Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:37:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Greatest Hits chart positions thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Greatest Hits chart positions thread  (Read 136914 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #280 on: April 25, 2004, 04:46:19 PM »

Still @ #1 in Finland.

Now @ #3 in The Netherlands (up from #5)

#8 in Germany (down from 6)

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #281 on: April 25, 2004, 05:43:23 PM »

#5 on BillBoard (up from # 9)

Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #282 on: April 26, 2004, 02:36:43 AM »

Good news Aussie fans ok...The Ghits is back up 4 spots from 10 to 6.....Its been at no 6 in 3 weeks...6 is as high as its been so far.. beer

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2004, 02:44:20 AM »

Good news Aussie fans ok...The Ghits is back up 4 spots from 10 to 6.....Its been at no 6 in 3 weeks...6 is as high as its been so far.. beer

Yeah i'm so stoked to see GN'R in the top 20 albums on the wall when i walk in2 HMV or Sanity ok

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #284 on: April 26, 2004, 07:42:32 AM »

still at #7 in Portugal. 2nd week in a row.
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #285 on: April 26, 2004, 05:51:56 PM »

looks like that in the u.s gn'r is gonna fall a couple of spots but still remain in the top 10. about 50 percent of the sales are recorded in this link.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

What Goes around comes around!
Insomnis
Opening Act

Long time lurker

« Reply #286 on: April 27, 2004, 08:46:09 AM »

Norway, week 6, down from #1 spot now it's @ 6th place
Welcome to the videos still #1.

Still 2nd place on the Euro chart.

I didn't see the TV ads as much last week, but the past two days I've seen it more often in a shorter version. They probably knew about the drop in sales last week!
Rachel
Opening Act

I LOVE AXL

« Reply #287 on: April 28, 2004, 07:29:17 AM »

They have dropped completley!!!i cant beleive that people would rather buy Usher than G N R's!!!! :rant:Does anyone else feel the same?

Rachel
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #288 on: April 28, 2004, 08:19:40 AM »

Apr. 28, 2004

GUNS N' ROSES' "Greatest Hits" album (Geffen Records) has proven an enormous success for Universal Music International, shipping 1.2 million units across Europe within five weeks of release.

The album brings together 14 tracks spanning the entire career of the self-styled "most dangerous band in the world," from the era-defining "Appetite For Destruction" LP to punk-covers release "The Spaghetti Incident?"

Released internationally on March 15 (March 23 in the U.S.), the album has featured at the top of the charts in Austria, Finland, Ireland, Norway and the U.K. It is now two times platinum in Ireland & the United Kingdom, platinum in Norway and Switzerland, and gold in Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy and Sweden.

"Greatest Hits" has also sold 1 million copies in the USA and Canada, peaking at No. 3 on the U.S. Billboard charts, and at No. 2 in Canada, and is gold in both territories. It is also two times platinum in New Zealand and gold in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan.

source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=21853
Insomnis
Opening Act

Long time lurker

« Reply #289 on: April 28, 2004, 12:10:09 PM »

Platinum for CDs in Norway is 40.000 units. That is not bad in 5 weeks !!! I believe the Illusion sets has shiftet close to 150.000 each. I'm not so sure about Lies and Appetite, but I believe Lies has sold more than 75.000. And Appetite should have sold more, but not sure about that.

Actually Lies entered the Norwegian chart before Appetite, however Appetite was on the chart for 26 weeks, Lies only had 12 weeks on the chart.
madagas
« Reply #290 on: April 28, 2004, 02:00:43 PM »

#8 on Billboard in US this week.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #291 on: April 29, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »

Apr. 28, 2004

GUNS N' ROSES' "Greatest Hits" album (Geffen Records) has proven an enormous success for Universal Music International, shipping 1.2 million units across Europe within five weeks of release.

The album brings together 14 tracks spanning the entire career of the self-styled "most dangerous band in the world," from the era-defining "Appetite For Destruction" LP to punk-covers release "The Spaghetti Incident?"

Released internationally on March 15 (March 23 in the U.S.), the album has featured at the top of the charts in Austria, Finland, Ireland, Norway and the U.K. It is now two times platinum in Ireland & the United Kingdom, platinum in Norway and Switzerland, and gold in Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy and Sweden.

"Greatest Hits" has also sold 1 million copies in the USA and Canada, peaking at No. 3 on the U.S. Billboard charts, and at No. 2 in Canada, and is gold in both territories. It is also two times platinum in New Zealand and gold in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and Taiwan.

source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=21853
then gnr gh was sold in about 3 milion copies(with asia,japan and south america),that's great sucess.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #292 on: April 29, 2004, 12:34:42 PM »

in 5/6 weeks it's great yeah...You'll see it, when "Chinese Democracy" is released, It will massively dominate the Charts. I feel it, I think it's going to be enormous. really enormous. The music and the success. A masterpiece of Rock n' Roll. Can't explain that, it's a fucking good feeling...anybody has the same feeling that me?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2004, 12:37:22 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #293 on: April 29, 2004, 01:08:46 PM »

in 5/6 weeks it's great yeah...You'll see it, when "Chinese Democracy" is released, It will massively dominate the Charts. I feel it, I think it's going to be enormous. really enormous. The music and the success. A masterpiece of Rock n' Roll. Can't explain that, it's a fucking good feeling...anybody has the same feeling that me?
yes man,but it not just a felling it is fact.and i'm sure very hardcore gnr fan will have mmore than one copy of new album
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #294 on: April 30, 2004, 06:48:45 AM »

#3 in Sweden this week, has been certified gold (sales of 30000 copies).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #295 on: April 30, 2004, 09:04:51 AM »

Back up to #2 in Iceland (#3 last week). ok

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #296 on: May 02, 2004, 05:49:30 AM »

Looks like it could be dropping off the No.1 spot in the UK it's been down in a number of shops and online lists, interesting though looking in Night & Day magazine (comes free w/ 'The Mail On Sunday') they had the album chart positions and had a picture of Axl saying Guns N' Roses are top of the album charts interesting thing though was the picture was from the 2002 VMA's, normally they show the old pictures so it was nice to have a recent one
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2004, 06:54:47 AM »

Still no 1 in Finland. 7th week on the charts 4th in the top position.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2004, 03:00:51 PM »

Slipped to No.2 in the UK like i predicted Anastacia is at No.3 but now at No.1 is D12 rant
Insomnis
Opening Act

Long time lurker

« Reply #299 on: May 04, 2004, 05:51:44 AM »

Dropped from 6th to 7th place on the Norwegian Chart, still #2 on the Euro chart, and #1 on the Norwegian Music DVD chart.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: