Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:44:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta  (Read 77340 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #480 on: April 23, 2005, 10:41:37 AM »

Here's what happened: (APPARENTLY)

At the door, the manager explained that he couldn't promise Guns N' Roses and charged $15 instead of $20. He also passed out copies of the "contract" he had. It's 4 pages long and I can scan it in if anybody is interested. Then everybody sat around until 10:40 until Hells Bells came out. At around 11:30 the manager got on stage and said "I've been looking for their tour bus, but I ain't seen it yet. So, Hells Bells is going to keep playing." At midnight the manager got back up there and said "I guess they're not coming so I have 6 bottles of Jack Daniels, drinks are free while Hells Bells is playing." At that point, my friend and I left. Behind us was a steady stream of other people leaving, too.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Friedemann
« Reply #481 on: April 23, 2005, 10:47:51 AM »

thanks a lot dude

if it doesn't cause you too much trouble could you put the contract online
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #482 on: April 23, 2005, 11:28:56 AM »

And why didnt managment sue the bar owner or stop him from selling tickets before that night if they knew nothing was planned and he was lying?

How do you prove he was lying? He claims he had a contract with Axl.

I guess first you need to prove the contract isn't a valid one.... We don't know why they didn't stop them. Maybe they couldn't or just thought they did enough already.

Merck told AP Axl wasn't gonna be there. Somehow you'd think that piece of info would trickle down to some of the people who thought GN'R were playing. Maybe the radio station promoting the show could've mentioned in on the air.....

You can't expect Merck to fly down there and stand outside the bar handing out flyers saying "Axl's not performing tonight".

/jarmo

True as that is, jarmo, you'd think management would do a little more than tell some internet message boards and then eventually tell the AP it wasn't happening. Only like 3 people from the boards went to the show. All those local people got screwed. I heard the place held 2,000 people and the board members that were there said it was packed, so 1,997 people got ripped off (I'm sure I'm exagerrating a bit). One would also think this news from the AP would reach any of the people that went to the club last night, it really sucks that it didn't. Does anyone remember what happened with the Hungary concert hoax? Did management step in or did people just find out it was fake on their own?
      I really expected management to issue a cease and desist order or something along those lines, but as far as I know nothing like that ever happened. These guys might just get away with scamming all those people (and I thought all along that it was the club being scammed, not the club doing the scamming). Hopefully the guy with the contract will post it, but even so, you'd think that weeks of the club promoting GNR would be there through clear phone messages, fliers, and the radio stations that that would be enough for some kind of lawsuit. I hope all those that went to the club will at least get some satisfaction (either getting money back somehow or winning a class action lawsuit). I hate to see any fan conned, whether they be GNR fans or not.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #483 on: April 23, 2005, 11:41:14 AM »

"I guess they're not coming so I have 6 bottles of Jack Daniels, drinks are free while Hells Bells is playing." At that point, my friend and I left.

LMFAO ... 6 bottles? Thats it?!  rofl

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #484 on: April 23, 2005, 12:03:04 PM »

THIS WAS POSTED BY A BOARD MEMBER WHO ATTENDED

ATLANTA, GA- Well, what can I say...? This was the funniest shit I have probably ever taken part in. We pulled into Cartersville around 7:30pm. It took me nearly 1hr to get there from the part of Atlanta. I was corresponding with Gibson from the forum on my way there. She had the day off of work and arrived at Coyote's around 4:30. This is how I was getting the reports of the equipment being unloaded from the white semi-truck and the sound-check information.

We turned onto the street where the bar is at and just like Gibson's report to me, there was a small parking lot roped off and everyone was parking in the strip mall parking lot across the street from the bar. There were alot of people walking there and the line was forming. As I was driving, I took a picture of the bar with my camera phone and relayed it to Darknemus. I didn't get the feeling that the bar would sell out of tickets right away and the line wasn't that long to me, so my girlfriend and I went to get dinner at this good local place called the "Backstreet Diner", located 1 block away from Coyote's.

I had my GNR shirt on and the owner of the restaurant was a nice, small town guy who struck up a conversation with me about Coyote's and the possibility of Guns N' Roses being there. The rumor had been spreading around the little town for a couple weeks according to him and his comment in reference to the bar owner was "I am really hoping Axl Rose shows up. He (bar owner, Pete) really needs this. He hasn't been doing so well lately. They used to get up-and-coming country bands that might have a song that you've heard on the radio, but all the sudden, he stopped getting these bands to play there." - so right there, made me think, this guy is looking for the publiciity. We ate our food, the restaurant owner let me park my car in the parking lot, I called Gibson for an update on our way out of the restaurant and she said that they were searching everyone and they were being strict. I have an expensive Palm Trio camera/video phone that I didn't really want taken away, so I left it in the car and used my girlfriend's phone for the rest of the night. This is why I only got 1 picture of the place.

We got up to Coyote's around 8:15 and there wasn't a line anymore. The owner stood outside and looked like he was running a shady strip club. He had a cheap-looking double-breasted black suit on with a black, ratty-looking tuxedo shirt on underneath his coat. He just looked really sketchy. He had photo copies of his contract and a copy of the FedEx slip used in corresponding with the "promoter". He was stopping everyone to tell them that he had copies of his Agreement with the band and that Axl Rose and original members were supposed to show up between 10pm and 10:30pm. He said that he talked with the promoter at 9pm on Thursday night and he assured him that Guns N' Roses would play. He said that because we were skeptical and "knowing Axl's reputation", they were dropping the ticket prices from $20.00 each to $15.00. I would have paid $20.00 but that was even better. I figured that $30.00 would be worth the entertainment weather Axl showed up or not. There were several people outside with the contract in hand and they were all trying to call the phone numbers. Someone told me that they were fake- one was disconnected and the other was busy. My girlfriend has a copy of the contract in her purse, but I remember it saying that the bar was obligated to pay a $1,500 advance for the band to show up. $1,500 isn't shit!!! This guy is not out any money whatsoever, unless he gets sued. So we walked in to see what was going on.

The place was a real shithole. It sort of looked like the inside of Porky's riverboat in the Porky's movies. There were all of these security guys everywhere that appeared to be temporary hires. I don't imagine that too many black guys would work with these redneck people every weekend. I saw that you guys were talking about wrestling earlier. The main security guy looked like Catus Jack. He had a black leather vest and leather pants and was fucking huge! It seemed like he was in control of everything that was going on from a security standpoint.

We met up with Gibson and then Mike. It was cool to meet forum members. We all hung out all night. Mike's friend that was there with him had to be the drunkest guy in the bar. He was fucking hilarious! He was on the dance floor all over this dirty slutbag who seemed like she might be a Coyote's regular. That was entertainment. He, like everyone else in the place seemed to be having a good time. When I looked around, I never had the feeling that any of the people there were capable of causing trouble if they found out that everything was a hoax. 90% of the people there didn't even seem like they gave a shit if GN'R were there or not. There were about 500-600 people in the whole place- not 2,000. The Braves/Phillies game was on a large projection screen that covered the entire stage. From what I could see, the owner hired a production company that had quite a stage set-up for a bar like that. This explains the semi truck. They kept playing country music and a little Usher and shit like that all night.

The owner was clearly taking advantage of the situation he created by promoting GNR. The beers were $4.00 for 16 oz plastic bottles- Mike said that they were only $2.00 two weeks ago when here was there to get his voucher. There was a film crew walking around with video cameras and filming these fat chicks tearing up the dance floor. we asked some of the crew what was going on and they told us that they were filming a new commercial for the bar. There's no way I would be caught dead in their commercial.... In the meantime, the owner walked all over the place like he was on a mission and that he was getting ready for Axl's big arrival. Every time I would go to take a piss, there would be a few people in the bathroom saying things like "this is bullshit!" "Axl is a fucking asshole!" etc. A few people seriously asked me if I thought he would show up.

The AC/DC band took the stage around 11pm or so. The lead singer had long hair and the Angus guy, was kind of good, but really- Is Axl really going to allow a tribute band to open for him anywhere? NO. By this point, the club was still only 1/3 full. There was a lot of room to walk around the the balcony around the place seemed relatively empty. My girlfriend was a good sport about being there. She stood around and talked with Mike and Gibson all night but she didn't feel like being there and was getting tired of standing around. They did remove all the tables and chairs from the place. I recognized that she was ready to leave and I was sure that nothing was going to happen. I went and found the owner one more time and and asked him where Axl was, and he told me that he would be there in 20 minutes. We waited 20 minutes and left. We were out of there by 11:30-11:45.

I see this whole deal as a night that I will be laughing about for years to come. It was cool being in the same place with so many people wearing GN'R shirts- I had not seen that since I saw the real Axl in Chicago in 2002. I enjoyed meeting Mike and Gibson and will try to hang out again with them at the Velvet Revolver show coming up. BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if they comment about this deal on stage. VR will be here teh day after my birthday- May 6th. It was cool playing reporter to Darknemus so you could all be updated.

I only drove 45 mintes- 1 hour to see this circus of bullshit. I feel bad for this girl at the door when I got there. The owner gave his disclaimer speech to her and she said "I'm not turning away now after driving 2 days to get here".

I don't know.... I sort of think we need to ban together and take down this bar. Anyone have any good ideas? Let's call the major news papers and see if they are interested in taking up the story.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #485 on: April 23, 2005, 12:10:36 PM »

Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #486 on: April 23, 2005, 02:30:29 PM »

Why would a contract constantly mispell the bands name? Its Guns N Roses and not Guns and Roses.  no Sure its small but damn.
TheGun
Headliner

A splinter in your mind.

« Reply #487 on: April 23, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »

Honestly someone should get sued. Sure it is a small place but this is fraud and frankly there will be some people that think the real band crapped on everyone once again. I am guessing this management company is a sham or something. How long until they get called by fellow boarders I wonder?!?  Grin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #488 on: April 23, 2005, 04:00:34 PM »

see this shit pisses me off

Axl is getting blamed by stupid, fuckin ignorant people

u are not a GNR fan or an Axl Rose fan if u blame him for this bullshit and i petition that whoever calls axl any sort of name in regards to this hoax, should be banned immediately

im tired of this bullshit

im tired of so-called fans talkin shit about Axl when he had nothing to do with Atlanta.

Axl has missed a few shows things are so misleading

Axl has missed let's see, Montreal,Vancouver and Philly

3 shows out of what 500?

hardly 90%

Support Axl or please shut the hell up!!!!!!!!!!

GNR right now are Axl,Dizzy,Chris,Richard,Robin,Tommy and Brain

Izzy Stradlin will not be associated with GNR

im sorry some of u cant get off the fact that their is a new lineup

but those who are waiting for some old member to walk through the door, need to open their eyes and realize that its over

a new era of GNR is upon us.

Get the fuck over it already!

GOD DAMN IT!

some people dont deserve to even listen to Chinese Democracy

the negative retarded bullshit is so ridiculous.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 04:02:06 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #489 on: April 24, 2005, 05:09:02 AM »

see this shit pisses me off

Axl is getting blamed by stupid, fuckin ignorant people

u are not a GNR fan or an Axl Rose fan if u blame him for this bullshit and i petition that whoever calls axl any sort of name in regards to this hoax, should be banned immediately

im tired of this bullshit

im tired of so-called fans talkin shit about Axl when he had nothing to do with Atlanta.

Axl has missed a few shows things are so misleading

Axl has missed let's see, Montreal,Vancouver and Philly

3 shows out of what 500?

hardly 90%

Support Axl or please shut the hell up!!!!!!!!!!

GNR right now are Axl,Dizzy,Chris,Richard,Robin,Tommy and Brain

Izzy Stradlin will not be associated with GNR

im sorry some of u cant get off the fact that their is a new lineup

but those who are waiting for some old member to walk through the door, need to open their eyes and realize that its over

a new era of GNR is upon us.

Get the fuck over it already!

GOD DAMN IT!

some people dont deserve to even listen to Chinese Democracy

the negative retarded bullshit is so ridiculous.

Hey D, that is the best post I have read in a very long time about the band! My sentiments exactly. I kinda wish I had wrote it cos it says it all how it should be!! I just hope certain people read it and take note of it cos there are way to many ignorant and negative people out there! Brilliant!

fd50cct
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #490 on: April 24, 2005, 09:35:35 PM »

Although I knew Guns n' Roses wouldn't show up in Cartersville, GA, my best friend & I being long time fans drove the 45 mins to the club to see what was happening.  The owner/manager (his name is Pete Grim/Coyote's) of the club stood outside and gave the same speech to everyone & handed out copies of his "contract" he had w/ Bryant Management to prove that what he was saying was true.  The contract has "Guns and Roses" throughout the document but it did manage to spell g-n-r correctly a few times.  It specifically states that Axl Rose would be appearing w/ other original members of the band.  My friend and I stood and listened for 2 hrs just to see what he would say.  Two cops eventually showed up, took him inside & came back out w/ copies of the contract in their hands. 

Pete kept stating that he didn't know what to tell everyone b/c a lot a rumors had been circulating on the local radio stations, internet, etc.  He said that all he knew was that he had a signed contract & made a deposit for g-n-r to perform.  He continued by saying that based on Axl Rose's past behavior, he didn't know if he would show up or not.  He stated that at least 3 times in the time we stood out there.  He dropped the cover charge from $20 to $15 and said that if g-n-r didn't show up, he'd make an announcement and the opening act, Hell's Bells (an AC/DC cover band) would play an extra set.

I have a copy the contract and he included a copy his check that he sent the management company along w/ the fed-ex slip proving that he mailed it.  I used my cell phone & attempted to call all the numbers listed on the contract & each number was invalid.  I asked him if he ever saw anything in writing from the band & he said that he saw Axl's signature which I found interesting considering that he wasn't handing out copies of that contract.  He proceeded to tell us that the booking agent told him he would send birth certificates of the band members if necessary (yeah, right).     

When I asked him about the phone numbers being invalid, he said that the guy must have changed his cell number.  However, he kept telling everyone that he talked to the booking guy as late as 9pm the previous night?HuhHuhHuh?  I wonder how he was able to reach him.......

Of course, he came on stage at one point to tell everyone that they hadn't shown up yet but they were still looking for the tour bus.  About 20 mins later he finally came back & said they weren't going to show.  To make up for that, he gave everyone free shots of Jack Daniels.

This guy seemed like such a con artist, you were wondering where his top hat was and expected to see him twirling his mustache like those guys in the carnivals trying to sell their "magic tonic".   Someone should sue this guy.
fd50cct
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #491 on: April 24, 2005, 10:01:51 PM »

Just to clarify ---  no one is blaming Axl Rose.  This is in defense of Axl.  The club owner obviously lied (or someone did) and s/b sued for slander or whatever.  He's using Axl as a scapegoat & trying to make money off of their name and reputation.
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #492 on: April 25, 2005, 12:54:28 AM »

this is the funniest thing i've heard in a while-   i hope it happens again next week
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #493 on: April 25, 2005, 01:01:23 AM »

yeah but a lot of people at that club were sayin Fuck Axl he's an asshole blah blah blah

Its cool if people went or whatever, but i dont wanna hear any bullshit on here or digs at Axl because of some bastard conartist club owner.

I look for a lawsuit soon.

Axl will show up with original members?

When this thing explodes, it will be huge, no sneaking around bullshit.

the single will hit radio like a bullet, they will be all over TV, this isnt something that people are gonna have to sneak around and get lucky to see.

u cant be private in show business, they need as much publicity as possible, so its not gonna be done in secret.

Duff is wrong

u can write a simple rock song in 5 minutes but i dont believe that is what axl has in mind.

AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #494 on: April 25, 2005, 01:31:38 AM »

yeah but a lot of people at that club were sayin Fuck Axl he's an asshole blah blah blah

see, that's the problem... those people at the bar probably never heard that merck said this wasn't happening... hence they assumed axl just decided to no-show (as he has a history of doing at the last minute, and also as the bar manager seemed to imply to the audience)... so that's why they said axl was an asshole...

as i have said FOR THE PAST 2 WEEKS... management needed to do more than they did to stop the show from happening, or at the least make sure that EVERYONE who was thinking of going to the show knew that it WOULD NOT happen... IMO, management didn't do this enough, which is why it resulted in many people having a bad impression of axl after the show. and for anyone who says management may have done all they could, well i can think of a dozen more things they could have done to easily fix this situation.

so don't bitch at those people at the club who actually thought it was axl's fault. i'm sure if they knew that merck said it wasnt happening, they wouldnt have blamed axl.

now you know me better
AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #495 on: April 25, 2005, 01:48:27 AM »

And why didnt managment sue the bar owner or stop him from selling tickets before that night if they knew nothing was planned and he was lying?

How do you prove he was lying? He claims he had a contract with Axl.

I guess first you need to prove the contract isn't a valid one.... We don't know why they didn't stop them. Maybe they couldn't or just thought they did enough already.

Merck told AP Axl wasn't gonna be there. Somehow you'd think that piece of info would trickle down to some of the people who thought GN'R were playing. Maybe the radio station promoting the show could've mentioned in on the air.....

You can't expect Merck to fly down there and stand outside the bar handing out flyers saying "Axl's not performing tonight".

/jarmo

wow, do you really believe this?

you're telling me that if i write up a phony contract with a made-up phone number that doesnt work, that I too can start selling tickets saying that guns n roses will be appearing at my club in new york city... and that management HAS NO WAY TO PROVE I'M LYING??? wow! i'm totally gonna do that!

sheesh? yes... of course management COULD HAVE stopped this (see: Budapest). the fact is they didn't stop it, and i feel like the reason they didn't is the second reason you gave: they thought they did enough. Well, frankly, they clearly did NOT do enough (see: over 500 people showing up and paying money to see gnr, leading many of them to call axl an asshole because they thought he no-showed). it has been blatantly clear that they only wanted to exert minimal effort over this incident, and they felt like that was enough... which i think is very rude towards gnr's fans.

why you keep sticking up for management is beyond me. they made a mistake in how they handled this? no
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 01:50:42 AM by AxlGunner » Logged

now you know me better
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #496 on: April 25, 2005, 01:57:26 AM »

anybody dumb enough to think Axl Rose would play a small dive place like that deserves to be ripped off.

AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #497 on: April 25, 2005, 02:07:57 AM »

anybody dumb enough to think Axl Rose would play a small dive place like that deserves to be ripped off.

there are a lot of people who aren't hardcore gnr fans but just casual fans. do they deserve to be ripped off just because they aren't familiar with axl rose's personal preferences?

plus, the place held 2000 people, and supposedly used to get decent bands to perform there... so maybe some locals wouldnt see it as such a 'small dive place'?

now you know me better
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #498 on: April 25, 2005, 02:11:22 AM »

Duff is wrong

I guess if recording an album that sells 20 million copies worldwide in under 2 months is wrong, then I wouldn't want to be right. Appetite had some of the best guitar work of any album ever recorded, not to mention 3 anthem type songs that have withstood the test of time.

I know Axl doesn't want to just "make rock songs", but there is nothing he could be recording that is worth the time it has taken. 50 years from now every arena in the world will still be playing WTTJ, regardless of what is on CD. And SCOM will still be at the top of every guitar solo list, regardless of what is on CD. So I don't understand what he intends to record that is going to stand up and be remembered any better than Appetite is. Appetite shows that an inspired band can record a classic album very quickly......that is why Duff and everyone else that laughs at Axl is not wrong. Axl can spend 10 more years on it, and the first comment out of everyone's mouth will still be something along the lines of "why did it take so long" or "was this really 10 years worth better than Appetite was". And those are very valid and legitimate questions.

Excessive Time does not equate being better. What it means is you were either struggling to come up with ideas or whatever you recorded is crap. Otherwise there would be no need to continue tinkering and re-recording if you were truly happy with what you had recorded.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #499 on: April 25, 2005, 02:57:34 AM »

motley crue songs are played in arenas everywhere still as well, I dont think a song being a hit in arenas means anything.

just cause a song isnt played at sporting events doesnt make it any less classic.

also No album in the history of music has ever sold 20million copies in 2 months, 20 million in 18 years though would be accurate.

once again it hasnt been 10 years, i am gonna scream if i have to keep correcting people about this

Duff was still in the fuckin band 10 years ago.

axl spent several years getting familiar with computer technology, finding new band members with the right chemistry and working on music.

I would say they've been working on it for 6 years or so which is still a long time but we dont know what all has went on behind the scenes.

everyone's problem is Appetite For Destruction, people need to get off that cd, it was great an amazing album but not everything has to be judged against that cd.

i enjoy the illusions just as much if not more than AFD, there are other albums i hold in the same regard if not higher than Appetite For Destruction.

this isnt gonna be AFD part 2, just like VR wont be able to recreate AFD part 2

doesnt mean the songs wont be any less kick ass, but its not gonna be like Appetite, they are older,richer and in a different mindset now.

so the music will be great but different.

Estranged is my fav GNR song of all time but its not on the radio or played in arenas

i could give a fuck about commercial appeal or success but i guarantee it has a great shot at blowing everything GNR have done away with me and thats all i care about.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: