Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:51:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  depression
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: depression  (Read 15831 times)
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2005, 11:31:46 PM »

haha... its good sometimes just as D said use a creative form to express your feelings. personally i journal almost everyother day.... or more if im really down and it helps me alot. im also on some anti-dp's.... but thats besides the point they will only ever get you part of the way. i have a friend that does poetry when hes down and another that writes short stories, ive tried both and i do find journals help me out the most.... though sometimes my journal may be a poem ... or a short story.

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2005, 12:22:18 AM »

im very shy and i suffer from anxiety too. im depressed quite often, because im an outcast at school and i have a sucky social life (like 4? friends). i have hardly any self-confidence at all. i always think i look like a loser, no matter what i wear or whatever. i hardly make eye contact with people when im talking, because i feel too ashamed of myself to do so. i mumble, because i dont think ppl care about what i have to say.

i think that my life is pretty much a disaster, and i always feel it will never get considerably better. i have an occasional good day, but i usually have shitty, depressing days. occassionally, i'll throw tantrums when something minor happens (like when i spill a glass of milk or can't open a jar of something.)

about a year ago, i was sort of "getting out of my shell" in terms of shyness. there was this girl that i really liked, and i started talking to her a lot. i wanted to go out with her, so i started making friends with a bunch of people (to improve my image and seem like a cool guy). I was going to ask her out at a dance, but i never got a chance, b/c she was never alone. After that i gave up on her, and a few months later i gave her the finger in front of a group of people. she was really hurt/pissed off, and we havent really talked much since.? i couldnt get her out of my mind, and I gave her the finger because i wanted to give up and stop bothering with her. i still like her, but i think she's probably out of my league and she wont "honestly" forgive me for flippin her off.

see dude, this is where the "be yourself" shit comes in.

Dont change for anyone ever, if u have to be someone else to be liked, its not gonna work out anyway.

why did u flip her off? dude that couldve been a huge mistake or the greatest thing u ever did.

sometimes before u can make someone love u, u have to make em hate u.

some of my best friends are people who i use to hate and they use to hate me.

just start back talkin to her and be honest, tell her why u flipped her off, tell her u like her and u want to ask her out but u got frustrated.

make up some bullshit

tell her u started to really like her but got scared of rejection and being hurt, so u flipped her off to protect yourself from getting hurt. some girls eat that kind of shit up.

U got to take the chances though, if u expect to sit around and some hot chick just walk up to u and ask u out, u are gonna be single for a very very long time.

u gotta realize also that most girls are just as shy and insecure as u are.

take another crack at it.

u proved that if u really want to, u can make people like u and make friends. so dont give up

if u break out of your shell and this girl doesnt dig u, dont sink back down into your old ways, keep movin forward and maybe this will lead u down the road to finding who u are suppose to be with.

When u talk, act like what u have to say is the most important thing ever said and people will listen. trust me, its all in how u carry yourself, act like u are big shit until u become big shit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2005, 02:36:37 AM »

When u talk, act like what u have to say is the most important thing ever said and people will listen. trust me, its all in how u carry yourself, act like u are big shit until u become big shit.

You have to be confident, not cocky.  I roll my eyes at people that act like they are "big shit" or think whatever they say is the most important thing ever.

You need to be careful not to cross the line between being cocky and being confident.  I've had a few friends who get this "I'm hot shit" attitude once things start to go their way.  It's enough for me to stop hanging out with them.
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2005, 02:36:53 PM »

see dude, this is where the "be yourself" shit comes in.

Dont change for anyone ever, if u have to be someone else to be liked, its not gonna work out anyway.

well, you got point there. although some of the friends i made came to me last year.

why did u flip her off? dude that couldve been a huge mistake or the greatest thing u ever did.

sometimes before u can make someone love u, u have to make em hate u.

some of my best friends are people who i use to hate and they use to hate me.

i flipped her off, b/c i thought that would make her stop talking to me, and that would cause me to forget about her. that didnt work? no

just start back talkin to her and be honest, tell her why u flipped her off, tell her u like her and u want to ask her out but u got frustrated.

make up some bullshit

tell her u started to really like her but got scared of rejection and being hurt, so u flipped her off to protect yourself from getting hurt. some girls eat that kind of shit up.
hmm.... that third part you said is actually kind of accurate. i tried talking to her on AIM back in January, and i did surprisingly well for 30 mins. we got caught up with each other (since we hadnt talked in months). i havent talked to her since, cuz im afraid i won't have anything to say.

U got to take the chances though, if u expect to sit around and some hot chick just walk up to u and ask u out, u are gonna be single for a very very long time.

u gotta realize also that most girls are just as shy and insecure as u are.

take another crack at it.

hmm... i dont know about her being shy. she's definitely NOT one of those girls who gossips all the time and never shuts up. thats a thing i liked about her. i felt that i could talk to her about problems i have, without worrying about getting exposed.

u proved that if u really want to, u can make people like u and make friends. so dont give up

if u break out of your shell and this girl doesnt dig u, dont sink back down into your old ways, keep movin forward and maybe this will lead u down the road to finding who u are suppose to be with.

yeah, when i get out of this depression (probably ill be better next school year), ill try talking to more people. i have more to talk about with ppl than i did a year ago, so i might have a good chance.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2005, 11:47:57 PM »

let me get this straight, u talked to her for 30 minutes but havent talked to her since?

do u like this girl or not?

if u do u are gonna blow it cause i think she likes u honestly but if u keep ignoring her she is gonna move on and say screw it.

dont worry bout goin blank, just be honest and yourself and just talk to her
when u run out of shit to say, tell her u gotta go do something and log off.

but dont ignore her completely

plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2005, 04:10:19 PM »

let me get this straight, u talked to her for 30 minutes but havent talked to her since?

do u like this girl or not?

if u do u are gonna blow it cause i think she likes u honestly but if u keep ignoring her she is gonna move on and say screw it.

dont worry bout goin blank, just be honest and yourself and just talk to her
when u run out of shit to say, tell her u gotta go do something and log off.

but dont ignore her completely

i highly doubt she likes me. she had a boyfriend about 2 weeks ago, and even if she didnt, she still never really talks to me. maybe ill talk to her again if i get the chance. i rarely see her in school so i'd have to do it on aim.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
the_icon
Headliner

Rock on baby...

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2005, 09:44:45 AM »

Nothing beats depression like taking a chick to a strip club man.? That + Jack Daniels and Paradise City playing somewhere.? Why don't you get really nice in pool or something.? For a dude like you who has LOADS of time on his hands you should look into something like that.? Get REALLY good and then go to a pool hall or bar.? You would totally impress the crowd no matter how shitty your social skills are or even how horrid you might look.? Nothing gets people to appreciate you like some type of cool skill.? ok
Eric
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2005, 02:22:16 PM »

Be careful of drinking to cure depression/shyness-I've done it with girls-of course it makes it easier to loosen up, but it ususally makes things worse-just be yourself-I'm not preaching-I still drink-mostly due to shyness-but it seems to make a lot of things worse in the long run.
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2005, 05:33:05 PM »

It helped a lot to start hitting the gym again, not to mention my new gf.

You hit your new girlfriend?

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2005, 02:40:22 AM »

It helped a lot to start hitting the gym again, not to mention my new gf.

You hit your new girlfriend?
lol, no Smiley

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2005, 02:45:54 AM »

hitting your GF is also a slang term for Fucking your GF

so........................... hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2005, 08:59:16 AM »

i'm Bi-Polar, have had it for the last 4 yrs.  Take 600 mgs of Seroquel and 2 mgs of Klonopins as needed.  And being a musician had tons of problems with getting onstage, talking to women, etc.  If you think you're depressed, quit drinking so much, meditate, take vitamins, watch your diet, and excersise.  And go see a shrink!!  It's like the doc told me, if your'e depressed, (or bi-polar like in my case) treat the illness like how a diabetic would treat diabetes, the same way like I suggested above.  If you don't treat it, it could be fatal.  If you do treat it the way I say, you can actually have a more productive life than most others.  Because you can see the pitfalls in life and side-step them.  Hell life has never been better for me, playing gigs, going out with women, etc.  YOu've just gotta take the first step.  Kinda like AA rofl

psycotron
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2005, 12:13:25 AM »

i'm Bi-Polar, have had it for the last 4 yrs.? Take 600 mgs of Seroquel and 2 mgs of Klonopins as needed.? And being a musician had tons of problems with getting onstage, talking to women, etc.? If you think you're depressed, quit drinking so much, meditate, take vitamins, watch your diet, and excersise.? And go see a shrink!!? It's like the doc told me, if your'e depressed, (or bi-polar like in my case) treat the illness like how a diabetic would treat diabetes, the same way like I suggested above.? If you don't treat it, it could be fatal.? If you do treat it the way I say, you can actually have a more productive life than most others.? Because you can see the pitfalls in life and side-step them.? Hell life has never been better for me, playing gigs, going out with women, etc.? YOu've just gotta take the first step.? Kinda like AA rofl
i want to get help and get antidepressents but im too embarassed to tell mum about it. i know its stupid. anyway rick james when u get depressed just think at least your not blind. there couldnt be anything worse than that. i hope i never go blind.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2005, 04:26:24 AM »

I think it would be hard to diagnose a teenager

life is confusing and fucked up as a teenager, so drugs may distort and fuck up your mental growth.

being a teenager is tough, but u just have to persevere and survive it and try to come out alive.

life is weird, u never get 2 happy, and just when u are ready to slit your throat something good happens.

depression and sadness lead to personal growth

let that growth happen and u will become strong!

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2005, 04:56:55 PM »

Knowing who you are as a person and recognize what sets it off and why, it is a lot easier to manage.  Not sure if it ever goes away, but what really helps is understanding it and knowing how to cope with it. Tell yourself - I can sit here and feel down or I can fight it and do something about it because in the end, its up to me and I deserve more than that.  Finding a positive outlet helps, what D mentioned before, hitting the gym or music is great. That worked for me.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2005, 06:50:01 PM »

unless u are hearing voices and they are tellin u to do evil shit, i wouldnt see a doctor.

Parents put there kids on ritalin and all sorts of bullshit drugs that rob em of their childhood.

all i can say is, being confused and depressed is part of growing up

the quicker u realize that life is like a huge fuckin game and u will win some, lose some and the trick is like GNRFL said to understand what triggers it and learning to cope and deal with that.

A wise man named SLCPunk once told me that u determine how u feel and are responsible for how u react to certain situations.

very true there, u can feel like shit, feel sorry for yourself and waste your life being depressed and down, or u can get off your ass and do something positive about it.

always try to turn a negative situation into a positive reaction.

i remember the first time I got dumped and had a broken heart

i couldve handled it negatively and did drugs and became an alcoholic but i didnt

i started lifting weights, writing songs, running and i am now a pretty damn good songwriter and musician, i got an above average body and I am stonger within cause I dealt with pain and conquered it.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2005, 01:11:31 PM »

My best friend of 17 yrs I am almost ready to give up on. He is so depressed, he can not, and WILL NOT change his way of thinking. It is his outlook on life that makes him miserable. I have tried in vain to point this out to him, but it only makes him angry. He makes more than me, and works less. Yet he is horrible with his money. So he is depressed because he "makes good money, but has nothing." He eats horrible food and is sad because "he is overweight and fat" , yet refuses to change his eating habits. He is the creator of his own pain and misery. I can not get through to this guy, and at this point, his constant complaining and bitterness has pushed me away. I can't stand talking to him anymore....it's always negative.

So that is a perfect example of perception becoming reality.

I make less then him, but use my money wisely. I eat more than him, but eat healthier foods and exercise. Just for starters my life is totally different.

But the bottom line is thankfulness. It is easy to feel sorry for yourself. So easy. But if you are truly thankful that will fall aside (self pity). He is not thankful for anything. Instead he chooses to focus on his own life and feel sorry for himself. Instead of seeing how little work he does for the amount of money he makes.

It is hard to be thankful, especially when life is kicking you in the ass. I got some crap news today (always money) and it bummed me out. I had to come home, regroup my head and deal with it via thankfulness. I have no choice.

Life is not fair and it never will be. You can not change that.

Once you take yourself out of the equation things get easier.

Medicine is (this is almost another topic altogether) given out to freely and we don't look at how our diet affects our moods and physical condition (which really go hand in hand). We have a high sugar and fat diet in this country. With all the physcial ailments that have taken their toll on this country (cancer, heart disease, diabetees) you'd think they would take a closer look at emotional issues correlated with diet as well. Instead we continue on with poor diet/no exercise and pop a pill when the numbers look wrong. Preventative maintenance is really the key, ie diet, exercise, and thankfulness.

journey
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2005, 03:01:32 PM »

My parents put me in therapy when I was 17, because I was too "mellow". I wasn't enthusiastic about life.  hihi  I liked my psychologist, she was cool. We mainly talked about men, her ex-husband in particular. I took Zoloft for maybe a month. Flushed it down the toilet. I decided I could work things out for myself. Writing became essential in that process. Writing fictional stories and poems allowed me to escape from my worries and depression.
psycotron
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2005, 02:30:59 AM »

My best friend of 17 yrs I am almost ready to give up on. He is so depressed, he can not, and WILL NOT change his way of thinking. It is his outlook on life that makes him miserable. I have tried in vain to point this out to him, but it only makes him angry. He makes more than me, and works less. Yet he is horrible with his money. So he is depressed because he "makes good money, but has nothing." He eats horrible food and is sad because "he is overweight and fat" , yet refuses to change his eating habits. He is the creator of his own pain and misery. I can not get through to this guy, and at this point, his constant complaining and bitterness has pushed me away. I can't stand talking to him anymore....it's always negative.

So that is a perfect example of perception becoming reality.

I make less then him, but use my money wisely. I eat more than him, but eat healthier foods and exercise. Just for starters my life is totally different.

But the bottom line is thankfulness. It is easy to feel sorry for yourself. So easy. But if you are truly thankful that will fall aside (self pity). He is not thankful for anything. Instead he chooses to focus on his own life and feel sorry for himself. Instead of seeing how little work he does for the amount of money he makes.

It is hard to be thankful, especially when life is kicking you in the ass. I got some crap news today (always money) and it bummed me out. I had to come home, regroup my head and deal with it via thankfulness. I have no choice.

Life is not fair and it never will be. You can not change that.

Once you take yourself out of the equation things get easier.

Medicine is (this is almost another topic altogether) given out to freely and we don't look at how our diet affects our moods and physical condition (which really go hand in hand). We have a high sugar and fat diet in this country. With all the physcial ailments that have taken their toll on this country (cancer, heart disease, diabetees) you'd think they would take a closer look at emotional issues correlated with diet as well. Instead we continue on with poor diet/no exercise and pop a pill when the numbers look wrong. Preventative maintenance is really the key, ie diet, exercise, and thankfulness.

I know what u mean. there's these kids i hang around with at school. i found out that 2 of the guys there and 2 of the girls suffer from deppresion and 2 of them are on medication and 2 of them cut their wrists. it shocked me cause they look so happy and they talk so much. they go to partys and shit on the weekend aswell so y are they so unhappy
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2006, 03:51:17 AM »

One of my good friends has bouts of severe depression and self-medicates with alcohol and cheap sex.? A few times, she's even cut herself with razors and knives.? She calls me in tears atleast one night aweek and sounds so hopeless.? It breaks my heart.? I don't know how to help her.

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: