Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:24:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta  (Read 84760 times)
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #220 on: April 21, 2005, 01:16:03 PM »

The rest of what you said is just ridiculous bullshit that needs no comment.

/jarmo

sorry, i just figured, 'when in rome...'

also, i love how you have no problem with management allowing a potential riot to occur and be associated with the name 'guns n roses'. seriously, i commend that. really.

now you know me better
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #221 on: April 21, 2005, 01:18:02 PM »

also, i love how you have no problem with management allowing a potential riot to occur and be associated with the name 'guns n roses'. seriously, i commend that. really.

You go find the quote where I claimed that. Now go ahead..... I'll be waiting.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: April 21, 2005, 01:19:02 PM »

Axlgunner,

Maybe GNR management did issue a Cease and desist letter already. ?We just don't know about it and that is why they aren't or don't feel like it's necessary to speak up about it.

With all the legal shit Axl is dealing with right now, this is so minute in his world.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #223 on: April 21, 2005, 01:23:32 PM »

"all they have to do is issue a cease and desist, an injunction to get the bar to stop promoting the show, or issue an announcement that doesn't mention the bar by name, but still makes it clear that gnr will not be performing in georgia. none of those are hard to do, and i guarantee they should have been able to do one of those by now."

To issue a legal cease and desist injuntion you would have to name the defendent and what they are doing wrong, which would just give the bar free publicity. ?Anyone who believes GnR is coming down to Georgia is crazy.

Besides management claiming its not happening, look at that ticket, Wouldn't GnR be doing a show at a ticketmaster club or doing a show where they can spend more then 2 cents on a ticket I have never seen such a poor quality ticket in my life. ?Back in high school we had better tickets for our school play and that was for kid acting. If you want to believe any stupid story anyone could make one up, like

Hell next month GnR will be playing a 1 up show in Oklahoma where they will be shooting the video for TWAT, They will be playing a few other songs to "warm up" the audience then they will shoot the new video for the first single off of CD. ?Tickets will be limited and distributed through a coffee house on 1st ave for $5 a ticketso come by them fast because seating is limited to 50 people.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #224 on: April 21, 2005, 01:27:29 PM »

"all they have to do is issue a cease and desist, an injunction to get the bar to stop promoting the show, or issue an announcement that doesn't mention the bar by name, but still makes it clear that gnr will not be performing in georgia. none of those are hard to do, and i guarantee they should have been able to do one of those by now."

To issue a legal cease and desist injuntion you would have to name the defendent and what they are doing wrong, which would just give the bar free publicity. ?Anyone who believes GnR is coming down to Georgia is crazy.

Besides management claiming its not happening, look at that ticket, Wouldn't GnR be doing a show at a ticketmaster club or doing a show where they can spend more then 2 cents on a ticket I have never seen such a poor quality ticket in my life. ?Back in high school we had better tickets for our school play and that was for kid acting. If you want to believe any stupid story anyone could make one up, like

Hell next month GnR will be playing a 1 up show in Oklahoma where they will be shooting the video for TWAT, They will be playing a few other songs to "warm up" the audience then they will shoot the new video for the first single off of CD. ?Tickets will be limited and distributed through a coffee house on 1st ave for $5 a ticketso come by them fast because seating is limited to 50 people.

i think the 'free publicity' argument is overrated.

as for the ticket looking cheap, you are dead on.

now you know me better
AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #225 on: April 21, 2005, 01:32:22 PM »

You go find the quote where I claimed that. Now go ahead..... I'll be waiting.? ok

/jarmo

They told one of the administrators at MyGNR that it's not happening.

That's good enough for me.

/jarmo

you implied that management's statement on the issue is "good enough" for you. nevermind the fact that many other peole don't believe it and/or have not heard it even. hence, they may still go to the show and riot when gnr dont show up. since you said essentially that management has done enough in your mind, then they dont need to say anything else in your opinion that may discourage a fucking riot. ok

now you know me better
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #226 on: April 21, 2005, 01:45:15 PM »

you implied that management's statement on the issue is "good enough" for you. nevermind the fact that many other peole don't believe it and/or have not heard it even. hence, they may still go to the show and riot when gnr dont show up. since you said essentially that management has done enough in your mind, then they dont need to say anything else in your opinion that may discourage a fucking riot. ok

That's just stupid.

The fact that Merck told Madison is good enough for me, I don't need more proof that it won't happen. Madison doesn't have to supply me a written documentation of the authenticity of Merck's e-mail.

I don't think I mentioned a riot anywhere.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 01:55:38 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #227 on: April 21, 2005, 01:52:03 PM »

AxlGunner, you make it seem as though you want jarmo to take matters into his own hands right now and put a stop to this supposed show.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #228 on: April 21, 2005, 02:02:43 PM »

AxlGunner, you make it seem as though you want jarmo to take matters into his own hands right now and put a stop to this supposed show.

Hell yeah Pope Jarmo should of personally stopped this show himself a long time ago

Not to mention Pope Jarmo should of also told Axl last time they hung out to release CD already.

People need to relize he is just a GnR fan like everyone else, except he runs a nice website where fans can come for information he has no super powers. He isn't superman

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
eze
Headliner

Tough times never last... tough people do!

« Reply #229 on: April 21, 2005, 02:11:23 PM »

Hell next month GnR will be playing a 1 up show in Oklahoma where they will be shooting the video for TWAT, They will be playing a few other songs to "warm up" the audience then they will shoot the new video for the first single off of CD.  Tickets will be limited and distributed through a coffee house on 1st ave for $5 a ticketso come by them fast because seating is limited to 50 people.

Are you knocking Oklahoma?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #230 on: April 21, 2005, 02:11:40 PM »

More Cowbell thinks for ruining my Illusion the Jarmo  was superman.  Sad Cry

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2005, 02:13:36 PM »

calm down ladies.... geez even though I am an arrogant prick at times, I still know when I should stop.  Relax....

Back on topic, I have a friend in the ATL and he said he might give it a try friday if anything just to get hammered at a nearby bar and laugh at all the fans who are going out to see them. 
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #232 on: April 21, 2005, 02:14:06 PM »

I might be crazy.. but the most official thing we have to go by is what the people at the club say.. and from what the people who have been to club say it sounds like.. the owner really believes that gnr will be there.. I mean no business man in his right mind would sell tix blatantly false advertising a band.. here in the US people get sued all the time.. there is not way the owner is this stupid. ?Can he? ? ?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #233 on: April 21, 2005, 02:16:46 PM »

He isn't superman
He's superjarmo

You go find the quote where I claimed that. Now go ahead..... I'll be waiting. ?ok

/jarmo

/jarmo

So it's jarmo's fault that people are going to the show? He already said he thinks it's bs, what do you want him to do pm every member saying it's fake, seriously ?Roll Eyes

smoking Izzy ?smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #234 on: April 21, 2005, 02:18:10 PM »

I might be crazy.. but the most official thing we have to go by is what the people at the club say.. and from what the people who have been to club say it sounds like.. the owner really believes that gnr will be there.. I mean no business man in his right mind would sell tix blatantly false advertising a band.. here in the US people get sued all the time.. there is not way the owner is this stupid.  Can he?   

Maybe the owner really does think that they will show up .

He could be one crazy mother fucker.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
RichardNixon
« Reply #235 on: April 21, 2005, 02:27:12 PM »

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=495&ncid=762&e=4&u=/ap/20050421/ap_en_mu/music_minute_no_guns_show

Entertainment - AP Music

Georgia Club Hopes for Guns N' Roses Show

22 minutes ago   Entertainment - AP Music

By JANET MORRISSEY, For The Associated Press

Guns N' Roses fans nationwide started buzzing recently when Atlanta radio station 96Rock began advertising that the reclusive Axl Rose would be performing at a club in Cartersville, Ga., on Friday.

Even more exciting: Rose was said to be teaming up with former bandmate and songwriting partner Izzy Stradlin. The promo on the rock station's website promised a "three-hour set," with the $20 tickets limited to one per customer.

But it appears there will be no show. "Axl will not be there," GNR manager Merck Mercuriadis told The Associated Press.

Why not? The answer was unclear Thursday.

The radio station's program director, Jeff McMurray, initially stood by his promotion. He told AP he had seen contracts signed by Rose and Stradlin to appear at Coyotes, capacity 2,000. While he admits it seemed odd that a band of GNR's stature would play such a small venue, McMurray said it's not an unusual move for big-name bands. He recalled U2 and REM playing the Hurricane, a tiny club in Kansas City, a number of years ago.

But after further investigation, McMurray backtracked. "Although we have contracts stating that they'll be there, evidently (the contracts) are not from Axl Rose," he said.

The radio station promotions were pulled — but the club continued to promote the gig. On Thursday morning, a voicemail on the Coyotes' phone still said GNR was coming to town.

"I sent off a certified check. It was a legitimate booking agency," Coyotes manager Pete Grim said. "I had asked (the agency) several questions about the status of Guns N' Roses because I do know that Velvet Revolver is out and lots of the members from Guns N' Roses went there. But he assured me it wasn't the Velvet Revolver people — it was actually Rose and other original members."

Grim said he dealt with a booking agency called Bryant Entertainment. AP could not locate a phone number for the company. Strangely, the radio station would not provide a number. Requests to the radio station and club to pass on messages to the booker yielded no results.

The gig would have marked the first time that Rose — the Howard Hughes of rock — had performed publicly since promoter Clear Channel pulled the plug on his comeback tour in 2002.

The original GNR lineup imploded in the 1990s over egos and disputes over musical direction, leaving only Rose and keyboard player Dizzy Reed to continue under the GNR name. Partway through the comeback tour, Rose failed to show up for a gig in Philadelphia, causing riots, which led to the tour's demise.

Rose and his much-hyped album, "Chinese Democracy," which is 10 years in the making, have not been heard from since.

AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #236 on: April 21, 2005, 02:31:46 PM »

He isn't superman
He's superjarmo

You go find the quote where I claimed that. Now go ahead..... I'll be waiting. ?ok

/jarmo

/jarmo

So it's jarmo's fault that people are going to the show? He already said he thinks it's bs, what do you want him to do pm every member saying it's fake, seriously ?Roll Eyes

smoking Izzy ?smoking

how is it jarmo's fault?? why do you think i want him to do something?

i just find it interesting that the people who come here claiming the show isn't happening aren't looking at the consequences of management not getting the bar to stop promoting the show.

that plus that fact that he's being a dick to anyone who holds on to a glimmer of hope (even just 1% of hope) that something might happen just because he's worried that it will cause people to "call axl an asshole" gets me a bit annoyed.

now you know me better
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #237 on: April 21, 2005, 02:33:31 PM »

And finally, the AP gets involved.  This is actually a good thing.  Now does the club still keep promoting the show?  That's a good question.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #238 on: April 21, 2005, 02:36:49 PM »

And finally, the AP gets involved.? This is actually a good thing.? Now does the club still keep promoting the show?? That's a good question.

-darknemus

This thing is getting crazy! Nothing will happen!  rant

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Friedemann
« Reply #239 on: April 21, 2005, 02:38:18 PM »

"Axl will not be there," GNR manager Merck Mercuriadis told The Associated Press.

Grim said he dealt with a booking agency called Bryant Entertainment. AP could not locate a phone number for the company. Strangely, the radio station would not provide a number. Requests to the radio station and club to pass on messages to the booker yielded no results.

thanks dude

I think if it wasn't clear before it is now
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: