy,and thats the story!!!

axl and izzy are friends from childhood,and i think they have good terms now

I have never seen so many tree
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2005, 11:34:24 AM »

I wish people would just admit that Izzy was the brains behind the band. Admitting that doesn't mean you hate Axl. Axl was the voice, Izzy was the brains. Deal with it!!

Exactly my feelings. Ive always wanted too say exactly that but I was afraid the Axl worshipers would strongly disagree. Izzy brought something to the band that Gilby in my eyes was unable to replace. To me personally, the spirit and vibe of appetite and the majority of those songs is Izzy Stradlin. Alot of people argue GnR died when Slash left or when the UYI tour got overbloated and cheesy, but for me its when Izzy left. I strongly think that had Izzy stayed with GnR, they might very well still be around today, and the UYI tour would never have gotten as cheesy as it did. I think Izzy indirectly kept everyone, particularily Axl in check, yet also brought out the best personally and musically from all of them and that to me is more valuable and precious then the absence of Slash..

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2005, 08:52:01 AM »

I think Izzy woulda been in velvet revolver except of his "phbia" now for lead singers. Duff even said himself how Izzy was there writing songs etc etc but as soon as the time came to audtion lead singers izzy left and wasnt heard from anymore.  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: