Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:03:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  AXL Sighting
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AXL Sighting  (Read 14000 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2005, 07:57:54 PM »

I'm not biased!! i'm just being realistic!! I think its insane for people to say it will change music based on the 5 songs we've heard. I love the new songs excluding 'Silkworms' and 'Oh My God', but I don't think they will change the face of music. I would love for Axl to do something so brilliant that he changes music forever. Back in the late 90's when hip hop was ruling everything I prayed for Axl to come back and change the scene. But thats not being realistic!! Hell, this kind of discussion could be one of the things holding up CD. Could you imagine trying to release something while a bunch of people are saying its gonna be the greatest thing ever??

usurper
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2005, 08:04:10 PM »

CD is NOT going to change the face of music!! CD is more than likely going to be a bunch of overproduced ballads. I'm looking forward to it like everyone else, but I guarantee it will not change the face of music.

I am sorry you sir/madam are a complete moron.
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2005, 08:15:03 PM »

This record will not change the face of music for numerous reasons

1) Axl changed the face of music in 1987, and you cant do it at 43
2) Todays market is singles driven..ie..IPODS..and illegal downloading
3) Too many haters dont want him to succed
4) According to Tommy Stinson the album is long, has a lot of epic songs, some of which are self indulgent...that doesnt sell.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2005, 08:21:09 PM »

You put that very well, Welsh.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2005, 08:36:37 PM »

I think its insane for people to say it will change music
I guess every fandom of any big artist has an exaggerated talk or two like that and it's noting particular.

I'm not into tall talks that
I have never said it will change the music scene or gonna be the greatest sales ever.
But at least,
I'm sure it will be the greatest thing ever for many individuals and will change their scene of music.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2005, 08:39:48 PM »

Are you guys in the right thread?

The subject says "Axl sighting" and you're going on about the album changing the face of music...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2005, 08:42:55 PM »

Good point, jarmo.

I really am curious if axl still has his braids.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 08:46:28 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2005, 08:45:49 PM »

Hey Jarmo... Doesn't that happen on alot of threads!! LOL!! As far as this supposed "Axl sighting" goes, can you actually picture Axl telling a fan that he's going to change music as we know it?? I just cant picture Axl saying something like that. Even if Axl knew he had a masterpiece on his hands, I don't think he would be that egotistical in front of a fan.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2005, 08:47:38 PM »

and axl has never been called an egotist before....riiiiiiggghhht

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2005, 08:53:02 PM »

I didn't say Axl didn't have an ego, but telling fans he's got this great album is taking it further than he's ever went before. If I would have been standing there when he said that I would have told him to put his money where his mouth is!! Put up or shutup!!

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2005, 08:55:31 PM »

I didn't say Axl didn't have an ego, but telling fans he's got this great album is taking it further than he's ever went before. If I would have been standing there when he said that I would have told him to put his money where his mouth is!! Put up or shutup!!

yeah, riiiiiiiggghhhtttt. And of course you would know better because you have heard CD already? ohh sorry. you know the formula for a hit record? ohhh sorry. You have read insider reviews ? oh sorry again.

reynics22
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2005, 09:02:54 PM »

even though everyone has hijacked your thread, thanks for posting about it murseman.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2005, 09:03:28 PM »

Did Axl say anyhting else? was anyone with him? give us more details dude

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »

jameslofton29 - you would not have said that.  you would have asked him to sign your left man breast and then you'd say thank you sir.     yeah put his money where his mouth is.   Im sure thats what you would say to axl if you were there. 
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2005, 09:30:39 PM »

I'm sorry, but I really don't believe this guy who said he saw Axl eating alone at a restaurant somewhere.  I'm pretty sure if AXL FRIGGIN' ROSE was at a restaurant somewhere, we would have heard about it somewhere else already.  There would have been other people trying to approach him.  I just don't buy it.  Call me cynical.
reynics22
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2005, 09:33:31 PM »

I'm sorry, but I really don't believe this guy who said he saw Axl eating alone at a restaurant somewhere.  I'm pretty sure if AXL FRIGGIN' ROSE was at a restaurant somewhere, we would have heard about it somewhere else already.  There would have been other people trying to approach him.  I just don't buy it.  Call me cynical.

you're right man. he never ever goes to restaurants.

he eats alone in a dark room in his house.

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2005, 09:39:50 PM »

I'm sorry, but I really don't believe this guy who said he saw Axl eating alone at a restaurant somewhere.? I'm pretty sure if AXL FRIGGIN' ROSE was at a restaurant somewhere, we would have heard about it somewhere else already.? There would have been other people trying to approach him.? I just don't buy it.? Call me cynical.

you're right man. he never ever goes to restaurants.

he eats alone in a dark room in his house.

i remember reading somewhere he rarley goes to resturants, caus he feels he gets harassed all the time. maybe hes delaying chinese democracy so he can go to the resteraunts

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2005, 10:08:35 PM »

I doubt this happened. He said one fan during the 2002 asked him for an autograph and then yelled him about the old band. I dont think he talks to fans openly, and definitely wouldnt talk about CD.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2005, 10:15:34 PM »

I recall axl making vague statements about the album to fans following the vegas shows and when approached by fans in Rio.  There are individuals from other boards who claim that axl  told them  information about the first single following the MSG show.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 10:17:26 PM by killingvector » Logged

estranged.1098
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2005, 10:48:36 PM »

CD is NOT going to change the face of music!! CD is more than likely going to be a bunch of overproduced ballads. I'm looking forward to it like everyone else, but I guarantee it will not change the face of music.

I'm not biased!! i'm just being realistic!!

The sad part is you actually believe in the things you say.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: