Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:17:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta  (Read 84523 times)
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2005, 07:15:56 AM »

Just a quick update:

Its now about 7:15 AM local time, a bit less than 36 hours away from this supposed event.  Coyotes voicemail message is STILL promoting GNR appearing Friday night.  Tickets still available, Doors open at 7.  If nothing else, tomorrow should prove amusing.

Remember - if you go, be careful. 

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Friedemann
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2005, 07:18:11 AM »

Maybe it will be mini-Guns n Roses?

what do you mean? Midgets?
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2005, 07:21:15 AM »

Maybe it will be mini-Guns n Roses?

what do you mean? Midgets?

I'm guessing he meant this:

http://www.lilgnr.com/

-darknemus

Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2005, 08:04:54 AM »

I hope Philadelphia fans won't come to this high possibly 'non-show'  Grin confused
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2005, 08:14:02 AM »

could someone that lives in the are actually go to the club and speak to someone? .. that might be more informative than the voicemail.  i'm its 99% false.. but how can they sell tickets for the show?.. the owner of the club can't be that stupid...  this is all very interesting to me
DemocracyRose
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2005, 08:16:04 AM »

Im 99% sure that this is a hoax...

But theres still the 1%...............  Grin

I wonder how this turns out...
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2005, 08:16:46 AM »

Oh well, at least its an easy out for the club owner when GnR doesn't show.

Angry Mob: "What the fuck, you promised us GnR!!!!"

Club Owner: "I know, but you know that Axl, always pulling a no show and cancelling shit! Remember, no refunds..."
* walks away counting money

Goddammit its a Perfect Crime. ?Tongue
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2005, 08:24:51 AM »

could someone that lives in the are actually go to the club and speak to someone? .. that might be more informative than the voicemail.? i'm its 99% false.. but how can they sell tickets for the show?.. the owner of the club can't be that stupid...? this is all very interesting to me

Some posters have been to the club.  There's a guy by the name of mike91 who went the first Friday they were allowing tickets to be purchased.  There was some holdup that caused them to not be able to actually distribute them until 11 (the initial time was supposed to be like 6 or 7).  The owner, from what I understand, seemed convinced Guns is showing up.  As to why, I have no clue.  That's just the vibe I picked up from mike's post.  Perhaps he can elaborate.  I do remember something about the club owner waiting for a call from the promoter or something before he allowed tickets to be distributed - and apparently, he got that call.

-darknemus

Friedemann
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2005, 08:34:42 AM »

at least it's a fact that nobody can just print Guns N' Roses on their tickets and then get away un-asskicked. Heck, they even got the N' correct, didn't write 'N' or and ---

there's no way they'll get away through the backdoor if it ain't going to happen ---

I'm guessing he meant this:

http://www.lilgnr.com/

I don't think it would be 21+ then ---
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 08:41:51 AM by eMe » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2005, 08:37:46 AM »

I do remember something about the club owner waiting for a call from the promoter or something before he allowed tickets to be distributed - and apparently, he got that call.

Or he wanted to sell more beer....

People didn't believe GN'R would play officially announced dates back in 2001 and 2002. When you read some of these posts, you get a feeling that some people think that the probability of GN'R playing this bar, compared to those dates, is bigger.

If you've been told they're not playing, how can there be a chance of them doing that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2005, 08:52:37 AM »

Jarmo,

I, for one, dont think GNR are playing at this club.  Well, at least the logical part of my brain tells me they aren't.  But there are still some peculiarities here that weren't present in, for instance, the Hungary situation.  (Which is the closest thing I can come up with in approximation to this)

A. The length of time this has gone on.  This club has been promoting this show since at least April 8th - possibly before then.

B. Managements APPEARANCE (I'm not saying they haven't - I'm simply saying it doesn't appear that they have) that they haven't stepped in and issued this club some sort of "stop now, seriously" kind of order.

C. The fact that a local radio station was paid by the club, at least initially, to promote this show.  A Clear Channel station, nonetheless - which is kind of amusing, in its own right.

D. The supposed existence of a signed contract seen by the radio station

E. The club's continuing to promote the event about 36 hours before its supposed happening.. you would THINK that they would be aware of the consequences and would be smart.

The only conclusion I can draw from any of this is that the club, themselves, think Guns is showing up - now WHY they think that, I have no clue.  I do hope, though, for the sake of people's safety in the area, if nothing is going on and its just gonna be another normal Friday night in Cartersville, GA, then I hope SOMEONE steps in before people get hurt.

There are locals going to this show who have never been on a GNR board in their life - its those people that are really getting screwed by all of this.. managment may have issued denials through intermediaries on a message board or two - but seriously, to avoid chaos - I would HOPE that they would see a need to be a bit more.. aggressive in their approach here.

-darknemus

michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2005, 09:01:02 AM »

Has anyone actually bothered to pass this info on to management? I mean, they can't be on top of every little thing all the time. It's quite possible that they have no idea its going on.

As for the club owner/booker, I am leaning heavily towards a scam by a fake 'promoter'. Its not that hard to draw up a bogus contract and to lead on someone with false confirmations/phone calls/contracts. Then again for all we know they might actually play. Who knows for sure, stranger things have happened. But my gut feeling is that this is a total forgery and a scam.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2005, 09:06:13 AM »

Sure, it's weird that the bar is still promoting the event, but that doesn't really mean anything. Just like anybody else who thinks they're right, they'll find out one day that they were wrong.

And you should know about that...... Yeah, this reminds me of that other "incident". Back then some people were telling me how much proof there was and how the story didn't make any sense.

Oh, and even back then management said it was bullshit and some of you wouldn't believe it. Same thing here.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2005, 09:12:07 AM »

And I heard one more similar occurrence that some club claimed a GN'R show, which turned out to be a Steven's show.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2005, 09:14:03 AM »

Even if the real GNR did sign to play at this club, do you really think they would show?

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2005, 09:35:15 AM »

I'm telling you, its going to be lil GnR who shows up!!  hihi
Fretzo
Headliner

Ground control to Major Tom

« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2005, 09:37:19 AM »

Does anyone know if they've replaced Buckethead yet?
We know that Dizzy has another show that night.
If Axl does show up it could be a cool gig with just 2 guitars, bass, and drums or he could be playing his new CD like Mettalica did with the black album at MSG.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2005, 09:53:04 AM »

K i highly dought that there going to play..I think if theyb were it would be like at the Ritz,The Roxy or in Vegas or somehting..But i also dont know why managment hasnt denied this yet or why the club owner would do this?Very confusing

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
roxxi
Opening Act

« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2005, 09:57:49 AM »

Are they deliberately trying to cause a riot? ?no
eze
Headliner

Tough times never last... tough people do!

« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2005, 10:13:18 AM »

I was thinking the same thing. A riot would give the club some cheap pub. AS sick as it sounds, they could possibly be trying to cause a riot.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: