Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:58:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  what if something like this happen to chinese democracy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what if something like this happen to chinese democracy  (Read 2915 times)
Lucio92
Headliner

GNR Venezuela

« on: March 19, 2005, 03:07:33 PM »

this is something to share

http://www.mp3newswire.net/stories/5002/fiona.html

Fiona Apple?s album "Extraordinary Machine" was finished more than two years ago, ?but was quickly shelved" because the ?sad corporate drones? over at Sony didn't ?hear a single? and, ?because it doesn't sound exactly like Norah Jones and because they're, well, corporate drones,? writes the San Francisco Chronicle?s Mark Morford.

?They dictate cultural tastes based on relatively narrow and often deeply ignorant criteria related to marketing and money and fear of the new and the different.

Jon Newton

?This is what they do."

That is indeed what they do.

Anway, "Extraordinary Machine" somehow ended up online in its entirety and the End 107.7 in Seattle has apparently been playing almost every track, ?and it's all much more finished and incredible than anyone thought,? says the Chronicle piece, going on:

?And fans have been whipping the tracks into high-quality MP3s and splaying them all over the Net, and Rolling Stone and MTV and other media have picked up on the odd story, noting how fans are calling into the station like mad and most everyone loves the songs and protest Web sites like freefiona.com (alongside dedicated fan sites like fionaapple.org) have popped up to try and get some action and yet Sony refuses to actually release the album and the corporate drones remain mum and everyone's wondering just what the hell's going on.

i'm a big fan of fiona and gnr (i heard axl likes her music too)

maybe after all with the internet if the new gnr cd it's shelved by somebody else (except axl) we can hear chinese democracy after all don't you think?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 03:20:16 PM »

You must have read my mind LOL. I was gonna start a thread discussing the similarities between Fiona's situation and Axl's. Its really strange they won't release music from someone as talented as Fiona. I think whats happened to Fiona already happened to GNR a few years ago. I think the record company rejected CD during the 2002 tour. Its the only logical explanation to what happened. You wouldn't plan a tour without having a plan for CD release. I think he got a call from the record company telling him it wasn't good enough and he ended the tour and went home. Fiona's cd will eventually come out, and so will Axl's. But what year? Only God knows the answer to that question.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 03:50:43 PM »

I think he got a call from the record company telling him it wasn't good enough and he ended the tour and went home. Fiona's cd will eventually come out, and so will Axl's.

I'm not inclined to believe this. If the tour was in anticipation of the release he would have handed it to them before the tour kicked off, and I don't think the execs would have risked pissing him off mid tour.

Here today...ready to rock
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 04:14:02 PM »

I think he got a call from the record company telling him it wasn't good enough and he ended the tour and went home.

This theory conflicts with those recent presses comments. Still heaven knows.

Yeah, CD must be coming out.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 05:40:39 PM »

Well, something pissed Axl off in 2002 to cause him to go hiding in his cave again. I truly believe CD was rejected for some reason. I don't know the reason it was rejected. Maybe not enough material,no 'pop' hits,too many ballads,etc. But something caused the band to crash in late 2002 and I cant think of any other logical reason besides this. But on the other hand, its hard to imagine them rejecting it because no matter how good or bad CD is, its gonna sell millions of copies. But if it wasn't rejected, what was the reason for the 2002 disinegration?

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 05:45:08 PM »

Well, Axl/GNR is a much, much, much, MUCH more marketable commodity than Fiona Apple. She's just too "out there" to drum up too much business. We won't hear anything until either Axl says so or the record label says so. I really don't see a legitimate leak, sans 'IRS'...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 05:54:39 PM »

Minzhu, I agree. CD is not gonna leak. If it was, some demos would have leaked years ago. When a book finally comes out about all this, I hope they tell how Axl was able to keep the music a secret for so long. As far as the 'IRS' thing goes, I've always thought that was some kind of a hoax. Wouldn't at least one person have recorded it if it were true??

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 08:13:27 PM »

The difference between Fiona and Axl is that Fiona has no authority over whether or not her record will see the light of day, which only makes Axl's situation appear that much more ridiculous
EET_FUK
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 10:40:23 AM »

Minzhu, I agree. CD is not gonna leak. If it was, some demos would have leaked years ago. When a book finally comes out about all this, I hope they tell how Axl was able to keep the music a secret for so long. As far as the 'IRS' thing goes, I've always thought that was some kind of a hoax. Wouldn't at least one person have recorded it if it were true??

hihi

It WILL leak...everything leaks out at least a week or 2 early...sometimes a month or 2 early.  If albums from Eminem, U2 and Metallica leak, the new GNR disc WILL leak.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 10:51:34 AM »

that sure sucks.....
GUNZforRoses
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 10:54:51 AM »

I don't think CD will be leaked. The only reason any other CD is leaked is because the record label lets it leak. I like Fiona a lot I hope her album comes out I don't understand how these record companies expect to make money if they shelve a product. It's not going to make money on the shelf, atleast let the hardcore fans hear or buy it. This is ridiculous and they wonder why so many people download tracks.
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 05:44:56 PM »

I think after all this time, everything we can possibly think of Axl has thought of already, so I think he js might have something up his sleeve to prevent CD from being leaked on the internet. Shit he's done a pretty good job so far. It'll come out when it comes out the problem is.......WHEN THE FUCK IS THAT!!!!!!

Its times like this I wish I had psychic powers. I wouldnt wanna know what future is instore for me, Id js use it one to find out when the fuck the album is coming out  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 02:36:08 PM »

hihi

It WILL leak...everything leaks out at least a week or 2 early...sometimes a month or 2 early.? If albums from Eminem, U2 and Metallica leak, the new GNR disc WILL leak.

Honestly, I can fully understand your logic, but in 6-8 years, there's been one *POSSIBLE* leak. Not a great ratio, especially when you look at how many (hundreds?) people have been involved in this project, from engineers to session players. And one thing that a lot of people don't realize is that record companies do a lot of these leaks themselves to create a buzz...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
shaun
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2005, 02:42:39 PM »

Part of me thinks that CD will come out in April.

There is also another part of me that thinks maybe there has not been any leaks as not a single track has been finished.
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2005, 02:43:10 PM »

You cannot compare Guns N' Roses to Fiona Apple... you just... can't...

T.T.
?.?.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: