Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:28:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ozzy mentions GN'R
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy mentions GN'R  (Read 6108 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2005, 12:25:17 AM »

I think the GNR breakup was a great thing

I love Velvet Revolver, they kick fuckin ass

and what ive heard from Axl kicks fuckin ass

so we are two time winners

no losers here.

Axl is gonna give us great,new innovative shit

VR are gonna give us classic kick ass rock

evolution happens but the breakup spawned two great bands instead of just one.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
usurper
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2005, 03:58:00 AM »

i'm just gonna copy and paste what i posted at thenewguns about this:

at least axl hasn't turned himself into a fucking vegetable.

Too true, and at least Axl can sing better than Ozzy, and write better songs, and perform live on stage better.
jgfnsr
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2005, 05:55:41 AM »

RANT, so you don't beleive that GNR's death (in 94, in all intents and purposes) was a trajedy for rock music?

In one sense, absolutely.? Guns N' Roses truly were the last great hard-rock band.? They were as big and probably better than just about any other group of their kind.? Ever.?

While there has been some great stuff that other groups have released since, nothing has yet even become to come close to being on par with GN'R.

So yes, it is a tragedy for rock music.?

However, not as big a tragedy as if they had truly been able to carry on.? In my opinion, all the evidence simply points to the fact that we got everything we possibly could out of the old band, and so there was never any reason to expect anything further.
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2005, 02:40:05 PM »

i have to agree with AXL'SRANT , its a tragedy because Guns was great but the reality its that as a band they were done , they wouldnt be able to carry another album and less another tour , they were sick of each other , so it would be difficult to be creative with each other and wrote great songs together .

the tragedy its not that Axl went nuts , its just that the band couldnt give more in that petiod of time .

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2005, 02:43:50 PM »

For fuck's sakes , Ozzy O is ENTITLED to his opinion, so why do some people compare his singing to axl's or compare the degree of bipolarity between the two ?

Jeese, the guy's been in the business long enough to have a say and it's a free world. confused

Nothing to say
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2005, 07:59:13 PM »

I think it's pretty safe to say that GN'R was in HORRENDOUS condition (physically, personally, legally, etc.) after the UYI tour. Any notion that they could have easily just sat down in '95 or '96 and cranked out AFD II in four months or whatever is pure fantasy... especially considering the rise of grunge, punk and goth/techno. They should have just gone into a "semi-retirement" of sorts for at least five years in '94 and not screwed around with the Zach Wild and Paul Huge sagas.

Perhaps, in '99 they would have had a "window of opportunity" to get back together refreshed and would have had a slightly changed musical landscape working in their favor (remember SPIN's '99 "What the World Needs Now is Axl Rose" article?). They would have all been still in their 30's and maybe even would have been successful in getting Izzy back as at least a song writer. I guess, this to me is the "tragedy" of GN'R. That they didn't just have the sense to let it lie until it all felt "right" again... 94-96 was just too damn early and the wrong "time" externally (music wise) from them to be back in the studio... and that's when Axl really freaked out about the changed musical landscape and the dominos began to fall.... Gilby (Fired), Slash (Quit), Matt (Fired/Quit), Duff (Quit)....

Nevertheless, I do continue to believe that Axl and nu-GN'R are fully capable of delivering a phenomenal album... whenever they get around to it... nervous 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 08:03:59 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Elrothiel
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2005, 09:30:32 AM »

I believe it is a tragedy that the old band broke up... its not just because the world was deprived of another great album from a great band, but because a group of friends who had been friends for years decided they didn't want to be friends anymore. That's the tragedy for them anyway.
Sure, everyone wonders what could have been, but it didn't. Now, instead of one insanely great band, we have two bands, one which is a mediocre hybrid between hard-rock and grunge, and one where every song seems to sound different.
Is it just me, or when you listen to Gn'R, do you look out the window at random cloud formations and imagine its a huge great stage and the old band is playing there, and then feel sad, while you think to yourself "Man, they were so great... *sniff*".
I do.
Anyhoo, I have two different opinions of Ozzy. I respect him for inventing heavy metal, but I don't for selling out and agreeing with everything Sharon says to get more money. And I hate Kelly and Jack because they're just using the show to get famous. Aimee isn't so bad in my eyes seeing as she isn't an attention seeking fame-grabber like Kelly and Jack.
Anyhoo, it ain't stopping me from listenin to Black Sabbath and the solo albums. my fav is the Tribute to Randy Rhoads album, man that guy's guitar solos fuckin rocked! I get goosebumps every time I hear that lick in Crazy Train!!

One thing more about Gn'R and then I'll shut up - it never fails to amaze me that every time I listen to Appetite, it always sounds new. It NEVER sounds dated! It fucking rules. Yes I know everyone knows that, I just wanted to say it again.
Bye bye!!
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2005, 02:55:08 PM »

I only read the first page of posts but as far as anyone getting offended on axl's behalf because of what ozzy said..I think you're missing a big part of it. He is complimenting guns n roses and saying they were great and axl was a large part of that so it goes to him as well. And ya know what? It does suck that Nothing by any form of guns has come out in so long I don't care what anyone says. And I am not knocking the new band, but we have yet to hear anything real from them besides OMG. So...whatever....and ozzy selling out is completely off-topic.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: