Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:10:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Welcome back - read this before asking
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome back - read this before asking  (Read 16153 times)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2005, 05:09:18 AM »

Jarmo,

Looking good, you SEXY BEAST!!!
YEAH BABY!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2005, 06:08:41 AM »

Jarmo,

Looking good, you SEXY BEAST!!!
YEAH BABY!

You do understand that JARMO is a male's name... right? Huh

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2005, 06:34:50 AM »

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beer

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2005, 09:16:34 AM »

so how did sanctuary get involved in the first place? what's that al about? did they approach you?

Back In Power
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2005, 10:11:21 AM »

so how did sanctuary get involved in the first place? what's that al about? did they approach you?

Let's just say some friendly people helped out.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2005, 11:05:09 AM »

Welcome back  Cool
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2005, 01:14:45 PM »

Why so cryptic Jarmo?Huh
 You know we get way too much cryptic stuff already in the GNR world...why not just say , well this  and this happened??

Otherwise  the GNR fans who are slowly resembling Trekkies will make a conspiracy out of it.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2005, 01:31:27 PM »

Why so cryptic Jarmo?Huh
You know we get way too much cryptic stuff already in the GNR world...why not just say , well this? and this happened??

Otherwise? the GNR fans who are slowly resembling Trekkies will make a conspiracy out of it.

ALL GNR FANS WHO THINK THERE'S SOME KINDA CONSPIRACY GOING ON HERE RAISE YOUR HAND!!![/size][/b]
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2005, 02:41:35 PM »

Why so cryptic Jarmo?Huh
You know we get way too much cryptic stuff already in the GNR world...why not just say , well this? and this happened??

Otherwise? the GNR fans who are slowly resembling Trekkies will make a conspiracy out of it.

ALL GNR FANS WHO THINK THERE'S SOME KINDA CONSPIRACY GOING ON HERE RAISE YOUR HAND!!![/size][/b]
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

ok peace hihi

(ie: Consider my hand raised)

And all the moreso because he continues to be cryptic and vague about it....after initially "not mentioning it".

I mean, I also understand that, if something IS going on....he can't talk about it because, if he does....well, it could screw it up.  And thus, maybe he's praying his explanation, thus far, will suffice enough for it all to go away.  Or maybe this IS just "friends helping friends" and, while being vague and cryptic, there really isn't MUCH more to the story. Or maybe it's something else, entirely.  I don't know.  But the whole thing is odd, you gotta admit.  Very, very odd.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 02:47:04 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2005, 03:07:48 PM »

And all the moreso because he continues to be cryptic and vague about it....after initially "not mentioning it".

Cryptic? Read the first post in this thread.

It's not my fault some of you have made up all kinds of theories about this.

I mean, I also understand that, if something IS going on....he can't talk about it because, if he does....well, it could screw it up.? And thus, maybe he's praying his explanation, thus far, will suffice enough for it all to go away.? Or maybe this IS just "friends helping friends" and, while being vague and cryptic, there really isn't MUCH more to the story. Or maybe it's something else, entirely.? I don't know.? But the whole thing is odd, you gotta admit.? Very, very odd.

Haha. You guys are funny. I explained in the first post that nothing was going on as far as I know. That was the reason why I didn't make the hosting "deal" public. I knew that if I would've posted the words Sanctuary and hosting in the same sentence, people would assume GN'R were up to something. I didn't want to do that.

This has been going on for a while now, have GN'R been up to something? I haven't noticed anything..... What did I miss?

People are assuming all kinds of things. Apparently I've been "missing" while we were working on the move and waiting on the new server. I guess those people never looked at the site because I've updated it almost daily even when the board was closed. Those people probably never visited the GN'R Bar either since I actually posted there during the"break".  no

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2005, 03:23:53 PM »

Cryptic? Read the first post in this thread.

It's not my fault some of you have made up all kinds of theories about this.

I mean, I also understand that, if something IS going on....he can't talk about it because, if he does....well, it could screw it up.? And thus, maybe he's praying his explanation, thus far, will suffice enough for it all to go away.? Or maybe this IS just "friends helping friends" and, while being vague and cryptic, there really isn't MUCH more to the story. Or maybe it's something else, entirely.? I don't know.? But the whole thing is odd, you gotta admit.? Very, very odd.

Haha. You guys are funny. I explained in the first post that nothing was going on as far as I know. That was the reason why I didn't make the hosting "deal" public. I knew that if I would've posted the words Sanctuary and hosting in the same sentence, people would assume GN'R were up to something. I didn't want to do that.

This has been going on for a while now, have GN'R been up to something? I haven't noticed anything..... What did I miss?

People are assuming all kinds of things. Apparently I've been "missing" while we were working on the move and waiting on the new server. I guess those people never looked at the site because I've updated it almost daily even when the board was closed. Those people probably never visited the GN'R Bar either since I actually posted there during the"break".? no

/jarmo

Yes, cryptic.? Trust me, I read the first page.? It tells us, in a very bare bones manner, WHAT is happening, right this second....and not a bit more. It sounds, quite frankly, like corporate PR spin. Granted, that may not be what you intended, but....that's the way it comes across. When asked for more information (the how's and why's) you give answers like these:

"Let's just say some friendly people helped out."

or, from sp1at:

"Regarding the hosting thing, it's been going on for a while. Let's just leave it at that. "

That's cryptic.? Plain and simple.

Now, you can certainly choose not to tell the WHOLE story.? Your site, your right.? But, again, it leads people to wonder what the deal is.? It's odd enough that they would help you host an unofficial site. Very, very odd and unprecedented. Sanctuary isn't exactly a web hosting company....

But combine that with the fact that you're not exactly forthcoming with the details...and you have to expect a certain amount of speculation.? Again, whether the speculation is correct or not isn't the point.? I would have no problem believing you if you came out, told the whole story, and said "See, it is friends just helping friends".? But, when you don't do that....one of the conclusions that can be drawn, right or wrong, is that you're not saying anything concrete so that, later, nobody can hold your feet to the fire.? Again, I'm not saying that's what IS happening, but you have to admit....it could certainly look that way.

If you want to squelch the assumptions, tell your story.? It's that simple.? If you don't care...then don't.? But realize that, from the outside looking in, it sure looks odd.? And you know GnR breeds conspiracy theories like a petri dish.....

Oh...and jarmo was certainly not "missing".? He posted over at the bar a whole slew of times.

Edit: PS:  I'll bet you dollars to donuts that if you'd posted this when it happened, you'd actually have had LESS speculation than you do now.  You HAD to know someone was gonna pick this up....with all the conspiracy theorists we have here.  I mean, jeesh...look at the damn custom title I was given! Smiley

« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 03:26:48 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2005, 03:35:32 PM »

Conspiracy theorists?  Where?  Probably over there behind the grassy knoll!

(Jarmo, yeah, we love you - but the whole Sanctuary thing looks plain whack to anyone on the outside looking in - I think you'd feel the same if mygnr were suddenly hosted by them, wouldn't you? )

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2005, 03:41:56 PM »

I suspected that Jarmo made the attempt to ask sanctuary if they could help out with keeping the board running (server issues, whatever). They know how well the board is run, the fact that it is a very popular GNR site, and the fact that it has been around since what, '96.

And they agreed.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2005, 03:45:07 PM »

or maybe a member knew the board was have bandwith problems and decided to help

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2005, 03:50:13 PM »

Maybe...both of the above suggestions are certainly plausible.? But, because jarmo has decided not to tell, as yet, "the story"....just as much speculation as the "conspiracy theories".? Granted, MAYBE the conspiracy theories are a bit more far fetched...no argument there....but, as yet...we don't know.

And I'm OK with not knowing if jarmo wants to keep tight lipped.? But jarmo has to be a bit permissive with the speculation if he's not willing (or able...damn...there goes those conspiracy theories again!) to end it, I think. Smiley

Together again,
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2005, 03:53:05 PM »

crying ?I was joking about believing the conspiracy thing!!! ?DON'T BAN ME!!! ?BAN discobiscuit1 ?crying
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?crying? He's the one who compared GNR fans to Trekkies!!! ? crying ?

I just thought the Spock pic would be a funny touch. ? Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2005, 03:53:56 PM »

Yes, cryptic.? Trust me, I read the first page.? It tells us, in a very bare bones manner, WHAT is happening, right this second....and not a bit more. It sounds, quite frankly, like corporate PR spin. Granted, that may not be what you intended, but....that's the way it comes across. When asked for more information (the how's and why's) you give answers like these:

"Let's just say some friendly people helped out."

or, from sp1at:

"Regarding the hosting thing, it's been going on for a while. Let's just leave it at that. "

That's cryptic.? Plain and simple.

Now, you can certainly choose not to tell the WHOLE story.? Your site, your right.? But, again, it leads people to wonder what the deal is.? It's odd enough that they would help you host an unofficial site. Very, very odd and unprecedented. Sanctuary isn't exactly a web hosting company....

But combine that with the fact that you're not exactly forthcoming with the details...and you have to expect a certain amount of speculation.? Again, whether the speculation is correct or not isn't the point.? I would have no problem believing you if you came out, told the whole story, and said "See, it is friends just helping friends".? But, when you don't do that....one of the conclusions that can be drawn, right or wrong, is that you're not saying anything concrete so that, later, nobody can hold your feet to the fire.? Again, I'm not saying that's what IS happening, but you have to admit....it could certainly look that way.

If you want to squelch the assumptions, tell your story.? It's that simple.? If you don't care...then don't.? But realize that, from the outside looking in, it sure looks odd.? And you know GnR breeds conspiracy theories like a petri dish.....

I told you why I didn't announce it. This thing is nothing new, Sanctuary have been kind enough to have been helping out for a while. Now, if this meant something was going on in the GN'R world, would you be so kind to point out what exactly has happened in the past few months?

I don't feel like giving out names of people who have helped in one way or another. Or any dates on when what has happened. I guess I'm "corporate" because of that.

I don't really have anything to say about it since I'm just glad that they're helping out. I don't worry about what it might "mean".

Conspiracy theorists? Where? Probably over there behind the grassy knoll!

(Jarmo, yeah, we love you - but the whole Sanctuary thing looks plain whack to anyone on the outside looking in - I think you'd feel the same if mygnr were suddenly hosted by them, wouldn't you? )

-darknemus

Maybe in some chatroom?

You mean would I make a thread about it here and post all kinds of theories even after being told it means nothing?

I don't know about you, but if somebody offers to help, I don't start questioning why.

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2005, 04:06:29 PM »

Jarmo,
? ? If, suddenly (or not so suddenly, but, whatever) you found out Apple had decided to help host the fan site (fake name, fyi...just an example) weloveipods.com...but not the other thousand sites out on the net....wouldn't that make you go hmmm?? Even if Apple and the site owner SAID "there was nothing going on, that I know of"?? Considering Apple's not a web hosting company and they haven't exactly offered to host any OTHER fan sites on the net...nor has any OTHER reputable company of any size I can find?? The examples I can find of this type of thing happening (and you'll immediately notice the difference)...the fan site was swallowed, whole, by the parent site.  Pieces of it were used, sure....even, in some cases, the doman name remained...but it was assimilated, none the less.

Again, your right to remain tight lipped on the details.? But the "secrecy" can be taken to mean you have reason to hide something.?

As for anything happening in the gnrworld and you being hosted by Sanctuary being an indication...no, obviously nothing has happened.? Does that mean nothing was planned..and plans changed? Obviously, none of us know that.? Does it mean there aren't future plans that involve the site?? We don't know that either.

And you're damn skippy I ask "Why" if a large corporation, who I have an indirect relationship with, comes to me and offers to "help out" that I'd ask why.? And I think enough of you to think you would do the same.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 04:09:02 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2005, 04:33:11 PM »

Jarmo,
? ? If, suddenly (or not so suddenly, but, whatever) you found out Apple had decided to help host the fan site (fake name, fyi...just an example) weloveipods.com...but not the other thousand sites out on the net....wouldn't that make you go hmmm?? Even if Apple and the site owner SAID "there was nothing going on, that I know of"?? Considering Apple's not a web hosting company and they haven't exactly offered to host any OTHER fan sites on the net...nor has any OTHER reputable company of any size I can find??

I would go "Wow, they're hosting a web site. Nice of them." Sure I might be curious whether or not something was going on. But once you realize nothing has happened after a while, you start thinking that it was just them helping out and nothing more.

You say Sanctuary isn't a webhosting company, well you're sort of right about that. They do many things.

Copied from their website:

Web hosting

We have dedicated web servers and can cater for big and small sites alike, Costs are kept down using the economies of scale a large group can bring to bear.

Again, your right to remain tight lipped on the details.? But the "secrecy" can be taken to mean you have reason to hide something.?

Maybe I don't know anything exciting?

And you're damn skippy I ask "Why" if a large corporation, who I have an indirect relationship with, comes to me and offers to "help out" that I'd ask why.  And I think enough of you to think you would do the same.

That was a bad choice of words.

I don't see them as a large corporation, I see them as a webhost. For your information, I've been helped out before by webhosts and I didn't question why they did it.

For example, I got a really good deal from another webhost a few years ago, paid a lot less than normal customers and got lots of bandwidth. I didn't ask why they gave me this special deal, I was just glad they could help out.

/jarmo

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2005, 05:17:48 PM »

Could you spread the good word me so they can help my site too? Grin

Just kidding!

"It's good to be back, it's good to be back, it's good to be back!" Glad to see the board's back and the conspiracy theories as well! Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: