Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:31:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta  (Read 77475 times)
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2005, 10:22:28 PM »

wow...u actually cked this out?! I guess I would've done the same if it was in my neck of the woods  Embarrassed
Thanks for givin us the update, but I am lookin in my crystal ball and guessing that they will NOT be there 99.99% 
call me a pesimist

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2005, 10:36:37 PM »

Hell in the crazy world of GN'R nothing would surprise ,me not even Axl show up to this place and doing a show.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
kever20
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2005, 11:56:22 PM »

No GNR concert... sorry folks! It will never happen, least of all in a little bar!!! But yu know... they had me for a moment.. almost had me believing them... bastards...! Smiley

Convicted for murder,
The bastards run free
Out on parole, out on the prowl
Freed on the bail paid by the thief
Justice supreme, the liars all ream
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2005, 12:16:40 AM »

Just listened to the message.....doesn't say anything about any bands playing.  Just keeps saying this friday is guns n' roses, like the actual guns and roses not the band.
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2005, 08:31:15 AM »

Just a quick Wednesday, AM update on this mess.  As of now, the club's voicemail is still enthusiastically promoting GNR's appearance this Friday night.  We're now less than 60 hours away from this supposed showtime.  I am asking seriously, from the bottom of my heart here - if anyone here goes just to see what the hell is going on, PLEASE be careful.  The last thing you need is to suffer bodily injury because some drunk tool thought it'd be a good idea to toss a chair your way.

There are also reports, although unconfirmed, that other radio stations in the Atlanta area have mentioned this performance on the 22nd (within the last 12-24 hours).  I just don't see a 'good' outcome for this situation.. regardless of what's really going on.

Remember - be careful, be smart, and be alert.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2005, 09:04:29 AM »

Who would have thought that GN'R-concerts would be the last real adventures of the 21st century?

(Besides waging war against third world countries)

Restraint is for suckers.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2005, 09:05:46 AM »

Well, I just tried to call the bar and I let the phone ring at least 15 times and then a recording came on that said this:

"we're sorry, your party is not answering. ?Please try your call again at another time".

this is all bullshit and i don't know why this thread is still going.
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2005, 09:09:45 AM »

maybe you called a different number?

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2005, 09:10:20 AM »

Well, I just tried to call the bar and I let the phone ring at least 15 times and then a recording came on that said this:

"we're sorry, your party is not answering. ?Please try your call again at another time".

this is all bullshit and i don't know why this thread is still going.

That means that someone else is on the phone with them or their voicemail crashed. ?Give it a few minutes and try again. ?Unless they pulled the recording in the last hour, then its still as I said it was up above.

-darknemus

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2005, 09:25:58 AM »

tried to call it again and it rang at least 10 times and the message said,

"memory is full"

then it went beep, beep and I hung up.

i don't think the bar is promoting anything anymore.
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2005, 09:29:25 AM »

tried to call it again and it rang at least 10 times and the message said,

"memory is full"

then it went beep, beep and I hung up.

i don't think the bar is promoting anything anymore.

Sounds to me like their voicemail box is full.  I'd think if they pulled the recording, they'd have something else in its place.  Sounds more like a capacity issue to me.  Like I said, when I called a little over an hour ago, the recording was still on there.

Hey, if they pulled the recording - then great.. I tend to doubt it, though.

-darknemus

eze
Headliner

Tough times never last... tough people do!

« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2005, 09:59:01 AM »

I'm glad someone actually checked out this place and is going to the bar friday night. This will be interesting how this plays out.
coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2005, 10:22:33 AM »

yeah it will be interesting, yet it might be a catastrophy waiting to happen.  I mean a little bar with nut swingers flocking to it, could spell disaster,I just hope no one gets hurt, but like you said it will be interesting what turns up, or shows up hihi.  I called the number as well and was thinking; The guy on the recorded voice message said something along the lines of " home of guns n roses.  I dont know how they are spelling it, but when he said that, they probably couldnt get in trouble for false advertisement, but that sly phrase can bring more people out, but maybe they didnt expect this much publicity.  They should know the frenzy of fans that will go great links to see there band play.  We all know that Atlanta isnt home to gnr, that makes me believe its a cover band.

I am suprised that know one on the message board that is from there, knows who this band is, it would seem that they would know who it was, since the club guy confidently seems like the locals know who in the hell it is?

pretty weird, peace out gunners peace
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2005, 10:23:44 AM »

Just a quick Wednesday, AM update on this mess.? As of now, the club's voicemail is still enthusiastically promoting GNR's appearance this Friday night.? We're now less than 60 hours away from this supposed showtime.? I am asking seriously, from the bottom of my heart here - if anyone here goes just to see what the hell is going on, PLEASE be careful.? The last thing you need is to suffer bodily injury because some drunk tool thought it'd be a good idea to toss a chair your way.

There are also reports, although unconfirmed, that other radio stations in the Atlanta area have mentioned this performance on the 22nd (within the last 12-24 hours).? I just don't see a 'good' outcome for this situation.. regardless of what's really going on.

Remember - be careful, be smart, and be alert.

-darknemus

And bring a cell phone, preferably with IM access..... Smiley

And ensure that your buddylist contains SOMEONE from this board...so you can pass along the minute by minute updates. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2005, 10:25:57 AM »

All of this drama about riots and Guns N Roses is overdone. No one is going to riot about GNR ever again, because aside from the people on the boards (us), no one really cares that much!

colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2005, 10:34:05 AM »

people in Vancouver, B.C. on November 7, 2002 and Philadelphia, PA on December 6, 2002 seemed to care enough to riot.? ?no

this entire hoax sounds like a bad cover band promotion to me? Undecided

also, notice that Cartersville, GA isn't Atlanta or even Marietta, GA

To say what we are thinking.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2005, 10:51:18 AM »

Here's my post (theory from another thread)

1) Maybe the club said "tonight: guns and roses" (first band: guns, second band: roses, that's how they can promote themselves without legal troubles) [just my theory]

2) IRS is sourced from the radio, 2 years ago, I belive that MORE than one people did record the radio as soon as they listen a "new gnr rarity". The guy who recorded this, tried to trade the song with some big bootlegers (looking for other rare rare stuff) and then picked a funny date to put the mp3.

most rational thoughts I've heard
come on ppl....give it a break--if Axl wanted to "promote" guns, dont u think he'd try something a bit better than some poor-quality internet leak?

First off, I would like to say that I'm pretty sure nothing will happen this Friday, but...

Of all the members who are "doing their own thing right now" the only one who is apparently busy this Friday is Dizzy. And his site says in Florida from April 20-23. (Doesn't say everynight though. I emailed Rumrunners for info for the Friday Show); Richard doesn't start touring w/ Nena untile the 28th; Tommy is off on Friday; We don't know anything about Robin, Brain, Pittman and Axl.

So lets say Dizzy actually is busy then my point is useless, but if Dizzy is not in florida there may be a (very, very) remote possibility that thay could do some filming there for a Video say. then while Richard is busy in europe they could release a single, a video and generate a bit of a buzz, then when Richard is through with his commitments then GnR could release the album and tour. IF they do this it is unlikely that they would want to much exposure. So then it would make sense to have management play the Coyote's thing down and Dizzy make a big joke out of it. (If this bar was exploiting the GnR name do you think he would be willing to come generate revenue for them, I don't) GnR is not going to want to have thousands of fans (or even a thousand) in a bar that has a parking lot for 50 cars. Am I right?

As far as the IRS leak, the quality was just good enough to get a good idea of what the song is like, if people wanna hear the real thing then they have to buy the album when it's released, (again its a mute point if IRS is not the first single). So I wouldn't rule it out as being an intentional leak.

Lots of weird little coinky-dinks going on right now is all.

This is the email I sent to Rumrunners.

Will Dizzy be playing this Friday, April 22? If so how much are tickets and
what is availability like? Can I wait until Fri or should I purchase in
advance?

This morning I received a reply email,

Mike, he will be playing Friday, at around 9:30.  Tickets are $5 and can be
purchased in advanced to secure entry by calling 850-351-1817. Or you can buy
them at the door depending on availability.

So that's it, no show. Unless GnR is gonna play w/out Dizzy, which I doubt. (Kinda pointless to shoot a video with a member missing)

lmook
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2005, 10:53:15 AM »

So, I live in this little apartment on top of a Christian book store in a suburb of Atlanta, GA. ?Last night 2 limos pulled up and a bunch of people were rushed in to the nextdoor building. ?I didn't think much of it, except it's unusual for limos in this part of town. ?I thought it must be some semi-famous county star or something. ?

Well my bathroom window overlooks the second level of the club next door. ?The window was open and I saw this scrawny guy w/ a bunch of tats, wearing a kilt and a catcher's chest protector. ?He was hanging out with a guy in leather, with a top hat and a les paul. ?They were just in earshot and I could hear them talking about a reunion of some sort and and a new album or something? ?I wonder what this all means?

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2005, 10:58:29 AM »

Axl is not crazy enough or dumb enough to do this, and despite what this BAR is promoting,
people should please try and use their brain and just ignore it.
I would guess that there's a good chance the band hasn't even rehearsed together as a full functioning unit in over 2 years. And now Axl says lets travel across the entire country to some metal shack country bar, as their big "Secret gig returning to the stage".

There won't be a riot, because there's no way anyone with any amount of sanity would take this bar seriously. And on Friday night, before people go in, I'm sure they won't take their cover charge without telling people what to expect. And if they do, the bar deserves whatever it has coming to it.

The next GnR live show will be in LA, Vegas, NY or at a festival in europe or South America.
Not in a god damned country bar in the middle of nowhere. Christ, can you even think to begin what kind of security Axl would need to play in a bar like that? I'm guessing the dressing room is the size of a bathroom.
This is ridiculous.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2005, 11:03:17 AM »

So, I live in this little apartment on top of a Christian book store in a suburb of Atlanta, GA. ?Last night 2 limos pulled up and a bunch of people were rushed in to the nextdoor building. ?I didn't think much of it, except it's unusual for limos in this part of town. ?I thought it must be some semi-famous county star or something. ?

Well my bathroom window overlooks the second level of the club next door. ?The window was open and I saw this scrawny guy w/ a bunch of tats, wearing a kilt and a catcher's chest protector. ?He was hanging out with a guy in leather, with a top hat and a les paul. ?They were just in earshot and I could hear them talking about a reunion of some sort and and a new album or something? ?I wonder what this all means?

Sure you do....

Before some people start believing your story, this guy doesn't even live in the right state.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: