Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:28:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ozzy mentions GN'R
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy mentions GN'R  (Read 6144 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: April 14, 2005, 10:05:27 AM »

Thursday, April 14, 2005
Alice Cooper meets Ozzy Osbourne
In an interview to Alice Cooper (on his Nights with Alice Cooper radio show) that was posted online yesterday, Ozzy Osbourne spoke about the great rock bands of the past. "How more simple can you get than "You really got me" [by The Kinks]". I bought that single and I played it until I had to buy another one" said Ozzy. Regarding his influences and the impact of the Beatles: "I don't think there will ever be another Beatles... it's melodic."

He also made a comment about another rock band: "The tragedy of the last 20 years was Guns N' Roses... they were well up there... then Axl [Rose] read the tealeaves in his cup and went nuts or something".

http://www.therockradio.com/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 10:07:31 AM »

As far as rock music goes, it really is a tragedy, Ozzy is correct.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 10:20:51 AM »

I guess this is how it looks from the outside: GNR were a magnificent band with tons of potential to become even bigger, until Axl's insanity fucked it all up. Well that's not true, not intirely, anyway

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 10:33:33 AM »

I agree with Ozzy 100%.  GNR not sticking together was the greatest rock tragedy in the last 20 years.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
usurper
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 10:36:55 AM »

The real greatest tragedy of the last 20 years is how Ozzy has sold-out and become a drone following any order that his wife Sharon gives him. Thats the real tragedy.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 11:11:17 AM »

The real greatest tragedy of the last 20 years is how Ozzy has sold-out and become a drone following any order that his wife Sharon gives him. Thats the real tragedy.

i disagree. disappointing? yes. tragic? no.

black sabbath will always be the gods of metal. and ozzy is still a legend.

i agree with ozzy's statement. axl and slash were one of the greatest teams in rock history. they brought out the best in each other. and had they stuck it out and continued to make music, they would be recognized as one of the all time greats. they could have reached levels greater than successful bands such as U2 and aerosmith.

they are remembered more for their troubles, and for what could have been.

that is tragic. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 11:29:40 AM »

Ozzy a sold-out! I have lost alot of respect to that guy the last couple of years! Its sad coz Ozzy was a real rocknroll star
I guess its only Axl left! The last real rock n rol hero! from the old days hmm.. Okay, lets include slash and Duff also!
Stinson, Fortus and the rest of the band could be the new real rock n roll for today! The band have alot of potensial!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 12:01:35 PM »

Obviously in these 10-15 years we could've gotten 4 or 5 amazing albums. But then you have to take into consideration Axl's own words, when he said that people wanting him to be with his ex band members don't realize what a hell that would be for him.

Even though we all know how great the albums would have been, it wouldn't be fair. People are together and people break up every day (bands, friends, marriages....). Things happen, even if it was the greatest friendship, band, couple or whatever.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 12:12:32 PM »

Why stick with a band just because people want you to?  When creatively Axl was moving forward in a new direction and Shash & Duff were content doing what they were doing.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
usurper
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 12:15:15 PM »

Fine, sell-out.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2005, 01:26:54 PM »

Sure, Ozzy may have sold out but at least he is accessible to his fans.  He records, tours, interviews, etc.  All the while Axl sits his selfish ass in his Malibu compound trying to obsessively put his shoes and socks on in just a perfect way.  Ozzy is old now, he's not going to act like he used to, it's only natural.  What is not natural is for a mega-star (Axl) to sit around with his thumbs up his ass for 10 plus years.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2005, 01:43:17 PM »

Ozzy is correct

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 02:04:26 PM »

It will only be a tragedy if CD is never released.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2005, 02:19:23 PM »

Maybe a Tradegy.  But maybe their legend and impact is magnified becasue they didn't go too long.  Maybe that helped them.  So the real Guns will never be like Aerosmith or Ozzy.

Ritz Reeves

Ritz Reeves III
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2005, 02:22:03 PM »

If they broke up that would be correct....to date Axl has dragged the death out forever and are now viewed as an embarrassment.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 03:49:15 PM »

I disagree.  I believe to most rock fans GNR encompasses Axl, Slash and Duff.  I love NuGnr but I don't think they tarnish the image yet.  If they produce five crappy records maybe.  But I think GNR is considered a 7 year time period to most. 

Ritz Reeves III
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 03:56:01 PM »

To go along with what Disco said regarding this entire situation being an embarrassment, I believe that the old band said it best, "Time went by and it became a joke."

This new band is a joke and so is the idea that a new album is coming.

Yeah, jokes on us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
reynics22
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 09:18:55 PM »

i'm just gonna copy and paste what i posted at thenewguns about this:

at least axl hasn't turned himself into a fucking vegetable.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 09:32:01 PM »

I love NuGnr but I don't think they tarnish the image yet.? If they produce five crappy records maybe.? ?

If they produce ONE crappy record.

at least axl hasn't turned himself into a fucking vegetable.

I'm glad you feel this way, but produce has nothing to do with this topic

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
reynics22
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 09:42:07 PM »

anyone who thinks ozzy is fucking right by saying this shit should really read this post by russtcb from another gnr board

posted by russtcb on another forum

Let's start here; Ozzy with or without Black Sabbath has not been a top draw of any sort for years and years. Anyone who's been to Ozzfest within the last five years knows that most people leave before Ozzy or Sabbath even hit the stage. I'm not bashing Ozzy, I'm just telling the truth.

As far as overall talent and productivity goes, Ozzy is in no position to speak to anyone on the subject. What was the last *good* Ozzy album to be released? It was "No More Tears" way back in 1990. Since that release we've seen two live albums, two greatest hits, two terrible studio albums, a horrible "family compilation" cd, a terrible box set, two Sabbath live albums and a Sabbath box set. Not to mention that during that period Ozzy has turned himself into a running joke within his own metal community and all throughout the world through a television show.

Now, am I saying all of this just because Ozzy attacked Axl? No. These are just facts that people should consider before they open their big fucking mouths. Sure, you might say "Yeah well, Axl hasn't released ANYTHING in all that time" and you'd be right. However, does that make Guns N' Roses the "tragedy of the last 20 years"? I don't see how it could. Why are they a tragedy? Is it because Axl isn't having dinner with the president and making an ass of himself? Or maybe it's because Axl doesn't have any children using his name to make money for themselves and invade mediums they have no right to. Is it because he hasn't thrown the original GnR back together just to make the cash (which by the way would DESTROY any ticket sales Sabbath could put up)?

I made this point a few weeks ago about Scott Weiland and again about Trent Reznor; why in the fuck do people use putting Axl Rose down to try and better the way they look? To me that says something about the guy you feel you need to bring down and what you feel your own status is. It kills me that Ozzy said something stupid like "reading the tealeaves" when he personally has to have his all important MTV checks read to him.

To go back to my original point (because I know it's coming) I'm not saying any of this just because someone said something bad about Axl Rose. I'm just making sure that people are keeping an accurate score. If anyone wants to, please find for me the last time Axl Rose said a negative word about any other entertainer in public. I might be wrong but barring any *defensive* comments made on the 2002 tour about the old lineup, I think it was somewhere around 1993 and it was about Izzy Stradlin.

Axl has always been very reactionary with his comments. Even when he would make comments about the Crue or Nirvana and what not, it was all after the fire had been started by the other parties.

Hey here's a thought; maybe Guns N' Roses being in the state it is isn't Axl's fault entirely. WOW! THERE'SA THOUGHT! Maybe guys like Slash, Matt, Duff and Izzy are doing what they want to do. Which is NOT carry on the Guns N' Roses name. If Izzy Stradlin wants to play street corners and bars at 3AM, how come THAT'S not the tragedy? If Matt, Duff and Slash want to make sub-par STP records instead of groundbreaking rock n roll records, how come THAT's not the tragedy?

Because it's easy to poke jabs at the leaders and the ones who go against the grain, that's why. I wouldn't expect a washed-up, pussy whipped MTV icon to understand that.

http://www.thenewguns.com/MetaBB/viewtopic.php?t=1209

I personally think that is an excellent post on this situation, better than I could have put it.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: