Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:13:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta  (Read 77419 times)
eze
Headliner

Tough times never last... tough people do!

« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2005, 02:04:50 PM »

Maybe it is a second rate redneck club in the middle of no where, but how are people like myself that do not live in Georgia supposed to know that? Hell for all I know it is the biggest club in Atlanta. Management is supposedly aware of this false/or not false advertisement. I guess we will find out Friday night. If it turns out to be a hoax the club owner needs to be sued pronto! Is anyone on the board from Atlanta?
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »

Maybe it is a second rate redneck club in the middle of no where, but how are people like myself that do not live in Georgia supposed to know that? Hell for all I know it is the biggest club in Atlanta. Management is supposedly aware of this false/or not false advertisement. I guess we will find out Friday night. If it turns out to be a hoax the club owner needs to be sued pronto! Is anyone on the board from Atlanta?

the poster above you lives in atlanta.
terozz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2005, 03:22:50 PM »

No offense to Merck but the only one that fans will trust is Axl, he should release a short statement that they will not be there.

Dude, you are retarded.  Axl should sit on his ass and do NOTHING.  He has a management team to take care of this kind of thing.  And for all we know, management has done their part.  Why give the fruitcakes at this RANDOM bar any publicity?

Of course GNR management would want to take care of the best interest of the fans, but they shouldn't have to protect a bunch of morons showing up to a show that doesn't exist.

Dude you are a retard - I'm just saying the the management or the band, who ever should be able to stop the promotion and make the Club put up posters/change the phone message etc. etc.  that it really isn't Guns N Roses.

But hey thanks for your smart comments.
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2005, 03:46:34 PM »

Dude you are a retard

Do people not read threads?

Refer to Wills comment on the previous page terozz.

Jeeshhh.

This is not happening people. Hello? GNR fans? I know we like to use our Delusions every now and again but this is ridiculous! Management have stated so, seems the club has been had over by a conman with a fake contract and so has the radio station.

How long will this go on?
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2005, 03:59:24 PM »

Ok, I think we covered the superheroes for now.

Superman got left out.  Grin  Sorry, I had to. Anyway, this whole thing seems very strange. I know the radio station isn't promting the show anymore, and the way tickets were being sold seemed odd as well. The whole fact that the Guns N' Roses name is being used at all without any consequences as of yet makes no sense whatsoever. But it is only Tuesday. I would hope that this club realizes what will happen Friday night if they don't say something before then. Someone should find out if the club owner has recently taken an insurance policy out on the club. Maybe he wants it to get destroyed.  rofl Seriously, I don't want anyone getting hurt. I was in the riot in Philly. It wasn't fun.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2005, 04:00:26 PM »

Dude you are a retard

Do people not read threads?

Refer to Wills comment on the previous page terozz.

Jeeshhh.

This is not happening people. Hello? GNR fans? I know we like to use our Delusions every now and again but this is ridiculous! Management have stated so, seems the club has been had over by a conman with a fake contract and so has the radio station.

How long will this go on?

pot, meet kettle.

if you happened to read this thread, you'd know that just about everyone says that axl won't show up. that's not the issue being debated. we are just curious as to why the club continues to promote the show. i don't understand it, nor do a bunch of other people. it can have some bad consequences if people show up expecting a gnr show and it doesnt happen.

now you know me better
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2005, 04:13:42 PM »

pot, meet kettle.

My" reading of threads" quote was aimed at  terozz as he called another poster a retard about three posts after Will stated the rules about name calling.

Hence the reason i used....

Underneath.

The other part was a rant because i dont like the fact that many GNR fans get bawled over by this sort of crap that seems to filter through on a weekly basis. (I didnt however make that clear)

We are constantly filled with false hope and optimism and it saddens me when i see people reacting excitedly to this sort of news, it saddens me because ive been there and ive felt what it feels like.
Now i just get on with my life...as all the others will learn too. Also i try to disway the false hope and optimism. As you may of seen.

For what its worth Axlgunner, right back in the day, i remember conversing with you about something or other when i first joined (maybe Faith No More, maybe not??) , your a good guy and on this thread, your points and opinions have been lapped up by myself as you speak with an intelligence i admire!

Like most other threads as well, i agree with you.

I think management should so something a little stronger to disway the optimism being created by this club/owner/conman whatever....cus i hate seeing Guns fans screwed, unless of course they are female and its me doing the screwing! Wink

AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2005, 04:34:48 PM »

pot, meet kettle.

My" reading of threads" quote was aimed at? terozz as he called another poster a retard about three posts after Will stated the rules about name calling.

Hence the reason i used....

Underneath.

The other part was a rant because i dont like the fact that many GNR fans get bawled over by this sort of crap that seems to filter through on a weekly basis. (I didnt however make that clear)

We are constantly filled with false hope and optimism and it saddens me when i see people reacting excitedly to this sort of news, it saddens me because ive been there and ive felt what it feels like.
Now i just get on with my life...as all the others will learn too. Also i try to disway the false hope and optimism. As you may of seen.

For what its worth Axlgunner, right back in the day, i remember conversing with you about something or other when i first joined (maybe Faith No More, maybe not??) , your a good guy and on this thread, your points and opinions have been lapped up by myself as you speak with an intelligence i admire!

Like most other threads as well, i agree with you.

I think management should so something a little stronger to disway the optimism being created by this club/owner/conman whatever....cus i hate seeing Guns fans screwed, unless of course they are female and its me doing the screwing! Wink

aight well thanks for the compliments. i know you've been around forever too. wasn't trying to start anything, just was getting frustrated by some of those people who yell at others in this thread about how everyone posting in this thread is dumb because this thing is clearly fake. we know that- its preaching to the choir.

anyway, cheers mate. a deluded sense of optimism is the fate of many a gunner...

now you know me better
AxlStaleyWeiland
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2005, 04:44:29 PM »

can someone post the club phone # again,

its a miracle how long we can stay in a world our minds created in a world thats full of SHIT
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2005, 04:48:06 PM »

aight well thanks for the compliments.
Just pointing out the obvious, nothing else.
i know you've been around forever too.
And you know, sometimes, i just wonder why i have been around forever, you would of thought id learn but i havent!
wasn't trying to start anything
This i know, your not D for god sake! Wink
just was getting frustrated by some of those people who yell at others in this thread about how everyone posting in this thread is dumb because this thing is clearly fake. we know that- its preaching to the choir.
Me too, but i vent my anger slightly differently. As seen.

anyway, cheers mate. a deluded sense of optimism is the fate of many a gunner...

And long will that continue it seems!

darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2005, 04:48:36 PM »

can someone post the club phone # again,

770-386-2337

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2005, 05:54:32 PM »

that is why, in my opinion, management needs to protect these "morons" as you call them who are gnr fans and will get screwed by this bar. why management has not done this yet is beyond me.

I disagree- IMO, management is in place to protect the band financially.? If someone is making money by using the GNR name, management WILL put a stop to it.? But as far as management releasing a statement, let alone Axl himself, is ridiculous.? Why give that shitty bar any free publicity?? What keeps me from making flyers and posting the all over town?? or anyone else?? IPersonally, I might be more inclined if I know GNR management would release an official statement with my Bar's name or location in it.?

where do you draw the line of when management will step in a release statements discounting these "fake" shows?

i think you're getting confused. i don't think management or axl needs to make an official announcement. i think they need to threaten to sue the bar for using the gnr name. this can all be done behind closed doors, and in the past management has been able to do this kind of stuff very quickly. it has now been over 10 days since they learned of this false promotion, yet the bar keeps it up. i hope something happens by friday.

edit: also, this may not be just the bar's fault. they seem to think there is actually gonna be a show. they signed a contract with SOMEONE. that means some promoter is falsely making money by pretending to represent guns n roses. this whole situation is a mess, and some people need to be told to stop before this gets out of hand, swiftly and forcefully.

Exactly, Axlgunner.

First, you send a cease and desist letter by overnight mail.? Then, if that doesn't work (and it obviously hasn't), you file an injunction against the club pending the outcome of the big freaking lawsuit you're filing, to stop the sale of tickets and any and all promotion.? Violating that injunction results in you landing your butt in jail.

It's not, really, a very hard process IF management wanted to really put their foot in the clubs ass.? Who knows...maybe they're waiting on the results of some sort of criminal investigation (edit: not activity, investigation)....though, again...why the club would continue to promote the show is just beyond me.

Again, the show is fake.? We know it's fake.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 08:51:52 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2005, 08:27:10 PM »

The funny thing is when Gn'R doesn't show up no one will really know if they were scheduled to play there or not because Axl doesn't show up for most of his gigs anyway. hihi

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2005, 09:03:48 PM »

LoL true..Its' fake first off.GNR wouldnt play in a small club in Atlanta.Id be somewhree in California..And this is all just due to the recent excitment of IRS

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2005, 09:45:19 PM »

You know what this reminds me of? The 'Beavis and Butthead' where they form a band and say the'yre Metallica, and the club owner bills it as 'Metallica featuring Beavis and Butthead'. Then there's a riot. Classic stuff.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
GunnerRose
Headliner

You can make my money Tonight!

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2005, 10:13:14 PM »

Okay, before I start...I will admit..Axl and the crew are not playing here in Catersville, Ga

As a member of the board I decide to drive up and see this place(28 miles away).

Here are the facts...
The place is a Country Bar
Metal Building ....Current status was closed
Parking spaces could fit a good 50 cars
Located next to a Christian bookstore
Two levels
No marquee and zero flyers on building
Looked inside to see Guns N Roses April 22 nd on a Dry Erase Board
Airport located in Cartersville
Hampton Inn had one room left....I booked it just in case
Looked on the Hilton Honors website.....all Hilton family hotels within 20 miles arent available
Called the bar across the street Alleys sports Bar-770-387-1885; I asked them....will you be open before the GUNS N ROSES concert next door? the answer ....Yes....Okay....so you know that GnR is supposed to be playin next door ...Yes
(dont pay attention to this....he sounded like he was shrugging his shoulders at the same time)

I can't possiblily think the Guns are playing there unless....this is a rehersal and Axl doesn't want to hear from the press he sucks....another Wild Ass Guess is....they are going to play CD and get a reaction----just kidding

Anyway, i thought it was my duty to go see.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2005, 10:16:24 PM »

No, really, lock this thread.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2005, 10:17:25 PM »

Well thanks very much for the info. It will be interesting Friday night when this "concert" is over as to what went on.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2005, 10:19:14 PM »

from what you said/wrote, seems as though it IS happening! am i wrong???

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2005, 10:19:20 PM »

It would be great to see him do something fuckin' nuts like this. I would love to see him place anannounced in a crap bar and grab some thunder that way. Doubt this will happen.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: