Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:22:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A reason why Chinese Democracy may fail.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A reason why Chinese Democracy may fail.  (Read 12557 times)
Dust N Rose
« on: April 28, 2005, 03:38:11 PM »

That's something that bothers me when fans wonder if Chinese Democracy will be great.
Take a look around and ponder.
Rock is dead. We don't have big bands anymore and channels like MTV don't boost upcoming rock bands.
At least rock isn't that popular anymore if not dead. It's been long since we've heard a great hard-rock album.
You think UY1 would be on charts if it was released now? Would bands like Zeppelin, Queen or U2 even appear today?
What if Chinese Democracy's really great? A few will understand it. Most people don't have sentiment in music anymore. They will not appreciate Chinese Democracy, only hardcore fans and people who still hear rock music will do.
We should hold our enthusiasm about C.D. When it comes out, even if it's wonderful we may see it not able enough to reach the people.
AC
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 03:48:08 PM »

What does it matter if C.D. sells so well? Axl has stated in the past few years that if it does well then great, if not then fine. I really don't think he cares if it sells or not, and do we? I could care less if it sells 5,000 units or 5,000,000 units. I just want the damn thing, like the rest of you!

There are not many artists out there that do care, especially at the financial level he's at right now. The most important things to consider here are:
a) GN'R put out the album;
b) it reaches far far into GN'R's and Axl's creative abilities;
c) us hardcore fans appreciate it (we may not "love" it, but we need to appreciate it); and,
d) whatever GN'R and Axl do it inspires them and Axl to continue working on music for the rest of their lives.

Lets stop being so negative about this whole situation and embrace it. When we all get the new album we're going to be looking back on all this with some seriously amazing memories. It's like when Christmas Day is over, or a holiday you've been waiting for for so long is over, you look back and all you can think about is how amazing it was the week before Christmas, or the week before the holiday, with all those wicked expectations. Those days are almost better than the actual thing when it happens..... my thoughts anyway.

/Aaron.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 03:56:10 PM »

CD or anything Axl Rose puts out musically will NEVER fail.? Axl is way too talented and intelligent to have that happen.

I know we all want CD.....................Hell, at this point, I'd take a disc of Axl singing in the shower. ? Cheesy

Rock n' Roll is dead.........but Axl will make a comeback when he's ready to do just that.  I think 2006 will be Axl's time to shine. yes

Patience will pay off someday.? Have faith. Grin

« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 03:57:51 PM by dolphin » Logged
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 04:11:43 PM »

Rock isn't dead.  It may be very sick, but it's still alive.  If Motley Crue can come back, put out a platinum selling 2-disc greatest hits, and sell out arenas all over the country than so can Axl.  The only thing that would hurt Axl is that Motley has all the original members back.  But even so, I think the Crue have proven that there is still a large audience that wants to hear that kind of music.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 04:13:20 PM »

Considering IRS wich is said not even beeing in the top 10 tracks of the album...it will be huge.
It can't fail.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Dust N Rose
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 04:25:07 PM »

Rock isn't dead.? It may be very sick, but it's still alive.? If Motley Crue can come back, put out a platinum selling 2-disc greatest hits, and sell out arenas all over the country than so can Axl.? The only thing that would hurt Axl is that Motley has all the original members back.? But even so, I think the Crue have proven that there is still a large audience that wants to hear that kind of music.

That's the problem. We don't have new great bands to brace rock. We trust to old superbands like Motley Crew.

Of course Chinese Democracy will have a success. I just don't expect like the Illussion's days success because of the musical scene factor.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 04:30:04 PM »

What does it matter if C.D. sells so well? Axl has stated in the past few years that if it does well then great, if not then fine. I really don't think he cares if it sells or not, and do we? I could care less if it sells 5,000 units or 5,000,000 units. I just want the damn thing, like the rest of you!

Unfortunately, commercial success is equal to Axl's success.
If it sells, only then people (and critics maybe) will say it was worth the effort all these years.
Elrothiel
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 04:55:16 PM »

Ya know, if every Gn'R fan in the world buys this album when it comes out, there ain't no way it can not sell well! There are well over 2,000,000 Gn'R fans, and if they all buy the album, then its bound to sell well.
Methinks the main problem is with critics. Some people follow others thoughts, and if the critics say that it sucks, then the people who follow critics will also... althouuuuughh..... I find myself hard to believe that fans of a band who put out Get In The Ring would be so hard pressed to follow what critics think...

Naaah, Gn'R don't have any problems. All they need to do is:
1. Make Zakk Wylde be the replacement for BH and
2. RELEASE THE FUCKIN ALBUM!!!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 05:00:39 PM »

New exciting rock bands are few and far between, but rock is not dead. I think you can blame the record companies for that. They sign people with dollar signs on their mind, not the artistic value of the music.

If it is promoted correctly and it is even a medocre album, CD will due well. The GNR fans past & present will get it and mainsream people will get it just out of curiousity.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 05:03:29 PM »

i don't care how many copies it sells, wether that 10 or 10 million.

The only copy that will matter will be mine.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 05:12:14 PM »

The only copy that will matter will be mine.

ME 2  ok (my copy of course and not yours)

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 05:12:21 PM »

Axl has stated in the past few years that if it does well then great, if not then fine.

LOL, and when was that exactly? ?Axl's made maybe one statement in the past few years, and he definetaly did not say that. ?He is the one determined to "take the world over Guns N' Roses style". ?The bottom line is, Axl cares a lot about how successful this album is going to be.
Friedemann
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 05:18:02 PM »

why should I care if it sells?

some people seem to be keen to see "their" stars famous and recognized and doing well --- like those 12-year old girls who wait in line for 7 hours to see their star so they can say, "I did that for him", and furiously defend him when you tell 'em he's crap.

Axl owes me nothing. I owe him nothing. I don't care if the critics tear it apart or if it won't get any airplay. I'm just going to buy the bloody thing and by the way then --- then --- I'm going to decide if I like it.

all else is bull
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 05:40:04 PM »

Rock is dead.

The Darkness, Sum 41, The Mars Volta, Children of Bodom, Black Label Society, Slipknot, Mudvane, System of a Down, Greenday, The Black Sabbath comeback, Velvet Revolver, The Motley Crue comeback, the Judas Priest comeback, Damageplan, Atreyu.....need I continue? 

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 05:50:32 PM »

You guys got it all wrong.  Rock isnt dead, Rock stars are dead. Theres no rock stars anymore, theres just a bunch of little punks that sing about how there life sucks. NOBODY wants to here that shit. Y do u think rap become so big "Because they fucken act cool and dont give a FUCK"! Part of the problem is the younger generation acting like if a rock star acts cool he is a sell out. Which all started with the Grunge era, which was the gayest fagiest moment ever in the history of music. Anyways Axl is a rock star, HE acts cool, He is cool, And he dont give a fuck. Because of that the album will be successful and of course im sure the music will be great

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 06:27:28 PM »

Rock stars are dead. Theres no rock stars anymore, theres just a bunch of little punks
Exactely! I made a thread about this a few months back. I couldnt agree more with you. Unfortunately a lot of peopel on this board took my post the wrong way and thought I was selfish or something or didnt care about the music.

Like I said a long time ago, there are no more rock stars. No more fur coats or sneakers with ur name on it. No more attitude. Axl had that. He was the last American rockstar. Like him or hate him he created a buzz, a controversey..good or bad. Point is he was being talked about. We havnt had that in a decade. And it sux.

You can tell Axl still has some of that rock star attitude but Im not sure if it would fly in todays world. He would be labbeled selfish, etc nowadays. I guess you have to whine and date Britany Spears or talk a big game nowadays in order to be consisered a rock badass...fuk that

anyways good point man

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 06:31:03 PM »

everything green day has released off of american idiot has done well.  ok

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005, 06:34:55 PM »

You have to have faith that the album could be great enough to change the tide. Just because rock is very weak right now doesn't mean it won't be back on top again. The right thing just needs to come out and this album and band has the potential to bring it back...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005, 07:12:34 PM »

Rock is dead.
----Johnny Rotten in 197?  Tongue

Was the scene when GN'R were about to debut so different from that of today? Huh
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005, 07:27:55 PM »

Well I consider that Axl doesnt give a damn about how many albums C.D. will reach to sell... but what is pretty clear to me is that... if he sells less than the expected he will be in financial problems...  remember:

Chinese democracy... the MOST expensive album in HISTORY....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: