Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 01:16:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  DISCUSSIONS about the Best 80's Frontman Survivor!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DISCUSSIONS about the Best 80's Frontman Survivor!  (Read 33304 times)
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2005, 02:09:31 PM »

'WTF how dare you say that about Uncle Axl? you dipshit'

Axl is better because he is god.  That's all you need to know.   hihi
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2005, 02:13:19 PM »

I want to see some good reasons why YOU think Axl was a better 80's frontman that James Hetfield.

You didn't give any reasons yourself as to why Het is better, so why should I bother?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2005, 02:39:14 PM »

I want to see some good reasons why YOU think Axl was a better 80's frontman that James Hetfield.

You didn't give any reasons yourself as to why Het is better, so why should I bother?

I did, I said watch Seattle 89 DVD, which I wouldn't expect anyone to go out and buy anyway.

I don't want to make a meal out of this i'm just basically saying that there is more to life than Axl   Roll Eyes

The fact of the matter is; I like Het more. No big deal, I just don't want somebody trying to tell me who I should like.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2005, 03:17:24 PM »

i want someone to tell me what seb bach changed in music?

He was a third rate axl rose with no musical talent and no diversity

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2005, 03:21:33 PM »

i want someone to tell me what seb bach changed in music?

He was a third rate axl rose with no musical talent and no diversity

At least Bach didn't turn rock music into something cheesy. And sorry, he wasn't and isn't a third rate Axl Rose since his vocal abilities are much better and skilled than Axl's (although Axl is my all time favourite singer).

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2005, 03:46:11 PM »

dude thats probably one of the funniest things ive ever read

bach doesnt have the vocal diversity of axl, he is a screamer, he had no dynamics, limited melodies and is a fuckin joke now

he was turnin into a bum before skid row dumped him and is a major bum now.

BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2005, 05:39:20 PM »

he's got a wife with sweet titties too

BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2005, 09:06:17 PM »

maybe we should make up a rule that you have to have at least 25 posts or more for your vote to count Tongue

eheh

i vote we put this rule in affect for obvious reasons.? ?you know .... because D is a cheater cheeter pumkin' pie eater
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 09:31:11 PM by BP » Logged

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2005, 11:58:33 PM »

I second that vote!
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2005, 12:05:07 AM »

Actually... I recind my vote in favor of disqualifying Jon Bon Cheesy from this survivor challenge for the following reasons:

1.  He sucks.
2.  He writes stinky cheese songs.
3.  We are getting bombarded with spammers whose first post are voting off someone who is far more qualified than Mr. Cheese as the best frontman.
4.  Did I mention that he sucks?  -->>  Great big floppy donkey dicks is what he sucks.

Let's vote:  I, along with my 56 other fictional  user ids, vote to disqualify Mr. Big Cheese from the survivor.  He should take his hair scraps and go home. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2005, 12:06:27 AM »

whine all u want too

these people registered on the board, they want to play the game

i dont even know these people

everywhere i go i am an ambassador for HTGTH, i posted a link asked people to check it out

they checked it out, saw the survivor game,decided to play.

ask jarmo where those ips are from cause i have no clue who any of those people are but im sure fuckin glad they got on here ok

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2005, 12:10:13 AM »

Hey BP:  Know any "I Hate Jon Bon Cheesy" websites?  Maybe we can go to those , and be an "ambassador" for HTGTH, and ask them all to register and play survivor and vote  for Mr. Cheese to leave the survivor island...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2005, 12:21:02 AM »

i told them bout the website, ive had the link posted forever, survivor games are fun im sure they checked the entire board saw that Jon was in a survivor and voted

that isnt my fault

sorry guys

journey
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2005, 12:47:44 AM »

Ya'll take this game way too seriously. It's freakin' hilarious! hahaha

D called in the Jon Bon Jovi squad for back up. LOL!

I don't think Jon should lose to anybody on that list. I don't care if you don't like the guy. You can't deny that he was a major frontman in the 80s, if not the best.
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2005, 01:03:15 AM »

I don't think Jon should lose to anybody on that list. I don't care if you don't like the guy. You can't deny that he was a major frontman in the 80s, if not the best.

Pick any guy from that list. Can you deny that he was a major frontman in the 80's? No, because they were all major frontmen.

"It shouldn't bother me but it does" -A quote from a great song.

This is exactly how I feel about this situation. It shouldn't bother me that other people prefer Bon Jovi to Halford or Bach, but it for some reason, it does.

I am not going to try to convince people to open their eyes and realize who has true talent or not. A lot of people here are simply on a different page, a different wavelength if you will.

I believe that a best frontman first and foremost has to have the ability to sing his ass off. This is obviously not a priority for some of you. Something I cannot understand.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2005, 02:48:41 AM »

This is hilarious indeed! The whole survivor is just a thread on a message board, read by 20 people or so. WHO CARES Tongue
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 03:42:04 AM by Skeletor » Logged

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2005, 03:35:29 AM »

This is hilarious indeed! The whole survivor is just a thread on message board, read by 20 people or so. WHO CARES Tongue

I hope that D's cheesy mafia won't participate in the later stages since it'd cause that JBJ wins the 80s survivor and then he'll win the survivor of survivors as well.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2005, 06:30:28 AM »

As posted in the other thread:

Hahaha...

Man, some people do take it to the extremein order to make their favorites win. The 2000 US election scandal ain't nothing compared to what's happened here over the past few days.

Ok my two cents.

The purpose of this thread is for the HTGTH members to decide who's the best frontman of all time. The key word here is member. We are all members of this board cause we all like GNR. That's the reason why we keep coming here on a daily basis. We do like other bands as well, but GNR is definitely our favorite band  in 99% of the cases. Now, a person who registers to post just once in a non-GNR related thread, may not be considered a member. I mean, who posts for the same time in a non-GNR related thread if you like GNR?

Also, the fact that 5 people posted for the first time in a 2 hour time-frame voting off the same frontman...makes the whole thing a bit suspicious.

However, since this is the first time something like this has ever happened, I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt to those 5 new "members" and count their votes. From now on though, a minimun post count is going to be required to participate in this thread. We have to draw the line somewhere, so let that be just 20 posts. At least half of those posts have to be made in the GNR boards though.

I know this may sound extreme, but c'mon people, let's try to keep this fair and simple. It's just a game.  ok
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2005, 08:28:06 AM »

I do understand what has happened here regarding D.  I could have posted the 90's Survivor over at bunglefever.com and Mike Patton would have won everything, or posted a link for the Punk Survivor at Misfits Central or the7thhouse.com and they would have won, I didn't do that because I had a bit of foresight on this type of thing happening and the last thing we want is outsiders in here with no interests in GNR cross-spaming the site and starting new rumours and stuff because they just don't care about Axl.  Bach being out like this will make this round too contraversial and futhermore continue the anti-D sentiment which has occured because the guy made an honest mistake trying to help his favourite (Jovi) win.  Are we able to restart the round with the current 20 post rule in place? and perhaps get a mod to delete the current thread?  That way it stays honest and fun. perhaps those in agreeance can say agreed below this post. Let Bach go out fair and square but not on these terms, it will alter the whole survivor game which is just for stupid fun anyhow.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2005, 09:11:53 AM »

Agreed.

And D, in that other thread you said you expect a big fucking apology. Well keep on waiting, because you deserve none.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: