Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:48:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What happened to songs from 1994-96?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What happened to songs from 1994-96?  (Read 7245 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: March 11, 2005, 05:30:53 PM »

As you guys probably know, after Gilby was fired the band continued working on the new album. Instead of hiring a new guitarist, Axl was gonna take over as rhythm guitarist. I was really looking forward to this 4 member lineup. It would have been very interesting. Since some of the songs from CD are said to be old, are some of the ideas takn from these sessions? And has anyone taken into consideration that instead of finding a replacement for Buckethead, Axl may be doing the guitar himself?

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 05:41:03 PM »

Dude, you being serious?

You haven't heard the unreleased tracks that were released? Where have you been? Axl's guitar solo's, in those 5 infamous tracks, rivaled Slash's finest. I always wondered why Buckethead was ever brought on board especially since he was still getting guitar lessons from Axl between shows. Of course Axl is doing all the guitar work for CD. I can't wait to hear all that guitar shredding that is so signature Axl.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 05:42:08 PM »

They are locked away in a vault. There are also tons of songs from the UYI sessions that we never heard either that are locked away in a vault.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 05:47:52 PM »

What unreleased tracks are you talking about? Crash Diet, Bring it back home,etc.? Yeah I heard those. I thought all those songs were from the Illusions sessions? I think they were. Those songs couldnt have been from 94-96 because I had them on a cd in late 94.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 05:51:04 PM »

Of course not those bro. Haha, you are on a roll today. Happy Friday to you to man  beer

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 06:41:58 PM »

Then what songs are you talking about? I thought nothing had came out when GNR was Axl,Slash,Duff, and Matt. Too bad that lineup couldn't have released at least one album.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 07:14:31 PM »

Some of the songs appeared on the first Snakepit record, some of them on Gilby's Pawnshop, maybe 1 on te first Neurotic, some went to the garbage can, some are buried. Axl won't use a second of those songs for sure.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 07:14:41 PM »

I know that This I Love was written back then in some form.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 07:54:08 PM »

Axl can play a guitar good? I thought he only played on coma.

html sucks
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 08:07:23 PM »

it was shotgun blues chief.

Somehow i don't take buddha-master's comment at face value. Smiley
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 08:57:45 PM »

wasn't it dead horse Huh anyway, this thread is awsome, keep it going  rofl

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 10:08:20 PM »

Back then when Axl was going to play guitar I thought it was strange since he said he could only play the top 2 strings LOL!! I was really psyched to hear the material but unfortunately it never happened. I think that thing about the snakepit record being a GNR record is bullshit!! Didn't the lead singer co-write most of those songs? Maybe Slash took some ideas for GNR to Snakepit but I highly doubt that the whole album was meant for GNR. Again I will say this: GNR being a 4 member band would have been awesome!!! It had alot of potential!! With Duff singing songs on Spaghetti and Slash singing one, the band had infinite potential at that point. And with some of the great albums that came out in 94 (soundgarden's Superunknown and Live's Throwing Copper) I had really high hopes for the next Guns album. Little did I know that 11 years later I would still be waiting for an album!!

Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 10:19:14 PM »

I remember reading on these boards a long time ago that around 96 Izzy briefly came back into the band and they recorded like a dozen songs. Those would be amazing to hear since Izzy was a major writer on most gnr songs.

I wonder how many complete songs gnr has in the vault that have been recorded between 94 and today. It must be in the hundreds. Unfortunatly, I think we will never hear these songs unless some kind of box set is released many years from now when Axl is finished with his new gnr lineup and velvet revolver is over. Who knows, maybe Axl would never agree to the release of these songs and we will have to wait until he dies and a tribute box set is put together by the record company.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 10:27:01 PM »

wasn't it dead horse Huh anyway, this thread is awsome, keep it going  rofl

dead horse he only played the acoustic in the beginning.. on album he played rythm for shotgun blues..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Crowebar
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 12:07:59 AM »

They are locked away in a vault. There are also tons of songs from the UYI sessions that we never heard either that are locked away in a vault.

They're not locked away in a vault bud. no

They're locked away in Axl's ass. yes ok confused beer nervous smoking
grumpy young man
Opening Act

Your sense isn't making any...

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 01:15:38 AM »

Dude, you being serious?

You haven't heard the unreleased tracks that were released? Where have you been? Axl's guitar solo's, in those 5 infamous tracks, rivaled Slash's finest. I always wondered why Buckethead was ever brought on board especially since he was still getting guitar lessons from Axl between shows. Of course Axl is doing all the guitar work for CD. I can't wait to hear all that guitar shredding that is so signature Axl.

Ladies and gentlemen....that is pure comedy right there.  Smoke one for me, Buddha
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 02:53:19 AM »

At the RIRIII, when axl plays guitar for a moment, his hand's look that that of a cripple when he's playing. Axl's guitar skills are none existant.
esox
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 06:06:31 AM »

if there is so much stuff from the UYI left it can't be all that good. 'cause they have used a lot of old stuff on UYI albums, which was already written in some form in the appetite era.

that doesn't mean i wouldn't love to hear it though.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 08:18:07 AM »

dead horse he only played the acoustic in the beginning.. on album he played rythm for shotgun blues..

i didn't know this, it's nice to be enlightned or whatever! ok peace

At the RIRIII, when axl plays guitar for a moment, his hand's look that that of a cripple when he's playing. Axl's guitar skills are none existant.

Did i really miss this like ten twenty times Huh Huh? smoking

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2005, 09:18:26 AM »

he plays powerchords if I remember correctly, many have funny handstands while playing powerchords. me too, I look like Im giving people the finger when Im doing it! hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: