Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:54:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta  (Read 77366 times)
TheGun
Headliner

A splinter in your mind.

« Reply #460 on: April 23, 2005, 01:15:26 AM »

I have to admit, I hoped that it was a video shoot or something like they did before the illusions tours. You know, when they went in LA, then San Fran, then NYC, all unannounced until the day of or so... But it also occurred to me, even those were a big deal... So while I hoped for us all, I also knew there was less than 1% it would happen (but in GNR world who knows).

While i would not have wasted my money on things, you cant help but feel bad for the poor saps who actually paid 20 dollars to go. As most people do not follow these message boards, or anything, they get sucked into the lies and cheats who pray on the hope and excitement of the long suffering GNR fan who only has the dream that this will be the time. Sadly they are all going home 20 dollars more broke.

I do not believe a single person who is not a troll on this board did not at least for a second think that it would be awesome if this was the start... If it was some wierd way to get things rolling either for a video shoot or something. Sure, common sense probably took over but still, for that brief second I bet most of you at least wanted it to happen.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #461 on: April 23, 2005, 01:49:28 AM »

u people really disappoint me on this board sometimes.

how could any of u be stupid enough to believe that AXL FUCKIN ROSE would make his comeback in a little shitty fuckin nightclub and with Izzy Stradlin at that.

bit of advice

when GNR come back it will be something huge! no bullshit like this or a song leaked on the radio

they will need as much publicity as possible so stop believing bullshit like this.

i was an hour and  a half from atlanta today but did i go to this club?

fuck no

why

because it was 100 percent clear as day to see this was bullshit.

i dont know why any of u are disappointed, i mean u really thought this was true?

come on guys, use your common sense.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #462 on: April 23, 2005, 01:55:17 AM »

how could any of u be stupid enough to believe that AXL FUCKIN ROSE would make his comeback in a little shitty fuckin nightclub and with Izzy Stradlin at that.

bit of advice

when GNR come back it will be something huge! no bullshit like this or a song leaked on the radio

they will need as much publicity as possible so stop believing bullshit like this.

i was an hour and? a half from atlanta today but did i go to this club?

fuck no

why

because it was 100 percent clear as day to see this was bullshit.

i dont know why any of u are disappointed, i mean u really thought this was true?

come on guys, use your common sense.

I agree in your philosphical viewpoints, but they most likely will play a teaser show at a small club, albeit a famous one like the Cat Club, or Ritz.
Grass
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #463 on: April 23, 2005, 01:56:06 AM »

I do not believe a single person who is not a troll on this board did not at least for a second think that it would be awesome if this was the start... If it was some wierd way to get things rolling either for a video shoot or something. Sure, common sense probably took over but still, for that brief second I bet most of you at least wanted it to happen.

Right.? I'm a couple hours away and I thought about making the trip just in case. ?But common sense did take over. ?I hate to say it, but I'm glad it was a hoax all along.? I don't think I could've lived with myself had it turned out to be true and I missed it.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #464 on: April 23, 2005, 02:00:21 AM »

Anyone who really believed GNR was showing up there is a complete retard......regardless of what the owner was saying. Gnr is not going to show up and play some Hoedunk bar in Atlanta with no promotion. I don't care what the owner was saying or what the tickets said, everyone knew the hole thing was a farce.

I absolutley agree. If you're a regular reader of this, or another message board, and still went to this hillbilly club expecting to see GnR, you got exactly what was coming to you. How many times can you be told that there's no fucking way GnR is playing before you believe it.
Yes, if the average georgia fan heard the promotion, went to the club, paid the cover and expected to see GnR, they have a right to be pissed. But anyone on this board, with half a freaking brain who went has got to be a complete and total idiot. And I mean that in a nice way. I love guns fans, but good god, there is no way in hell this would happen. Listen to logic. Listen to Jarmo. Listen to Management. C'mon...for gods' sake!
chadj76
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #465 on: April 23, 2005, 03:09:56 AM »

Anyone who really believed GNR was showing up there is a complete retard......regardless of what the owner was saying. Gnr is not going to show up and play some Hoedunk bar in Atlanta with no promotion. I don't care what the owner was saying or what the tickets said, everyone knew the hole thing was a farce.

I absolutley agree. If you're a regular reader of this, or another message board, and still went to this hillbilly club expecting to see GnR, you got exactly what was coming to you. How many times can you be told that there's no fucking way GnR is playing before you believe it.
Yes, if the average georgia fan heard the promotion, went to the club, paid the cover and expected to see GnR, they have a right to be pissed. But anyone on this board, with half a freaking brain who went has got to be a complete and total idiot. And I mean that in a nice way. I love guns fans, but good god, there is no way in hell this would happen. Listen to logic. Listen to Jarmo. Listen to Management. C'mon...for gods' sake!

The funny thing with that logic is.......Gee, I don't know I had tickets to the Vancouver show in 2002 and that wasn't a "hillbilly club" and it was "confirmed by management" by guess what no show.................Actually how many shows on that OFFICAL tour could you say that about?  Geez, almost all of the North American dates.........

So don't feed me some bullshit line about "well it wasn't offical and management didn't confirm it"  Because even when they do, still a 90% chance Axl will flip or not show or some other lame ass exuse.

Don't damn me when I speak a piece of my mind 'cause silence isn't golden when I'm holding it inside
estranged.1098
« Reply #466 on: April 23, 2005, 03:46:49 AM »

That's a completely different issue...  Roll Eyes
DaBrookman
« Reply #467 on: April 23, 2005, 04:02:16 AM »

What I don't understand...if GNR's mngmnt will go as far as to place cease n desist orders for people on the internet, how in the hell could they allow this get so out of control?
Is it at all possible that there may have been some intent on GNR's part to play, but maybe Axl didn't feel up to it at the last minute?
Not to be naive, but how could this have gone as far as it did!?
Friedemann
« Reply #468 on: April 23, 2005, 04:15:06 AM »

well I'm glad I didn't stay up

Not to be naive, but how could this have gone as far as it did!?

we had this before but it was exactly my question: they can make the venue stop selling tickets in the blink of an eye. If you make false allegations you'll practically be sued in a matter of hours --- so how could the club promote this stuff for like two weeks or something?

I just think this infamous "Gn'r camp" doesn't give a damn about nothing --- neither about the fans nor about their own client Axl?
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #469 on: April 23, 2005, 06:40:21 AM »

Because even when they do, still a 90% chance Axl will flip or not show or some other lame ass exuse.

You should have called Axl a "heel". That would have made my day.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #470 on: April 23, 2005, 07:02:33 AM »

I think the reason management didnt do anythin is because they knew any real GnR fan wouldve known it was a fake. It would have been pretty cool, were it to have happened, but it was pretty obvious from the start that it wasnt going to happen.
estranged.1098
« Reply #471 on: April 23, 2005, 07:39:58 AM »

Management is not only for "real fans" or whatever that means.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #472 on: April 23, 2005, 07:59:21 AM »

K why do people call this a little shit club..Its bigger then the shows Axl played in Vegas in 2001..And why didnt managment sue the bar owner or stop him from selling tickets before that night if they knew nothing was planned and he was lying?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Friedemann
« Reply #473 on: April 23, 2005, 08:00:02 AM »

Management is not only for "real fans"

yeah --- it's not their job to bother what fans believe or don't believe.

their job is to keep their clients out of trouble, and we're talking about a legal issue here ---

dropping AP a line after being requested to do so and passing on word via dubious internet "sources" does not seem too professional to me

maybe they're just too busy with other burning issues so they don't have no time to care for representing the greatest rock band in the world
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #474 on: April 23, 2005, 08:18:35 AM »

bit of advice

Besides the original line-up performing together, how much more HUGE could a GNR fan hope for than a GNR show w/special guest Izzy Stradlin??!!??!!??? confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #475 on: April 23, 2005, 08:21:03 AM »

And why didnt managment sue the bar owner or stop him from selling tickets before that night if they knew nothing was planned and he was lying?

How do you prove he was lying? He claims he had a contract with Axl.

I guess first you need to prove the contract isn't a valid one.... We don't know why they didn't stop them. Maybe they couldn't or just thought they did enough already.

Merck told AP Axl wasn't gonna be there. Somehow you'd think that piece of info would trickle down to some of the people who thought GN'R were playing. Maybe the radio station promoting the show could've mentioned in on the air.....

You can't expect Merck to fly down there and stand outside the bar handing out flyers saying "Axl's not performing tonight".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Friedemann
« Reply #476 on: April 23, 2005, 08:27:02 AM »

that would have been a nice gesture on his part

I won't even suggest the possibility of running a decent official website
cineater
Legend

« Reply #477 on: April 23, 2005, 08:55:15 AM »

"I do not believe a single person who is not a troll on this board did not at least for a second think that it would be awesome if this was the start... If it was some wierd way to get things rolling either for a video shoot or something. Sure, common sense probably took over but still, for that brief second I bet most of you at least wanted it to happen."

So true.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #478 on: April 23, 2005, 10:08:26 AM »

i think it got some of us ready to jump at anything coming our way from g n' r.
 beer smoking
show em my moto'
peace and chicken grease !

the one an only horsey !
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #479 on: April 23, 2005, 10:12:06 AM »

I smell a lawsuit in all of this. At the very least the club owner should go after guy who came up with the contract for GNR to show up if indeed he is really telling the truth that he was duped.

And yes I do wish GNR did show.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: