Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:59:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  depression
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: depression  (Read 15835 times)
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2006, 05:07:32 AM »

first of all u should try to understand if u are really suffering from depression. just remember that depression is very common (15% of the population suffers from it) so theres nothing to be ashamed of.

here are some questions that u should ask yourself in order to clear things up:

-how is your mood?
-do u cry often?
-do u still enjoy things u used to like?
-do u feel tired?
-are there some things u find interesting/enjoyable?(e.g. listening to gnr?)
-can u concentrate? when u read the paper or watch the news can u remember afterwards what u read or saw?
-do u get angry easily?
-do u get panic attacks?
-do u suffer from headaches?
-does your mood change during the day?(e.g.do u always feel better in the morning and worse in the night?)
-do u suffer from insomnia?
-how is your appetite? have u lost weight?
-do u want to have sex?(obviously u do as u talk about that girl hihi)
-do u feel guilty or regret about things?
-do u have low self esteem?
-how do u see your future?
-are there times when u go to sleep and u wish u never woke up again?
-do u ever think about suicide?

depression is divided into 2 major categories:mild and severe.if u suffer from mild depression u dont need to take any drugs-psychotherapy is enough.however if u have severe depression i would advise u to take medication as theres a high possibility of commiting suicide.

here are some things that can help u determine if u suffer from mild or severe depression.

in mild depression people find it difficult to fall asleep whereas in severe depression patients wake up early.

patients suffering from mild depression have normal or increased appetite, have normal or increased weight and still have desire for sex.on the other hand patients suffering from severe depression have reduced appetite, lose weight and have no desire for sex.

finally patients suffering from mild depression feel worse in the afternoon whereas those who have severe depression feel worse in the morning

boy that was along post-hope that helped a little bit peace

homo homini lupus...
SuperMike
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2006, 06:52:57 AM »

Most of the times I got hit with depression were when relatives of mine passed away as a teenager. Not only that, even moving out of the house I grew up with them since I was born. During that period of time, the perfect song that described me was "Fade to Black" by Metallica.

You just got to make choices you're comfortable with, it depends on what friends you have too. You also become depressed by trying to be something you're not . Don't get caught up with friends you have to change just to impress them, really the only person you have to impress is yourself. True friends let their friends be themselves.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2006, 01:48:54 PM »

True friends let their friends be themselves.

Great words SuperMike!   beer  I agree.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SuperMike
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2006, 03:20:47 PM »

True friends let their friends be themselves.

Great words SuperMike!? ?beer? I agree.

cheers to you too beer
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2006, 01:02:37 PM »

My father is very depressed he want to kill himself and I don't know what to do i feel very down right now, is so sad to see my dad in that way  Sad

No man can be my equal
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2006, 08:00:56 PM »

My father is very depressed he want to kill himself and I don't know what to do i feel very down right now, is so sad to see my dad in that way? Sad

First off, I'm very sorry, that's got to be a horrible feeling.  Have you spoken at length with him about this?  I have so much trouble understanding deep depression.  I've felt like shit before, but never to the point I thought it wouldn't get better.  Is he in otherwise good health?  Does he exercise?  Does he have a close confidante?  Can he laugh?  Has he been to a doctor?? 

Just wondering.  Sad

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2006, 10:08:16 AM »

Well actually he went to a doctor this friday I went with him, the doctor told him to stay in bed only at nights and in the morning he have to do something like walk or reading and stuff, but my father wants to stay in bed doing nothing he feels bad but he doesn't know why, our current economic situation is very good nothing to be depressed for I first though it was about this, but it wasn't, I have talked to him and told him if we can go out to do some biking cause he likes it, and nothing he just want to stay in his room, is very sad. Yesterday I notice a little improve, he stayed away from bed and do some things about the house like start to paint or make some budget for it, and do some car repairs and stuff that I think is good but I only hope he stays like that.

No man can be my equal
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2006, 12:41:56 PM »

I lost another friend today.? He is blunt and always says what he thinks - and what he thinks is that i'm stupid, lazy and spoiled.? He said I have never worked hard in my life and it shows.? He's probably right.

I know my good aspects and my flaws.? I know I am a kind person: unselfish, friendly and not in the least bit judgemental.? I am proud of how laid back I am - I am loyal to my friends and I have good perspective (usually).

But he's right and I can't escape it.? My girlfriend dumped me last year because she saw me for what I really was (a lost cause? Undecided).? Since then all of my flaws have been exposed for everyone to see.? I do have friends who respect me but many people lost respect for me a long time ago, including her.? I'm trying so hard to turn things around - I know the key is to look to the future and forget about the past but I do care about what people think of me and things just aren't getting any better at the moment. Embarrassed

I'm sorry to hear about your dad Dick Purple.
Natasha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2006, 12:43:17 PM »

i get depressed alot over just about everything. i think i might have bipolar disorder or something. i also have anxiety and im shy. these things really fuck your life up. i wondering if any1 else has problems like these aswell.

I feel for you... really, and I understand you... I'm shy, also, yeah. I hope you'll can suddenly feel better.

Natasha
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2006, 01:18:58 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your dad Dick Purple.

Thanks, I'll keep trying to help him I hope he let us (family).

No man can be my equal
pebbles
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2006, 06:52:09 PM »

i have depression and anxiety and have had it for many years. it will go away sometimes, or so you think and then bam, it comes back from no where. i dont take medicines, i guess thats a mistake too, i try to handle it but its hard, you see ive had the prob since i was very young and then it went away some, and then my husband died of cancer at age 36 and i have raised 2 kids by my damn self and they have turned out pretty good, but i get very angry that had to happen, why me? so see things are pretty rough for alot of people, all you can do is take 1 day at a time and get some help for your anxiety,,its a fucked up feeling to have to deal with. Good luck to you.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2006, 06:37:50 AM »

-how is your mood?
It's good

-do u cry often?
Can't

-do u still enjoy things u used to like?
Yeah

-do u feel tired?
I can't sleep

-are there some things u find interesting/enjoyable?(e.g. listening to gnr?)
Yup.

-can u concentrate? when u read the paper or watch the news can u remember afterwards what u read or saw?
If I really put my mind to it.

-do u get angry easily?
I get "edgy"

-do u get panic attacks?
I've had a few let at night and thought about things too much

-do u suffer from headaches?
Yeah, migrens

-does your mood change during the day?(e.g.do u always feel better in the morning and worse in the night?)
Yes.

-do u suffer from insomnia?
Yes.

-how is your appetite? have u lost weight?
Yes, now I'm back in toned condition

-do u want to have sex?(obviously u do as u talk about that girl hihi)
All the time.

-do u feel guilty or regret about things?
No, I don't feel guilt

-do u have low self esteem?
No

-how do u see your future?
I don't know

Yeah.

Tried that.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2006, 08:38:45 AM »

Yeah.

may i ask why?

Tried that.

may i ask how?

homo homini lupus...
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2006, 11:28:48 AM »

Yeah.

may i ask why?

Tried that.

may i ask how?
pm'd ya

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2006, 07:01:10 PM »

Hi guys, this is the first time i havent posted about gnr. but some of the things in this thread really hit home. Im really messed up, Im 19 and iv never had a girlfriend, never kissed a girl, but i love women. I started fancying a girl in my social group, iv gone on and off her over the years but now she consumes my every thought. A couple of months ago now we had a "lets just be friends talk" i agreed and she said im a really nice guy, good looking and she would help me get a girlfriend. She means everything to me, she prefers confident guys and has had loads of boyfriends unfortunatly many have been guys i have known. The question echoes in my head, if she is so easy why wont she go out with me? when There Was A Time leaked, i cried very hard time and time again. I was always a big Guns n Roses fan but axl expressed my feeling so spot on and with such emotion and passion. I wanted her to know so i gave her a cd with the song. hoping she could hear the passion i felt for her.

Apparently the song said that i felt led on. and she was angry with me.

Since then her friend had a massive argument with me and the girl i love hates me.

All my 'friends' tell me to move on and find a new girl. But thats the problem i cant,  i have social anxiety so for example when i go to a club, girls see that im good looking and give me eye contact and smile. but when i go to talk i freeze im so nervous and i have sweaty hands all the time including now writing this (alone in my room).

I have recurring nightmares of her getting married to someone else.

Iv looked for help in the online seduction community some really cool guys, but they are all looking for sex with many women, i just want to love one girl and have her love me in return. www.fastseduction.com

Some days i cant believe iv survived another day without someone to love me, but each day comes and goes.

Iv asked her to give me another chance, i said i wasnt going to see her for a while, and im trying to be more confident. I changed my image and im trying to emulate her ex boyfriend e.g. very cheeky and playful with her.

I dunno yes im screwed obcessed scared alone sad despised friendless.

But if i gave up hope i guess i wouldnt be here.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2006, 07:14:19 PM »

Hi guys, this is the first time i havent posted about gnr. but some of the things in this thread really hit home. Im really messed up, Im 19 and iv never had a girlfriend, never kissed a girl, but i love women. I started fancying a girl in my social group, iv gone on and off her over the years but now she consumes my every thought. A couple of months ago now we had a "lets just be friends talk" i agreed and she said im a really nice guy, good looking and she would help me get a girlfriend. She means everything to me, she prefers confident guys and has had loads of boyfriends unfortunatly many have been guys i have known. The question echoes in my head, if she is so easy why wont she go out with me? when There Was A Time leaked, i cried very hard time and time again. I was always a big Guns n Roses fan but axl expressed my feeling so spot on and with such emotion and passion. I wanted her to know so i gave her a cd with the song. hoping she could hear the passion i felt for her.

Apparently the song said that i felt led on. and she was angry with me.

Since then her friend had a massive argument with me and the girl i love hates me.

All my 'friends' tell me to move on and find a new girl. But thats the problem i cant,? i have social anxiety so for example when i go to a club, girls see that im good looking and give me eye contact and smile. but when i go to talk i freeze im so nervous and i have sweaty hands all the time including now writing this (alone in my room).

I have recurring nightmares of her getting married to someone else.

Iv looked for help in the online seduction community some really cool guys, but they are all looking for sex with many women, i just want to love one girl and have her love me in return. www.fastseduction.com

Some days i cant believe iv survived another day without someone to love me, but each day comes and goes.

Iv asked her to give me another chance, i said i wasnt going to see her for a while, and im trying to be more confident. I changed my image and im trying to emulate her ex boyfriend e.g. very cheeky and playful with her.

I dunno yes im screwed obcessed scared alone sad despised friendless.

But if i gave up hope i guess i wouldnt be here.

It always sucks going through something like that, and it's even harder trying to give someone advice. I know you won't listen to this, I never do when I should either but it's the truth.  After having been through a couple serious relationships...and those relationships ending, I've thought why can't someone just love me?  But after time I've realized that it just wasn't meant to be....i was wasting my time loving someone that was never gonna love me back, and I finally realized that IT was a waste of my time, and my love for that person went away. You'll meet someone eventually, I truly beleive that everyone has "someone" out there for them. It's just a matter of time. And we being Gn'R fans...we should be used to that. lol. I for one can say I am finally truly happy. I am single, but I know it'll happen eventually, so in the meantime, just go out, have fun and live your life.

BTW...I've sent some CD's too....only mine had Back off Bitch and Locomotive...I guess your just a nicer guy than men, lol.

Axl is God.
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2006, 07:22:42 PM »

Im glad to see you have a more positive attitude than me. But if there is someone for everyone why do i know 40/50/60 year old men who havee never been loved? im terrified of being like that. Unfortunatly i have too much love to give and therefore i come across as too needy, as i say im really not bad looking. but she prefers guys who take control and treat her like shit. SO yes i am changing for her

did you peel the bitch off your back lol?

The blues at Birmingham made my bottom lip shake, axl jumped on the piano and let rip with "what this means to me is more than i know you believe" etc she is fast asleep now not caring, she can have any guy she wants. and hear i am up late work tomorow, wondering where and when that kiss will come.

I have a book by paulmkenna called Instant Confidence with hypnosis cd i should finish that course
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2006, 07:32:11 PM »

Im glad to see you have a more positive attitude than me. But if there is someone for everyone why do i know 40/50/60 year old men who havee never been loved? im terrified of being like that. Unfortunatly i have too much love to give and therefore i come across as too needy, as i say im really not bad looking. but she prefers guys who take control and treat her like shit. SO yes i am changing for her

The blues at Birmingham made my bottom lip shake, axl jumped on the piano and let rip with "what this means to me is more than i know you believe" etc she is fast asleep now not caring, she can have any guy she wants. and hear i am up late work tomorow, wondering where and when that kiss will come.

I have a book by paulmkenna called Instant Confidence with hypnosis cd i should finish that course

I see that all time....these girls that I'm intrested in, ending up with these assholes that treat them like absolute hell...I just do not understand it. And they always say their not happy with them, but yet never leave them, so I have no clue. But I wouldn't try change who you are too fit what you thnk this girl likes. Always be yourself...I've been with a few girls that tried to be like how they thought I would want them too be...but in the end their true selves always show, and I actually would have liked them more if they would've just been themselves from the start.

As for the confidence thing, I do have a problem with that too, I am very shy, unless I'm drunk (I'm not saying go get drunk to fix things) I have my best luck when I'm not actually looking. I meet the coolest people when I'm at a party or something and we find out that we have something in common and we just start bullshittin, and it all leads from there.

Axl is God.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2006, 07:43:28 PM »

But if there is someone for everyone why do i know 40/50/60 year old men who havee never been loved? im terrified of being like that. Unfortunatly i have too much love to give and therefore i come across as too needy, as i say im really not bad looking. but she prefers guys who take control and treat her like shit. SO yes i am changing for her

I don't think you should settle for someone who's going to mistreat you. If she's not into you for all that you are, then you should hold out for someone better suited for you.

Also, girls attracted to men who treat them badly, have self-esteem issues.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2006, 07:47:04 PM »

Damn, 19! ?I remember 19, now I'm 32. ?Since hindsight is always 20/20, maybe I can be of some help. ?You, andypa1, have to come first. ?Get your direction in life. ?Make goals, both short-term and long-term. ?Make sure the short-term lead you to the long-term, then, just focus on the short-term, and be a focused engine. ?After you get on this road, focused on being the best person you can be both mentally and physically, you'll be amazed at what happens next! ?Wink ?Chicks really dig guys who take pride in themselves. ?This doesn't mean you should be an arrogant asshole, although the haters may give you shit like that. ?Fuck them. ?Don't let negativity bring you down. ?It's just poorly-veiled jealousy.

Trust me, every guy on this board has been where you are right now. ?It's depressing as hell!It gets better though! ?I'm a firm believer in the old saying, "you must love yourself before you are truly able to love another." ?You sound like a really nice guy. ?I wish you all the best and I hope this helps!! ?Fastseduction.whatever isn't going to help you at all. ?

Last of all...getting with a chick sexually won't make you feel any better in the long-run. ?I've got a buddy who was banging this whore when he was 17 and 18 years old. ?She fucked his mind up pretty bad. ?He told her he loved her, and she just laughed at him. ?I think it took him about 10 years to get over that, but part of him was still revved up over that type of chick. ?I am in favor of meeting a chick who values herself enough not to throw her self around with a ton of guys. ?You'll have a much more fulfilling relationship with a chick when you make that mental connection first. ?So how does it all get started? ?That brings us back to the andypa1 focused on making andypa1 the best andypa1 he can be! ?After that, it just happens! ?In the future, after you learn about yourself, you'll be more likely to make that eye connection, smile, and be yourself, rather than someone you are not. ? yes

I think some chicks on this board should give you a cheers! ?Nice guys deserve love too! ?
 beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: