Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta  (Read 84698 times)
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2005, 12:32:22 PM »

Madison was told by Merck (i think it's on page one of the thread at mygnr.com) and it was also reported on Sp1at.com that it was a hoax and Merck said the bar was conning people and advised everyone to save your money because it was rubbish.

I'd link you to sp1at.com but the site was hacked and they lost all their info.
eze
Headliner

Tough times never last... tough people do!

« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2005, 12:36:31 PM »

I could also say Merck told me that is was a hoax. Ah the beauty of the net.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2005, 12:37:47 PM »

Wait a minute. You won't believe people who have been reliable in the past, but you will believe a bar in GA might hold a GN'R show?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
eze
Headliner

« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2005, 12:39:39 PM »

You you have taken my statement way out of context. I in no way shape or form believe this bar in Georgia, but do you know for sure Madison is indeed reliable?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2005, 12:40:45 PM »

Based on the times I've seen her post what Merck has told her, yeah.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
eze
Headliner

« Reply #205 on: April 21, 2005, 12:42:30 PM »

It could be just luck of the draw.
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2005, 12:45:35 PM »

Wait a minute. You won't believe people who have been reliable in the past, but you will believe a bar in GA might hold a GN'R show?

/jarmo

seriously man, are you just trolling for fights in this thread? you are taking people's posts way out of context. management is being extremely dumb in not getting the bar to stop promoting this show. There are hundreds of locals who dont read this board who have not heard management say the band will not show up. THEY WILL GO TO THE CLUB AND GET PISSED AT GNR WHEN THEY DONT SHOW. how is this a good thing? are you going to make fun of those people for not reading madison's obscure post from management? instead of blaming it on darknemus, like you love to do, for getting people's hopes up-- why don't you place the blame on the real culprits- MANAGEMENT. or are you not allowed to upset your webhosts? (sorry, that might be completely irrelevant to this discussion, but it was something that this conversation reminded me of)

now you know me better
eze
Headliner

« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2005, 12:48:11 PM »

If i said every rumour that has floated around the past three years was false. I would also be reliable.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: April 21, 2005, 12:48:20 PM »

Axlgunner,

Why are you so obsessed with putting a stop to a show that isn't going to happen?

And just because managment hasn't made itself public as to what steps it will take or in what time frame it will take them, doesn't mean they aren't concerned.

This is GNR. ?They move at their own speed.
eze
Headliner

« Reply #209 on: April 21, 2005, 12:49:25 PM »

they move at a dead turtles pace
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: April 21, 2005, 12:51:40 PM »

well, it seems to me that management wouldn't want to give this bar any publicity so we won't even know what legal steps they take.  Hell, do we know what legal steps are happening that caused the 2002 tour to cancel?  No. 
eze
Headliner

« Reply #211 on: April 21, 2005, 12:55:07 PM »

I don't think it is a publicity issue.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: April 21, 2005, 12:58:24 PM »

Well, what I am saying is we never know every legal detail surrounding GNR or how they handle something.

Maybe they don't see the ramifications like some on here do and think we blow it out of proporation or something.

I am just trying to say that the steps they (gnr mgmt) take we won't always know about it and that shouldn't be assumed that they aren't doing anything just because they don't talk about what they do.
eze
Headliner

« Reply #213 on: April 21, 2005, 01:00:41 PM »

Well, what I am saying is we never know every legal detail surrounding GNR or how they handle something.

Maybe they don't see the ramifications like some on here do and think we blow it out of proporation or something.

I am just trying to say that the steps they (gnr mgmt) take we won't always know about it and that shouldn't be assumed that they aren't doing anything just because they don't talk about what they do.

Very true
elmaestro
Rocker

Turn loose the swans that drew my poets craft...

« Reply #214 on: April 21, 2005, 01:04:04 PM »

they move at a dead turtles pace

F***ing hilarious!!!

This must be the post of the day!!!

And I thank you for that ?beer

On topic:

I want to believe, but for my own sanity, I'll go with managment....

The secret of the hanged man.... the smile on his lips...
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: April 21, 2005, 01:04:15 PM »

Very true

thank you Cheesy ? to think i wrote that without drinking any coffee to wake me up either Tongue
eze
Headliner

« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2005, 01:07:04 PM »

F***ing hilarious!!!

This must be the post of the day!!!

Take note Jarmo  Wink
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #217 on: April 21, 2005, 01:08:12 PM »

of course i dont know what is going on behind closed doors.

BUT, i can use past experiences to gain some insight into what may be going on.

here's what i know:

management stepped in immediately to get the radio station to stop promoting the show

when a similar hoax gnr concert was announced in budapest in 2003, management immediately put an end to it and got the police involved immediately. This is after roughly only 65 tickets were actually sold.

management has a history of issuing cease and desist letters to people wrongfully using the gnr name.

it has been 2 weeks since management found out about the show.

all they have to do is issue a cease and desist, an injunction to get the bar to stop promoting the show, or issue an announcement that doesn't mention the bar by name, but still makes it clear that gnr will not be performing in georgia. none of those are hard to do, and i guarantee they should have been able to do one of those by now.

my issue with getting management to stop the show that isnt happenening is that people are wrongfully using the gnr name for profit. this is morally and legally wrong. and it can have very bad consequences for the band and their public image. plus many people can get hurt if there is a riot (which others on this board also feel is a real possibility).

that, and there is nothing else to talk about, so i'm gonna talk about my complaints with management's handling of this situation.

Grin

now you know me better
eze
Headliner

« Reply #218 on: April 21, 2005, 01:11:35 PM »

all they have to do is issue a cease and desist, an injunction to get the bar to stop promoting the show, or issue an announcement that doesn't mention the bar by name, but still makes it clear that gnr will not be performing in georgia. none of those are hard to do, and i guarantee they should have been able to do one of those by now.

my issue with getting management to stop the show that isnt happenening is that people are wrongfully using the gnr name for profit. this is morally and legally wrong. and it can have very bad consequences for the band and their public image. plus many people can get hurt if there is a riot (which others on this board also feel is a real possibility).

My sentiments exactly!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #219 on: April 21, 2005, 01:12:27 PM »

There are hundreds of locals who dont read this board who have not heard management say the band will not show up. THEY WILL GO TO THE CLUB AND GET PISSED AT GNR WHEN THEY DONT SHOW. how is this a good thing? are you going to make fun of those people for not reading madison's obscure post from management?

There's not much I can do about the locals since I don't even live in the same country! Maybe you could fly down there and stop them from selling the tickets? ?Wink

What I can do, is to tell people who are reading this board that it's not happening, and that's what I'm doing.

instead of blaming it on darknemus, like you love to do, for getting people's hopes up--

I wasn't blaming him, but he should be aware of what his actions can cause. We're the ones who will have to deal with people yelling "Asshole Axl" when people get disappointed.

why don't you place the blame on the real culprits- MANAGEMENT. or are you not allowed to upset your webhosts? (sorry, that might be completely irrelevant to this discussion, but it was something that this conversation reminded me of)

Management didn't post on this board trying to tell people it could happen. Or did I miss something?

The rest of what you said is just ridiculous bullshit that needs no comment.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: