Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:55:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The 15 Tracks Rumor
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 15 Tracks Rumor  (Read 4725 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: April 20, 2005, 03:15:34 PM »

During the few weeks this site was down someone posted at the mygnrforum that Axl had turned in 15 tracks to the record company. Has this rumor already been shot down?

madagas
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 03:41:48 PM »

This is a pretty substantial rumor if true. I believe it allegedly came from Fortus. Axl said in 1997 he was going to release a record of twelve songs with three b-sides. I really don't believe he has turned the album over to the record label yet but if it's true then that is obviously huge news.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 03:47:51 PM »

I think it came from a friend of a friend of a old friend of .........of a friend of a certain Richard.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 03:52:50 PM »

I think it came from a friend of a friend of a old friend of .........of a friend of a certain Richard.

That's right, I believe you are correct.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 04:47:05 PM »

We'll  have to wait and see!

EEEERRRR Little boy
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 04:56:54 PM »

15 tracks sound good for me.
5 Pure aggressive/energetic Rock songs (ala welcome to the jungle/paradise city)---> Energizing songs
5 epic-piano songs (ala Estranged/november Rain)---> complex/melodramatic/majestuous songs
5 mid-tempo Rock/blues-Rock songs (ala SCOM, the blues etc..)---> singles, to hit the general public.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 05:18:01 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 05:07:11 PM »

I know I might get flamed for this but I'm still holding out hope for a 2 disc CD.  Or at least an enhanced CD. Wink

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 05:09:46 PM »

5 Pure aggressive Rock songs (ala welcome to the jungle/paradise city)---> Energizing songs
5 epic-piano songs (ala Estranged/november Rain)---> complex/melodramatic/majestuous songs
5 mid-tempo Rock/blues-Rock songs (ala SCOM, the blues etc..)---> singles, to hit the general public.
Could be:
5 indus songs (ala Silkworms)
5 techno songs (ala Silkworms)
5 Pure Agressive Rock-techno songs (ala Silkworms)

hihi rofl

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 05:13:53 PM »

I know I might get flamed for this but I'm still holding out hope for a 2 disc CD.  Or at least an enhanced CD. Wink

Your not gonna get flamed my friend, if we got that, it would be awesome...
However, lets just have something first!

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 05:15:36 PM »

5 Pure aggressive Rock songs (ala welcome to the jungle/paradise city)---> Energizing songs
Could be:
5 indus songs (ala Silkworms)
5 techno songs (ala Silkworms)
5 Pure Agressive Rock-techno songs (ala Silkworms)

hihi rofl
lol. I don't think Axl wants to be assassinated Grin

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 06:05:28 PM »

then it will have less on it than use your illusion 1.

i suppose though the less tracks there are, the less pain i have to go through listening  to it.  Cry

html sucks
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 06:26:27 PM »

i suppose though the less tracks there are, the less pain i have to go through listening? to it.? Cry

So you think it's gonna be a poor album?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 06:29:05 PM »

yes, i dont like all this keyboard stuff hes doing and the songs just arnt my style.
i just dont like the line up he has nowadays

html sucks
Eric
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 06:35:58 PM »

If Axl submits 15 tracks, does the record company have the option or releasing 12, for example? Do most record companies choose which song will be the single? (dirty little thing insteaed of sucker train blues, by VR for example)?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 07:14:20 PM »

i suppose though the less tracks there are, the less pain i have to go through listening  to it.  Cry

heres an idea .. dont buy it or listen to it all. No pain!

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 07:21:36 PM »

yes, i dont like all this keyboard stuff hes doing and the songs just arnt my style.

- I think it's gonna be a more Classic-Rock record than you think. I perfectly know how you feel because I felt the same during several years, if you know me I'm probably one of the most "anti"-full keyboard/indus/industrial guy in the whole GN'R community. But I think (and hope) that Axl is enough intellligent to know the risk of releasing a record like that for a brand name like "Guns N' Roses". People will never accept that, not for GN'R. That's why he will not make that mistake. I hope he is enough intelligent to change his mind. Believe me, it will be a very guitar oriented album, with some modern touches (face it, we're not in 1987 anymore), but it will be a Rock record.
- Concerning the line-up, I can understand you. Comparing to the old band, it's a huge step back.Sure they are not worldwide Rockstars, sure they are not wonderfull to watch, sure they haven't the same chemistry/vibe/feeling and CHARISMA than the legendary old band, but...give them their chance. The most important is the music. They are all very good musicians.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 07:32:16 PM by nesquick » Logged

bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2005, 07:48:30 PM »

- I think it's gonna be a more Classic-Rock record than you think. I perfectly know how you feel because I felt the same during several years, if you know me I'm probably one of the most "anti"-full keyboard/indus/industrial guy in the whole GN'R community. But I think (and hope) that Axl is enough intellligent to know the risk of releasing a record like that for a brand name like "Guns N' Roses". People will never accept that, not for GN'R. That's why he will not make that mistake. I hope he is enough intelligent to change his mind. Believe me, it will be a very guitar oriented album, with some modern touches (face it, we're not in 1987 anymore), but it will be a Rock record.
- Concerning the line-up, I can understand you. Comparing to the old band, it's a huge step back.Sure they are not worldwide Rockstars, sure they are not wonderfull to watch, sure they haven't the same chemistry/vibe/feeling and CHARISMA than the legendary old band, but...give them their chance. The most important is the music. They are all very good musicians.

I totally agree if people want to bash the new line-up at least wait till you hear the album and then decide as you cannot judge them on a couple live tracks

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2005, 08:02:57 PM »

yep. For exemple, I used to bash the new line-up a lot, but I finally changed my mind (thanks to the BH departure). I see a lot of potencial and I do think this new line-up could be one of the best Rock band in the world. The album just needs to come-out. Although I could never be a "fan" of the new line-up (the reason is very simple: it's a human problem, I miss too much th old guys, they changed my life!), I still think the music will be great.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2005, 08:45:16 PM »

What about the double cd rumor?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Kitano
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2005, 09:12:05 PM »

At this point i don't care about double cd's or enhanced cd's or a cd with a photo of axl's cat on it.  I just want to hear some freakin' music.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: