Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:29:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Would you prefer CD or CD trilogy?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would you prefer CD or CD trilogy?  (Read 8348 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« on: March 05, 2005, 03:10:32 PM »

To be honest, I would prefer just one CD. He could always just do the other two CD's in the future. I'm starting to understand Axl's strange masterplan, and it's not a very good one. He is obviously gonna try to outdo 'Use Your Illusion'. And as far as i'm concerned,that's impossible. Every GNR record stands on its own. One album can't really be compared with another. I'm getting the feeling if he ever releases something, he's gonna try to release 3 albums at the same time. Is anyone here really interested in waiting for Axl to try and finish 3 albums? I believe releasing a massive amount of new material at once would destroy what little of his career he has left. Haven't you ever heard the saying"too much of a good thing"? It would be overkill. Axl needs to gradually reintroduce himself to the public, and I think a 10-12 track CD would be the way to go. I believe for this CD to ever be released, Axl and all of us hardcore fans need to get over thinking CD has to be a very long album with every song being a masterpiece. There are unrealistic expectations for this album. Why can't it just be a normal album? I would like to know one thing: Who put the idea in Axl's head that this has to be the greatest album of all time? If Axl is really turning CD into a trilogy it will become a never ending project. In 5 years we will all be talking about the same thing. Someone close to Axl needs to tell him its time to wrap this thing up. Tell him he cant eclipse what GNR of the past has done. That shouldn't even be the reason for CD. If we're all waiting for Axl to outdo AFD and Use Your Illusion', when Jesus Christ comes back the first thing out of his mouth will be: "Did CD come out yet?"

gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 03:24:05 PM »

I think Axl has always been driven to "top" his previous albums.? In many ways, I think that is very admirable.? I really like the fact that he has always worked hard to achieve something greater with every album.? (Whether he has actually done so is another question...AFD is a tough album to top!).?

But I also think you have a valid point.? CD is being heralded as a "masterpiece" (which I hope it is).? As much faith as I have in Axl, I don't know if he can ever live up to the hype for the average music fan.? This has been one of the most publicized, expensive, most-anticipated albums of all time.? A trilogy may be over the top.? Although us long-time fans will probably love the album, whether or not Axl will ever live up to the hype is something that remains to be seen.?

Nevertheless, regardless of whether Axl "lives up to the hype" and makes a heroic come-back, I am looking forward to CD and could care less what the mainstream thinks.? The music industry has lost a lot of credibility in my eyes.? I just want to hear what he's been working on for the past ten years.? ?ok

Interesting post.?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 04:05:25 PM »

i wanted to bury appetite
-speaking about the illusions-

I think he did.

Can he do it again? I don't think so.

I don't mind three albums, althought I believe it was one album a year thing.

ok
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 04:09:58 PM by Wooody » Logged

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 04:19:19 PM »

i think he should just annouce that ke canrt be arsed to make it. And let people live with peace.

html sucks
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 04:21:21 PM »

I think the "one album a year" story is misinformation. If that were the case, we would have already got the first one. I truly believe he's gonna try to do all 3 at the same time. There is basically only 2 plausible theories to the LONG wait....He's either gonna do it all at once or he isn't doing anything. It doesn't take this long to do one full length cd. Basically its either all or nothing. Axl has just about reached the point of no return.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 04:26:40 PM »

I think the "one album a year" story is misinformation. If that were the case, we would have already got the first one. I truly believe he's gonna try to do all 3 at the same time. There is basically only 2 plausible theories to the LONG wait....He's either gonna do it all at once or he isn't doing anything. It doesn't take this long to do one full length cd. Basically its either all or nothing. Axl has just about reached the point of no return.

misinformation ?
axl gave an interview. He SAID one album a year.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 04:27:30 PM »

axl says alot doesnt he?  The album will be released on blah blah date...oh no i dont seem to have released it.

html sucks
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2005, 04:28:08 PM »

I believe that he is recording them all at once so he can release them while they are on tour without having to stop touring to record the next one or two or however many albums he wants to release.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2005, 04:29:03 PM »

Axl is prob. long finished with CD and is finishing up the songs for the next two albums, which i think will come out shortly after CD. ?I could also see a double disk CD with a 3rd release after a tour.... I'd rather see that than a 10-12 song CD or a trilogy release. ?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2005, 04:38:47 PM »

Axl has been putting out misinformation for years. And if CD is done, why not release it??? Why let it sit in a vault and become irrelevant while he works on 2 more albums?? It doesn't make any sense!! As most people know, albums become dated real quick. And that will probably wind up being CD's downfall. If CD has been done since 2002 like some people here believe, his career is in big trouble.

gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2005, 04:56:16 PM »

axl says alot doesnt he?? The album will be released on blah blah date...oh no i dont seem to have released it.

Do I sense a bit of frustration?   hihi

I think it's time to pull CD out of the vault.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2005, 06:30:49 PM »

Yes you're sensing massive frustration!! CD is not only becoming a joke, it is past the point of being ridiculous!!!

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

I'll take one, that seems about what he can handle.. beer
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2005, 07:08:52 PM »

Actually, Mike, I don't think he can even handle one!! If he could, CD would have came out in 2001 and we'd be waiting on number 2. I just want CD!! I don't give a damn about 2,3, or even 4 more cds. If it ever comes out, I'm going to listen to it and consider it his last album. If he does anything else, it will just be icing on the cake!! But this time I'm not gonna wait 10 years for some icing!!

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2005, 12:06:59 PM »

i dont mind. a gd album will do

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
WAR?
Opening Act

And If I Want Too Many Things...

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2005, 03:47:53 PM »

Fucking anything. Jesus Christ, a soundtrack entry, single, EP, b-side, 30 seconds in a goddamned commercial, SOMETHING.

If I can dream, one album. One brilliant, challenging, compelling album. Sgt Pepper's, OK Computer, Dark Side of The Moon, Chinese Democracy, I want it in THAT kind of company.
fartinabag
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2005, 07:21:53 PM »

axl says alot doesnt he? The album will be released on blah blah date...oh no i dont seem to have released it.

Axl never said there was a release date.  In 2002 he said he didn't think CD would be released soon.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2005, 08:22:37 PM »

I wanna see one cd in 2005..then another in early 2006 and then one at the end

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 10:29:19 AM »

The problem now is that there has been years of a build up for the release of CD.  Even those not really bothered about GN'R know about this elusive album.

I can understand why he maybe thinking of a much bigger project than just the one album.  Because unless it is jaw breakingly awsome. The time it took to make will over shadow the work.   I don't mind whatever way he goes with but it really needs to be coming out soon.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2005, 04:56:06 PM »

The problem now is that there has been years of a build up for the release of CD.? Even those not really bothered about GN'R know about this elusive album.

I can understand why he maybe thinking of a much bigger project than just the one album.? Because unless it is jaw breakingly awsome. The time it took to make will over shadow the work.? ?I don't mind whatever way he goes with but it really needs to be coming out soon.

No doubt the longer you take the more people expect.. Pretty normal if you think about it.. Using the gnr name brings pressure too.. Honestly though how many people have been anticipating cd for years.. I am not lying when I say I can ask 40 people on my job site about cd and axl's new band and they wouldn't know a thing about what I'm saying.. So it's new to alot of people.. Forum members are waiting and some people in the industry..

Today's youth will be the measure of wether they suceed or fail.. Some of our old asses aren't going to do it.. hihi
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: