Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:58:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228113 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I hope Axl doesn't lose his band
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hope Axl doesn't lose his band  (Read 6232 times)
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2005, 03:37:35 PM »

Dizzy won't leave, he can't get far enough away from Axl cos his tounge is too far up his ass!

Thats a bit harsh, Dizzy is a very well respected musician in his own right. Look at how many bands and artists have asked for his keyboard magic since he joined what was the biggest band in the world, and dont get me started on his awesome solo work......breathtaking.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2005, 06:58:39 PM »

Hopefully that won't happen.  On one hand everyone who's commented on the album says that they're very proud of the work they've done.  Stinson has said many complimentary things about Axl and the process of working on the album.  The few people outside of the band who've heard songs from the album, such as Brian May, have had nothing but positive comments.  It seems as though artistically everyone involved is happy with what's been done.

On the other side, most musicians like to get on the road and tour.  Most musicians don't want to spend countless hours in the recording studio trying to make the perfect album.  This is why the other members of the band are out on the road touring by themselves right now.  Don't forget though, it seems unlikely they'll leave the band at this point simply because the financial implications.  They can make as much money from one show with Guns N Roses as they can with an entire solo tour.  It seems that the recording process is finished, and the other group members are doing their solo projects as they await the post production getting wrapped up.  I would be surprised if anyone else quit, given the fact that they've obviously been allowed to do their own thing, whether it's releasing solo albums or touring with other groups.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2005, 07:25:38 PM »

Don't forget though, it seems unlikely they'll leave the band at this point simply because the financial implications.  They can make as much money from one show with Guns N Roses as they can with an entire solo tour.

These are the comments that I love the most.  According to everything we have heard, they are paid ANNUAL SALARIES.  Who do you honestly think gets the majority of the money from touring?  Probably the guy who is paying the salaries.  Do they get a small chunk of it?  I am sure they get a small percentage of each show, but nothing outlandish that is going to let them retire after one show.  I think there is a very strong possibility they may leave.  All they are referred to now is "(insert name here) of Guns N' Roses."  After a while that may get old and they may get sick of the questions.  Plus, who wants to play with a band where a potential riot may ensue each show? 

Of course, this is just my pessimistic self.  I still dont think this album will ever see the light of day.  So whether members leave or not, in my opinion it wont matter....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2005, 07:29:16 PM »

the title of this thread is my only concern in regards to GNR.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2005, 07:34:51 PM »

Obviously Axl is going to get the majority of the money from the tour, that's a given.  But when a band like Guns N Roses does an arena tour they get a load of money for every date.  On the current Motley Crue tour for example the band's being paid about $1,000,000 per show.  Even if GnR gets less than that on their next tour, say, $500,000 for a single show date and Axl takes $400,000 for himself, the other band members are still making more than they would on a solo tour date.  Tommy Stinson or Dizzy Reed probably get $2000-4000 bucks or so to play a gig, and then they have to split that up with the other people in their band.  But even so, being in Guns N Roses isn't preventing Stinson from doing his own thing, or Fortus from going on tour with another band. 
Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2005, 09:16:59 AM »

As a failed rock star myself who was signed for a while,  I still have a few friends left in 'the biz'. The word I'm hearing is that the band haven't been paid since February when their label stopped putting more cash into CD. Tommy remains very loyal to Axl and is not budging...for the moment. Money has started to show up for a Replacements reunion but Westerbergs comments about Axl have pissed Tommy off so that will not be on the cards for now.

Bear in mind what I have been told is by a record company guy with nothing to do with GNR so it could all be a steaming pile of shite...

Just thought I'd share.

Regarding appearance fees, those guys would be on about 5-10K a night for the bigger gigs. I know guys who play as session musicians who are not even band not band members who make about 8K a week for 4 shows.
peace,
Intercourse
madagas
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2005, 10:42:14 AM »

The fact that Fortus just put up a web site and the opening line of his bio talks about being a member of Gnr is a positive sign. Well, at least I think it is. Wink
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2005, 11:30:34 AM »

The fact that Fortus just put up a web site and the opening line of his bio talks about being a member of Gnr is a positive sign. Well, at least I think it is. Wink

Ah yes, those "positive signs". When there is nothing going on in the world of GnR, If you look hard enough & apply some creative thinking, you can always find some "positive signs" to make you feel a little better about the whole thing.

Just joking, Madagas, if I remember, you're a Wilco fan so you're allright in my book ok
sandman
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2005, 11:42:43 AM »

i think bandmembers leaving is a VERY good possibility. and a legitimate concern for all fans.

buckethead was the most important member of this band, and he's gone.

money is a major factor, but it's not the only factor. not all musicians will do anything for a buck.

and i'm guessing they are not getting paid much (if anything at all) right now. so it's the promise of money down the road, IF the album comes out and they manage to tour successfully behind it. those are 2 very big ifs which i'm sure every member thinks about frequently.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2005, 12:03:30 PM »

What do you base that on?

When people say Axl was the most important part of the band, they get attacked by people saying everybody in the band was important (including Steven).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
madagas
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2005, 12:32:56 PM »

Jarmo, I would have to say Bucket was the most important part as well...at least on the surface. He was getting the most press along with Tommy. He also really fit Axl's chaotic vision because he can literally play anything and everything. Of course, without an album, we really don't know what Axl's vision is! hihi So, in the end, he may not be important at all. Embarrassed

ps Providman, you are right, I am a big Wilco fan...saw a GREAT show in Atlanta. Nels Cline..Nels Cline...maybe Axl could recruit him? Just kidding. And I AM just trying to find any reason to believe that Axl may do something..it is a desperate situation!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2005, 01:30:15 PM »

What do you base that on?

When people say Axl was the most important part of the band, they get attacked by people saying everybody in the band was important (including Steven).

/jarmo

it's called an opinion, jarmo.

based on the fact that he was by far the most talked about "added gun" in this group.

in addition, axl went to great measures to get him into the band.

(i'm not clear what your point is. are you "attacking" me because you're upset that people "attacked"axl supporters?Huh)

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2005, 01:32:39 PM »

No, the "point" is, sometimes people get attacked for labeling somebody as more "important" than some other member.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2005, 01:51:40 PM »

No, the "point" is, sometimes people get attacked for labeling somebody as more "important" than some other member.

/jarmo

you questioned my opinion....i thought your point was that you disagreed with it.

if anyone disagrees with my opinion, bring it on. attack me. i love good debates.

axl was and is the most important member of gnr. but of the new members, buckethead was by far the most important.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2005, 02:17:35 PM »

Well I do disagree with it.

I think Tommy is a more important part of the band than Buckethead was. He's been there longer.

/jarmo

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2005, 02:28:03 PM »

I think Tommy is a more important part of the band than Buckethead was. He's been there longer.

/jarmo

Then our man is... Dizzy!  hihi

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
sandman
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2005, 02:32:13 PM »

/jarmo

and that extra time with the band has been so productive. ?rofl

i think buckethead is a better musician.

i think he's more interesting; and thus, would generate more interest in the new lineup.

and tommy is a coke-head, which means he's a risk. ?

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2005, 02:34:43 PM »

/jarmo

and that extra time with the band has been so productive. ?rofl

i think buckethead is a better musician.

i think he's more interesting; and thus, would generate more interest in the new lineup.

and tommy is a coke-head, which means he's a risk. ?

Noh, noh, there are no junkies in the band anymore. Look at Finck, he looks like someone who lives without drugs. Or Brian 'Pothead' Mantia. Or Pittman. Or Stinson. Well, maybe there are still some...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
madagas
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2005, 02:39:29 PM »

Tommy and Bucket are about even in my book. I don't know about Bucket being a better all around musician either. Tommy is pretty talented. As of today, he  is clearly the most important..image wise..attitude wise...very well respected in the industry as well (threw that in just for Falcon-indie cred right? That is all that's important!).? hihi
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 02:42:57 PM by madagas » Logged
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2005, 02:43:26 PM »

All of these people are in the band specifically because they are the kind of people that *wouldn't* turn their back on Axl, but on the other side, the frustration will almost have to overpower someone in the band at some time, even if it's only temporarily. I have no clue...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: