Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:50:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  DISCUSSIONS about the Best 80's Frontman Survivor!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DISCUSSIONS about the Best 80's Frontman Survivor!  (Read 36163 times)
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2005, 10:29:07 AM »

That's fine with me as long as the majority who regulary posts in the survivor threads agree. On that mark, for those who've voted off Bach this round ( the ones who've done it legitimally) also have to come to this thread and agree to start this round again.

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2005, 10:43:33 AM »

Who do you all want to actually win?

Me; James Hetfield, of course.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2005, 11:12:34 AM »

That's fine with me as long as the majority who regulary posts in the survivor threads agree. On that mark, for those who've voted off Bach this round ( the ones who've done it legitimally) also have to come to this thread and agree to start this round again.

Fair Enough - that's what I expected because there were some legitimate Bach vote offs. Your call though Ignatius, I don't want to tell you what to do by any means but I think this round is tainted.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2005, 11:26:42 AM »

I don't think Jon should lose to anybody on that list. I don't care if you don't like the guy. You can't deny that he was a major frontman in the 80s, if not the best.

Pick any guy from that list. Can you deny that he was a major frontman in the 80's? No, because they were all major frontmen.

"It shouldn't bother me but it does" -A quote from a great song.

This is exactly how I feel about this situation. It shouldn't bother me that other people prefer Bon Jovi to Halford or Bach, but it for some reason, it does.

I am not going to try to convince people to open their eyes and realize who has true talent or not. A lot of people here are simply on a different page, a different wavelength if you will.

I believe that a best frontman first and foremost has to have the ability to sing his ass off. This is obviously not a priority for some of you. Something I cannot understand.
I do understand what has happened here regarding D. I could have posted the 90's Survivor over at bunglefever.com and Mike Patton would have won everything, or posted a link for the Punk Survivor at Misfits Central or the7thhouse.com and they would have won, I didn't do that because I had a bit of foresight on this type of thing happening and the last thing we want is outsiders in here with no interests in GNR cross-spaming the site and starting new rumours and stuff because they just don't care about Axl. Bach being out like this will make this round too contraversial and futhermore continue the anti-D sentiment which has occured because the guy made an honest mistake trying to help his favourite (Jovi) win. Are we able to restart the round with the current 20 post rule in place? and perhaps get a mod to delete the current thread? That way it stays honest and fun. perhaps those in agreeance can say agreed below this post. Let Bach go out fair and square but not on these terms, it will alter the whole survivor game which is just for stupid fun anyhow.

true...  start over. I also obviously seen this coming, but I like to read this over breakfast. now its bogus.

Captain O'  right with ya ... i hear ya

anyway ----   there is only 1 fair solution & i'm glad it was mentioned -BP

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2005, 11:38:28 AM »

OK... I think that's fair. 

this IS just a silly little message board game, and I don't take it seriously, otherwise I would have gone ballistic when Mike Patton was voted off  in the last survivor.   

I simply contributed that to the majority of those posting in this game have no taste whatsoever.

But to actually GO to another website, in search of people to vote against other people so that bon jovi can win is even sillier, and downright ridiculous.   This IS just a silly little message board, but, D will be intolerable if Jon Bon Cheese wins, as if it's some sort of "vindication" and proves him right when he claims that the cheeseman isn't full of... cheese.

Those of us who actually appreciate true talent and good music know the score.   
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2005, 11:51:32 AM »

also keep in mind what Ignatius says about racking up posts in order to vote.

to think I could have made an AOL account to waste my life. or net0 -

I urge all newcomers to download the link in my signature///  its free  yes -bp

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2005, 12:26:02 PM »

Well discount any vote this round from the previous one-post wonders no matter if they get the 20 post mark.  D Doesn't have to show up to HTGTH court in his pajama bottoms anymore, everything else is water under the bridge and the contest moves on.  In all fairness D respond, I think you made a mistake and we are all willing to deal with it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 12:34:35 PM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2005, 02:09:10 PM »

Ok people this is outta control now.

Let's just stop the voting for a moment here.

First of all, there's no need to be so harsh on D. He's definitely gone too far to make his favorite win, but I'm sure he'll acknowledge his mistake.

Now in order to find a solution to keep this thread going, this is what I suggest; I've already read Kevorkian's, Skeletor's, BP's & Tied-up's input ( all on the same page), but I do want to know everybody else's too. So, I'm gonna ask you to answer a simple question. Do you feel the one post wonders votes should be deducted from this round? Just answer yes or no.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2005, 03:19:52 PM »

I don't care about this contest at all.

What I do care about is getting the board "flooded" by people who don't even come here because they like GN'R. They come here to take part in some contest to make their hero win.

I suggest you don't count votes from people who have been members for less than a month or something.

You can always get your post count up, it's harder to change your registration date.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2005, 04:02:07 PM »

Yeah, what Jarmo said.   hihi  He's smart.  That's a quality I admire in an Admin.                 beer                   
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2005, 04:30:04 PM »

I definitely don't believe D has anything to do with all of those "newbies." He's a fan of Jovi, sure, but not an absolute imbecile and he's old enough to not behave like that.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2005, 04:43:36 PM »

I posted a link to this board

people checked it out, saw the survivor and voted

whats next? i sent everyone 10 bucks via paypal to register and vote?

they checked out the website, saw the game, saw Jon voted accordingly

if anyone on here wants to run there mouths about me

hmmm well u know what u can do ok

I try to expose new people to this forum, get others interested in this cool site, i dont control where they post, or how they post.

say half the people who signed up become regular posters, that helps and adds to the board.

so i think the people getting upset at people checking out a website and voting are the ones who need to take a step back and realize how ignorant they are acting.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2005, 04:53:47 PM »

Well, then, I take that back. Checking out a forum is fine; you're allowed to lurk without registering. I can gurantee you they won't be making any further or alternative posts, though. Getting them to register for a mere thread that in my opinion makes the results absolutely void is pathetic.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2005, 05:05:27 PM »

I posted a link to this board

people checked it out, saw the survivor and voted

And nowhere in your post did you mention any of the words Bon, Jovi, survivor or vote?

so i think the people getting upset at people checking out a website and voting are the ones who need to take a step back and realize how ignorant they are acting.

Because we all know people who don't care about or even like GN'R is just what this board needs.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 05:07:19 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2005, 05:38:17 PM »

Ok.

This is enough. JBJ is out. I've deducted all the one post wonders and JBJ received 7 votes, Bach & Prince received 6 a piece.

One post wonders I haven't counted. Not even Calicangirl ( she voted Bon Jovi off)

FROM NOW ON:

A mininum of 20 posts is required to vote, sorry.

Refrain yourself from posting if you haven't reached that post count.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2005, 05:58:12 PM »

nope i sure didnt

maybe they arent gonna post anymore because of the way people treated them which i thought was rude and ridiculous

so honestly i cant blame them if they never come back after the way they were treated.

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2005, 06:22:40 PM »

maybe they arent gonna post anymore because of the way people treated them which i thought was rude and ridiculous

so honestly i cant blame them if they never come back after the way they were treated.

What a load of bullshit. You've got to be fucking kidding me. A dozen people show up out of nowhere, and start posting in one single thread... geez.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2005, 06:32:03 PM »

do u know why i joined this message board?

I joined this message board because i was browsing around and saw the GNR album survivors

thought they were interesting and cool so that alone made me register on this board

ive been here a very long time now but had it not been for the GNR album survivor i never wouldve joined

had people talked shit and were rude to me when i first joined and treated me the way some of u treated those people , i probably wouldnt have stuck around either.

futhermore maybe one person checked the board out saw the survivor and mentioned it to others, anyone ever thought of that?

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2005, 06:48:15 PM »

Well good for you, that's your story, but I still can't see how you're able to deny the facts here. Those people didn't just register by chance, five of them came in within an hour or so.

futhermore maybe one person checked the board out saw the survivor and mentioned it to others, anyone ever thought of that?

Yes, everything's possible, but some scenarios are just way more likely than others.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2005, 07:32:45 PM »

do u know why i joined this message board?

Because you wanted Jon Bon Jovi win some contest and you had no real interest in GN'R?

had people talked shit and were rude to me when i first joined and treated me the way some of u treated those people , i probably wouldnt have stuck around either.

But you admitted that you're the one who mentioned this board on their forum.

How would you Bon Jovi fans feel if a bunch of people who had no interest in your band joined your board? You don't seem to get it. I don't care about your contest, I think it's quite sad that this board gets flooded with new members who are only interested in one thread. A thread has nothing to do with GN'R.

Don't make it sound like we should feel sorry for them. If you love Bon Jovi and you join a GN'R board, you might not feel as welcome as a GN'R fan would. Just like a satanist might not feel that welcome at church on Sunday.?

Just because I'm really bored, here's some stats for you:

During the past 2-3 days, we've gotten about 37 new members.

Out of those, six have bonjovi.com e-mail addresses and two others have bonjovi mentioned in their e-mail addresses.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 08:27:31 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: