Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 05:26:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD question
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD question  (Read 3719 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: March 09, 2005, 06:48:29 PM »

Is CD going to be a concept album like Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' or Queensryche's 'Operation Mindcrime'? Maybe this is one of the reasons for the long wait. Trying to get all the songs to be on the same theme.

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 07:22:58 PM »

No. I don't really see a theme joining the songs we've heard so far. Silkworms to The Blues is a pretty big jump.

Also, from what we've heard, there's about 70 songs to choose from which would make it pretty much impossible for it to be a concept album
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 07:44:24 PM »

Considering the fact that CD will probably be loaded with ballads, maybe the theme will be Axl's childhood abuse or his failed relationships,etc.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 07:53:28 PM »

You can put the mortgage on just about every song being about how someone one way or another hates him or left him or abused him. Take that one to the bank.
RichardNixon
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 07:56:22 PM »

You can put the mortgage on just about every song being about how someone one way or another hates him or left him or abused him. Take that one to the bank.

Nah, I don't think Axl wants to go into Fred Durst territory. Maybe some songs will be like that, but the whole album?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 08:00:12 PM »

Considering the fact that CD will probably be loaded with ballads, maybe the theme will be Axl's childhood abuse or his failed relationships,etc.

Techno ballads?  Huh

Under what category would you put the title track?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 08:05:48 PM »

Silkworms to The Blues is a pretty big jump.

Not only in style is that a big jump, but in quality....no way in hell Silkworms makes the final cut...0% chance.
Not 1%, but 0%.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 08:08:51 PM »

Silkworms to The Blues is a pretty big jump.

Not only in style is that a big jump, but in quality....no way in hell Silkworms makes the final cut...0% chance.
Not 1%, but 0%.

Wether it makes it or not is beside the point. The point is, is that it was written for the album; and as there is no link between the songs, the chances of there being an underlieing theme is incredibly remote.

Now that i think about it tho, did somebody not say that the album was Axl's way of communicating with Dylan (not Bob. Steph's kid). It won't be a concept album, but expect a few songs to be about what axl wants to say to him as he grows up.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 08:09:21 PM »

No. I don't really see a theme joining the songs we've heard so far. Silkworms to The Blues is a pretty big jump.

Well concept albums can swing moods .. so the blues is kinda like a love song but with lines like "I wouldnt want to be you.." maybe later on the album goes into an "angry" mood with lines "pussy full of maggots" etc etc .. the songs "could" tied together but again , I dont see that happening .. I dont think silkworms will even be on the album and I dont think it will be a concept album per say.

DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 08:26:54 PM »

Now that i think about it tho, did somebody not say that the album was Axl's way of communicating with Dylan (not Bob. Steph's kid). It won't be a concept album, but expect a few songs to be about what axl wants to say to him as he grows up.

Maybe somebody on here, but not anyone from the band or management.
There is a song supposedly written about him, I think it was "This I Love". That's it. In fact we don't know if
it's about what he experienced in the past with Dylan or what "he wants to say to him" when he grows up.

Wether it makes it or not is beside the point. The point is, is that it was written for the album; and as there is no link between the songs, the chances of there being an underlieing theme is incredibly remote.

Axl never said it was written for the album. I think Fortus said he thought it would be on CD. Only Axl knows.
They wrote anywhere from 3 albums worth to 70 songs. Only the best will make it on CD.
Despite that there is no concept album..Somebody (band member, producer, etc) would have leaked this rumor by now.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 08:44:05 PM »

Mybe axl is waiting for dylan to get old enough to understand the albums meaning before he releases it.  Grin

2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 08:44:54 PM »

well if it wasn't written for the album why was it written? I'm not saying it'll be there - but its not like the guys think "Lets write a song we're never gonna put on an album." It was intended to be on the album; the fact that it probably is not good enough is, like i said, beside the point.

And the dylan reference was made in a magazine interview with somebody from the band before the millenium.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 09:21:39 PM »

I know that 'Chinese Democracy' isn't a ballad,but that's just one song out of 12-18 songs that will be on CD. One subject that Axl touches upon in the 5 new songs is the world's abusive attitude toward Axl. Maybe that's the theme.

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 09:30:54 PM »

why does axl care about dylan?  am i missing something?  also what the fuck goves you the idea that its gonna be filled with ballads?  Out of the new songs we have heard Rhiad, CD, Silk Worms, Oh my God are all heavy.  The Blues is a ballad and Madagascar is a Ballad i guess but its fuckin intense and is pretty fuckin heavy as far as it's energy level.  Also, Silk Worms kicks ass and I fuckin pray it makes it.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 09:36:45 PM »

Axl cared deeply for dylan - he thought he was gonna be with stephanie forever and took dylan as his own.

The video for estranged makes alot more sense when you think axl was trying to talk to dylan through it - hell, dylan is in it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 09:47:46 PM »

Out of the new songs I don't think Silkworms will be on the album. The song just sucks,plain and simple. When I buy CD and if I see Silkworms on the tracklist, I'm gonna worry about the quality of CD. Cause silkworms could only be filler for the album. I doubt if Rhiad makes the cut either. The song has potential, I like the music, but Axl sings it really shitty live. I pray that chinese democracy is on CD, but its possible it won't make the cut either. Oh my God has no reason to be on the album either. It was rejected by most of the gnr fans and anyone who wants it can buy the soundtrack. If oh my god is on CD, it will be more filler for CD. And its almost certain that madagascar and the blues will be on CD. And when you look at how long it has taken to make CD, its probably because Axl is working on November Rain style epics. That's why I think it will be loaded with ballads. But there's nothing wrong with that. I just wanna see what direction Axl is taking GNR.

2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 09:50:22 PM »

I pray that chinese democracy is on CD, but its possible it won't make the cut either

You've said some weird shit man, and this ranks up there with the best.
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 10:02:30 PM »

The Beatles: White Album
Rolling Stones: Exile on Main Street
The Who-Tommy
Jimi Hendrix-Electric Ladyland
Led Zeppelin-Physical Graffiti
Pink Floyd- The Wall

I hope Chinese Democracy will be Axl's opus his version of the albums listed above. His epic, ecletic record filled with an enormous range of songs, huge piano and string arrangments and massive guitars.

I think he can do it. ok

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2005, 04:23:48 PM »

well if it wasn't written for the album why was it written? I'm not saying it'll be there - but its not like the guys think "Lets write a song we're never gonna put on an album."

Ud be suprised how many pretentious dickheads think that way. "Dude our art is way too much for anyone to see, they dont deserve to listen to this song that we wrote."

Then the prick crumbles the paper with the song on it up and eats it  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2005, 05:20:44 PM »

Why the talk about Dylan and Steph?  That was over a decade ago!  The man is one of the biggest rock stars of all time.  Rest assured he is getting laid on a frequent basis I'm sure and has moved on.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: