Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 10:59:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  New Album?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Album?  (Read 7595 times)
KAI-KAI
Opening Act

Fuck Llamas

« on: March 22, 2005, 08:53:10 PM »

I don't care if this has been discussed before(maybe I don't feel like surfing through 25 or so pages). Anyways is VR ever going to release a new record? If so I bet they'll release 10 new albums before Chinese Democracy comes out... crying

KAI
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 02:03:00 AM »

From what Slash and Scott have said, they hope to have another album out before next Christmas.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 02:39:34 AM »

From what Slash and Scott have said, they hope to have another album out before next Christmas.

I know its technically the "next" Christmas.... but what you really meant was "this Christmas", right?
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 02:40:27 PM »

I am so looking forward to the follow to Contraband and if VR's 2nd album is out before Chinese Democracy now that would just be a joke.

EEEERRRR Little boy
Pike Pounder
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 09:07:28 PM »

I'm really quite sick about hearing about Chinese Democracy, if it comes out- it does, if it's canceled- it doesn't surprise me. Sure I am egar too, but hell thats off topic! Where was I?... oh yeah! Velvet Revolver's new album should be out before next Christmas and I am sure that I'm as excited as the next guy too, do you think it can contend with Contraband? Well I guess we will have to hold out the next 8-or-so months to find out!

--Mike

-- I Keep on Movin' Along with no Time to Plant My Feet.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »

I'm really quite sick about hearing about Chinese Democracy, if it comes out- it does, if it's canceled- it doesn't surprise me. Sure I am egar too, but hell thats off topic! Where was I?... oh yeah! Velvet Revolver's new album should be out before next Christmas and I am sure that I'm as excited as the next guy too, do you think it can contend with Contraband? Well I guess we will have to hold out the next 8-or-so months to find out!

--Mike

I love Contraband but I definately think the next album can contend. I bet we are gonna get something totally different than Contraband. These guys are so much better live than they were a year ago.   They have been writing on the road and stuff and I think they will have tons of good material to pick from.

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 11:22:36 PM »

i expect a great record, even if it doesnt sound anything like contraband its gonna sound like vr, not stp meets gnr

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 06:27:42 AM »

I really believe it will be better than Contraband, and since Contraband is great album...  Wink
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 10:22:12 AM »

I really believe it will be better than Contraband, and since Contraband is great album...? Wink

There is no doubt it will be a better album. Now they are settled and used to each other style's it can only improve - i'm really hoping for an improvement from Scott and Slash, we know they were a rather pale shadow of what they can do.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 12:56:26 PM »

yeah, I expect a lot more highlights from each member.
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2005, 01:02:06 PM »

I think Contraband is a very good album but I think it sounded as though they(duff matt slash)  didnt want to sound like their former bands. I think the next record will be a lot different now that all the members are used to each others styles.

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2005, 01:58:39 PM »

my main concern would be that the production would be the same as it was on contraband. i really hope it isn't because the production on contraband makes them sound way way way too slick.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 02:06:22 PM »

I hope they stick to the similar style of Contraband. It is a great sound pulling the heaviest parts of classic rock and making them sound up to date and its real hard hitting the way it should be. I disagree with that Slash, Duff and Matt are trying to not sound like they did before. All the trademarks are still there and their styles havent changed, maybe improved but not changed. I think their just letting out the heavy side of them which in all possible ways fucking rocks.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2005, 02:25:08 PM »

Is it that the album will be out before Xmas or they're gunna start work b4 Xmas, i thought i read the latter!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2005, 05:07:40 PM »

I hope they stick to the similar style of Contraband. It is a great sound pulling the heaviest parts of classic rock and making them sound up to date and its real hard hitting the way it should be. I disagree with that Slash, Duff and Matt are trying to not sound like they did before. All the trademarks are still there and their styles havent changed, maybe improved but not changed. I think their just letting out the heavy side of them which in all possible ways fucking rocks.

Thats a fair point.

Dont ya think that Slash was hiding a bit on this album?? I really hope they produce it differently this time too.......maybe thats why i couldnt hear slash!!

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 09:23:01 PM »

do you think it can contend with Contraband? Well I guess we will have to hold out the next --Mike

Contend? I hope it'll fall into a much higher weight class

i expect a great record, even if it doesnt sound anything like contraband its gonna sound like vr, not stp meets gnr

Again, hopefully

Dont ya think that Slash was hiding a bit on this album?? I really hope they produce it differently this time too.......maybe thats why i couldnt hear slash!!

Having Slash stand out a lot more would be a good start.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 08:12:16 AM »

When I first got the album it was like "Hang on, why the fuck cant i hear Slash?" So I kept listening and eventually all these fucking great parts were coming out the more I listened the more I noticed them. Now I can hear Slash fine if that makes any sense hihi Although on the next album I would like Slash a little louder in the mix
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2005, 05:26:05 PM »

Contraband isn't even a year old yet and we need a new album?  Usually it takes 2 years to put out a new cd...we're very lucky that VR is a group of hard workers and want to put out a new album so soon.

I just hope they take their time on it.

I like Contraband a lot, but I feel disapointed by it because I think it could have been so much better.  In my heart I know that VR-2 will be better, but if they rush it then who knows.   Undecided

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2005, 07:42:54 PM »

I like Contraband a lot, but I feel disapointed by it because I think it could have been so much better.? In my heart I know that VR-2 will be better, but if they rush it then who knows.? ?Undecided

That's pretty much how I feel.  When I saw them at the Quest in Minneapolis, Slither sounded so much better than the album version.   But, now that they've played so many gigs together, hopefully things will come together more smoothly with less time.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2005, 05:02:18 PM »

Yea I think they'll gel on the 2ed album better too.  They needed time to grow as a band...most bands go 3-4 years before they get signed and start recording albums and stuff....velvet revolver went what...a month?  You know, I'm sure they'll be fine, I just don't wanna see them rush on their second album.

I'd like to see more music too, longer intros and guitar solos would be nice.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: