Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 05:20:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl needs an ultimatum
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl needs an ultimatum  (Read 7216 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: March 18, 2005, 02:47:37 PM »

If any of the other band members have any clout whatsoever, they are gonna have to confront Axl at some point about CD. These guys have spent years working on this project with nothing to show for it. I know they're being paid alot of money but money isn't everything. They're musicians. At some point they're gonna want their music released. I think Tommy or Robin needs to tell Axl its either now or never. You know how to talk the talk, now lets see you walk the walk. I think they should even threaten to leave GNR if he keeps delaying the inevitable. You can only redo the same songs so many times. When buckethead left GNR it would have been the perfect opportunity for the other guys to confront Axl about delaying CD. Maybe they're afraid of being fired. But eventually they're going to get so frustrated that they will just walk out on the project like buckethead did. And if they did, Axl would probably scrap CD and start over. Its time for the guys to discuss this with Axl. The band might blow up but at this point I think its a risk worth taking.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 02:53:45 PM »

we sould start a hunger strike! now who's with me ?

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 03:05:17 PM »

If any of the other band members have any clout whatsoever, they are gonna have to confront Axl at some point about CD.

hahahaha , man that was funny.  Grin

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 03:19:24 PM »

bad idea
lets not give axl no reason for scrapping the cd.
it would really suck if he did.
 confused

the one an only horsey !
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 03:20:36 PM »

The band members need to unionize!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 03:29:09 PM »

If any of the other band members have any clout whatsoever, they are gonna have to confront Axl at some point about CD. These guys have spent years working on this project with nothing to show for it. I know they're being paid alot of money but money isn't everything. They're musicians. At some point they're gonna want their music released. I think Tommy or Robin needs to tell Axl its either now or never. You know how to talk the talk, now lets see you walk the walk. I think they should even threaten to leave GNR if he keeps delaying the inevitable. You can only redo the same songs so many times. When buckethead left GNR it would have been the perfect opportunity for the other guys to confront Axl about delaying CD. Maybe they're afraid of being fired. But eventually they're going to get so frustrated that they will just walk out on the project like buckethead did. And if they did, Axl would probably scrap CD and start over. Its time for the guys to discuss this with Axl. The band might blow up but at this point I think its a risk worth taking.

There are three possibilities why they don't do this:

1. CD is so great and they are so afraid of being fired and not be around when GN'R will have the big comeback

2. They don't care about GN'R, they only want the money and doing solo stuff for a wider public

3. They have so strict contracts that they'll lose everything if they go away.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 03:49:49 PM »

But eventually they're going to get so frustrated that they will just walk out on the project like buckethead did.

Not sure if "frustration" was the cause of BH leaving, who know's with him.  Being primarily a solo artist, I always thought he considered GNR no more than a side project that could be back burnered at any time.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 03:51:08 PM »

this thread is retarded.  axl will release it when he's good and ready and he certianly doesn't owe YOU a release date.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 04:51:53 PM »

Boy I can tell you, if you gave me an ultimatum you wouldn't get anything out of me. I'm thinking Axl would have the same adittude. Ultimatums are something only your parents can get away with when your a kid!!!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 04:56:01 PM »

we sould start a hunger strike! now who's with me ?

nah, I prefer a mass suicide

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 04:58:43 PM »

Mr. Sunshine and Lollipops is at it again,huh? Quite a legacy he is leaving in this forum. I'm sure Axl will listen to your demands if you set up a nice hobo camp outside Merck's building for a good year or two. Get at it.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »

Axl does not owe you anything.  It is your choice to stick around and wait it out or not.  Axl said to live your life.  Why is that so hard for people to understand? Huh
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 05:34:54 PM »

an ultimatum

Could be this is what Tommy implied with "barking up the wrong tree".
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 05:36:35 PM by ppbebe » Logged
knut
Who needs custom titles anyway?
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 05:45:34 PM »

There are three possibilities why they don't do this:

1. CD is so great and they are so afraid of being fired and not be around when GN'R will have the big comeback

2. They don't care about GN'R, they only want the money and doing solo stuff for a wider public

3. They have so strict contracts that they'll lose everything if they go away.
Probably has something to do with number 1.  ok

Crowebar
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2005, 11:32:42 PM »

Grin

This has now taken the rank of the biggest hunk of stinking bullshit I've ever seen posted on this board to date. yes ok beer smoking

Issue AXL an ultimatum?Huh? Huh Shocked Lips Sealed no nervous rant confused Angry

You must be joking..... Kiss

because Axl owns GNR from what I can see. peace

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2005, 12:30:18 AM »

so first Jameslofton says he would tell axl to put up or shut up.  Now it's time to walk the walk.  I wasnt even gonna read this til I saw Lofton wrote it.  It's always funny to read this shit.  It's always so fucking retarded and when I'm stoned like I am now and then I read this it makes me laugh my ass off.  I had the funniest fuckin dream that I was hired to paint Axl's house.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2005, 12:45:51 AM »

Well, perhaps we should take up a collection to send jameslofton to China to subvert the Chinese government and force it to impart democracy on its people. If Axl sees a government change imminent in China, he might be aggravated enough to release the damn thing before the title becomes meaningless.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2005, 03:45:58 AM »

I really can't understand your denial. You act like Axl would be God. James' points were why the 'bandmembers' seem to not care about the album's release, cause if the whole band went to Axl and gave him an ultimatum to release the album, Axl would be in deep shit (but I think he would have chosen to rif of the rebels than releasing CD).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 03:49:06 AM by Mikkamakka » Logged

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2005, 05:57:09 AM »

why would they do that... peace     They are in the know... ok                                     there not like us..they know alot more than we do  beer

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
RichardNixon
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 07:32:04 AM »

I don't think Axl is the kind of guy that can be pushed or forced to do anything he doesn't want to do. The album will come out when Axl is 100 percent satisfied with the results. When that is may be never  Cry crying
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: