Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:58:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  For the record, news, Tommy update from Paul Westerburg show
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: For the record, news, Tommy update from Paul Westerburg show  (Read 5427 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2005, 01:17:27 AM »

one thing i don't understand...
as the members often said that they're parts were done...

shouldn't the paychecks stop there when they're not workin on it?

I think what minn is saying is that since the studio cut off funding, the band who had probably stopped being paid when their parts were done, lost faith that there would be a release and a tour. They needed to find additional income b/c the wait was going to be a long one if not permenant. Correct me if i am wrong.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2005, 01:23:11 AM »

I think what minn is saying is that since the studio cut off funding, the band who had probably stopped being paid when their parts were done, lost faith that there would be a release and a tour. They needed to find additional income b/c the wait was going to be a long one if not permenant. Correct me if i am wrong.

Well, I have no confirmation or indication of their faith in the project.  I do know that regardless of well, paying out a $50K payroll every month without new forms of very significant income would be tough on the wealthiest of American's.  Moreover, the Times article specifically points out the salaries of the bandmembers being paid by the label, not the management company.  The deal with Sanctuary is over publishing rights, not related to the current labels deal.  I think, even with the up in the air (with lawsuit hanging over it) Sanctuary deal, there could be financial problems sneaking into the picture.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2005, 01:25:53 AM »

ok, yes.

so the company funded the production cost- and the musician got payed when did work (not in dead time right?)
-and fund stopped and the musicians had to work 4 free?

Or that they stopped musically, no work=no paychecks? so they do x-projects 2 have a living?

But they say the music is done and the members seems eager in the media 2 have it out and start rockin
so i don't think the future of gunsnroses looks dark ?ok
Lets not forget the publishin deal, sanctuary and merck either then ?beer

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2005, 01:28:51 AM »

Well, I have no confirmation or indication of their faith in the project.  I do know that regardless of well, paying out a $50K payroll every month without new forms of very significant income would be tough on the wealthiest of American's.  Moreover, the Times article specifically points out the salaries of the bandmembers being paid by the label, not the management company.  The deal with Sanctuary is over publishing rights, not related to the current labels deal.  I think, even with the up in the air (with lawsuit hanging over it) Sanctuary deal, there could be financial problems sneaking into the picture.

I would think there is a clause in the publishing deal whereby some new material has to be released.

Also, I am not certain the band gets paid every month, regardless of whether they are working on CD or not. Anyone know this?

Merck's comments though have me second guessing the Times piece. I hope we get a statement from somebody.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 01:31:39 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2005, 01:47:47 AM »

Al
so, I am not certain the band gets paid every month, regardless of whether they are working on CD or not. Anyone know this?
Thats what i'm curious about 2... tho seems reasonable they not.
I would think there is a clause in the publishing deal whereby some new material has to be released.

Also, I am not certain the band gets paid every month, regardless of whether they are working on CD or not. Anyone know this?

Merck's comments though have me second guessing the Times piece. I hope we get a statement from somebody.
Yes, we should get something, because theory's is really startin 2 evolve...
we know it's gettin new material out, thats in the work 4 now at least? peace

Intrestin thingie MPNM? Wink but it will get soft if a reunion happens  hihi
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 01:50:51 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2005, 01:48:04 AM »

Well, I have no confirmation or indication of their faith in the project.? I do know that regardless of well, paying out a $50K payroll every month without new forms of very significant income would be tough on the wealthiest of American's.? Moreover, the Times article specifically points out the salaries of the bandmembers being paid by the label, not the management company.? The deal with Sanctuary is over publishing rights, not related to the current labels deal.? I think, even with the up in the air (with lawsuit hanging over it) Sanctuary deal, there could be financial problems sneaking into the picture.

"With the band's return, Mr. Rose's machinery cranked up again. One internal cost analysis from the period pegs the operation's monthly tab at a staggering $244,000. It included more than $50,000 in studio time at the Village, a more modern studio where Mr. Baker had moved the band. It also included a combined payroll for seven band members that exceeded $62,000, with the star players earning roughly $11,000 each. Guitar technicians earned about $6,000 per month, while the album's main engineer was paid $14,000 per month and a recording software engineer was paid $25,000 a month, the document stated." from NY Times article.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2005, 01:53:38 AM »

"With the band's return, Mr. Rose's machinery cranked up again. One internal cost analysis from the period pegs the operation's monthly tab at a staggering $244,000. It included more than $50,000 in studio time at the Village, a more modern studio where Mr. Baker had moved the band. It also included a combined payroll for seven band members that exceeded $62,000, with the star players earning roughly $11,000 each. Guitar technicians earned about $6,000 per month, while the album's main engineer was paid $14,000 per month and a recording software engineer was paid $25,000 a month, the document stated." from NY Times article.

actually we are questioning whether the band kept getting paid even after they finished their parts. We have statements from tommy, diz, and fortus that the music parts have been done for some time. It is a piece of information that hasn't been put together with what we are reading here.

welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2005, 02:00:34 AM »

Without going on a rant I dont think we should completely buy into these negative vibes. Tommy's radio interviews said when the album comes out Tommy will be there and ready to tour when they call his name, so dont buy into this I talked with a guy at a bar thing.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2005, 02:22:17 AM »

For the record I believe( know)Slash, Duff and Izzy will be reuniting. I'm just wondering will we get to hear CD with Tommy and the new guys or will CD be performed with the Big Guns themselfs.
Who will tour for Izzy? if all he does is writes and works in the studio at home. Or will he tour?

Oh, did I say to much for all these key pounders?Huh

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2005, 05:50:57 AM »

Honestly get a grip people! I dont know shit about whats happening in the guns world just like none of us do! But come on eh If all was not well in the guns camp, why would Tommy and Dizzy and more recently this Merck dude have given interviews about how great the album is and how they cant wait to get out there and tour this summer? And more importantly I dont have major knowledge of how a fucking huge music corporation like Sanctuary works, but I would put a lot of money on that they know enough about their industry and the bands that they have signed that it would be pretty fucking bad business sense to sign this recent deal if the album was unlikely to come out! I'm not saying any of you people ent proper fans or anything like that, but please keep the faith and stay positive cos I do believe that this is the last leg of whats been a long wait for the album that we all want to hear!

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2005, 07:41:54 AM »

Can anyone tell me when Merck started managing Axl? This is relevant as things seemed to have worked out very well for Axl in terms of Merck taking over as the CEO of Sanctury. Surely its possible to say that when Axl was cut off financially Merck pulled some strings and provided Axl with what he needed. We know the band members where still getting paid as Brain, i think it was Brain said that he was still in GnR aslong as the Cheques kept coming in.

Now with Merck as CEO it could go two ways, he either has so much faith in Axl that he is willing to give him as much money and as much time as needed to complete the album.... or he uses the fact that he has supported Axl for such a long time with supposed money and the publishing deal and slowly pushes Axl into wrapping the record up.

Just my thoughts on this.

Jonx
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2005, 07:48:57 AM »

Can anyone tell me when Merck started managing Axl?

April 24th, 2001
GUNS N' ROSES AND DOUG GOLDSTEIN FIND SANCTUARY

Sanctuary today continued its expansion in the United States music market with the announcement that rock superstars Guns N' Roses and their long time manager, Doug Goldstein, are to join the Group. 
---

I don't know when Merck started managing the band, but that's when it was announced GN'R had signed to Sanctuary.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2005, 08:37:31 AM »

Interesting to say the very least, but a little short on substance.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2005, 10:14:35 AM »

For the record, it was quite well known by many in Universal circles that GNR was basically let go (funding stopped, all hope lost) by the label last February.
 I think my friend said the engineer who told him this said something like "it's like Aerosmith, even if they are not communicating directly, the industry machine communicates for them--with millions of dollars on the line that door is never shut."   

the engineer strikes Again!!!
So, in your plot, are you a tool on the side of the industry machine?
Sorry, dude. I've heard more n more different stories from "the telltales(?)" n "friends of a engineer/crew " and decided to believe The band only. Not a hearsay such as Brains irony.
Yeah, I was guessing they have been paid little if not zero for a year from the way they says "when it starts, I'm in!".
Getting no payroll, no respect, yet they have their hearts set on GN'R. Have you ever thought of that?

I ask you do you have a heart? Emotion? Hello? Hollow?
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2005, 10:37:45 AM »

I would assume that recent album releases, tours, and departures from the band all lead to the Feb. 2nd date mentioned in the article:? the paychecks stopped coming, thus in Dizzy, Richard and Tommy's situations they had to find some sources of income.? Buckethead was in it for the money, and quit once the paychecks ceased.? I think Tommy maybe rekindling some old-school creative magic that is in his blood, and that Axl maybe contemplating the same to save his career.? At some point the material will see the light of day, but financial realities and career realities may override creative pride in the short term.

This is what Tommy has said

Despite recording a track recently with Paul Westerberg, Tommy Stinson has told the LA Times that he would reject a Replacements reunion tour. He told the LA Times, "If they were throwing the kind of money at us like they were throwing at the Pixies, I would have to look into it because I'm in this to obviously sell records and make a living....

so the money issue could be there for Tommy.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2005, 10:47:32 AM »

This sounds like BS! but i really think someone gotta take some deep breaths here.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2005, 01:15:46 PM »

This sounds like BS! but i really think someone gotta take some deep breaths here.

I want to clarify that no specifics were mentioned that Tommy is going to record with Paul ever again, or that anything regarding Tommy's involvement with the current GNR project was questioned.  It was obvious that he was still involved with the project.
Osiris
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2005, 01:19:21 PM »

I want to clarify that no specifics were mentioned that Tommy is going to record with Paul ever again, or that anything regarding Tommy's involvement with the current GNR project was questioned.? It was obvious that he was still involved with the project.

I thought you would be done with this nonsense already............Danny
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2005, 03:43:24 PM »

I would assume that recent album releases, tours, and departures from the band all lead to the Feb. 2nd date mentioned in the article:? the paychecks stopped coming, thus in Dizzy, Richard and Tommy's situations they had to find some sources of income.? Buckethead was in it for the money, and quit once the paychecks ceased.? I think Tommy maybe rekindling some old-school creative magic that is in his blood, and that Axl maybe contemplating the same to save his career.? At some point the material will see the light of day, but financial realities and career realities may override creative pride in the short term.

This is what Tommy has said

Despite recording a track recently with Paul Westerberg, Tommy Stinson has told the LA Times that he would reject a Replacements reunion tour. He told the LA Times, "If they were throwing the kind of money at us like they were throwing at the Pixies, I would have to look into it because I'm in this to obviously sell records and make a living....

so the money issue could be there for Tommy.

And Tommy also said this about Axl:

"You're with him or against him"
GN'R BASSIST LIFTS THE LID ON FRONT MAN AXL ROSE
GUNS N' ROSES bassist Tommy Stinson has spoken to Kerrang! about the band's reclusive frontman Axl Rose.

"We have a great relationship," says Stinson. "He is very supportive. Hopefully some time soon the press will want to talk to him about the positive shit that is going on in his life now. Not just about drugs and drink like the way they always do. But when people come to see Guns N' Roses, they come to see one person, we know that."

Stinson, a member of GN'R since 1998, also revealed he would be happy if the band's original line-up decided to reform.

"If there was a lot of money on the table for the original GN'R to get back together I would totally back it," he explains. "Axl has been nothing but good for me and good to me. If that was what he wanted to do and needed to do then I would totally back him.

"Having said that I can't see it happening," Stinson muses. "He [Axl] is your best friend until you break the chain and then he doesn't want to know you. There are no half measures; you are either with him or against him."

Fans have been waiting for Axl and co's album 'Chinese Democracy' for over a decade, but Stinson reckons the wait is almost over.

"It's a hairs breadth from being finished," he adds.

In defense of the poster who started this thread, I have no doubt in my mind that Tommy is frustrated with GNR.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2005, 03:51:16 PM »

I don't know about Duff, but I think hell will have to freeze over before Slash even considers having to 'deal' with Axl again. peace

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: