Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:44:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  depression
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: depression  (Read 15828 times)
im rickjames bitch
« on: April 17, 2005, 09:18:55 AM »

i get depressed alot over just about everything. i think i might have bipolar disorder or something. i also have anxiety and im shy. these things really fuck your life up. i wondering if any1 else has problems like these aswell.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 09:52:59 AM »

I think everybody experiences these things to one degree or another.  I know I have.  I can get really anxious being around people, but I've found that if I go "all out," and just act absurdly confident, it gets easier each time.   ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 11:08:54 AM »

don't try an self analyse yourself. i've got checklists for mental diseases and it's incredible what i've diagnosed myself with.

i don't want to downplay your situation, but it could come about from something a simple as temporary hormonal imbalance or even poor diet. if you are worried about it go speak to someone.

uni-polar and bi-polar depresson (dysthymia is also a possibility) are illnesses; if you want to help yourself go see a councillor.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 11:35:35 AM »

It's been just over a year since i got depression and im pulling through but i still get my very bad days and im a full blown nutcase cos of the anti-depressants..it's hard to control ur emotions when ur like this. I also am very very shy. Having these 2 problems aint great for my confidence man i can tell u.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »

I remember last year, I got really depressed for a long time after my dog died.  I still had happy days, but there was just a general sense of gloom about the whole thing.  For a time, I even became almost pseudo-goth; I dyed my hair black, teased it, listened to The Cure, and even wore lipstick one day (although it was pink, because that's all I could find, but hell, I'm more of a glam-rocker kind of dude anyway).  Even when I was happy, there was always that hurt in the back of my mind.  But over time, I started to feel better.  These days, I'm pretty much normal.  I have happy, hopeful periods, and occasional bleak depressing days.  But I feel I can cope with problems better these days.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 02:25:57 PM »

I remember last year, I got really depressed for a long time after my dog died.? I still had happy days, but there was just a general sense of gloom about the whole thing.? For a time, I even became almost pseudo-goth; I dyed my hair black, teased it, listened to The Cure, and even wore lipstick one day (although it was pink, because that's all I could find, but hell, I'm more of a glam-rocker kind of dude anyway).? Even when I was happy, there was always that hurt in the back of my mind.? But over time, I started to feel better.? These days, I'm pretty much normal.? I have happy, hopeful periods, and occasional bleak depressing days.? But I feel I can cope with problems better these days.

COBY FEELS YOUR PAIN!!
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 02:34:38 PM »

COBY FEELS YOUR PAIN!!

I actually think Papa Roach is a severely underrated band.  They write a lot of catchy songs.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 06:32:40 PM »

I feel ya dude, i have battled with manic depression,shyness,anxiety,paranoia,being a hypochondriac just everything.

One thing that really has helped me out is creating music, the other is just realizing i am unique and not crazy.

nothing wrong with being the way u are, i find a beauty in how i am, i enjoy being different and not like everyone else.

another thing i do, is i try not to dwell on things i cant control.

if u knock over a glass and spill your water all over the place and the glass breaks, dont get upset, just clean it up and get another glass

people tend to worry and get upset over the smallest most trivial things.

if something happens, its over, its done, u cant change it, cant redo it, so just let it go, dont dwell and drive yourself up a wall over it.

also get into exercising, lifting weights, hitting on punching bags, jogging or bicycling.

exercise releases natural antidepressants and when you put all ofyour negative depressed maniacal energy into these activities, u build a better body *which helps the shyness*and it just makes u feel better about yourself.

pick up a guitar dude

nothin like playin some loud ass distorted music full of blast when u feel like killing eveyone.

DO NOT DO DRUGS

drinking and drugs accelerate your condition and make it worse over time, plus you dont get the gift of growing as a person and learning about yourself. Once u get thru the worst, it is an awesome gift when u get that inner peace and joy.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 06:38:03 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dust N Rose
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2005, 07:20:48 PM »

i get depressed alot over just about everything. i think i might have bipolar disorder or something. i also have anxiety and im shy. these things really fuck your life up. i wondering if any1 else has problems like these aswell.

In my opinion, attending to psychologists is not the best solution, is the last thing you should do. You're possibly a teenager and it's rational to have an often mood change.
The best thing you can do to get happier is starting having better thoughts from now on. Most people remain sad because they constantly have unfavorably thoughts. Start having optimistic thoughts. When someone is constantly sad, he's stamping those bad thoughts in his subconscious. Having good thouts is just a habit. Practise on that.
So, good thoughts and plans. Have ideals and have a purpose in your life. After you decide what's the real thing you wanna do, put yourself and your heart on that target and never let anyone stand in your way.
Don't be shy and don't fear about anything. Having fear is like a bird that hasn't wings to fly. Act confident. Teddy Rusvelt once said, that by pretending he wasn't afraid of anything he really stopped being afraid when he grew up. Ensure yourself everyday that you're able to handle any problem you may encounter, that you're competent and a reasonal person.
Reading is a good way to boost your confidence. Be calm in your moves. If something makes you wanna cry or yell, hold back. Don't cry or yell. You won't earn anything byt doing those things. Instead you're leting the sorrow to surround you. If you remember in the past you may cried for some reason. The problem passed and the distresses remained. Take every sad moment as temporary storm. Tomorrow's a better day. Avoid depressing movies or shows, news. It's a pity when people are seeking to see a drama. They want to be sad, to cry, to be unhappy. Try to enjoy every moment in your life. Observe the nature, the sky, the animals, the trees. I think hapiness is not a continual streaming. Hapiness in our life is small parts that should be multiplied. You can be happy by listening good music, or even drinking a juice or water with pleasure. Weren't you happy when you heard for the first time a great gn'r song ?Wink? Enjoy every good thing you experience. Don't be like some people that every new thing they obtain looses its value. A pet can give you some hapiness and can absorb your worries if the place you live is depressing. If you think you have a problem ensure yourself you're gonna surpass it. Sometimes it's good when we have drawbacks, because when we surpass them we get happier. If you have stress, isolate yourself in your private room, sit down, and stay moveless for a guarter, even half an hour and breath without thinking anything. You can go over again more than once in a week. Doing that exercise, (focusing on your breath and not in any annoying thought you oppose the anxiety). You can put some relaxing music also (not rocker or blues stuff Tongue, every thing deserves the right time to be done ?Smiley).Don't be mean or jealous, because that's a source for sorrow. Be thankful when someone helps you. You get happier by doing that and never be ungrateful. Because thanklessness is the worst thing in the world.
Take care of yourself and try to be good-looking, not for the girls but for yourself, when you know you look good, you feel good too. Ignore what the others say when you have a plan. When you're to realise the plan you have, people think you're crazy, but when you make it they praise you afterwards. Don't care what the others say about stuff you like (music e.t.c.), besides lots of persons think they're right and they consider wrong the other's opinions.
I hope I gave you some good advices. Sorry for my english, I'm trying my best. I hope I helped a little. Remember, noone needs the sorrow. There's no difference between a person who is happy and a person who is not. Hapiness is attitudinal and depends on how we percieve every moment in our lives. Life's a game, the one and only good game. If you deny to play it you'll loose the greatest of pleasures.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2005, 08:14:53 PM »

Stay away from legal drugs too, unless it is a last resort.

Eliminate processed sugar (inluding white rice, white bread etc etc) from your diet and keep a good balance of food in your system, including drinking enough water. Most of us don't drink enough water and many are at certain levels of dehydration, which also plays a role in our mood/feeling/energy.

Diet has a dramatic effect on mood, you will be suprised on how much it can change the way you feel in your body and your mind.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 08:38:34 PM by Doppelganger » Logged
im rickjames bitch
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 03:14:30 AM »

In my opinion, attending to psychologists is not the best solution, is the last thing you should do. You're possibly a teenager and it's rational to have an often mood change.
The best thing you can do to get happier is starting having better thoughts from now on. Most people remain sad because they constantly have unfavorably thoughts. Start having optimistic thoughts. When someone is constantly sad, he's stamping those bad thoughts in his subconscious. Having good thouts is just a habit. Practise on that.
So, good thoughts and plans. Have ideals and have a purpose in your life. After you decide what's the real thing you wanna do, put yourself and your heart on that target and never let anyone stand in your way.
Don't be shy and don't fear about anything. Having fear is like a bird that hasn't wings to fly. Act confident. Teddy Rusvelt once said, that by pretending he wasn't afraid of anything he really stopped being afraid when he grew up. Ensure yourself everyday that you're able to handle any problem you may encounter, that you're competent and a reasonal person.
Reading is a good way to boost your confidence. Be calm in your moves. If something makes you wanna cry or yell, hold back. Don't cry or yell. You won't earn anything byt doing those things. Instead you're leting the sorrow to surround you. If you remember in the past you may cried for some reason. The problem passed and the distresses remained. Take every sad moment as temporary storm. Tomorrow's a better day. Avoid depressing movies or shows, news. It's a pity when people are seeking to see a drama. They want to be sad, to cry, to be unhappy. Try to enjoy every moment in your life. Observe the nature, the sky, the animals, the trees. I think hapiness is not a continual streaming. Hapiness in our life is small parts that should be multiplied. You can be happy by listening good music, or even drinking a juice or water with pleasure. Weren't you happy when you heard for the first time a great gn'r song ?Wink? Enjoy every good thing you experience. Don't be like some people that every new thing they obtain looses its value. A pet can give you some hapiness and can absorb your worries if the place you live is depressing. If you think you have a problem ensure yourself you're gonna surpass it. Sometimes it's good when we have drawbacks, because when we surpass them we get happier. If you have stress, isolate yourself in your private room, sit down, and stay moveless for a guarter, even half an hour and breath without thinking anything. You can go over again more than once in a week. Doing that exercise, (focusing on your breath and not in any annoying thought you oppose the anxiety). You can put some relaxing music also (not rocker or blues stuff Tongue, every thing deserves the right time to be done ?Smiley).Don't be mean or jealous, because that's a source for sorrow. Be thankful when someone helps you. You get happier by doing that and never be ungrateful. Because thanklessness is the worst thing in the world.
Take care of yourself and try to be good-looking, not for the girls but for yourself, when you know you look good, you feel good too. Ignore what the others say when you have a plan. When you're to realise the plan you have, people think you're crazy, but when you make it they praise you afterwards. Don't care what the others say about stuff you like (music e.t.c.), besides lots of persons think they're right and they consider wrong the other's opinions.
I hope I gave you some good advices. Sorry for my english, I'm trying my best. I hope I helped a little. Remember, noone needs the sorrow. There's no difference between a person who is happy and a person who is not. Hapiness is attitudinal and depends on how we percieve every moment in our lives. Life's a game, the one and only good game. If you deny to play it you'll loose the greatest of pleasures.
wow that took along time to read. it helped alot though. i also regret alot of things which sucks. things like spending money on things i dont need, regreting not asking a girl out. that really sucks is there anyway of getting over things like that?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 03:23:42 AM »

No way but to change your way of thinking. Guilt and regret will kill you.

What you did yesterday is DONE. What you will do tomorrow has not happened yet. Focus on this very instant and you will be happy. Anything else is a waste of your time RIGHT NOW.

Also, don't feel sorry for yourself. We all do, and it's tough to change that. You have to step back and look at your thoughts on your own and be honest about what you were just thinking and why.

It's called growing up too...some people do it, many do not. It's hard, that is for sure.

Listen carefully: The hardest things to do, give you the most benefits in life. Don't forget that.

Good luck.
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 09:14:21 AM »

I was debressed, but now I'm better. I've stopped taking anti-debressants after talking to my doctor and when I did that I started doing sports again.

It helped a lot to start hitting the gym again, not to mention my new gf.
Everything just seems to fit, and it's harder to get me down.

Now, only if I would get a job with a good pay...

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
im rickjames bitch
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 09:36:06 PM »

i was on antidepressents i was fine for a while. i'll talk more and i was feeling good. and then later i went crazy i was laughing at things that werent funny, acting like a dickhead. it was like i was stoned. so i got taken off them.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 04:39:05 AM »

I don't recommend antidepressents. They seem like drugs to me.
If the past was bad, don't worry. The important thing is where we are heading.

I agree that people need love, it's in our nature. Love makes us more confident and makes us forget unpleasing things. However if there's a girl you like and she dislikes you or doesn't want you despise her. Be carefull, many people destroyed their lives seeking for a love that never had response. One sided-love is a disaster.

About asking girls... that's a tough subject.
One thing to do first...
Pythagoras, the greek mathematic and occultist said: "First of all, appreciate yourself."
People that don't have self-esteem are recognized by others. They don't like them. How's possible people to like you, when you don't like yourself? Huh

Now that you learned how important self-confidence is, try the next level.
One thing you can remember is that you should ask a girl out and not just sitting in the corner and watch her. Why? Because if you make your effort either you reach your goal either you get rejected. But that's better from doing nothing. At least you have a chance to have a girl. If you don't do something you'll never have one? Undecided. Man's beauty is not necessary. I think you agree with me. Haven't you seen an unattractive man and next to him a good-looking girl? and said what the heck? afterwards? There's no treaty saying beautiful people deserve beautiful people.

Never let you believe they're all the same. They're not. You get rejected the first time? So? You're not the first one. Don't expect to have a girl the first time you ask a girl out. Try again and again till you find some worth. Most men fail in their lives because they postpone things and don't make another effort.
So, some of them like stuff, money, fame, cars while some of them like to have a good partner not a cheater. Don't worry if you don't have stuff like money, cars e.t.c. it's not that bad. Women that like material stuff and not the man himself are usually beautiful but not really worth. That's why some marriages fail. The couple is drifting from a quick passion, not from real love. So, they divorce when the passion passes.

When you approach a girl, be natural, don't use silly words that offend the girl's dignity. Respect the girl. Tell, her e.g. Hi, my name's Bill, what's yours? I can see you're busy now (if she's with her friends). but I'm sitting over there with my friends, so if you like come later so we could have a talk, otherwise I'm wishing you to have a good day. Try to be calm, it's not that bad to be a little nervous. At least she'll think you're not doing that every day if you're a bit nervous.
Go back to your place, don't look at her again. (Never be too easy to the girls). She'll think you had the guts, she may also wonder if you really like her or not.
That's it. Stuff like that, you'll find a lot later. If you feel afraid to go don't worry, asking girls out is something that's getting easier and easier each time. Think that asking it's something funny, we don't have anything to loose.

Women are attracted from men that like to have the upper hand. Confidence is the attitude they like. The man that knows what to do next. The man that doesn't say I'm looser, and isn't not impressed by other's stuff like cars or houses.
They may say they like good boys and not cheaters but they also like the mystery in a man. That's why some of them like bad boys. They also like the success at man. Succede in your life and you'll see thay you will be a more magnetic person. Be determinative, suggest her where you want to go out tonight. Don't please her always. If you always say yes, whatever you like and stuff like that, you're too easy. I think she looses the interest later.
So, make an effort.... nothing to loose Smiley
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 05:59:47 AM »

I always refused to take medication.

I took a mix of xanax and prozac some 9 years ago because i was in the deepest form of depression known to psychiatry, i was in catatonia and nothing or no one would find echo in me, i would not feel happy or sad, i would not even feel hurt.

If that hadn't worked, i would have been put in a clinic.

I got so addicted to the Xanax that when i realised i was hooked on that shit, i then promised myself that however deep in the pit i'd find myself, i would not take medication ever again.

I then entirely relied on therapy, and hypnosis, knowing it won't go away, but it'll make it a tad better.

Plus, the catatonic state is something i have no risk of knowing ever again.

Nothing to say
Eric
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2005, 08:16:12 AM »

I've had it, still have it sometimes-people can usually tell if I'm sad, they will say "don't you look happy today", and I don't even realize I give off that vibe sometimes.  What I hate is that I'm usually depressed in the present, but a year from now, I can look back and think "that wasn't so bad"-it's hard to explain-the worst part was in Vegas last year spending most of the time in my hotel room. no It's experiencing a lot of extreme highs and lows sometimes.
im rickjames bitch
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2005, 10:24:51 PM »

, i would not feel happy or sad, i would not even feel hurt.
that sounds good i wish i had that catotonic thing
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 03:22:44 PM »

im very shy and i suffer from anxiety too. im depressed quite often, because im an outcast at school and i have a sucky social life (like 4  friends). i have hardly any self-confidence at all. i always think i look like a loser, no matter what i wear or whatever. i hardly make eye contact with people when im talking, because i feel too ashamed of myself to do so. i mumble, because i dont think ppl care about what i have to say.

i think that my life is pretty much a disaster, and i always feel it will never get considerably better. i have an occasional good day, but i usually have shitty, depressing days. occassionally, i'll throw tantrums when something minor happens (like when i spill a glass of milk or can't open a jar of something.)

about a year ago, i was sort of "getting out of my shell" in terms of shyness. there was this girl that i really liked, and i started talking to her a lot. i wanted to go out with her, so i started making friends with a bunch of people (to improve my image and seem like a cool guy). I was going to ask her out at a dance, but i never got a chance, b/c she was never alone. After that i gave up on her, and a few months later i gave her the finger in front of a group of people. she was really hurt/pissed off, and we havent really talked much since.  i couldnt get her out of my mind, and I gave her the finger because i wanted to give up and stop bothering with her. i still like her, but i think she's probably out of my league and she wont "honestly" forgive me for flippin her off.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
im rickjames bitch
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005, 09:00:41 PM »

im very shy and i suffer from anxiety too. im depressed quite often, because im an outcast at school and i have a sucky social life (like 4 friends). i have hardly any self-confidence at all. i always think i look like a loser, no matter what i wear or whatever. i hardly make eye contact with people when im talking, because i feel too ashamed of myself to do so. i mumble, because i dont think ppl care about what i have to say.

i think that my life is pretty much a disaster, and i always feel it will never get considerably better. i have an occasional good day, but i usually have shitty, depressing days. occassionally, i'll throw tantrums when something minor happens (like when i spill a glass of milk or can't open a jar of something.)

about a year ago, i was sort of "getting out of my shell" in terms of shyness. there was this girl that i really liked, and i started talking to her a lot. i wanted to go out with her, so i started making friends with a bunch of people (to improve my image and seem like a cool guy). I was going to ask her out at a dance, but i never got a chance, b/c she was never alone. After that i gave up on her, and a few months later i gave her the finger in front of a group of people. she was really hurt/pissed off, and we havent really talked much since. i couldnt get her out of my mind, and I gave her the finger because i wanted to give up and stop bothering with her. i still like her, but i think she's probably out of my league and she wont "honestly" forgive me for flippin her off.

OMG your life is the same as mine. i have 4 freinds and i never get a good opportunity to ask girls out. anyway i think evry1 on this bored has got sick of me moping and hating myself so from now on i'll only make positive posts  hihi
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: