Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I hope Axl doesn't lose his band
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hope Axl doesn't lose his band  (Read 6252 times)
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« on: April 15, 2005, 03:52:22 PM »

The longer Axl takes with releasing this album, I think he will start losing more band members.  He already lost Buckethead, and who knows who will be next.  You don't think Westerburg has been in Tommy's ear asking what he is doing with Axl?  Or you don't think Dizzy, Brain, or any other member gets shit about working with Axl.  Sooner or later, these guys will say to themselves "yeah, what the hell am I doing?  This is bullshit".  These guys hear this stuff all the time and hopefully they stay loyal to Axl's plan.

Do you guys think this scenerio is a likely possibility?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 03:56:41 PM »

I think they are getting paid a lot. So no.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 04:10:13 PM »

I think they are getting paid a lot. So no.

That might be true to

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
estranged.1098
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 04:38:41 PM »

That's a very unlikely scenario.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 04:55:55 PM »

The longer Axl takes with releasing this album, I think he will start losing more band members.  He already lost Buckethead, and who knows who will be next.  You don't think Westerburg has been in Tommy's ear asking what he is doing with Axl?  Or you don't think Dizzy, Brain, or any other member gets shit about working with Axl.  Sooner or later, these guys will say to themselves "yeah, what the hell am I doing?  This is bullshit".  These guys hear this stuff all the time and hopefully they stay loyal to Axl's plan.

I think Tommy is definetly hearing from people (not just Paul) that he has other option$ out there, (just look at his interviews where they ask him about   a Mats reuinon from 2003-20005, it's gone from 'no' to 'if the price is right...'). Dizzy will always stick around in spite of himelf cuz Axl picked him up from nothing....Brain certainly has plenty of other things to keep him busy (drum clinc, claypool). Fortus is a respected studio/touring gutiarist, Robin can undoubtedly find someone to tour with (Manson?)...In my mind though, everything is predicated on Tommy. He's the musical director of this band and Axl's go-to guy..if he leaves, the others will be sure to follow (save Dizzy).
   I think we greatly overestimate HOW MUCH these guys are actually paid for their services too...after all, some of them have wives and kids..and that aint cheap.
    September will be the bell-weather for this band..if Axl has nothing set in terms of a relaese date by then, it might as well be over.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 05:00:54 PM »

I think Axl is extremely afraid to release this album, I don't know why he is so afraid.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 05:41:51 PM »

I don't think they're paid much now.
I still can't believe BH left. How come?
Who could leave songs like IRS behind?
The music is bliss and grace.

I think unless the leader asks them so, they are very unlikely to leave the band before releasing everything. Temporary, yes.
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 05:49:18 PM »

For, sure

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 05:56:56 PM »

He will eventually. Once one of them becomes big enough to not need the publicity they will walk.

If they haven't already.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2005, 07:44:55 PM »

Axl have selected these people cos he trusts them and they wont stab him the back!

EEEERRRR Little boy
SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 01:53:09 AM »

They won't leave if the pay is right. So far, so good. Besides bucket.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2005, 05:44:05 AM »

Why not start a happy thread and not one that has everyone doubting all over again!

I SUGGEST THIS THREAD IS LOCKED!

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2005, 02:16:31 PM »

Why not start a happy thread and not one that has everyone doubting all over again!

I SUGGEST THIS THREAD IS LOCKED!

I'm not trying to put doubt in anybody's mind.  The fact of the matter is that this could very easily happen now.  Axl is taking way too long.  Members are getting frustrated, I have seen it in there faces, and can tell by certain responses, and stories.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2005, 02:21:46 PM »

Something that Axl seems to value greatly is loyalty.  If he loses band members because they lose faith or because they aren't "shouldering" abuse from the negative people, then, I'm sure that while the loss will hurt Axl, in the long run, he'll feel its better that they leave. 

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2005, 03:03:55 PM »

This is a real possibility given how long they have been waiting.

Though I do think it is not likely since being in GNR is not holding them back to do solo stuff and side projects. Better to be associated with GNR for publicity at least then not at all.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2005, 07:57:56 PM »

I don't think Tommy's going anywhere...he talked about paying bills the last time he played in my town and let's face it, money for nothing...can't beat that...and he gets to do a solo album, and tour... hihi

...as far as Buckethead I'm glad he left because he tours a lot more on his own than he would ever do in GNR...and I get to see him more...joining GNR wasn't entirely about money obviously for him....

Dizzy will be there until hell freezes over...and Richard's using his spare time to tour...how can you beat that arrangement?
axls earwax
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2005, 01:19:11 AM »

I think that they will stay because Chinesse democracy  will be the bomb and make alot of $. peace
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2005, 01:49:02 AM »

I think that they will stay because Chinesse democracy? will be the bomb and make alot of $. peace
ok i don't read all the topics, i only read the 10 most recent posts a couple of times per day...and almost everyday when it comes to a topic about the band and it's current members i see a post like this. So i thought it was time to say something about it (maybe someone else already did...)

Any kind of JOB isn't all about the paycheck! It's about having fun also! No money in the world can replace that (atleast not for me...while writing this i have my doubts about the americans...).

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
W Axl Rick
Opening Act

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2005, 04:02:34 AM »

It is already happening isn't it?  I started a thread of a similar topic myself not long ago. Most people seem to think that it comes down to loyalty equals being paid well. Apparently not for Bucket, Tobias, Freese and now it looks like Forteus. Those musicians haven't had any trouble finding other work. Wonder what Finck is thinking? Hoping on a GNR revival is probably the best bet for Dizzy and Stinson. I guess thats why they are still loyal.

I recently acquired Paris 92 on DVD. Its the best GNR concert I have ever seen. Axl was great then. I really hope Axl knows what he's doing now. Although it really doesn't look promising of late. Just my opinion anyway. I hope he proves me wrong.

W.Axl.Rick.

W Axl Rick.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2005, 03:32:05 PM »

Dizzy won't leave, he can't get far enough away from Axl cos his tounge is too far up his ass!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: