Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:03:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson - US tour, Jan - Apr 2005 info & reviews [updated March 4]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson - US tour, Jan - Apr 2005 info & reviews [updated March 4]  (Read 43790 times)
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2005, 01:36:39 PM »

So why was the Toronto date cancelled?

Fuck All Y'all
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2005, 05:27:49 PM »

Hmm. I live in western Kentucky. I'm a little over an hour from Nashville, but 3 hours from Lexington. I'll definitely make the Nashville show, but Lexington...?  rant

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
wolftread
Headliner

No Refrain

« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2005, 08:35:51 PM »

This is a little off topic....but I am afraid to feel the wrath of the Admin's of this Board if I were to post a new message and it had been covered, or if it was in the wrong place.? Can't really tell if it was covered because it will not let me search old threads??? It states that I do not have access to search.? What is up with that??

Anyways, Here is just a little tidbit about Tommy and Saturday Night Live.? Watching Saturday Night Live the last three weeks and as they seque way into commerical breaks they show a New York City Telephone or Power pole with a "Tommy Stinson" concert flyer attached to the pole.? It's pretty cool with a picture of Tommy and his name.? I've seen it like 10 times.? Anyways that is it......Sorry if this was covered earlier....

Peace....
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2005, 02:06:10 PM »

So who's going to see Tommy on tour?

I'd be interested to know how he is received stateside and whether its mostly Replacements, GNR or casual fans attending his gigs. And that he's in good spirits, naturally  Smiley

Here today...ready to rock
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2005, 02:30:39 PM »

This is a little off topic....but I am afraid to feel the wrath of the Admin's of this Board if I were to post a new message and it had been covered, or if it was in the wrong place.  Can't really tell if it was covered because it will not let me search old threads??  It states that I do not have access to search.  What is up with that??

Anyways, Here is just a little tidbit about Tommy and Saturday Night Live.  Watching Saturday Night Live the last three weeks and as they seque way into commerical breaks they show a New York City Telephone or Power pole with a "Tommy Stinson" concert flyer attached to the pole.  It's pretty cool with a picture of Tommy and his name.  I've seen it like 10 times.  Anyways that is it......Sorry if this was covered earlier....

Peace....
I think it wasn't. I wish I could see that.
And don't you worry. The Admin n mods here are angels....... Shocked well, to the people who behave
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 02:32:22 PM by ppbebe » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2005, 03:28:47 PM »

[ The Admin n mods here are angels.......
pfft,? yes

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=18113.0

intrestin qusetion scabbie, guess the intrest may be question regardin the guns\situation Roll Eyes
pandora said we could request questions here if i remember correctly, ask about guns yes

have fun at the show beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2005, 06:26:28 PM »

Here's the latest list of dates:

January:
21 - Fargo, ND @ House Of Rock
22 - Minneapolis, MN @ Uptown Bar
23 - Milwaukee, WI @ Shank Hall
25 - Hamtramck, MI @ Small's
26 - Toronto, Canada @ The Horseshoe NEW
27 - Buffalo, NY @ The Mohawk Place
28 - Long Branch, NJ @ Brighton Bar NEW
29 - New York, NY @ Mercury Lounge
30 - Cambridge, MA @ Middle East

February:
2 - Philadelphia, PA @ World Cafe
3 - Brooklyn, NY @ Southpaw
4 - Arlington, VA @ IOTA Cafe
5 - Chapel Hill, NC @ Cat's Cradle
7 - Atlanta, GA @ Smithe's Olde Bar
8 - Nashville, TN @ The Exit Inn 71H
9 - Lexington, KY @ The Dame
10 - Chicago, IL @ The Double Door
11 - Cedar Falls, IO @ The Reverb

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Hosen
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #147 on: January 19, 2005, 04:39:18 AM »

Tommy Stinsons official site: "Tommy Stinson Village Gorilla Head Solo Acoustic Tour January 21st thru February 11th". Well I guess no UK tour dates then???
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: January 19, 2005, 09:26:46 AM »

Tommy Stinsons official site: "Tommy Stinson Village Gorilla Head Solo Acoustic Tour January 21st thru February 11th". Well I guess no UK tour dates then???

I hope someone stalks him and asks him about chidem.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #149 on: January 19, 2005, 09:51:26 AM »

....and gets the usual answer : "soon" or something to that effect. Or gets punched in the face when he becomes sick of hearing that question for the millionth time  hihi
Honestly, I think it's useless asking him about CD. He probably won't give any more info.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2005, 10:25:12 AM »

....and gets the usual answer : "soon" or something to that effect. Or gets punched in the face when he becomes sick of hearing that question for the millionth time? hihi
Honestly, I think it's useless asking him about CD. He probably won't give any more info.

I for one was pretty happy someone asked that question in Paris ... he seems to be a nice guy that's really open-minded and fun w/ people... I don't think he'll mind that at all if it's not asked abruptely ... people have to find the right moment  that's all Wink

The force ... the force ...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2005, 10:30:12 AM »

....and gets the usual answer : "soon" or something to that effect. Or gets punched in the face when he becomes sick of hearing that question for the millionth time? hihi

I'm afraid it comes with the territory for Tommy, and I'm sure he's acutely aware of that. In fact, if no one asked the question, then maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't be so patient with GNR? He's probably more sick of hearing 'well we're waiting on xyz before we can release it' from Axl/GNR Management, than he is of the perpetual 'whens it out question' from fans. I think its a perfectly legitimate question for a fan to ask, and if it keeps up the pressure on the band and record company, then what the hell.

Here today...ready to rock
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2005, 11:30:29 PM »

hmmm...appears as though the t.o. show is back up again...
now to atend or not?  Too bad it's on a wed (go to school in another city away from Toronto)....hmmmm.  Went last time, and it was good.  But I think I better stay here and make some of my friends "represent".....(plus I'm feeling sick, and have an exam soon)....sorry Tommy Smiley  wish I could go....we'll see....
who ever goes, ENJOY!!! beer

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
DemocracyRose
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2005, 01:48:27 AM »

I think its good news, that Tommy havent comfirmed any UK dates...

Then he soon will be back in the GNR-camp... Wink

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2005, 08:58:35 AM »

Blabbermouth is reporting that Tommy told the phily fans that CD is going to come out in april..
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2005, 12:57:07 PM »

I went to Tommy's show Saturday night at the Uptown bar in Minneapolis.  Great show, I got the setlist afterwards.

Setlist: (in Tommy's abbreviations)

7 Days
Moment Too Soon
W. A. V.
Future Boy
L.O.D.
Hey You
Someday
Nightime
Act. Monkey

Then he had a list of 6 but left out the 2 off of VGH

O.K.                             Come to Hide
Bite Tongue                 Short Cut
One Man Guy               Sometimes

Makes Me Happy
Turn it Up
Motivation

They played that straight through and then him and Dave went off stage and then just Tommy came back on and played 2 more songs, can't remember what they were but were from Perfect and Bash and Pop.  They went on about 11:30 and finished just after 1.  For those of you that don't know the Uptown is tiny, feels like it holds 75 people at max.  Cover was $7.  We got to the bar early like at 7.  Tommy walked in the front door probably around 7:45 pm or so.  Him and Dave did their own soundcheck at about 8pm, kind of weird being 20 feet away from a legend watching him do his own soundcheck.  I felt bad for the sound guy cause Tommy told him exactly what to do and it didn't seem like he had a clue.  My friend was "that guy" and went and requested him to play Tiny Pieces but Tommy said they would have to learn it first.  It kind of sounds like a line but during the show Dave would be flipping through this notebook to get chords of the songs. 

Tommy had trouble staying in tune most of the night and kept saying that it was "cold, and wood and metal do not work well in cold".  He even stopped light of day i think so he could tune.  He mentioned at the beginning about "liking to play in Minnesota cause it was a blue state and he wanted to do all his dates in blue states, but then realized that he wouldn't make any money, so then he thought about just narrowing it down to blue counties".  Pretty funny even though I'm conservative.  He was drinking whisky on stage. 

He plays alot of his songs with a capo, usually pretty high around the fifth or sixth fret.  On alot of the VGH songs, Dave plays slide which was pretty cool.

For merchandise he sells two shirts, both for $13 and sells all three of his cd's for $13 apiece too I believe. 

I talked to Tommy briefly about VGH and the tour so far.  I didn't even want to ask about CD because I think it's retarded when people ask him about it.  I mean, what do you think an average Joe is going to get out of him other than him just getting annoyed.  Plus we've all heard what his answers are so I don't think he would say anything new.

I'd say the crowd was about 99% Replacements fans, but that's a given playing in his hometown.  He didn't mention GNR once during the night but I thought I heard him say something about Paul. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
DemocracyRose
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2005, 02:04:04 PM »

Great review...

Good, that you didnt ask him about C.D.

Its useless anyway..
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2005, 01:03:56 AM »

Has anything been mentioned about Tommy touring Australia at all?
Its fucked. Everyone tours everywhere except Australia.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2005, 02:46:59 AM »

I went to Tommy's show Saturday night at the Uptown bar in Minneapolis.? Great show, I got the setlist afterwards.

Setlist: (in Tommy's abbreviations)

7 Days
Moment Too Soon
W. A. V.
Future Boy
L.O.D.
Hey You
Someday
Nightime
Act. Monkey

Then he had a list of 6 but left out the 2 off of VGH

O.K.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Come to Hide
Bite Tongue? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Short Cut
One Man Guy? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Sometimes

Makes Me Happy
Turn it Up
Motivation

They played that straight through and then him and Dave went off stage and then just Tommy came back on and played 2 more songs, can't remember what they were but were from Perfect and Bash and Pop.? They went on about 11:30 and finished just after 1.? For those of you that don't know the Uptown is tiny, feels like it holds 75 people at max.? Cover was $7.? We got to the bar early like at 7.? Tommy walked in the front door probably around 7:45 pm or so.? Him and Dave did their own soundcheck at about 8pm, kind of weird being 20 feet away from a legend watching him do his own soundcheck.? I felt bad for the sound guy cause Tommy told him exactly what to do and it didn't seem like he had a clue.? My friend was "that guy" and went and requested him to play Tiny Pieces but Tommy said they would have to learn it first.? It kind of sounds like a line but during the show Dave would be flipping through this notebook to get chords of the songs.?

Tommy had trouble staying in tune most of the night and kept saying that it was "cold, and wood and metal do not work well in cold".? He even stopped light of day i think so he could tune.? He mentioned at the beginning about "liking to play in Minnesota cause it was a blue state and he wanted to do all his dates in blue states, but then realized that he wouldn't make any money, so then he thought about just narrowing it down to blue counties".? Pretty funny even though I'm conservative.? He was drinking whisky on stage.?

He plays alot of his songs with a capo, usually pretty high around the fifth or sixth fret.? On alot of the VGH songs, Dave plays slide which was pretty cool.

For merchandise he sells two shirts, both for $13 and sells all three of his cd's for $13 apiece too I believe.?

I talked to Tommy briefly about VGH and the tour so far.? I didn't even want to ask about CD because I think it's retarded when people ask him about it.? I mean, what do you think an average Joe is going to get out of him other than him just getting annoyed.? Plus we've all heard what his answers are so I don't think he would say anything new.

I'd say the crowd was about 99% Replacements fans, but that's a given playing in his hometown.? He didn't mention GNR once during the night but I thought I heard him say something about Paul.?

I was there too.  I was in the front.  But I left after "Act Monkey" I think.  I was kind of sick.  I didn't talk to Tommy but he bumped into my shoulder when he came in the bar.  That's about it, I didn't want to bug him.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2005, 07:58:26 PM »

i cant wait tomorrow is tommys hsow...i just need to find out what time he is supposed to go on because i have baseball pratcice at 5 and prob wont get home till 8 so hopefully tommy gets on at like 9 or later and hopefully no1 goes so i can just yap it up with the general...

btw are you allowed to take pictures....is he cool with that?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: