Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:53:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stinson on Fourth Quarter Release
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stinson on Fourth Quarter Release  (Read 9046 times)
Boromir
VIP

« on: April 19, 2005, 11:41:06 AM »

One of our readers asked Tommy Stinson in Portland if CD was going to be out in the last quarter.
He replied, 'That's the plan'.

No other information was attained as he was allegedly avoiding GN'R questions that evening,
as were ACS.

source : http://www.sp1at.com

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 11:45:55 AM »

Yeah, seeing as he claimed it was a hair's breath away or something like that a year or so ago, I am not going to hold my breath that he has any clue as to what he is talking about. This is more than 6 months away, and there is a ton that can happen between now and then.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 11:51:38 AM »

Yeah, seeing as he claimed it was a hair's breath away or something like that a year or so ago, I am not going to hold my breath that he has any clue as to what he is talking about. This is more than 6 months away, and there is a ton that can happen between now and then.

Was that comment before or after BH quit?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 11:54:33 AM »

So there is a plan.

That's good news.

I guess.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
WanaBGunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 12:06:17 PM »

He's been saying that for 3 years now. And every time, everyone on this message board goes "This is it, they will wait till late year because of this and that. And that mars, Jupiter, and Saturn will be aliened, and blablabla. I have a feeling it will come out."

This is dumb, every time he says this GNR fans are like, well it must be true because I cant possible see it waiting another year, BUT it never happens, every time. I've said this 3 times already. The last time I said "It wont be out in the spring of 2005" and now for the fourth time im saying, It wont be out this fall.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 12:08:11 PM by WanaBGunner » Logged
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 12:51:18 PM »

Go and sit in your negative little world and tell yourself that the album wont be coming out in whatever part of the year you choose! We are nearly there people! Its coming soon!!!

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 12:53:26 PM »

Was that comment before or after BH quit?

After. In August/September, 2004.

For me this Tommy comment means that he no longer believes what Axl tells him about the release, since it's only a 'plan'. Doesn't mean anything. ?no

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 01:04:11 PM »

Try to understand it musn't be easy for Tommy. He is not responsible of the situation. I heard a lot of people saying "Tommy is a liar, he always says the same things "etc... but he doesn't own the CD release date. He doesn't decide of it. Tommy is a a smart guy. He is very likely as frustrated as us, maybe even more. I agree to say the situation is pathetic, but it's not Tommy's fault.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 01:08:02 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 01:11:18 PM »

Tommy has no idea, the 'band' has no idea. Axl sometimes has ideas but is as fickle as hell.

I think Axl's vision is a kaleidascope.

He needs to join the fuckin army or live in squallor or something...come back with less delusions of granduer....wlatz into the studio with steve albini and record the damn thing in a week. Nirvana style....cos at this point if the live bands sound (with minor studio tweaking) isnt good enough.....give up.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 01:20:12 PM »

I think we have to wait again... We cant do more.

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 01:37:41 PM »

I think we have to wait again... We cant do more.

We never could.

But I hope the situation isnt lost on Axl. I just wish someone would stand up to the guy.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 01:50:56 PM »

I just wish someone would stand up to the guy.
and brings him a stylist also (sorry Axl)? Grin

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 01:54:28 PM »

"Yea we are almost there. Its coming soon. Its really really close. We are nearly there."

[I don't mean what I am about to say to anyone particular]

Sit down, and shut the fuck up already! Saying it is coming soon "for real this time," makes you sound like a big fucking anal douche.

The majority of us, have been waiting so long that someone who knows shit coming in here and saying it is coming soon, is really annoying. I also think the majority here have accepted the FACT that it may not be coming anytime soon, because we have been hearing the same blah blah blah for years.

It aint negative son, it just is.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 02:01:24 PM »

The best thing for Tommy to do is just say no comment . cause I think it's pretty clear that he has no fuckin idea when it's going to come out.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005, 02:04:11 PM »

I just wish someone would stand up to the guy.

Well, unfortunately the way the band is constructed no one can do that to him out of fear of being fired. This is one of the problems with constructing a band of paid employees....VS. having a band of equal partners. In old GNR, when Slash or Duff or Izzy would get on Axl about hurrying up, they could do so without fear of being fired. Now a days, if Finck or Fortus or any of them really laid into him about getting off his ass and doing something, he could tell them they're fired and aren't getting a paycheck anymore. Bit of a difference between the 2 situations.

It's like having an argument with a family member as opposed to having an argument with your boss. You are much more guarded in your comments to the boss than the family member, because the repercussions are entirely different between the 2.

The fans are the ones left in the cross hairs because there is no one involved in the band with the power to put any pressure on Axl, which sucks because he has shown a complete inability to release music without being pushed to rap it up and get it done.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 02:42:42 PM »

i can totally understand any and all fans not 'holding their breath' for this fall.. this winter... or any other proposed planned time

what i can't understand is the attitude that 'someone needs to stand up to axl and force him to blah, blah, blah'

IF you are a stockholder in UMG then maybe you could claim some right to know how UMG is spending its money -
not that you could have any SAY in the matter...? (Please NOBODY GO RUNNING OUT TO BUY Vivendi/Universal STOCK!! LOL!)....

Axl is a privately contracted recording artist for Geffen/Interscope.

It is not like he is a? scientist commissioned by the government (paid by our tax dollars) and is witholding a cure to a terminal illness or keeping secret a formula for cold fusion...? ?
i could see if that were the case then we and the whole world could be in an uproar demanding that he be forced to release it to the world.

short of that, IMO,? its really presumptous to have this attitude of "ooo that so and so Axl.. he better .... blah, blah, blah"

calm down people...? ?peace
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 03:02:12 PM »

Tommy is a a smart guy.

Haha ok, now I am sure there are plenty of you here who are against formal education.  I have heard it before... "oh the SATs dont measure shit", "I am a bad test taker", "school just doesnt serve my needs", etc....  but I am sorry, I cannot believe for a second that all of the members of this band are as intelligent as you think they are.  I dont know why I am getting this topic so sidetracked, but I am personally sick of people talking about how intelligent Axl is along with the rest of the band.  What is your basis for this?  What makes them smart people?  Hell at least Duff is pursuing a college degree... I still dont think the guy is a genius (I just listen to him talk) but I respect the hell out of him for trying to educate himself.  Just a random comment that I felt I had to make.

Back on topic.... the album is never coming out.   As for all of you suckers who have had your hopes up since the End of Days soundtrack was released, I always have a great time reading your comments to other people who use logic and reasoning about the chances of this album being released.  Keep em up!
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 03:49:38 PM »

"Yea we are almost there. Its coming soon. Its really really close. We are nearly there."

I believe your right! Who cares what other people say  ok

StoneTempleRoses

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 04:09:30 PM »

Tommy is a a smart guy.

Haha ok, now I am sure there are plenty of you here who are against formal education.? I have heard it before... "oh the SATs dont measure shit", "I am a bad test taker", "school just doesnt serve my needs", etc....? but I am sorry, I cannot believe for a second that all of the members of this band are as intelligent as you think they are.? I dont know why I am getting this topic so sidetracked, but I am personally sick of people talking about how intelligent Axl is along with the rest of the band.? What is your basis for this?? What makes them smart people?? Hell at least Duff is pursuing a college degree... I still dont think the guy is a genius (I just listen to him talk) but I respect the hell out of him for trying to educate himself.? Just a random comment that I felt I had to make.

Back on topic.... the album is never coming out.? ?As for all of you suckers who have had your hopes up since the End of Days soundtrack was released, I always have a great time reading your comments to other people who use logic and reasoning about the chances of this album being released.? Keep em up!

Any reasonably intelligent person will note the difference being expressed by those who say "the album is NEVER coming out" and those who "use logic and reasoning about the chances of this album being released".

While reason and logic would dictate that there is a chance the album won't come out - the same reason and logic equally allows for the chance that the album will come out.

Arguing that "the album is never coming out" as though its supposed to be some sort of fact that some fans are denying is TOTALLY IDIOTIC.... and demonstrates nil intelligence on the part of those who present it as such (fact).

btw: you don't have to go to college to figure this out.

As for Axl, Tommy, or anybody else's intelligence... there are all kinds of intelligence. 
In my opinion those who pursue the intelligence that makes the most positive impact on their life are those who are 'the smartest'. Wink
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 04:39:17 PM »

Eva,

It was directed at those who 'attack' people for being, according to those who attack, 'too negative'.  We have heard the same song dance for how long now?  Has the album come out?  No it hasnt.  So for some one to be cynical or even (gasp) negative about comments from the members of the band regarding the release of Chinese Democracy is not unwarranted.  Then when I read people attack them, I crack up. 

As for my argument.  I have given my explanation as to why it is not before.  While I maybe should have clarified that in my above post, I did not feel like it at the time. 

Back to the comment about "all kinds of intelligence".  This comment always cracks me up and I was waiting for the first person to mention it.  Have you noticed that everybody is smart nowadays?  There is not one person who is stupid out there anymore (except me of course... I want you to come up with a better comeback than that).  And right about now is probably the time when you want to bring up emotional intelligence, street smarts, body intelligence, etc.....  aka cop outs for intellectually challenged people. 

The last line you wrote is very true...  it is the one thing you said that I pretty much agree with. 
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: