Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:15:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A reason why Chinese Democracy may fail.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A reason why Chinese Democracy may fail.  (Read 12536 times)
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2005, 04:18:51 AM »

Some people say that Axl's album sales are not an issue.

On the contrary, I think it's a big issue because if ChinDem does not sell well, it will be the last album released by Axl : record company moguls' revenge !!!

That's right man !

GNR forever !!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2005, 08:05:50 PM »

Chinese Democracy... is the most expensive ALBUM ever recorded...  dont forget that it hasnt been released yet... nor promoted and it has already reached more than 13 million of dollars
shamael
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2005, 01:59:22 AM »

to the comment about rock being dead.actually i think hip hop is comming to a end  dont get me wrong i like hip hop but nothing great has come out of it in a whileit's become played out .rock is comming back even k-rock in new york has changed its format they are playing all good rock from back in the day and ton's of gun's and roses everytime i get in my car i hear a guns song .the world is just getting ready to appreciate rock again.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2005, 02:18:30 AM »

to the comment about rock being dead.actually i think hip hop is comming to a end? dont get me wrong i like hip hop but nothing great has come out of it in a whileit's become played out .rock is comming back even k-rock in new york has changed its format they are playing all good rock from back in the day and ton's of gun's and roses everytime i get in my car i hear a guns song .the world is just getting ready to appreciate rock again.

I agree, rock is back and 2005 is a big year for it. Some of the biggest releases of the year being rock releases - Oasis, White Stripes, Audioslave, NIN, SOAD and the real biggie I reckon,Coldplay.

Hip Hop has dominated since the millenium but it is waning as old ideas and concepts continue to be rehashed. What it really needs is another Eminem or Outkast much like rock in the past has needed its GNR's, Nirvanas and White Stripes.

When GN'R releases CD at the end of the year ( a huge leap of faith I know, but I think its going to happen), they could be re-entering a musical landscape fertile for rock artists and if it's as mindblowing as it's reported to be, it could well become a huge influenece as Appetite was 18 years ago.

However, I think the real measure of it's success will not be whether it's a commercial hit(although Interscope will have other ideas) but whether it can succeed on it's artistic merits.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 02:31:20 AM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2005, 04:16:30 AM »

That's something that bothers me when fans wonder if Chinese Democracy will be great.
Take a look around and ponder.
Rock is dead. We don't have big bands anymore and channels like MTV don't boost upcoming rock bands.
At least rock isn't that popular anymore if not dead. It's been long since we've heard a great hard-rock album.
You think UY1 would be on charts if it was released now? Would bands like Zeppelin, Queen or U2 even appear today?
What if Chinese Democracy's really great? A few will understand it. Most people don't have sentiment in music anymore. They will not appreciate Chinese Democracy, only hardcore fans and people who still hear rock music will do.
We should hold our enthusiasm about C.D. When it comes out, even if it's wonderful we may see it not able enough to reach the people.

dude, everyone is going to buy this album, not just everyone.....i mean EVERYONE!!!

so many people will be curious as fuck!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Dust N Rose
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2005, 07:37:39 AM »

That's something that bothers me when fans wonder if Chinese Democracy will be great.
Rock is dead. We don't have big bands anymore and channels like MTV don't boost upcoming rock bands.
At least rock isn't that popular anymore if not dead. It's been long since we've heard a great hard-rock album.
You think UY1 would be on charts if it was released now? Would bands like Zeppelin, Queen or U2 even appear today?
What if Chinese Democracy's really great? A few will understand it. Most people don't have sentiment in music anymore. They will not appreciate Chinese Democracy, only hardcore fans and people who still hear rock music will do.
We should hold our enthusiasm about C.D. When it comes out, even if it's wonderful we may see it not able enough to reach the people.

dude, everyone is going to buy this album, not just everyone.....i mean EVERYONE!!!

Undecided
When even people who listen to Heavy Metal or Hard Rock don't know what Chinese Democracy is, well this makes me not that sure.
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2005, 08:06:36 AM »

You guys got it all wrong.? Rock isnt dead, Rock stars are dead. Theres no rock stars anymore, theres just a bunch of little punks that sing about how there life sucks. NOBODY wants to here that shit. Y do u think rap become so big "Because they fucken act cool and dont give a FUCK"! Part of the problem is the younger generation acting like if a rock star acts cool he is a sell out. Which all started with the Grunge era, which was the gayest fagiest moment ever in the history of music. Anyways Axl is a rock star, HE acts cool, He is cool, And he dont give a fuck. Because of that the album will be successful and of course im sure the music will be great

I`m almost agree with you. Rock is not dead basicly. Just change a lot. After The Beatles and Rolling Stones we have a few bands who really a creative musicaly - The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Metallica, U2, Guns n`Roses, Nirvana and NIN.

Thank God there still NIN.
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2005, 08:21:16 AM »

That is for sure! i don`t know how many members have this forum but i bet my ass everyone here will buy it or download it. I`m from Bulgaria, and this week officialy was released Welcome to the Videos - i have this DVD for years but buy it becouse it was original and for support. Also buy and Greatset Hits for that reason. I`m waithing for CD almost 7 years and really can`t immagine to don`t buy it even it`s a really bad album. After Chinese Democracy, The Bluse, Madagascar and Rhiad a know for sure CH will become a huge hit.
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2005, 08:30:15 AM »

When even people who listen to Heavy Metal or Hard Rock don't know what Chinese Democracy is, well this makes me not that sure.

That's what promotion is for. Tongue
i'm pretty sure that the promotion will be huge, after all we talk about GNR here.

homo homini lupus...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2005, 11:56:54 AM »

concentrating the promotion on the (small) hard-rock/heavy metal "community" would be a mistake in term of marketing, promotion and SALES. Don't forget that even inside the GN'R fans, lots of people aren't into metal or heavy-metal (like me).? Most of them are basicly Rock fans. And that's what GN'R is, a Rock band. So "Chinese Democracy" has to appeal to everyone. The music should be the most democratic possible. It shouldn't be a record for a few people. It should be a record for everybody.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 12:03:27 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
patience26
Rocker

There`s someone in my head, but it?s not me...

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2005, 01:39:17 PM »

Rock is dead.

The Darkness, Sum 41, The Mars Volta, Children of Bodom, Black Label Society, Slipknot, Mudvane, System of a Down, Greenday, The Black Sabbath comeback, Velvet Revolver, The Motley Crue comeback, the Judas Priest comeback, Damageplan, Atreyu.....need I continue??

May i say Audioslave, Marilyn Manson?!!!! Huh   

Blame it on the Falung Gong!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2005, 01:42:25 PM »

rock is alive to those who want it to be.. it's not alive like it was in the 80's or early 90's.. I wouldn't consider most mainstream music "rock" anyways.. You have retro elements today where wearing an ac/dc gnr t shirt is cool but by album sales you would never think rock is ruling anything.. Tide may change but right now rock is not big, brief nu metal surge a few years back, and rock rap but nothing so huge like say the grunge era or hairbands.. Gnr will have their devoted following at shows but album sales are unkown to me.. Greend day is having a great run but I don't even like them,.. For soem reason the guy billy joe sounds like he has some fake accent to me and all the songs remind me of eachother..

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2005, 01:49:53 PM »

Chinese Democracy... is the most expensive ALBUM ever recorded...? dont forget that it hasnt been released yet... nor promoted and it has already reached more than 13 million of dollars

I don't know if it's the most expesive album ever, or a series of albums like axl mentioned.. What I do know is if anyone does care about seeing something by gnr do well you have to want to se good album sales or it wil be a failure for all the money spent..l Someone has to collect on that serious investment. I think it would be lame to wait so many years for an album to barely sell.. part of the excitement beside the music is seeing the album climb the charts or having big singles..
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2005, 01:53:04 PM »

Rock isn't dead...everyone is mentioning all these mainstream bands...there are (IMO) a lot of bands rocking their heads off on indie labels (politics aren't as bad as on those corporate labels), playing bars and small clubs...if the only place you're looking is corporate america and big arenas, no wonder you're not finding rock as much as you like
...seek it out people ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2005, 02:11:06 PM »

Rock isn't dead...everyone is mentioning all these mainstream bands...there are (IMO) a lot of bands rocking their heads off on indie labels (politics aren't as bad as on those corporate labels), playing bars and small clubs...if the only place you're looking is corporate america and big arenas, no wonder you're not finding rock as much as you like
...seek it out people ok

you'll always find good rock in the underground, it's always been like this.. The point of the topic was gnr in today's music.. There has been plenty of good rock in the mainstream in the past.. We're talking about rock music being accepted in the public and how gnr will do in the "mainstream".. Question is will CD do well in today's market? The popular rockstar is pretty much dead, album sales are way down among the bigger stars of the past but their shows still do well..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2005, 02:34:24 PM »

...seek it out people ok

you'll always find good rock in the underground, it's always been like this.. The point of the topic was gnr in today's music.. There has been plenty of good rock in the mainstream in the past.. We're talking about rock music being accepted in the public and how gnr will do in the "mainstream".. Question is will CD do well in today's market? The popular rockstar is pretty much dead, album sales are way down among the bigger stars of the past but their shows still do well..
Yeah I imagine things are always like that.

From what I've heard, I don't see the mainstream (american) rock of the time before GN'R came out of the blue that excellent. the situation's pretty similar for GN'R, perhaps.
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2005, 03:09:30 PM »

Axl doesnt give a shit if he tops the charts, as long as his music reaches hardcore and casual GnR fans he's content. We are all waiting on the album and when it comes out we are all going to buy it. Axl doesnt need to worry about that top 10 billboard chart bullshit, cause no matter what Chinese will be a massive success worldwide. And besides if ppl like Kelly Clarkson,Avril Lavigne, and fucking Ashley Simpson can top the charts

Than that doesnt say much for the charts now does it?  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2005, 03:45:53 PM »

Axl doesnt give a shit if he tops the charts, as long as his music reaches hardcore and casual GnR fans he's content.

We don't know that, (unless you're Axl Smiley of course)

Of course Axl cares about being #1, isn't that why GnR broke up? Axl wanted to be the biggest and best and play huge stadium acts and have huge orchestrated songs while everyone else in the band wanted to play clubs and just play "old fashioned rock and roll"

I think you are kidding yourself if you think Axl doesn't want to have the biggest band in the would once again.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2005, 06:59:01 PM »

in front of 200.000 + people at RIR 2001, Axl seemed to be the happiest guy in the world. Smiley He loves big crowds, it's a proof for him that his music touch a lot of people. I think he is proud when he plays in front of a big crowd. I also think he cares of record sales.
He really wants to be successfull again.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 07:01:54 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
CamelWides
What if Chinese Democracy is only released in China?
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2005, 07:10:50 PM »

MTV doesn't want White kids listening to anything that isn't either A. "Being White is a crime" Hiphop, or B. "Being White sucks" emo-fag-"rock".
MTV is run by a cabal of jewish Zionists who hate White people, end of story. They want all Whites to lose their identity, because they don't want there to be any White people, period.
They pushed rap UNTIL it became popular (by default really), and submerged rock bands that weren't "with the program".

I know that isn't what anyone wants to understand and look at, but that's reality.

On the other hand, the Zionist music industry is going into the garbage bin-- White kids are kinda sick of crap, especially when they accidentally hear good music now considered "Oldies", and thus played on Oldie stations, when switching around for the so-called "Pop Rock" stations. So only the very young White kids are buying the crap that they see on MTV, and bands like Megadeth and reborn stars like Billy Idol are selling shows and making moves, even though the MTV cabal doesn't report it or wish to acknowledge this anti-Anti-Art sentiment that rejects the garbage the cabal has been forcing on youngsters. More and more people are tired of consuming cabal-approved junk.

All that matters is that Axl doesn't sell out like Metallica did, trying to get a cabal that hates him to embrace and respect him. His enemy isn't the mainstream audience. His enemy is the Zionist media gateway to that mainstream audience. He has to go around it, if the Zionist anti-human cerebrus guarding the gate won't let him pass.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: